Which has you more excited? Dragon Age Inquisition or The Witcher 3?

• 126 results
themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which has you more excited? Dragon Age Inquisition or The Witcher 3? (670 votes)

Dragon Age: Inquisition 21%
The Witcher 3 79%

Despite them being vastly different playing games, they sure invite comparison when both are the biggest upcoming video game fantasy rpgs right now, and devs from both have admitted how the success of Skyrim affected the games' design. So, which one are you more excited for?

Not to mention both games are conclusions to backstories set up from the games before. Witcher 3 has Geralt finally catching up to the Wild Hunt in his journey to find his lost "love", and Dragon Age Inquisition has the inquisition ready to clean up the mess from DA2's ending (ironic).

Both games will introduce core new mechanics too. You'd be tracking down, trapping, and hunting down monsters in an open-world Witcher 3. You'd be building forts, managing your army, and planning carefully for each encounter in Dragon Age Inquisition.

This is exciting. Both games would be amazing. But having played 1 and 2 from both franchises and liking both very much, I have to say I'm actually much more excited for DA3. Not because of the closer release date, but just being able to journey alongside the characters from the past games once more is something to look forward to. The only thing that pushed me to finish DA2 was hoping for another references of the first game to be dropped, and DA3 will be full of them. Anyways, which game has gotten you hyped?

• 
UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Currently Inquisition, it's closer to release so I'm getting pumped for it. I enjoyed the previous 2 a lot and I consider DAO to be in my top 3 games. Witcher 3 is far enough away that I'm not that excited yet. That being said, Witcher 2 is probably my second favourite game ever so I'm still really looking forward to 3.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Excited for both, but The Witcher III is more " important " to me. I'm just more invested in that story than I am in Dragon Age's.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chrissedoff

The Witcher is too far away to get excited just yet. Even Dragon Age doesn't really have me excited, per se. Faintly tingly, perhaps, but not excited.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Dragon Age for me. I have a very strong love for both franchises, but there's just something about Dragon Age that's getting me ridiculously excited right now. Maybe it's because it's coming out this year and the Witcher isn't, I don't know.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Witcher

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kinda have two answers.short term dragon age because its on ps3 and is coming out soon.long term witcher because im more excited for it ,but im not wanting a next gen console anytime soon plus the release date is farther away.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I want them both. Equally. For different reasons.

Where's my Bofum option?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

Oh, Dragon Age. The original is one of my favourite games of the last generation, while DA2 was... well, y'know. Though DAI looks like they've been remedying a lot of the common complaints and then some. The Witcher, however, I have no experience with beyond playing The Witcher 2 on 360 for like an hour, which it disappointingly failed to draw me in and I've never bothered to go back to it... I didn't think it looked very good at that, and I don't mean in comparison to its PC version but simply as a console game. Has a very grainy art style that I didn't like the look of and there was just something off about it all.

That all said, I think The Witcher 3 looks pretty alright.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Both. Although DA3 looks a little disappointing from what they showed. So The Witcher 3 more so than the DA3.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Both. Deal.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Age...feel like a kid before Christmas already. Gonna be a long wait! :)

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HH

dragon age, but aside from fantasy settings i don't think the comparison makes any sense. the witcher only demands an action game level of involvement from the player (and a pretty stiff action game at that), you don't even get to choose your weapon, whereas dragon age is a customizable party-based rpg in the classic mould.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I honestly love the Rhode bros art, but I never liked a single Dragon Age game, Witcher series is such a more focused and better designed game.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thou I am waiting to play Dragon Age 3 ..... really the witcher 3 just wowed me way too much , so much as now I am saving to finally plunge in to the next/current gen now.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Both?

