What's your proudest game achievement? And why?

• 72 results
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

What's your proudest game achievement? And why? So we can all revere your skill!

I'm not talking particularly about psn trophees or xbox live achievements. I'm talking about an achievement of courage, endurance and skill envolving gaming. Your most cherished one!

Mine is beating The Forgotten One in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow's Ressurection DLC.

The whole dlc was probably made in hell, by Satan itself, with the cogs puzzle, and the lack of health and mana shrines leading to the Forgotten One final fight. But the fight itself shadows the rest of the journey that preceded it. It was a moment I felt that more than fighting the boss, I was fighting the game itself, with Gabriel's delayed response to commands, cumbersome run command, cumbersome targetting system with the inability to target effectively (that makes The Force Unleashed targetting system seem precise), lack of health and mana shrines, insane boss attacks, and their speed and range. And to add insult to injury, right before the fight I had killed all the spawned skeletons in the last area, because I was feeling confident, getting to the last boss without mana and a sliver of health. It was hell! But I beat it, after dying a good number of times, without lowering the difficulty from normal.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I once held the world record for the Moon level in Blast Corps.

Given the release of Rare Replay, this might be my only time to bring that up with any sort of relevancy.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Every single achievement across both Binding of Isaac games.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Playing a game of socom II and I was the last man left and they still had 6 or 7. I took them all out.

Finally getting the Mile High Club achievement.

Beating the 'Storming the Reichstag' level in CoD: World at War on veteran difficulty.

Not sure why two of those are CoD games. If I ever got a platinum trophy in a souls game that would make the list.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Beating Jagged Alliance 2.

Beating Xcom Enemy Unknown on Impossible.

Getting 3 stars in all of the single maps in Door Kickers.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Defeating Sephiroth in kingdom Hearts 1. When I tried the first few times, I convinced myself that it was damn near impossible. I ended up doing it and the memory of how triumphant I felt at the time (being I think 10) was just amazing. Probably never felt that triumphant again.

100%ing GTA: San Andreas is my endurance achievement.

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sku

I platinumed Knack. I do not know why I wanted it. But I did. And I got what I wanted, I guess. This may not be impressive to anybody but me, but I spent COUNTLESS hours grinding for diamonds and emeralds and stuff. Also, thanks to listening to certain episodes of the Beastcast and playing at the same time, the lava level and Minions are now inseparable in my mind. Thanks, jerks.

Also I just yesterday hit gold rank in Killer Instinct so that's cool! Firecat kicks, son.

simonkeane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completing The Last of Us on Grounded.

Currently working through the Left Behind DLC.

Avatar image for physicalscience
physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the top 5% high scores in Pac-Man Championship DX+

I feel way more proud about that than I probably should lol

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the score counter to roll over into letters (10+ million) in Battle Garegga. Took me about 3 months of learning from scratch to get to that point. Still haven't cleared the game, and I still want to raise my score more (ideally 13 million), but that was the big milestone.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My proudest gaming achievement was giving up Diablo 2 after playing it for eight years straight.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#13  Edited By StarvingGamer

Probably getting shouted out by the best-geared Alliance raiding guild on my server when Warsong Gulch was first introduced for being the single most disruptive/tide of battle-turning Horde player with my PvE specced Holy Priest decked out mostly in Greens. This all culminated in their star Druid flag runner accusing me of hacking because I managed to dispel his Nature's Swiftness before he could use it to heal himself (that's a less than 0.5 second how-fast-is-the-other-guy-pushing-buttons reaction window through MMO lag BTW).

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Completing Mass Effect 2 on the Insanity difficulty. Good lord, that game in particular was unforgiving at the higher difficulties.

I ended up S-Ranking the whole trilogy, but going through that gave me a better appreciation of the combat and ability mechanics. It's a shame they didn't explain that stuff better.

LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completing Mass Effect 2 on the Insanity difficulty. Good lord, that game in particular was unforgiving at the higher difficulties.

Mine too. Going back and playing through the series on Insanity was a pleasure, but real tough. Those platforms in the Collectors' ship... yikes.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By GunstarRed

@sku said:

I platinumed Knack. I do not know why I wanted it. But I did. And I got what I wanted, I guess. This may not be impressive to anybody but me, but I spent COUNTLESS hours grinding for diamonds and emeralds and stuff. Also, thanks to listening to certain episodes of the Beastcast and playing at the same time, the lava level and Minions are now inseparable in my mind. Thanks, jerks.

Y'know, that is pretty impressive. the grinding is the worst thing, but finishing it on the hardest difficulty even with Diamond Knack is no joke.

