• 105 results
#1 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

Mine is defiantly Unreal Tournament. But to stay with the times, I'm rolling Halo Reach for me competitive needs. What about you? 

#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

Modern Warfare 2.

I tend to stick to the Single-player modes in most games I play. But I spend a lot of time with MW2, and I had a lot of fun with it.

#3 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2733 posts) -

Call Of Duty 4, though I just bought Bad Company 2 so that might still change.

#4 Edited by RVonE (4703 posts) -
#5 Posted by Halz (127 posts) -

World of Warcraft. PvP in WoW got a lot of depth.

#6 Posted by BigLemon (1022 posts) -

GoldenEye 007. 

Or, I'm gonna throw in a darkhorse and say Lead & Gold. I'm not sure how people felt about it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not the deepest or the most variety, but I had a lot of fun with it.

#7 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

I know they're both new but I think Monday Night Combat and AC:B rank up there pretty high, if for nothing else they do something different and pull it off incredibly well.

If we need to be digging back a bit deeper I'd say the original DotA mod - sooooo much fun.

#8 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Counter Strike and Guild Wars.

#9 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

If Killzone 3 is better than Killzone 2 than I would have to say that, played the beta and loved what I saw so far. As for a game that is actually out now I would say Uncharted 2.

#10 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

Probably TF2, Uncharted 2, and maybe gears, but my list usually changes from time to time depending on the mood.

#11 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

Fat Princess or Team Fortress 2. I play a fair bit of Halo Reach and Bad Company 2, but I find it hard to take competitive games seriously in general.

#12 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

I used to play GW PvP a bit, and I really enjoy the AC:B multiplayer (even though matchmaking is very close to being unusable) but the one I keep going back to every now and then is Halo: Reach

#13 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

AC brotherhood

#14 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

I guess Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, because it's the only competitive multiplayer game I've played that doesn't usually end in me yelling at the TV and shutting off the Xbox with the desire to snap the disc in half.

#15 Posted by Sackmanjones (4762 posts) -

Bad Company 2 for sure

#16 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

Unreal Championship 2. 

God that game was insanely fun.

#17 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" Unreal Tournament  "
This. There's always at least 2 servers hosted at my school, so I still play it regularly.
#18 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I wish I could play Bad Company 2 more often. ):

#19 Posted by blaze503 (189 posts) -

Starcraft 2 for sure never played a game this competitively before.

#20 Posted by ThePickle (4169 posts) -

Currently StarCraft 2. I haven't played in awhile though. 

#21 Posted by Andheez (598 posts) -

The best are:
Team Fortress
Gears of War 1
Starcraft

Gears of War was the best ever for me, but its time briefer, as the feeling of 1 did NOT translate to 2.  Damn smoke/conc nades and plantable mines ruined it, that and they made Annex execution rules.....so dumb.

#22 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Fuck all yall Dota FTW! :D

#23 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

I'd say BC2 if I had a squad to play with, but since I'm usually a loner, Black Ops is it.

#24 Posted by ESREVER (2698 posts) -

I don't have one at the moment. I'm really pulling for BRINK to get me back into competitive multiplayer. If not, I might be doomed. 

SOCOM II, CounterStrike: Source, and Metal Gear Online 2 have been my favorite competitive multiplayer games from my past.

#25 Posted by Conker (795 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 and Gears (1&2). 

Back in the day is Quake 3; I actually do hop on Quake Live from time to time and I always have a blast on that.

#26 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

Smash Brothers, any of them were ace to play versus.

#27 Edited by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Of all time? Command and Conquer Renegade had the best online I have ever played in a game and nothing has even come close to matching how fun it was, but since EA shut down the servers I can't play it any more.  

I recently re-downloaded Bad Company 2 on Steam a few weeks ago and have been playing that every now and then lately, but I tend to go through a lot of hot and cold phases with that game. I will be really into it for a few weeks to a month, but then I hit a wall and lose all interest in it. I only enjoy playing the sniper class and I maxed out that class within the first few days I played the game. So now I don't have anything left to unlock and look forward to on the RPG side of that game.  

I like to dabble in Medic from time to time, I love playing support in games and running around healing and reviving people in Bad Company, but I hate the medic gun so it doesn't last long.

#28 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3245 posts) -

Halo1 on the PC. Though laggy as hell, it's addictive.

Currently its Call of Duty Black Ops. Reach was horrible.

#29 Posted by shivermetimbers (793 posts) -

Killzone 2 really started to make me change my mind about competitive multiplayer.
#30 Posted by Rawrz (598 posts) -

Halo Reach

#31 Posted by TobbRobb (4850 posts) -

Starcraft 2
From other popular MP genres, I say Team fortress 2, DoTA "or LoL" and Call of Duty 2. Yes CoD2, I still play it quite a bit and prefer it over it's "modern" counterparts.

#32 Posted by Carryboy (749 posts) -

Super street fighter 4 by a wide margin.
#33 Posted by enYallione (30 posts) -

Team Fortress 2 without a doubt.

#34 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Halo 2. I played a lot of effin Halo 2 back in the day. Man, those were some fun times.

#35 Posted by LackLuster (748 posts) -

I've put the most hours into Starcraft, Tribes Vengeance, Counter Strike Source, and Gears of War

#36 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

SOCOM II

#37 Posted by plop1920 (450 posts) -

WoW and TF2

#38 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

StarCraft II  

I would have said Ghost Recon but that was way back when and before they introduced third person and screwed the multiplayer up.

#39 Posted by Sunspots (186 posts) -

For myself, and a number of years it was Star Wars  Jedi Knight ; Jedi Academy. I still have the box and I hol dmany fond memories of many countless hours spent playing that game with the first clan I was even actively invloved in. The lightsaber combat was quite good in that game, with variations of "light", "medium", and heavy" saber strikes, and damage localization, (at least it seemed like it to me), saber strikes to the head seemed to always count as a one shoot kill. Man I loved that game, still do.

#40 Posted by X19 (2306 posts) -

Uncharted 2.

#41 Posted by Titl (539 posts) -

StarCraft 2, it's the only competetive multiplayer game i've played for more than 3 months. and it's still very compelling.

#42 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

Man, I miss playing UT2004. Bombing Run was an awesome mode. 

Besides that: Ghost Recon 1, BF2, and L4D are some of the most fun I've had playing online.

#43 Posted by lilman1101 (1067 posts) -

I really want to say Borderlands but I'm pretty sure that doesn't really count. 

Hmmmm, I'd probably have to say.....Call Of Duty 4.

#44 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" Halo 2. I played a lot of effin Halo 2 back in the day. Man, those were some fun times. "
May she rest in peace. 
#45 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Black Ops for online play but Super Smash Bros (N64, GC, Wii) for offline
#46 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Bad Company 2/ COD 4.

#47 Posted by Badhands (398 posts) -

Unreal tournament 2004 without a doubt, but within the last few years probably Halo 3.

#48 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (799 posts) -

Fat Princess.

#49 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

Team Fortress 2 by a large margin. 

I might take a break from it now and then but it's always great when I return to it.

#50 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -

Uncharted 2 and Resistance 2