Who saw the Unarchived Marathon?

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

I was unable to watch it due do to work and was wondering if someone recorded it like someone did for the 2010 unarchived special.

Also what was your favorite part of the stream?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AcidBrandon18

@Chaser324: Thank you for the link. :D

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

@AcidBrandon18: Just remember, unless it is subscribers only, you can always watch it on their twitch channel.

Though I think some really old streams might be broken.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By GeneralBison

Awesome! I was unable to watch it because it was 4am here =_=

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

*raises hand*

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By NathanStack

I went off to get dinner at one point and when I came back Ryan looked like someone had just died in the office and Jeff looked afraid to speak. Was that the run of busted games I read about on Twitter?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By AndrewB

I feel asleep.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

I saw some of it. It was a great idea, but ultimately Jeff and Ryan just looked very bored and/or annoyed by the end of it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#10  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@AndrewB said:

I feel asleep.

Same here, caught about 2 hours of it before falling asleep. I wish I could keep reasonable sleep hours like I did 10 years ago, playing System Shock 2 co-op nonstop for 30 hours and stuff like that.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#11  Edited By Little_Socrates

I watched about an hour, it seemed like the kind of thing that would be good for bed time! It wasn't out-and-out dull like you might conspire it to be from these comments, but it's not exactly the rip-roaring excitement of the everydude SNES livestream. It's Jeff and Ryan sitting on a couch for four hours and slowly starting to forget that they're on livestream.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By xymox

Jup, same. It was shortly after they pulled out Secret of Mana, because around that time it felt like they didn't even get into the gameplay of games for a bit and just left it at "yup, this one works" unless it was that same baseball game which for some reason managed to get sold as a separate product 15 times by different companies.

Don't get me wrong, it's a completely understandable scenario since they don't know Japanese (kind of part of the charm), but it was in the middle of the night for me and it wasn't exactly making it any easier to stay up. I figured eh, I'll just watch the rest on twitch.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By crusader8463

Maybe it was just me but the guys seemed out of it and that sitting there was the last place ether of them wanted to be. The last half of the show really dragged on.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RazielCuts

@crusader8463: *puts game in, title starts up learning its a JRPG, throws game out* to your response.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By happenstance

Its a lot better when they're specifically picking which games they want to play and playing them for longer than 10 seconds but the stream was at least interesting watching what game would come up next.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeforgotten
@crusader8463 said:

Maybe it was just me but the guys seemed out of it and that sitting there was the last place ether of them wanted to be. The last half of the show really dragged on.

They did kinda seem like they didn't wanna be there, at least midway through it. 
In the beginning they were fine. 

But then it probably dawned on them that "Man, we could do something fun instead of sitting here entertaining other people who should probably be out having fun too. Oh well, let's put in another game that doesn't work and have people rage at us for just skipping games that neither we nor they understand because none of us knows a single word of Japanese" 

You know, all the fun that comes with trying to entertain people who just sits down and and does fuck-all aside from demanding it be done differently :P 

Last part not directed at you, Mr crusaderguydude.  
Mostly the people complaining for no reason
morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morningstar

I watched Blackpool - Wolverhampton instead.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Canteu

It was pretty boring. Didn't watch all of it.

Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mayu_Zane

I only saw a little bit of Killzone 2.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#20  Edited By Dimsey

I caught some of it and enjoyed what I saw, but figured I'd enjoy sleep a little bit more.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Vexxan

I think it was a decent stream overall. Some fun moments from time to time but I totally understand that the guys don't want to fire up some long-ass RPG and play 5 minutes of it live because it would make no sense.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Vonocourt

Saw some of it around the time of Secret of Mana and the string of text-heavy games, stopped watching at Kirby's Dream Course. It was time to put some tree ornaments up.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Hizang

I thought it was kind of boring, mostly cause hardly any games worked and when they did it was a RPG or a Pachinko game.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By buft

I watched it from 8pm here in the UK until about 9:30 or so when i was rudely interrupted by phone calls i had to take, however my plan is to catch up on twitch. was a great stream and it made me want to subscribe, just so i can get more content like this which is usually reserved for the giantbomb elite. then i remembered im still a broke ass guy... no luck :(

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uhtaree

I wasn't a great stream unless simply seeing Jeff and Ryan's faces split-screened with 8-bit games makes you chuckle.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BlackLagoon

It was ok, but I'd rather Jeff have pulled the trigger on plan B, and given us Commodore 64 and Amiga games...

heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By heghmohqib

Don't suppose anyone has a recording on anything other than twitch. My work proxy blocks twitch.