For me it has always been the 100% completions in the Katamari games. I've done the whole process three times at this point, and there is a Trophy in the PS3 game and an achievement in the 360 game. Oh, and one million roses in We <3 Katamari.

Obviously Mile High Club is an impressive one to have, but No Fighting in the War Room on Veteran is arguably as difficult.

Finishing Ecco the Dolphin twice is an achievement for many, many, many reasons.

That collection bullshit in the Claptrap Borderlands DLC (awful, awful, awful drop rates on some of those items.)

Bionic Commando on the 360 game on the highest difficulty.

Finishing RE4 on Professional and Jak 2 on the PS2 with a broken controller.

That time I killed about 20 people in a row in an online match of Ghost Recon Future Warfighter. The online in that game was pretty damn good. You know when you're having a good streak in a shooter when you run out of all of your ammo.

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OneLoneClone

Finished X-Com: Enemy Within on IronMan mode (1 save, constantly overwritten)

When I was 12 I won a Commodore 64 by winning a videogame contest (Attack of the Mutant Camels) sponsored by KMEL radio station in SF, CA.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@starvinggamer: If only macros existed.

MMOs are amazing if you want to feel good about yourself, being semi-conscious makes you good, being decent makes you an immortal.

I was the best overall player in Warhammer Online when 100k people played it and a top 10 tank in the world in WoW.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finishing 4th at Extra Life United 2014 in Orlando, won $10,000 for Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played through some of the games I have purchased on Steam Summer Sales.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the platinum trophy in both Hotline Miami 1 and 2. I remember actually saying out loud to myself on more than one occasion that it was impossible. Somehow though, I made it.

That and at one point having the number 1 score in the world on "Maps" by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs on Rockband with my three housemates as our band: 3ntercourse

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was 10 years old, and had just gotten to the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. I kept drowning - over and over and over - because I had never found the blue tunic. In fact, I don't think I knew it existed. So, it seemed to me that the solution was to collect fairies in bottles and go at it that way. I managed to beat the temple by memorizing the underwater tunnels and swimming between them as quickly as possible, drowning and reviving with a fairy when it was absolutely necessary.

Then, like 20 minutes after I conquered that nightmare, I found the blue tunic.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I was one of the first people to finish GTA 4 100%, and Rockstar sent me a key to the city.

Topshelf211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Won a Super Mario Kart tourney at a local game store and the grand prize was Ken Griffey Jr Baseball. Jack Pot!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beating Dark Souls. I was in a weird contradictory state of saying I'm ready to quit the Gwynn fight but kept coming back run after run.

Probably the point where I broke PES 2013 comes close. Basically I was playing with the default squad on Superstar difficulty (highest difficulty, for those not in the know) and, the way players developed in the game meant I had a superteam after 3-4 years. Annoyingly never secured a treble but won everything else for a couple of years.

grapesoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting an S-rank on every level in Metal Gear Rising on revengeance difficulty. Most of the regular fights weren't too bad but the boss fights got pretty rough since you had to avoid all damage while meet time and combo requirements.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat everything on F-Zero GX and to this day I still don't know how I did it going back to it as an adult I don't know how I was able to do it. I remember the story mode being hard as nails.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished MGS4 and got the Big Boss Emblem no kills/deaths/alerts/health items on the hardest difficulty all in under 5 hours. then I went and got all of the rest of the 40 emblems in that game. It has been in my mind the past week watching Metal Gear Scanlon. Drew beat the last boss in one go, it took me 29 tries to beat ocelot in that final fight.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was one of the first people to finish GTA 4 100%, and Rockstar sent me a key to the city.

Same for me. I remember it was originally 1 week after release to get it but they extended the deadline to 2 weeks. I still can't look at pigeons the same way...

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

First and only time I've sat at the top of the leaderboards in a video game. Never thought it would be on the hard version of a Hotline Miami 2 level.
First and only time I've sat at the top of the leaderboards in a video game. Never thought it would be on the hard version of a Hotline Miami 2 level.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

It may seem a little odd but I'm pretty proud of my 150,000ish kills across Halo multiplayer, I love those games and I take pride in the fact that I'm good at them and that still to this day have a blast playing them.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As my first game to play in the Souls series, getting through Sens Fortress in Dark Souls was a proud moment. Or maybe it was beating the Bed of Chaos. Or was it *insert anything here*? I can't choose, but there are a lot of moments withing Dark Souls that I let out a loud scream for beating/getting through.

kaptainkobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The marathon achievement on Trials HD. That thing was super difficult, 20 track tournament and you have to do it with no faults. Took me around a year of playing and trying the achievement on and off.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShadowConqueror

A few that come to mind:

Being on the number 1 ranked team in the world in Gears of Wars' ranked Assassination mode.

Beating The Last of Us on Grounded and Grounded+.

