What is your most disliked genre of video games?

• 68 results
KogX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By KogX

Poll What is your most disliked genre of video games? (224 votes)

RPG 0%
JRPG 6%
Horror/Survival Horror 2%
Shooter(1st, 3rd, Isometric) 6%
Point and Click Adventure 4%
Simulation 2%
Real-Time Strategy 2%
Turn-Based Strategy 2%
Stealth 2%
MMO 13%
Hack and Slash/ Beat'em up 3%
Sports 25%
Fighting 5%
Music/Rhythem/Dancing 5%
Platformers 1%
Modas/Dotas 5%
Tower Defence 7%
There is no genre that I dislike 6%
Others 4%

It does not necessarily mean that the genre itself is bad, but just one that you would not enjoy playing.

I would like to say that if you disliked shooters you are not only suggesting you dislike Call of Duty but also you dislike shooting aspects of other games such as Fallout New Vegas.

If you vote, I would like to ask you to provide a reason why you dislike that genre and maybe an example of a game that can show that reason.

Some people may have seen this poll before. I decided to create a new one with more options this time and see what changes from the previous one.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kogx said:

@pr1mus: It was. People said I missed a lot of other genres so I decided to create a new one with more options and see what people choose now.

Yet they continue to vote for sports...

I voted for MMO as I have absolutely no interest in the type of gameplay they wrap the social experience in.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Never really clicked with platformers at all. Even the genre greats haven't "gotten" me.

Everything else is fair game, though.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toss up between sports and music games...I have a baaaaaaaaad sense of rhythm so I chose rhythm based games like Rock Band

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fighting games.

Also as someone who loves MMO's I find the apparent hate for them surprising.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

where the hell is the option for driving games? I might have just missed it. I don't like driving game cause I really suck at them. Anything other than Burnout and some NFS games I have sucked at. I appreciate simulation games, but its not for me.

I hate most sports games, but PES is amazing so I can't talk shit.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting (but not unsurprising) to see all the sports dislike.

Personally, years ago I really enjoyed playing things like Sensible Soccer, FIFA and various golf games like the Tiger Woods games and especially Turf Masters.

Plus, of course, motor racing games are big favourite of mine (also a sport BTW).

Each to their own I suppose.

Ennosuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shooter! I really cannot see them anymore! There were so many Shooter and so many games this gen wanted to become the next call of duty, with script events, explosions and bad KI ... Or for example Uncharted, it is in many ways so amazing, but I hate this "cover and shoot" gameplay, it just bores me.

So next gen, there has to be a change, some innovations in this genre.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By monkeyking1969

I hate MMOs, no I just hate other people in my games bouncing around. I hate having to team up with strangers for long periods of times to complete quests. I hate months of grinding so that I TOO can own the exact set of armor that everyone else is wearing. The only MMO that seems cool is EVE, but mostly because it is set up to make most players feel powerless, weak, and stupid.

KogX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kogx said:

@pr1mus: It was. People said I missed a lot of other genres so I decided to create a new one with more options and see what people choose now.

Yet they continue to vote for sports...

I voted for MMO as I have absolutely no interest in the type of gameplay they wrap the social experience in.

That was actually very interesting considering that in the first poll had MMOs winning by a very large margin.

Kidable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Kidable

Horror Survival. I think most of them substitute good controls that make you feel like you actually stand a chance for slow, clunky ones that are meant to make you feel helpless, all in the name of scaring you and making it sort of cheap. There are exceptions, of course. I just generally don't get scared by games.

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sports, followed by Shooters in general, then fighting games.

I can play sports outside, I'm so tired of shooters it's not even funny, and I suck at fighting games.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I actually like them all. I wasn't sure going into the poll but every genre had games I like now or want to play in the future. The closest thing to a genre I dislike would be MOBA. Just hard to get in to sometimes, and, like MMOs, tends to demand too much commitment from me.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turn-based Strategy, Real-time Strategy, and Simulations are three of my least favorite genres. (I voted for Turn-based strategy)

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sports. they're boring. super boring.

Racing games. also boring. oddly i dont see it on the list

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

A lot of them I haven't played so I'm basing this off what I have actually played which are RTS games, I'm just terrible at them and find it extremely hard for me to manage many things at once, why I enjoy Turn based way more. Out of all of them I'm sure I would hate MMOs or MOBAs more though but my vote goes to RTS

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

There are games I like in all genres. But in recent years I don't have the patience or urge to play shooters anymore. The current gameplay depth of first person pew pew just plain doesn't appeal to me. Third person is a bit better, but not that much.

Mister9001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sports. I never could get into them (mostly because I don't have a certain passion for any type of sports at all).

Also the fact that they're a walking oxymoron.

Hinamotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By Hinamotto

Horrors. Though I know that some horror games may be some of the best overall, I find myself incredibly stressed after just few minutes playing and I just have to stop. I end up not enjoying them at all.

Sports seem to be the most disliked one, but I can have some fun playing Fifa or The Show with my younger brother, so no complaints.