• 117 results
Posted by MB (11294 posts) 6 months, 2 days ago

What kind of phone do you currently have? (Oct 2013 Poll) (492 votes)

Windows Phone 8%
Android 44%
iOS 33%
Blackberry 1%
Other Smartphone (Symbian, Palm, some other outdated smartphone OS) 1%
Standard cell phone 11%
Don't have a cell phone 3%

I've been curious lately as to what types of phones Giant Bomb users have. I've got my suspicions but I'll keep quiet about them for now. Vote away! If you have something weird, tell us about it.

If you have more than one device, such as one for work and one personal phone, please choose the phone you prefer the most, not the one you use most often.

#1 Edited by Giantstalker (1443 posts) -

Droid. Galaxy S2.

#2 Posted by Hailinel (22692 posts) -

I use an Android phone. Just upgraded to a Galaxy S3 not long ago.

#3 Edited by Fram (455 posts) -

Just got the Lumia 1020. Lovin' it so far.

#4 Posted by Krullban (976 posts) -

Using an iPhone 4. Probably gonna switch to a Galaxy Note 3 when my contract ends

#5 Posted by Vao (318 posts) -

Moto Razr M, its not a galaxy or anything but it works for my phone needs, I have an ipad for the big stuff.

#6 Edited by Chrjz (303 posts) -

HTC One; I like it so much more than my previous iPhone.

#7 Posted by Zeik (2103 posts) -

A crappy pre-paid phone I never use. In fact I'm pretty sure I'm out of minutes right now and it's just a paper weight.

#8 Edited by Optix12 (571 posts) -

my dads old HTC desire, never bothered with an expensive contract when I have a pretty solid pay as you go system still running

#9 Posted by RoarImaDinosaur (191 posts) -

Xperia S

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (11256 posts) -

Regular-ass phone. I feel like an old fuddy-duddy :|

#11 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

HTC One (Android)

Best phone I've ever owned, and I've owned a whole bunch of phones.

#12 Posted by wemibelec90 (1275 posts) -

Still have a flip phone. Don't need all that fancy crap because I never even use the phone part. I barely text either.

#13 Edited by Nodima (938 posts) -

iPhone 4. Not totally sure why other than I'm still on a family plan with my mom and sister and the upgrade was free when the 5 dropped. Before then I had a slide phone with keyboard, and I still kind of miss that. But it is nice to be able to get on the internet whenever something internet-y comes up even if I don't have more than a couple non-Apple apps. It also functions as my iPod which is pretty important I suppose; I remember a time when having a 300GB iPod or whatever seemed like barely enough and now I'm totally fine with 16.

#14 Posted by ajamafalous (11590 posts) -

Still sitting on an iPhone 4 running iOS 5. Not really sure if I want to go Android next or stick with the newest iPhone when I upgrade, though I'm not really in a stable-enough financial situation to buy a new phone right now anyway.

#15 Edited by jkz (3955 posts) -

Lumia 900. I just get what I need to get done fastest on WP7/8, having used both IOS and Android. I don't use my phone for apps / browsing much though

#16 Edited by Asurastrike (2152 posts) -

I've had a Nexus 4 for nearly a year now. Before that I had an Iphone 4.

#17 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2442 posts) -

OId-ass Nokia 6300. That's a proper phone, not a rich hipster toy.

#18 Posted by Morningstar (2042 posts) -

Some old android thing. I mainly use it to call people and as an alarm to get up in the morning, so I'll only buy a new one if this one breaks.

#19 Edited by erhard (344 posts) -

I have an iPhone 4. I'll probably get the 6 when it comes.

#20 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I have a HTC Desire that runs android. I used to have a Galaxy S but the screen cracked on it.

#21 Posted by Dimi3je (223 posts) -

Sony Xperia P (Android)

#22 Posted by dungbootle (2453 posts) -

Moto X (Android), my first smartphone

#23 Edited by Village_Guy (2402 posts) -

Galaxy S4

#24 Edited by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1678 posts) -

Just upgraded my old Galaxy S 2 to an iPhone 5 S.

#25 Edited by Snail (8465 posts) -

Windows Phone 7 (can't upgrade to 8), but I want to switch to iOS 7 as soon as possible.

#26 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3479 posts) -

Regular-ass phone. I feel like an old fuddy-duddy :|

Same. I own a Nokia C3.

#27 Posted by PandaBear (1264 posts) -

iPhone 4S ... iPhone 5S come January.

#28 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1278 posts) -

I have two phones, one's for bitches, and one's for business.

