What Assassin's Creed will you pick up this year?

• 67 results
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Poll What Assassin's Creed will you pick up this year? (222 votes)

Assassin's Creed: Unity 21%
Assassin's Creed: Rouge 5%
Both 19%
Neither 32%
Waiting for reviews 24%

After seeing the announcement trailer for Rouge, I kinda wanna try that one, but I am planning on getting Unity for PS4 because I really enjoyed Black Flag and the earlier games in the series. It's kinda crazy for there to be two different Assassin's Creed games this year, but they might still be fun to play.

• 
cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I will probably end up getting both.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

If the reviews sound appealing, it will be Unity. As of right now, probably neither.

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I seriously doubt rogue is going to be any good, being a game made only for last gen consoles by whatever B tier team ubisoft throws at it

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm definitely getting Unity. I probably won't get the other one. A large part of how I am able to play the big AC game every year without feeling like it's getting tired or old is that I only play one a year, and it's exactly the amount of Assassin's Creed that I need for the year. Two games will be overload.

Never mind the fact that I would like to never buy a PS3/360 game ever again, and just move on.

BlueWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Play both and regret playing both.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

The French one?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7 FinalDasa  Moderator

I'm hoping Unity turns into something really good because I'm pretty ready to drop the franchise entirely. I got really into 2 and Brotherhood but 3 and Revelations were bummers and 3 especially burned me out. I never finished that game because I just didn't feel engaged. I was really hoping the American history backdrop, something I separately enjoy, would keep me going but I just couldn't keep with it.

With 4 there was a lot of talk how the franchise might be recovering, but as time went on there was more talk of how the main missions and story weren't great. How the core gameplay was the same and only the addition of ship sailing and sea shanties really added anything to the game.

I just don't like the idea of dropping $60 to play almost exactly the same game. I still have the same frustrations from Assassin's Creed 2 while playing the game and now I've done it 3 more times. So for now Unity will be a wait and see kind of game. It may take some glowing reviews to convince me to come back to this franchise.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SeanFoster

Even though I enjoyed Black Flag, Assassin's Creed 3 has taught me to wait and see with this franchise. I'm open to picking up Unity, and if don't, maybe the 2015 game will be better! I doubt it'll matter if I miss some story stuff, none of it makes much sense to me anyway. I just like stabbing fools, uh uh uh.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

How have we got this far into the franchise without them mixing up the Eagle motif and introducing 'Spider Assassins' or 'Panther Assassins' or whatever? Mix up those animations / costume styles and throw in some Assassin civil war business while they're at it.

I think it's great that we'll be playing as a Templar, but a little disappointing that they went for the predictable ex-Assassin angle.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably gonna get both, not sure on Rogue at launch. I have always been a big fan of the series for its mindless fun but wasn't a huge fan of the ship stuff in 4. I found the ship stuff broke too far away from what the series should be about. Really excited for Unity and I will for sure buy Rogue eventually but unless I get a great deal or some extra cash not at launch.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill probably get both.

I dont have a PS4 or Xbox One yet, but i'm planning on getting one this fall.

Overall i really enjoy assassins creed games. They're fun and usually pretty darn good. Though around here people are very spiteful and hate on the games like crazy. One dumb thing said by a PR guy and everyone holds it against them for months...

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By phantomzxro

Waiting on reviews, but there is a 50/50 chance of not getting either of them. If unity gets rave reviews than i may jump back in but aside from that i can wait until i they are super cheap.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nasp

as a person who has played every ac game and has defended even ac3,im getting neither.its just to familiar and we need a new looking area to play in .only way ide buy ac again is if they made one in the ninja or samurai time period.i dont see that happening because ubisoft said no to that last time i checked.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was watching that Rouge trailer. I couldn't help, but imagine that akatsuki theme playing.

Loading Video...

All jokes aside it made me even more less interested in the AC games.

Existence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably both. Love AC, bar AC3.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jazz_Bcaz

AC4 is the only one I've bought and spent time with, and I feel like it's the only one I've needed to play. The AC stuff by itself doesn't hold much appeal to me but combined with piracy and ships it just felt like a winning formula. I just wish it span off completely and went a bit more fantasy and exotic with sea monsters and a quest for booty or something. AC4 was all very dry for a pirate game.

Unity might be interesting but I have to wait and see.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By TheHT

I'm still playing AC4, but Rogue might be a good "don't care about this so I'll just goof around" game. The changes to movement in Unity are exciting though.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'm totally checked out on AC right now. Not sure what it would take to get me back in. Maybe a story from the templar's perspective would help, but less repetition and a more thoughtful combat system would go the furthest way, I think.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Well, I've sorta been collecting all of them, so why stop now? I'll be getting both.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by Black Flag after being bummed out by AC 3, so hopefully the new ones will be just as fun.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably both. May wait to next year to get Rogue.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm probably getting both at launch. I love me some open-world games.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rafaelfc

I'll get Unity for sure, after I beat that, I will check the reviews for Rogue and if those are any good and I still feel the Assassins Creed itch (very unlikely)

then i'll get Rogue.

