Whats the better Super Smash bros.

andrewg14ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By andrewg14ak

This and halo is one of my favorite series of games, and I just wanted to know which one was your favorite. I liked the first one for N64 but its ben like forever since I played it I think i was 6 the last time i played but I still liked it, the one for gamecube was good, I have spent many hours of work into that game and I think that one would be my favorite and Brawl was good and fun to play but I wouldnt say its the best, so what do you think is the best one?

andrewg14ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1  Edited By andrewg14ak

This and halo is one of my favorite series of games, and I just wanted to know which one was your favorite. I liked the first one for N64 but its ben like forever since I played it I think i was 6 the last time i played but I still liked it, the one for gamecube was good, I have spent many hours of work into that game and I think that one would be my favorite and Brawl was good and fun to play but I wouldnt say its the best, so what do you think is the best one?

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By chstupid

I like Brawl the best
mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By mikeeegeee

In terms of balance, controls, graphics, selection, and content, Brawl wins hands down. I say this after having logged in countless hours on each game. Brawl is the most superior smash game released to date, which isn't to say that the others aren't still a blast to play, if frustrating due to their lack of features that Brawl has implemented.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Aetos

I would also have to say Brawl.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RaikohBlade

N64 Super Smash Bros. That shit was legit. When you threw someone, you THREW them. Not like the bullshit nowadays. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Never played brawl sadly :( But out of the previous two, Melee.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toowalrus

Still haven't played Brawl. It looks good graphically though. Personally I had the most fun with the first one, only like 12 characters, and everyone fights over the baseball bat. Plus I was like 10 years old, it was awesome.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By DrRandle

Brawl is the better game for obvious reasons, but 64 has something magic about it. It was the first and it was great for it's time. I really want that to come out on Virtual Console (or some crazy online-capable DS remake with a few extra featurses/characters). It's like the Zelda series. Everyone says Ocarina was their favorite when Wind Waker and Twilight have done it better in every way, and are by far superior games. ( I was always a Majora's Mask fan, myself. But Wind Waker is the best in my opinion. Well best 3D. Link to the Past, bitches.)

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By End_Boss

If you say anything but the original, you're wrong, but I can see why you might say it.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I played over 400 hours of melee. all strictly single player.  

Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alphonzo

Melee was easily the best

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Melee. You have to remember that there was only two years between the release of SSB 64 and Melee, and Melee was just leaps and bounds ahead when it was released. I spent a hell of a lot of time with that game and loved how deep it was, even if a lot of that was unintentionally so.  When I look at Brawl, the features that were added didn't really add to the core fighting experience - they were side stuff like an adventure mode and a stage creator that you couldn't really do all that much with, and the online mode was too laggy for me to get enjoyment out of most of the time, even if it was only a fraction of a second's worth. The fighting itself was a lot slower and more defensive, yet there wasn't any hitstun so if you hit someone you couldn't really combo; it was easy to strike back straight away. 

I dunno, I still like Brawl as a party game to play with a couple of friends every now and then but I still feel Melee has the upper hand if looking at things from a more competitive point of view.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#13  Edited By AgentJ

I'm glad to see more love for Brawl these days, though the game certainly had its problems. Tripping.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By raviolisumo

Melee.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Famov

Melee felt better. And I'm not talking from some uber competitive "fox only" perspective; the game just felt way better to play, even casually. Brawl does have some sweet character additions (I love ROB), but given the option I will usually pick Melee. 

All three are a lot of fun though. 

EDIT: And yes, I just realized I'm feeding a troll, but what am I going to do? It's not my fault he inadvertently asked a worthwhile question.
whitewolf2435

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By whitewolf2435

For just the gameplay, melee seemed a lot better. But I'd have to pick Brawl just because of all the extra features and character roster.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By hinderk

I enjoyed brawl the most.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By clarke0

Melee>>>>SSB64>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brawl
Melee is far, far better than Brawl can ever hope to be. Brawl is floaty and slow, lacks the tech-skill that was so fun in Melee, is incredibly poorly balanced (Metaknight anyone?), and has none of the competitive compatibility that Melee had. Really Brawl has a bunch of bells and whistles but when we get down to the core gameplay Melee is an infinitely superior game. All the stuff that was added in Brawl is pretty useless anyway, online that's laggy as shit, a boring and repetitive single player campaign, and a level editor that is incredibly limited. I will admit that the soundtrack is incredible and the graphics are nice but that hardly saves the game. SSB64 was awesome because you could 0-death combo dudes. 'nuff said.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RaikohBlade