Pilgrimm1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pilgrimm1981

Compared to their other end of the year live streams, this was shit. I'm not one to complain, but they just don't seem that much into it anymore. Those other streams were so good, not to mention the snes party from last year, which again was so much better than the snes stream earlier this year (though it was still very good)

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By falling_fast

it was merely okay for the most part *shrugs*.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Phatmac

It would have been better if the whole bomb staff was there. Imagine if Vinny was there when they were checking out the DBZ games.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PhilipDuck

Yeah lmao Ryan looked sick of his life by the end!

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By flasaltine

It was just a stream of Ryan realizing how much money he wasted.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By kraznor

I tuned in for a bit here and there. Highlights were Gundam and Popeye. Definitely a low-energy affair but with the chat going, was okay. Now...may not be worth the long sit.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquamarin said:

I wasn't a great stream unless simply seeing Jeff and Ryan's faces split-screened with 8-bit games makes you chuckle.

You know what? It totally does.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Mister_V

Not sure if this is just me, But if I set the twitch recording to 480p it plays too fast and they both sound like 14 year old kids. It's pretty funny.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Clonedzero

i saw parts of it, it was boring so i didnt watch much of it.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#37  Edited By mcmax3000

Twitch hates my internet connection for some reason, and any video on that site plays like shit (constant stuttering), so unless they do decide to archive it on the site, I can't watch it.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BoatDrinks

I'm about an hour in to the archive, I'm finding it entertaining. I always like Jeff/Ryan content though.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By Dreamfall31

Watched the Twitch archive after work and thought it was decent. I mean it ended up exactly like it could have with 200 random Japanese games. The SNES and 3DO streams were great because they all knew what games they were playing and could play them at length because they were good ones. What bothered me most was the Ryan obviously didn't want to give anything a chance that took more than a 30 seconds to get into playing, he just seemed to make his need to check if the games worked as an excuse for some content on the site. The video had it's moments, but the nature of 200 random games in a different language was never going to go well with Ryan's impatience. Jeff doing something like this would be great because he'd want to try each game to find out what they were for curiosity and historical reasons.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#40  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@Pilgrimm1981 said:

Compared to their other end of the year live streams, this was shit. I'm not one to complain, but they just don't seem that much into it anymore. Those other streams were so good, not to mention the snes party from last year, which again was so much better than the snes stream earlier this year (though it was still very good)

@FoxMulder said:

Watched the Twitch archive after work and thought it was decent. I mean it ended up exactly like it could have with 200 random Japanese games. The SNES and 3DO streams were great because they all knew what games they were playing and could play them at length because they were good ones. What bothered me most was the Ryan obviously didn't want to give anything a chance that took more than a 30 seconds to get into playing, he just seemed to make his need to check if the games worked as an excuse for some content on the site. The video had it's moments, but the nature of 200 random games in a different language was never going to go well with Ryan's impatience. Jeff doing something like this would be great because he'd want to try each game to find out what they were for curiosity and historical reasons.

I think FoxMulder's post described pretty well why they weren't all that into it, more than being old and jaded it was probably that they - as expected - had gotten exactly the kind of games that you'd find in the bargain bins in an game store - broken/untested cartridges or a lot of sports games and stuff that doesn't hold up, or maybe never was good, with the very rare gem inbetween.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#41  Edited By ArbitraryWater

On a meta level, it was kind of entertaining watching Jeff and Ryan's levels of enthusiasm slowly peter out as they realized that most of the games were either RPGs, busted, or sports. On an actual level, it was a drag because they were just going through piles of RPGs, busted games, and sports games, usually in 2 minute intervals.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deathstriker666

I thought the Gundam game looked cool, but I couldn't watch more than a half-hour of the stream. Unless you like watching two dudes switch between a bunch of shit games every minute, you're better off not watching it.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By fattony12000