• 57 results
#1 Posted by S0mewh4tD4m4ged (342 posts) -
#2 Edited by Video_Game_King (34614 posts) -

I'd like to see Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn put on an HD Collection for the Wii U.

#3 Posted by Clonedzero (3725 posts) -

Jedi Knight. That game was stupid amounts of fun.

#4 Edited by Slag (3345 posts) -

I'd like to see Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn put on an HD Collection for the Wii U.

I kinda hope that doesn't happen, because then I'd have to buy a WiiU. Or maybe it is that I do hope that happens?

#5 Posted by sixtycade (2 posts) -

Secret of Mana because that local 2-player coop was pretty much my childhood.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (34614 posts) -

@slag said:

@video_game_king said:

I kinda hope that doesn't happen, because then I'd have to buy a WiiU. Or maybe it is that I do hope that happens?

SMTxFE is making me buy one, anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

#7 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4282 posts) -

For me it'd have to be that X-Men game from the NES era. I loved it to bits as a kid and while X-Men Legends (and to a lesser extent Legends II) was kind of the same thing, I want the classic team and the classic costumes. I think that was my problem overall with Legends and later Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Still, I'd take whatever they gave me. I really, really loved that game.

#8 Edited by Talksin (39 posts) -

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain you MOTHER FUCKERS!.... sorry...sort of.

#9 Edited by Fredchuckdave (4483 posts) -

RE2 is a good choice considering how good the REmake was. Vagrant Story and Valkyrie Profile 2 need sequels/spiritual successors; any game that doesn't hold up in retrospect (for more than technical reasons) wasn't as good as you thought it was in the first place so the concept of rebooting doesn't necessarily work out so well.

#10 Edited by tonyp2121 (169 posts) -

Zork.

But seriously I'd have to say Legend of Spyro, but only if it was made by Insomniac, anyone else manages to fuck it up.

#11 Edited by Labman (286 posts) -

KOTOR!!!!

#12 Edited by Levio (1781 posts) -

Not to be a broken record, but Quest 64 demands a sequel that blows everyone away.

#13 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -

Banjo-Kazooie or Perfect Dark. I can't choose which.

#14 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2157 posts) -

Final Fantasy IX

#15 Edited by Reki (15 posts) -

Remake Boktai in HD glory. All I need is better-quality music (not necessarily real instruments), and either replacing the sprites with high-quality redraws or replacing them with sweet models.

#16 Edited by bigjeffrey (4162 posts) -

Halo 2

#17 Posted by DarthOrange (3498 posts) -
#18 Edited by MegaLombax (381 posts) -

War of the Monsters, and Time Splitters.

#19 Edited by cruxking (201 posts) -

The warhammer 40k dawn of war series. It could probably use a reboot where they make it a proper RTS again.

#20 Posted by Daveyo520 (6597 posts) -

Npt rebooted because the new games are great but remakes of Fallout 1 and 2 would be cool.

#21 Posted by Zeik (2113 posts) -

Probably Legend of Dragoon.

I wouldn't object to a Shadow Hearts reboot either.

#22 Edited by FesteringNeon (2153 posts) -

Mutant League series, NFL 2k5, and Silverload.

#23 Edited by Sinusoidal (1155 posts) -

Didn't we just have one of these threads?

Anyhow, I say Crimson Skies. That game was awesome. What a rush to barn storm through tiny little caverns with my wingtips brushing the walls. None of the other arcadey flight sims bother with interesting terrain. This needs to change.

#24 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2167 posts) -

The first Metal Gear completely remade using the new Fox Engine.

#25 Edited by Caustic_Fox (112 posts) -

I wouldn't mind seeing Terminal Velocity or Fury^3 remade with updated specs.

#26 Edited by RedCream (704 posts) -

Tomba

#27 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4866 posts) -
  • Killer instinct
  • Rush 2049
  • Extreme G
  • LSD
  • Turok (made by Farcry team)
  • Mario paint (perfect for wii u gamepad)
  • Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
#28 Edited by Arabes (330 posts) -

SMAC !! The greatest 4x game I ever played. Everything about it was great, custom designed units, land height actually played an important role in the game (higher land gave more energy for solar collectors, you could even turn enemy territory into wasteland by creating artificial mountain ranges using seismic missiles so that prevailing winds would blow rain clouds onto the mountains and stop them fertilising the land beyond), decent diplomacy, a fantastic tech tree with great colour in the descriptions, brilliant wonder videos... Man it's just a fucking great game and one I still play. There's talk about a remake every now and then but as far as I know the Alpha Centauri name is owned by EA so Sid can't make a new one :(.

#29 Posted by JohnSublime (44 posts) -

The first Metal Gear completely remade using the new Fox Engine.

Jedi Knight. That game was stupid amounts of fun.