Melee had too many glitches, Brawl tried too hard with final smashes, and the original is the still the greatest.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By clarke0
@RaikohBlade: Naw, man. Wavedashing isn't a glitch, it's an exploit of the physics in the game. Wall-techs and L-Canceling are in SSB64. I can't deny that the original is badass though.
RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RaikohBlade
@clarke0 said:
" @RaikohBlade: Naw, man. Wavedashing isn't a glitch, it's an exploit of the physics in the game. Wall-techs and L-Canceling are in SSB64. I can't deny that the original is badass though. "
Yeah, the original is pretty badass. I love the sounds when you smash people. It really gave you a sense of power. Not to mention how badass throws were back in the day. Not like the tinky dinky shit these days, you FLEW man!
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm going to say Melee but must admit I probably never gave Brawl the chance it deserved. I grew bored with Brawl almost immediately because it felt like I was just replaying the same game I had spent so many hours playing last gen. Everything felt too similar, and I've always kind of hated Smash Bros setup anyway. The single player mode has always seemed pretty dull to me, yet I completed it countless times in Melee for those God-forsaken trophies. That was like the pre-achievement craze.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#23  Edited By Hailinel

Brawl.  I really enjoyed its expanded single-player options (the Subspace Emissary mode frequently put a smile on my face, despite the platforming), and it has what I consider the best line-up of characters in the series.

s3ank1m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By s3ank1m

Brawl 

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShadowKing7

Super Smash Bros. for the N64.  I never played Melee so I can't say about it's gameplay, but the original has a certain magic to it, and from what I remember, the AI was tough but more fair, even at Level 9.  I can't stand playing against 3 CPU in Brawl because they only attack the player no matter what and that is just programming bullshit.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#26  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Brawl, definitely. It's got that crazy Subspace Emissary Mode (which can be played Co-op), a roster that isn't full of clones, and overall more personality than Melee. Of course, at this point I would just rather play a regular fighting game than smash sadly...

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Godwind
@AgentJ said:

" I'm glad to see more love for Brawl these days, though the game certainly had its problems. Tripping. "

Tripping on drugs?

I put more time into Melee if I am not mistaken.  I also liked the Single player for Melee a lot more, it gave it a more arcade feel to it.  However, I consider Melee a personal favorite while Brawl is probably the better game anyways.

Now let's compare commercials.

Super Smash Bros Melee.

Super Smash Bros Brawl

I think we can agree the obvious choice is the original commercial.
InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I think that Brawl is the best and wonder what the next smash bros. will do to make things even crazier.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By Willy105

Smash Bros. Brawl is the best game.

Smash Bros. Melee is the better made game.

Smash Bros. 64 is the one with the best sound effects.

@Godwind said:

" @AgentJ said:

" I'm glad to see more love for Brawl these days, though the game certainly had its problems. Tripping. "

Tripping on drugs?

I put more time into Melee if I am not mistaken.  I also liked the Single player for Melee a lot more, it gave it a more arcade feel to it.  However, I consider Melee a personal favorite while Brawl is probably the better game anyways.

Now let's compare commercials.

Super Smash Bros Melee.

Super Smash Bros Brawl

I think we can agree the obvious choice is the original commercial. "

This is the best:

@InfiniteGeass said:
" I think that Brawl is the best and wonder what the next smash bros. will do to make things even crazier. "

3D gameplay, like Star Fox Assault. With vehicles.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Brawl, if everyone is just having fun. If not, Original.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By Illmatic

I don't know what it was about Brawl, but the game just bored me to tears. I just couldn't get into the game with my friends but mysteriously, popping in Melee brought us right back to a good time. It could just be nostalgia working on us, but I'd have to choose Melee as the best of the three.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By ajamafalous
@Kowbrainz said:
" Melee. You have to remember that there was only two years between the release of SSB 64 and Melee, and Melee was just leaps and bounds ahead when it was released. I spent a hell of a lot of time with that game and loved how deep it was, even if a lot of that was unintentionally so.  When I look at Brawl, the features that were added didn't really add to the core fighting experience - they were side stuff like an adventure mode and a stage creator that you couldn't really do all that much with, and the online mode was too laggy for me to get enjoyment out of most of the time, even if it was only a fraction of a second's worth. The fighting itself was a lot slower and more defensive, yet there wasn't any hitstun so if you hit someone you couldn't really combo; it was easy to strike back straight away.   I dunno, I still like Brawl as a party game to play with a couple of friends every now and then but I still feel Melee has the upper hand if looking at things from a more competitive point of view. "
This is nearly identical to how I feel.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Super Smash Bros 64 for me. Got it the first day it came out and fell in love with it. A few years later i got Melee and thought it was absolute shit. But more recently (In fact a week ago) i have bought a Wii and have got SSB Brawl and am fairly impressed with it. I think it's a big improvement on Melee but still not as fun as the 64 one.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

The other Brawl 

I've never even played that game but it's great that it exists.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iam3green

i would the original super smash brothers. it just felt something new to a game. melee came out and that had some issues. the graphics were pretty good when it came out.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Manatassi

Comparing the games directly Brawl is technically the better game in the series. But nostalgia and the time of release gives me much fonder memories of the classic 64 game.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By End_Boss

There's already been a thread on this this week.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By hockeymask27

From a "which game is better view?" Brawl. From my personal enjoyment the original, nothing but  fond memories of 4 player n64 action.

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By btman

Original one for sure.  one of the best games to play while high