• 81 results
Jevonsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jevonsp

As I lurk on the forums more and more I have seen so much freaking Patrick hate. I like patrick. I don't get it! Why does it seem that everyone hates him?! He writes great editorials that you just don't find on other sights, he is pretty damn funny, and I like his insight. What do you guys hate about him? seriously wondering :(

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JasonR86

Why all the 'why...' threads recently? Why does it seems like everyone wants everyone else to think like they do so that they can feel validated in having the beliefs they have? AGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Jevonsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jevonsp

I don't care if people hate patrick I just want to know... like... why. lol. It's not about validation.

DS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DS23

He confuses and frightens the GB commune because he's skinny and they're used to big dudes on their videos and podcasts? I 'unno.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Jeust

Everyone has their detractors.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Why all the why responses to the why threads asking why all the hate for patrick? Also:

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JasonR86

@BestUsernameEver said:

Why all the why responses to the why threads asking why all the hate for patrick?

Why the why question regarding why all the why responses to the why threads asking why all the hate for patrick?

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Giantstalker

@DS23 said:

He confuses and frightens the GB commune because he's skinny and they're used to big dudes on their videos and podcasts? I 'unno.

Hello Patrick's alt.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@JasonR86 said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

Why all the why responses to the why threads asking why all the hate for patrick?

Why the why question regarding why all the why responses to the why threads asking why all the hate for patrick?

Because 42.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Do people hate him? I don't like Ryan's opinions on some games (usually retro) and is probably my least favourite staffer but I don't hate the guy. If ever i saw him in a bar I'd buy him a beer. I think you might be taking some of these forum comments where people disagree with Patrick as hating on him.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JasonR86

@BestUsernameEver said:

@JasonR86 said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

Because 42.

DS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DS23

@Giantstalker: lol, no. I weigh more than 100 lbs and am on the east coast for starters..

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheHumanDove

Whats the meaning of life?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JasonR86

@TheHumanDove said:

Whats the meaning of life?

WHY do you ask?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Hunter5024

Probably because he's the newest? In a lot of ways we get way more Patrick than anybody else because he's always posting the news stories, nearly always on the podcast, he was in the most recent endurance run, and he's in a ton of quick looks, and maybe they miss hearing more out of the other guys like it used to be. I'm not a Patrick Detractor though sometimes he talks too much I guess, and I'd like to hear what the other people have to say. But he's cool. I'm glad they hired him.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TruthTellah

@Jevonsp: They're just jealous.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By FengShuiGod

@TruthTellah said:

Y

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By landon

Patrick is awesome, I don't get the hate.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmilingPig

Don’t worry, there is a ‘brad suck at quicklooks’ thread, a ‘Ryan is a jerk’ thread, a ‘Alex is too sarcastic’ thread, a ‘Jeff died inside a long time ago so he should not review games’ thread and a ‘Vinny is to nice’ thread.

Drew is unanimously loved though.

Dave is its own weird thing.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheHumanDove

@SmilingPig said:

Don’t worry, there is a ‘brad suck at quicklooks’ thread, a ‘Ryan is a jerk’ thread, a ‘Alex is too sarcastic’ thread, a ‘Jeff died inside a long time ago so he should not review games’ thread and a ‘Vinny is to nice’ thread.

Dont speak too soon. Drew is an assumed NK spy now

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ajamafalous

I think if you've seen the threads/posts then you've seen their reasoning, so why even make this thread?

Vigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vigil

@SmilingPig said:

Dave is kinda like the force, hes an energy field created by all living things, he surrounds us, he penetrates us, he binds the galaxy together......the penetration part may be a tad unsettling.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

It needed to be said.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24  Edited By Castiel

Do bees be? Do Bears bear?

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Grimace

I don't think anyone actually hates Patrick. Some people are annoyed by his presence because they are scared of change.

I tend to like the whole staff. There are swathes of self-important games press members who deserve your ire long before anyone at Giant Bomb.

Recall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Recall

@Jevonsp said:

As I lurk on the forums more and more I have seen so much freaking Patrick hate. I like patrick. I don't get it! Why does it seem that everyone hates him?! He writes great editorials that you just don't find on other sights, he is pretty damn funny, and I like his insight. What do you guys hate about him? seriously wondering :(

Watch more content and listen to more podcasts and you will realise he talks too much. and cuts off peoplie like Jeff all the time, which is bullshit as Jeff brings the humour.

Jevonsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jevonsp

XD @SmilingPig said:

‘Vinny is to nice’

LOL, vinny is so great all they can think of is that he is too nice XD

I guess the responses here make sense. Too much patrick might be the issue. I don't see enough vinny I guess anymore.

GiantBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GiantBomber

I've never seen any Patrick hate (maybe in his first 3 months) but the guy is a pro.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Daveyo520

You really should not be able to make a new thread as your first post.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By buzz_clik

As I've said elsewhere: If you've got a problem with [site personality X], maybe [site personality X] isn't the problem so much as the site isn't all about your shit as much as you thought it was. Because the rest of the dudes you don't have a problem with seem to like [site personality X] just fine.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By penguindust

It's a backlash from over exposure I suspect. When he arrived, he was celebrated, but recently he's been everywhere. Too much of a good thing and all that. Additionally, you could say he's the target du jour. Before him, there was an element that constantly criticized Brad and before that time, Ryan. Vinny's really the only regular who's escaped the ire of the forum grumblers.

My only complaint is that sometimes when he's on mike, he sounds like he's trying too hard. That's not enough to keep me from listening to the podcast or watching Quick Looks, though. And, his news reporting is still top-notch.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Because whenever anyone is critical of Patrick in any fashion there are people who freak out about it.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#33  Edited By Danteveli

I dont post hate topics or some stuff about him. I personally don't like his style during quick looks. Granted he does a lot of great stuff but sometimes his remarks just make me say F You.

Also on the boards there is alotta hate on everything and some dudes trying to scam you with dota and counter strike. This is life.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidSwords

New members showing how worthless they are. Keep it up!

Shrimpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shrimpy

Patrick always feels like he's trying too hard to me, whether it's his articles or making jokes. I don't hate him, he just annoys me. I also wish he wasn't in so many quick looks, it seems like every week there's one with him in it.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Doctorchimp

@buzz_clik said:

As I've said elsewhere: If you've got a problem with [site personality X], maybe [site personality X] isn't the problem so much as the site isn't all about your shit as much as you thought it was. Because the rest of the dudes you don't have a problem with seem to like [site personality X] just fine.

Why can't you teach me maths?

I'm tired of failing Calc II

F33L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By F33L

i think he talks too much

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38  Edited By Yanngc33

I've never really noticed any Patrick hate. I like him

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By Alexandru

I had no problem with him until he started appearing on every goddamn quick look.

Tokoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tokoname

I don't enjoy his verbal contributions (Bombcasts, quick looks, etc.). I certainly don't hate the guy; that would be dumb. At the end of the day, if the GB dudes didn't want him there, he wouldn't still be there, so there's not much point in making a fuss either way.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@TruthTellah said:

I feel like he should be in Game of Thrones with this pic, scowling handing out unfair judgement on the peons. Such extravagance.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By freakin9

I think it doesn't matter what it is people are going to get bored of the personalities. It's both funny the people that make a big deal about "woe is me, why don't I like this one guy" and the people that act like it's insane not to like someone on the website. The reality really is, this is the group, love them or hate them. It's a shame really the dynamic you get from their podcast isn't ever present in everything else they do. It almost makes the case for them producing less content, not more.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By ThePickle

I feel like I see more reactions to Patrick hate than actual Patrick hate.

bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bio595

Over exposure for sure. He does seem like he's trying too hard, the others are more natural in their delivery.

His jokes aren't particularly funny (maybe its a generational thing).

Also, he was awful at playing chrono trigger (shudder).

I'm not sure what to think of him as a reporter, because most of what he posts is purely short and informative, so I can't form an opinion. With his longer articles, they seem inconsequential or just not what I'm into, so they're off putting to me. I like Alex's articles because they are full of personality, I find it difficult to identify what Patricks personality is when he writes articles.

Also he seems like kinda a hipster, mind you I am suspicious of all people who are into weird indie stuff (though not weird Drew/Dave stuff, I'm not sure why) because I think that they may just be poseurs. I am almost convinced that he isn't a hipster and just into indie stuff.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BonOrbitz

Patrick's not a dick so I like the guy and feel that he's a good member of the Giant Bomb crew.

The real question is why are there so many assholes on the internet?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#46  Edited By Dagbiker

I do not hate him. Yes, I have my peves about him. But I have peves about most the cast. But I do not hate them.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I dislike his attitude and video persona, his writing is great, but since everytime I see him somewhere he's that one guy who snags all the attention and ends up talking for 30 minutes yet tells nothing and that detracts from his writing too, for me.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By Elazul

I think he has a somewhat irritating voice (especially his laugh), has the tendency to ramble a bit too long and is kind of oddly inarticulate for someone who writes for a living, but I sure as hell don't "hate" him. I've pretty much gotten over that stuff at this point and find him perfectly entertaining most of the time, even if he doesn't mesh with the cast quite as well as, say, Drew did.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cookiemonster

Why do people post in these threads. Why.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By AngelN7

The Aristocrats.