#29 Posted by avantegardener (1087 posts) -

OId-ass Nokia 6300. That's a proper phone, not a rich hipster toy.

I think the lady doth protest too much..

#30 Edited by Twisted (131 posts) -

Just upgraded to a Lumia 625 a couple of weeks ago. It's not too fancy compared to other phones on the market but it's a massive jump from the HTC Legend I was using. I'm still getting used to the Windows platform though. It's really very nice, but to be honest I still kinda miss Android, it was great to use and there were a bunch of cool and useful features that I miss.

The lack of a solid free app for podcasts is annoying me at the moment. The one I had on my previous phone was great and I was able to get premium podcasts through it too. Can't do that on this Nokia and I can't just download them through the browser either. Might have to pay for one but I really need to make sure it supports premium podcasts first though.

#31 Edited by mrcraggle (1698 posts) -

Using a Nokia Lumia 920 upgraded from a Samsung Omnia 7. Stuck with Windows Phone because I like the experience but despite gaining traction, the app situation is still pretty dire. It also doesn't help that certain features from WP7 are severely gimped in WP8.

#32 Posted by Karmum (11509 posts) -

Galaxy Nexus, waiting for the forthcoming Nexus 5 announcement to upgrade.

#33 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

I don't need a phone, so I don't have a phone.

#34 Posted by Dimsey (943 posts) -

Currently phoneless. Used to have an old Nokia somethin'-somethin' handed down to me by my mother when she got some fancy-schmancy Samsung somethin'-somethin'.
Eventually wound up throwing it out because I never really had need for it. Don't really call anyone and noone needs to call me.

Though I've been pondering getting an iPhone. Not necessarily whatevers newest, but I've seen some pre-owned ones for relatively cheap and the main reason it appeals to me is that I could sync all my stuff from my iPod touch to it and just carry around the phone instead. Just a bit of added functionality and more storage than my 8gb ipod touch has. Will continue pondering it and will likely continue to not actually go through with it because at the end of the day, I still don't really need the phone.

#35 Posted by Lashe (1238 posts) -

Currently on an iPhone 5 after years of Android. It's nice having decent games on the move, XCOM sure makes the morning commute a breeze.

#36 Posted by Humanity (7938 posts) -

I have an iPhone 5 and it's been serving me pretty well although iOS7 is really hit or miss for me.

#37 Posted by Bismarck (430 posts) -

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note, but ever since I got the new android update for it back in july it's been glitchy, lost my lock screen and I've been forced to use an app to lock it. I guess I'll get a new phone next year, probably a Galaxy Note 3 or a Galaxy Mega.

#38 Edited by Hector (3346 posts) -

iPhone 4S. Have to wait till Feb to upgrade.

#39 Posted by wchigo (524 posts) -

Currently I own an iPhone 5S as my personal phone and I really like it; I've pretty much stuck to iOS ever since I got an iPhone 3G for $99 on contract coming from my Motorola Razr, though I have had short stints with a Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2.

We have a duty phone that I have to carry around as well when I'm working, but it's an older, crappy Motorola phone that's running a pretty old version of Android and is not representative of the current Android ecosystem in the slightest.

#40 Posted by Petturi (53 posts) -

Lumia 620

#41 Edited by believer258 (11035 posts) -

iPhone 4. I have enjoyed using it but I'm probably going with an Android device next time.

#42 Posted by PolygonSlayer (415 posts) -

Samsung Galaxy S2 here, but thinking that next year I might be getting an Xperia. I like the look of Sony's new range of phones. In any case I'm definitely sticking with an Android phone.

#43 Edited by NicksCorner (399 posts) -

I have the first iPhone. Inherited it from my mother. If I were to purchase a smart phone myself I would go Android.

#44 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Currently still have my iPhone 4, which I've had for three years now. Probably going to pick up the 5S when my contract ends.

#45 Posted by Baillie (3951 posts) -

iPhone 5s.

#46 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4423 posts) -

I recently upgraded to an Iphone 4s.

#47 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

I guess it's a standard phone. Samsung Intensity II. Pretty crappy phone, but it does its job.

#48 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Reppin' a Nexus 4 and it's sick.

#49 Edited by isomeri (1172 posts) -

Upgraded my Lumia 920 to a 1020 last week, and I have to say that the camera seems pretty fantastic thus far. I'm intending to write small reviews of both phones in the coming weeks.

#50 Posted by kindgineer (2484 posts) -

An iPhone 4s. Would upgrade to a 5s if my contract was up soon, but I'll have to wait. Still love the simplicity and marketplace Apple has!