Both of these. Although Metal Gear may have to be changed up a bit as a non fixed camera might end up making the game far too easy. Simple enough fix, just add more guards.

Regarding Jedi Knight there are a couple of texture overhaul mods out there and hopefully with the release of the source code recently we could see some more daring stuff coming out of the mod scene of that game to accommodate us.

Sad to see that franchise still hasn't been picked up again. All the action games you've been Jedi since have been sub par to terrible, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed being two major culprits of this.

#30 Edited by Castiel (2422 posts) -

How many more of this exact thread do we need? This is like the third in a month. Please check the forum before creating threads that already exist.

You know what, I answered in the other threads but in this one I'm just gonna say: I don't want to see any games remade.

I don't want to hold desperately on to nostalgia. I want to see completely new games and experiences.

#31 Edited by Rebel_Scum (563 posts) -

^^ Well he has a point...

but I have to weigh in on this one as I did with other threads

Flashback....prayers answered

Desert/Jungle Strike

Twisted Metal 2 World Tour...with exact gameplay, music and AI

FFVII

Snatcher - as a third person FPS with a bare minimum of FPS

#32 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

I have a hard time envisioning Final Fantasy VII working with ultra realistic graphics.. what with the cross dressing, riding dolphins and whatever else. Parts of it were very silly, I just couldn't see it working without the super-deformed anime look. An HD update is all it really needs.

#33 Posted by dudeglove (7254 posts) -

I have a hard time envisioning Final Fantasy VII working with ultra realistic graphics.. what with the cross dressing, riding dolphins and whatever else. Parts of it were very silly, I just couldn't see it working without the super-deformed anime look. An HD update is all it really needs.

Not to mention the act of terrorism (that I think a Kotaku article pointed out a while back) killing thousands at the start of the game which no one gives a shit about, but nowadays probably wouldn't fly. Also, what exactly was the deal with the snowboarding? I can't remember if there was a plot justification for it. And weren't you collecting balloons or something too?

#34 Edited by dpugh007 (1 posts) -

I wish they would make another Space Hulk Anyone ever played that?

#35 Posted by Arabes (330 posts) -

@dpugh007:

Dude, they are making another spacehulk :) It'll be out soon too I think. It's being done by Full Control. The guys doing it got the liscence to do a new Jagged Alliance game but I think their kickstarter is going to fail which really bums me out. I wish they'd bring back tactical rpgs.

On that note - fucking reboot Jagged Alliance the way it was not the new shitty version they brought out year ago. That was fucking terrible, it was like the poepl who made didn't understand what made the original a good game.

#36 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

War of the Monsters, and Time Splitters.

I second you on War of the Monsters. That game had a really simple but incredibly enjoyable combat system along with some really neat monster designs

I'd also love to see a sequel or spiritual successor to Psi Ops.

#37 Posted by McTangle (157 posts) -

Hogs of War, HD remastering.

I don't want a sequel as the '90s casual racism would be removed, gutting the title of its hilarious qualities.

#38 Posted by EuanDewar (4513 posts) -

Killer7

#39 Edited by Inkerman (1448 posts) -
#40 Edited by RandomHero666 (3174 posts) -

All Final fantasy Games before X
Rollcage
Wipeout
Gex
Croc
Medievil
Silent Hill 2
Dino Crisis series

#41 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3642 posts) -

X-Wing/Tie Fighter

Grim Fandango

Metal Gear 1 and 2

#42 Edited by SomberOwl (510 posts) -

SOCOM 2

#43 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

Jade Empire, this game never got the respect and attention is deserved and the world would look amazing in modern graphics.

#44 Edited by Hunter5024 (5174 posts) -

Breath of Fire reboot. Really I just want a new Breath of Fire game, I don't care how it happens. I also think Tekken could use an MK9 style retelling of the original story, because a lot of those details are pretty hazy and I'm not sure where they go from here. Maybe Kingdom Hearts.

As for remake, still FF7. I know lots of people don't like it, but of all their games, that's the one which needs a facelift the most.

#45 Posted by Gade (2 posts) -

I really want Bethesda to reimagine The Terminator: Future Shock in the Skyrim (next Fallout) engine. Unfortunately that will never happen and if it did it probably wouldn't be in the future from Terminator 1. :(

#46 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2353 posts) -

Turok 2 Seeds of Evil

#47 Posted by Nezza (312 posts) -

Crimson Skies and a my dream Indiana Jones title.

#48 Edited by JackG100 (399 posts) -

System Shock 2 in a high def release would be sweet.

Or Descent 2

Or Tie Fighter

Or Lost Patrol

#49 Posted by xite (609 posts) -

Karnov

#50 Posted by onyxghost (276 posts) -

I got my dream remake, X-Com. So, beyond that the only thing that needs a reboot in my opinion is Tie Fighter. Fingers crossed that EA falls back on a few Lucas arts rehashes.