What's your "Beat Seth on Medium or higher" strategy?

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By keyhunter

In case you haven't noticed:

Seth is a real shitpiece. I have no Idea why such a terrible thing was put into an otherwise perfect game.

Anyways, other than when I beat him on my first try on Hardest with Zangief because I am fucking nasty with Zangief, I tend to get stuck fighting him with characters who aren't Zangief. For hours. I finally took the bastard out with Dan using a ULTRA on him, and then slowly whittled his health down by blocking until he did the across screen flying kick and using a LP LP LK on him and a couple EX Gadoukens. It seems like he's extremely incapable of dealing with this and it could be re enacted with any character, since Seth does the screen crossing kick without fail if you get far enough away and block all his shit.

How are you other people grinding through this nonsense without the magnificent power of Zangief?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

Blanka tapping punch also works wonders
Any character that has a good anti air attack, just play really defensively and then do the uppercut when he does his across the screen kick thing
Sometimes you can get him in a low kick knockdown loop, he just keeps getting up and gets kicked down

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By gla55jAw

I completly destroyed him with Gouken on Hardest with his horizontal dragon punch move. On medium I can usually beat him with a character that I'm somewhat familiar with. If it is someone I don't use though, its extremely annoying until you get lucky enough to win.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

The only way I could beat him on Medium was playing as Ken, 1 round, 30 seconds.

I managed to land a few attacks and then I just stayed the fuck out of his way for the remaining 20 seconds.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

I beat him as Ryu on Hard.  He typically does a crouching fierce punch (the Dhalsim one) to open up, so I jumped over that, landed a nice combo, then hit him with a fully-charged focus attack as he got up.  Then I just stayed out of his way for the next 20 seconds or so.  I had it set to one-round matches, 30 seconds.