Mile High Club.

Getting all achievements in Dark Souls.

Being in the first hundred people to platinum Bloodborne.

Getting all achievements in Mass Effect 1 and 2, Oblivion, and Fallout 3. Not particularly difficult, but I love those games to death.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completing Super Mario 3 for the first time on the SNES port, then immediately booting up the NES version and completing that over the next week or so. I think I was about 8.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beat dragon warrior by joining the dragon lord *shades*

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@flameboy84: What was the drive? I bought that game, played the Grand Prix modes a bunch of times and unlocked stuff, but maybe made it seven or eight levels before I just decided that Story wasn't worth putting up with that difficulty. Was there a compelling challenge or was it just having dropped cash on a game and getting a completionist itch.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I've played a lot of games I don't really gravitate toward one thing long enough to have any sort of stellar, unrepeatable gaming achievement, though two come to mind.

Beating Demon's Souls is probably cliche at this point, but knowing myself and how I distance myself knowingly from "difficult" games it's surprises me that I was able to pull it off. It's hard to describe to others how something so inane can actually be, in a sense, rewarding and fun... but I guess this stuff has gone mainstream enough to where there's a fair few people these days that can relate that feeling you get after taking down a boss in a soul's game after a day of trying. Sadly, I feel like one game in that genre took it all out of me. I just didn't have the patience to relearn everything when I went into Dark Souls.

And Crysis man. I love that game. Right time, right place for me. Being at college and gathering around the computer to watch someone play something that seemed so graphically revolutionary and big. I've finished that game more times than I can count and it's the only game I have ever Platinum'd on the PS3. Yeah yeah, spare me the criticisms.

duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100%ing Spelunky, beating Hell in Cave Story, finishing I Wanna Be the Guy

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AthleticShark

Beating Rock Band Drums on Expert and also Through the Fire and Flames Expert in Guitar hero

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Getting every achievement in base game Burnout Paradise (and almost all in the addons) AND doing all ingame challenges and records, including all the bike-stuff.

Getting the Jihad-Achievement in Europa Universalis IV.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By Justin258

I once finished a game of CSGO in the top 3 without dying.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine is probably something dumb in the grand scheme of things.. I hit 10th prestige on Call of Duty 4 legitimately... maybe that? Back when that series was fun enough to spend that much time with it and not want to die afterwards.
Then the modder nonsense started, and made the game unplayable. The world can be a sad place sometimes.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably getting the platinum in Binding of Isaac Rebirth, I enjoyed (almost) every minute of it except grinding for the last couple of items and doing The Lost hard runs.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was ranked number 1 in the world for a time in Divekick on ps3, for the players of Kung Pao.

mrblobby64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back when I had a lot of free time I beat Rock Band 2's Endless Setlist on expert drums. Though I never got the Bladder of Steel achievement (which was to beat the Endless Setlist without ever pausing/failing out), I ended up failing on Shoulder to the Plow which is like in the last few songs. That and I got all the achievements in Dark Souls 2.

BayernBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was ranked top 25 tankers in Battleground Europe for a long time. That was no easy task in that game.

And last year I finally finished (successfully) a full campaign of War in the East. Took 2 months but I won!

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sure there are others if I thought about it, but these are the three funniest and the ones I bring up most given the conversation;

• Beating my friend in Super Street Fighter 2 using my feet while eating a bowl of spaghetti.
  • Playing Call of Duty 2 against a friend from school and his buddies and winning 50-0 in a 3v1 matchup. While that in itself wasn't such a big deal, especially since we were so few and I had mostly been playing online and they had mostly played each other. The pride came when he explicitly told me at school I wouldn't be invited back, because no one but me had fun, apparently.
  • Beat Ruby Weapon in FFVII on my first try at my friend's place on his play through while he was out getting groceries, after trying to beat it for two days. I recall him handing me the controller and told me to have a go while he was out. When he came back he almost knocked his head into the tv making sure I wasn't kidding.

I think the actual greatest achievement in game's I've had is in this past year. When I've been sitting down and forcing myself to understand what the game is telling me to do and figure out how to do it, as opposed to brute forcing my way through it or give up on it because it's not bending to my will. I've always been impatient with games previously. So, I guess, my achievement is self-development and not an actual game. But that's not a fun answer, so stick to the previous ones.

outlawtorn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The iron man achievement in x-com. The no kills one in mgs4. Winning 5 games of tekken against my friends whilst blindfolded -may have been a certain amount of luck involved with that one but the look on their faces was great especially as that group involved Dan levels of shit talk.

Professionlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when i beat my first game. it was aladdin for the sega genesis. also im in a top 10 guild in this bootleg ass pokemon f2p on android