Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

With many HD Collections coming out (and already out) what is your opinion on HD Collections? Do you like them? Are they worth the cash if you already own these games and why? What are your likes and dislikes of HD Collections?

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GunslingerPanda

My opinion is that I can't wait for Konami's ones to come out.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

I like them as an idea. I dont mind paying ~£20 for a PS2 game if I already wanted to play it since it should provide the best experience. In the case of games like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walkera and Monster Hunter I like that I can play PSP games on my TV, and for older PS2 era games I meant to go back to I can play them a lot easier.

Im not buying every games that comes out HD but there are ones im interested in like Ico/Shadow of the Collous and maybe MGS for Peace Walker co-op. Though it has to be of appropriate value since it is an old previously released game.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ryanwho

Cheap cashins. I had no idea people were so impressed by PS2 games with anti-aliasing and literally no other enhancements added.

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BrickRoad

I have nothing against them really, and am looking forward to the Konami ones as well. Though I do sometimes think how many times do I have to own the same game before I realise it's all a bit crazy.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By EuanDewar

Stupid things for silly people.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox

They're pretty cool, except I don't consider just rendering at a higher resolution HD-ified.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By benjaebe

They're awesome. I can play games that I really enjoy at a higher resolution on my monitor without having to break out my old PlayStation 2. Not that I mind, since I have it hooked up anyway to play Persona, TimeSplitters and the like, but I appreciate trophy support, a more consistent framerate (look at SoTC) and a higher resolution. And you generally get two or three games for $40. Can't really complain about that.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

They need to remake better titles.
Not just slap previous ones back in with a new layer of paint and call it a day.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By James_ex_machina

I like the idea a lot. As a music fan I love when some really old albums get remastered to sound better on modern stereos. With movies and music you can carry those moments in great entertainment history over to newer technology to keep enjoying them. With games you're almost forced to keep all these old devices around to relive those memories and if your SNES, Dreamcast, or other console dies you might not be able to play the game again. Although most of the HD stuff is games from the last generation it's great to see it with a fresh coat of paint(as long as they don't break shit along the way). Personally I would love to have a HD version of SUPER Bomberman, the Mutant League Sports, and many of the old games without them being completely remade into something else. Give me an HD version of Warcraft II! I beg of you! Don't change the whole game like Warcraft III just WC2 with HD graphics.

Having said all of that it does suck to have to repurchase stuff over and over... at least give me the choice to buy it.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zombie2011

I think they're lame, the games look better but i'm not going to re-buy them just because the are in HD. However, if you haven't played those games before it's an ok deal.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12  Edited By Giantstalker

I think they're fine for what they are. People who loved those games or never got a chance to play them the first time around, and priced less than most modern games.

At least they're in HD, unlike what Nintendo puts out on Virtual Console.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kandycane2029

I like the idea, but I wish they would add more incentive to pick them up. Throwing in some unlockable extras, new weapons and gear, and maybe a classic mode (not unlike Halo: Anniversary) would definitely make me want to buy HD collections. The MGS HD Collection is looking pretty sweet though.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By landon

As long as they are accordingly priced, I don't see the harm with not wanting to bring out my PS2 to play them. I think they are better for the rarer games I can't seem to find anywhere (Ico, Zone of the Enders 1&2).

OhHiMk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OhHiMk

I think they're a nice pick up personally, just because I like to see how the games make their transition to HD. Plus it reminds me of the good times I had with the games in the first place.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Cloudenvy

I like them!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RE_Player1

I like them. I get to play games I missed in a better form. I just beat No More Heroes Paradise which is really a beefed up Wii version, God of War Collection was great and The Sly Cooper Collection introduced me to the best platformer on the PS2, sorry Jak and Ratchet.

Chalian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chalian

I just want Megaman x 3 HD

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Three0neFive

I don't mind 'em, they let me play games I skipped last gen - God of War, Metal Gear Solid, the Team ICO games, etc.

That said, when I see a collection I'm interested in, like the Splintercell and PoP ones, I'll usually just go buy the games on Steam - higher resolution, better framarate, all that jazz.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nail1080

@GunslingerPanda said:

My opinion is that I can't wait for Konami's ones to come out.

wish it had silent hill 1

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By nickux

For people who are big fans of the games being re-released I think it's a good thing. Also, I think many games getting the treatment were overlooked because they were either on the PSP or a lot of people simply missed out on them. Games like MGS Peace Walker and the pair of God of War games. I know I'm buying the ICO Collection because I simply love those games and want versions I can play on my PS3. Same goes for the MGS Collection (I have the PS2 collection but MGS3 is weird on my PS3) plus I never experience Peace Walker. All of these HD collections seem to be putting some effort behind them so I don't see the harm.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#22  Edited By jacksukeru

I guess I think they're fine, it sorta depends on the game(s). They seem to be a good incentive for someone who hasn't played them to pick up a few classics without having to hunt them down at an auction or whatever.

Personally, I'm interested in getting the Z.O.E. collection because I never played the first and never owned the second, but I'm also considering picking up the Shadow & Ico collection just to play Shadow with a stable framerate (despite owning both of those and being able to play them on my PS3).

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

i like them. they should make them cheaper also. it's just something that i think. good stuff, i got god of war one, and i plan on getting the  shadow of the colluses one. i played a little bit of it, and i didn't play the other game that comes with it.

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Surkov

I like them. Widescreen, HD, 60 fps, trophies/achievements, and the biggest one for me, playing them with a wireless controller.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#25  Edited By jacksukeru

@RE_Player92 said:

I like them. I get to play games I missed in a better form. I just beat No More Heroes Paradise which is really a beefed up Wii version, God of War Collection was great and The Sly Cooper Collection introduced me to the best platformer on the PS2, sorry Jak and Ratchet.

Speaking of, I never owned Jak & Daxter and traded in Jak 2 & 3. I'd totally be down for a HD collection of that.

All the Ratchet's are the same though, so I've no desire to play the older ones.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By mordukai

I think it's great they are bringing the great games from last gen and the PSP for people who didn't get the chance to play them. At least they charge a reasonable price for a collection of games and not charge you $60 bucks for the same rehash every year over and over again.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By Claude

I bet the Wii U will have a shit load of HD collections. You know how Nintendo likes to repackage their games. Of course, I will probably buy them.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By MetalBaofu

I don't know if I would say they are worth it for people that already own or have already played the games. But, they are nice in certain cases. In my case, I'm currently playing the Sly collection, because I never did get to finish those back when they first came out and I did not own them before getting the PS3 collection.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By MEATBALL

I like them, I just wish anyone doing them would follow Sony's lead when it comes to the care and attention given to the ports. Ubisoft's HD collections have been a little bit rough, here's hoping Konami's collections are appropriately awesome.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

When they need or warrant remakes, they are awesome. The MGS ones sound like they have a lot of potential if they fix the feel a bit. The recent ICO/SotC was great because of performance issues/impressive visuals/industry defining games.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

When it comes out on PC I just think of it as an old game that gets re-released on a new format. Sort of like a VHS to DVD situation. When it's on a console that will become obsolete in another 3 years it's a little bit different.

/mytwocents