Why does giantbomb post their reviews so late?

• 59 results
JWawin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By JWawin

At this point I'm assuming Brad hasn't posted the ME2 review because he's still attempting to get some Asari action, and I wouldn't blame him mmmm!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Jimbo

Personally, I don't find them that time sensitive anyway.  It's rare that I read any reviews genuinely looking for advice on whether I should buy the game or not.

JWawin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By JWawin
@PenguinDust said:
" Giant Bomb is about quality, not quantity.  This is a small, tight run unit of seasoned professionals who work hard to keep us all entertained and informed.  They've been doing videos, writing news articles and other stuff we haven't even seen yet.  They do all this and have to make time to play games for review.  Oh, and then there is that little nagging thing about having an outside life.  They get to it and when they do, it is good.  There are plenty of other sites with larger staffs that will give you more timely reviews if that is what you're looking for.  Me, I can wait for something I will truly value when making game purchases. "
I understand that but I guess what I'm saying is that if they were able to get reviews out earlier it would keep some people from running to other sites. I know there have been some game purchases where even YOU couldn't wait, be honest! 
Avatar image for harvey_the_pooka
harvey_the_pooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By harvey_the_pooka

This is kinda off-topic but what I´ve been wondering about is how they finance themselves. I mean there is no advertising here... 

But as far as their reviews go, it´s always worth the wait. I was excited when I heard that Jeff is still doing reviews etc. now for a new site

Avatar image for deactivated-58b79d22eb7ed
deactivated-58b79d22eb7ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sometimes they have to go out of their way to buy the game such as Tony Hawk Ride when they publishers don't send them a review copy.

JWawin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JWawin
@harvey_the_pooka said:
" This is kinda off-topic but what I´ve been wondering about is how they finance themselves. I mean there is no advertising here...  But as far as their reviews go, it´s always worth the wait. I was excited when I heard that Jeff is still doing reviews etc. now for a new site "
Yeah I've always been curious how much sites make off of ads. Giantbomb is pretty new and it's not plastered with ads like other sites so I wonder how well they do? It's great that Jeff still does reviews, he is easily one of the best video game reviewers ever. 
JWawin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JWawin
@tysonwritesel said:
" Sometimes they have to go out of their way to buy the game such as Tony Hawk Ride when they publishers don't send them a review copy. "
Having to purchase a game like Tony Hawk Ride is a scary thought, that game looks terrible. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@JWawin said:

" @harvey_the_pooka said:

" This is kinda off-topic but what I´ve been wondering about is how they finance themselves. I mean there is no advertising here...  But as far as their reviews go, it´s always worth the wait. I was excited when I heard that Jeff is still doing reviews etc. now for a new site "

Yeah I've always been curious how much sites make off of ads. Giantbomb is pretty new and it's not plastered with ads like other sites so I wonder how well they do? It's great that Jeff still does reviews, he is easily one of the best video game reviewers ever.  "
"The money he says will come from advertising bought by companies related to the topics covered. But he also wants to use technology to keep this side of the company very small. He’s not counting on users to sell ads as well as moderate content. But he does want to develop technology to let advertisers manage their own campaigns, rather than working through a staff he pays." 

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/28/shelby-bonnie-takes-another-swig-of-online-media/#more-1333
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By the8bitNacho

There are 3 reviewers.  End of story.