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I will probably end up with both but Inquisition comes out first so I'm more excited for it. Also, I care more about the lore in Dragon Age more.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher confuses me. I love RPGs, but I can't get into any Witcher games. I think a big problem for me is I can't create my own character. Dragon Age on the other hand... I loved the first one and I didn't find the second one as offensively bad as others did. The only real problem with two was the repeated environments (which was a big problem, to be sure), but that didn't bring the whole game down for me. So I am looking forward to DAI more.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I like me some Dragon Age, but it's got nothing on The Witcher.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DA: Origins was awesome, BUT I NEED MY WITCH FIX.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is absolutely no contest, The Witcher as a series is already better than anything Bioware has done except MAYBE Mass Effect 1 and KOTOR. Dragon Age is so mediocre, especially when compared to The Witcher. In pretty much every aspect too.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

As someone who hasn't played a single game in either franchise The Witcher 3 stands out the most in my eyes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3, because Dragon Age 2 still makes me hurt. ...And Witcher 3 looks bloody awesome from top to bottom and is exactly the kind of game I want right now.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher for me. I'll definitely give Inquisition a fair hearing this fall, but right now I'm more wary than excited.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3 because of EA's track record.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By Seppli

More excited for The Witcher 3, but I'm sure I'll love Dragon Age 3 too. Definitely will play both. Shame they didn't show Dragon Age 3's tactical view in the conference, but I'm sure we'll get lots of it from the showfloor coverage.

Hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite not being able to beat either of the first two Witcher games, I'll buy a ps4 for the game.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vuud

Dragon Age was never that great; I mean it never blew my socks off. I thought Origins was a good start and could go to great places, but then 2 happened and I lost all hope.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Tennmuerti

Well I'm looking forward to both, but the Witcher 3 got me way way more excited.

They came off strong in every game, 2 and now 3 look graphically on a whole other level from everything else. The dialogue and story in the Witcher games is done better throughout, and of course their way of handling choices and consequences is still untouched by any other recent rpg, something all games in the genre could learn from. Their latest trailer was stunning, while DA trailer still leaves me unsure if they will do good. Dragon Age still has to prove itself after a failed second entry and the only thing it has going over the other for it is the party combat. That said they are both looking to come out more then fine and as a wRPG nerd it's gonna be great to dig into both of them.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Toxeia

Fuck. Your. Dragon. Age. Get this poll out of my si(gh)t(e).

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anund said:

The Witcher confuses me. I love RPGs, but I can't get into any Witcher games. I think a big problem for me is I can't create my own character. Dragon Age on the other hand... I loved the first one and I didn't find the second one as offensively bad as others did. The only real problem with two was the repeated environments (which was a big problem, to be sure), but that didn't bring the whole game down for me. So I am looking forward to DAI more.

The characters, Geralt in particular, are a big part of what's great about the Witcher universe. The games, while great, don't quite do the books justice in that regard. Even though there are some choices you can make in the Witcher games, it's really about having the opportunity to play as Geralt and interact with that world and those characters, as opposed to creating your own unique character and adventure. I think that the story, world and characters in the Witcher games are just much better than in Dragon Age, although this is obviously a matter of taste. They're still not up there with the quality of the books.

I love Dragon Age too, though, and I'm psyched about both games.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

witcher 3. it's the witchest.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher if I had, HAD, to chose. I really quite keen to play both of them and this poll is unfair making me choose.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think there is room for both

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lolest comparison ever.

SongWriter1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher 3, like there was ever a question. lol.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither. The Witcher never really grabbed me and Bioware haven't produced anything worth playing since Mass Effect 1.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher Fucking 3

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a one sided thing to post, especially on Giant Bomb. I am more excited for Witcher 3 but make no mistake I will be playing plenty of DA:I.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is a question? Like an actual one? Really? Obviously the Witcher. As cool as the original Dragon Age was, the Witcher has done it way better in every aspect.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've invested a fuck ton of god damn hours into the Witcher games and 3 looks like it's gunna blow the tits off 1 and 2.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

NOOOOOOO question, The Witcher III.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't matter to me ,since I'm going to play both.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witchah

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not even into The Witcher series and that trailer made me want to play Witcher 3! It looked pretty great.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By smcn

All the hate around Dragon Age II and (especially) Mass Effect 3 has caused me to double-down on my BioWare fanboyism in the past few years. Inquisition all the way.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fredchuckdave

1 game was really incredible 1 game sucked ass; this is not very hard.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#49  Edited By MetalBaofu

I go with Dragon Age. I like the series a lot and have more invested into it than I do the Witcher since I never played Witcher 1 and only played 2 on the 360. Plus, Dragon Age is closer.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Both. I like Witcher 2 more than I liked Origins but I will be playing both of these games and I think enjoying them. Happy with what they showed.