Or maybe I'll just buy both of them for no good goddamn reason.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Unity comes out in October. I can't imagine going back to previous gen to play Rogue a few weeks later. More AC content with a massive downgrade in fidelity? No thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If a PC version of Rogue comes out this year, I'm definitely getting both. If not, just Unity and I'll get Rogue when they inevitably port it to current gen/PC.

fyrtail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Rogue, assuming my PC/current-gen situation still isn't great. My first thought on seeing the new trailer was that it would be the Haytham Kenway game that 3 halfway-was, and that very much piqued my interest.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

They lost me with Assassin's Creed 3 and I haven't played another one since. I don't think i'm going to change that now.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#27  Edited By BeachThunder

Assassin's Creed: Moulin Rouge

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By BabyChooChoo

never had much interest in an Assassin's Creed game before, but Unity seems really interesting to me for some reason so there's a very, very high chance I'll be picking that up.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

From the trailer for Rogue, I think they'll be taking Black Flag's focus on ship combat/exploration and placing you in a different environment. At this point I'd probably prefer the ship stuff to jumping around more renaissance-esque buildings. But I'm waiting for the reviews. Both seem like risky ventures given the track record of recent Assassin's Creed games.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rkofan87

I never got into ac so .

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

How do people keep confusing Rouge with Rogue. Rouge is French for Red and Rogue means someone who is dishonest.

I'll be picking up Unity though.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I'm so done with Assassin's Creed. Played up through Revelations, gave up on 3, bought 4 for cheap after people were raving about it but couldn't get into it. I don't think there's anything they could do to rope me back in at this point.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None. After Watch Dogs Im pretty sick of Ubisoft open world games. I might get Far Cry 4 but even that Im iffy about.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By whitegreyblack

I will buy both, eventually. But this year? Neither.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Both,Assassin's Creed 4 was kinda disappointing but I am still a huge fan of the series.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By Brendan

I haven't actually played an Assassin's Creed game since Brotherhood, but I've still been so exposed to the franchise in the years since that I feel malaise about the new products. Maybe Unity will be great, not sure if I'll play it. I'll never get that awesome feeling playing AC 1 & 2 again though.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to buy Unity. Then get the "Assassin's Creed: Rogue Definitive Remastered Redux Edition" for PS4 next year. Because it's inevitable.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By cornbredx

None, but I'll probably get Unity next year when it's on sale.

I just started Black Flag and it's so good. I am so glad it's better than 3.

I suspect Unity won't be, though. It's just a guess.

@brendan: I just wanted to say, after reading your comment, I felt the same as you (especially after how disappointing 3 was), and I was delaying playing 4 for a really long time. I just started playing it and I'm several hours in, but 4 is pretty awesome. If you like pirates I guess. It's still very much an Assassin's Creed game, but with a little bit of a lemon zing twist.

Parkouring around boats is as awesome as I would have wanted it to be. That's me, though.

God, AC 3 almost killed the series for me.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jeust

Just played the first two games. Got sick of it. I'm getting neither. Although I might give Assassin's Creed 3 a chance.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MetalBaofu

Only Assassin's Creed game I own is Liberation and that's only because it came with the Vita I got on black Friday. The rest I just rent through Gamefly, which is what I will do with the ones from this year too.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'm definitely getting Unity. I probably won't get the other one. A large part of how I am able to play the big AC game every year without feeling like it's getting tired or old is that I only play one a year, and it's exactly the amount of Assassin's Creed that I need for the year. Two games will be overload.

Never mind the fact that I would like to never buy a PS3/360 game ever again, and just move on.

I'm just going to quote this instead of just rephrase it in my own dumb words.

AC is one of my favorite series but one game a year is just enough for me to not get bored of it and, although I do like the idea of finally being able to play as a Templar, I don't want to get my 360 out of the closet and I think the French Revolution is a more interesting setting. Unity it is!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

I liked AC4, but even then I still didn't finish it. I feel like any more Assassin's Creed for me will run up against the law of diminishing returns rather quickly.

Certainly doesn't help that ALL of Ubisoft's open world games are structurally identical, and if I'm getting one of those I will get Far Cry.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I didn't dig the pirate/boat stuff in AC4, but I like that the meta story is still going.

Still a fan of these games, I'll definitely grab Unity. Maybe the last gen one as well.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By LiquidPrince

Both.

Lausebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Unity. We haven't had a proper city in an AC game since Revelations and tbh I'm not the biggest fan of the naval stuff. Some of it is even more repetitive than the Assassin's Creed-ass assassin stuff. And it looks pretty.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a PlayStation 4 and the last Assassin's Creed game I played was Brotherhood, so I could imagine that I would pick up Rogue if the reviews aren't totally dismissing it. .

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

If Rouge comes out on PC, than most likely both.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Unity or nothing

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Neither. I only picked up ACIV because I wanted to see how pretty it looked on PS4 and you know PIRATES. With Edward's story pretty much wrapped up I doubt we get any more high-seas swashbuckling fun. :(

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Corevi
@demoskinos said:

Neither. I only picked up ACIV because I wanted to see how pretty it looked on PS4 and you know PIRATES. With Edward's story pretty much wrapped up I doubt we get any more high-seas swashbuckling fun. :(

Rogue has the sailing stuff in it and from the rumours is a direct continuation of AC4.

IT'S FUCKING ROGUE NOT ROUGE.