Why doesn't Jeff's stuff break?

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By insanejedi

I was watching some old gamespot videos and... why does Jeff's stuff never break? His NES doesn't require anything to make games run, his PS1 still works perfectly and he didin't have to flip it over, and I don't think he ever had a PS2 or even 360 breakdown.

Whats up jeff?

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Probably takes care of it.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz
Bellum said:
"Probably takes care of it."
I imagine this is the reason aswell. Stop abusing technology and treat it with some care and it tends to work wonders for you, start abusing it like some housewife who didn't cook dinner on time and it tends to break.

I remember when the N64 cartridges wouldn't work people would slam them into the console to try and get them to work, this just breaks them even more. Much like the 360 where people still persist in rough handling the console once its had a brief RRoD and then bitch its completely died on them, well what do you expect when you abuse the damn thing.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

The only console I ever had a problem with was my 8-bit Nintendo, and that's it.  I give it slack, though, because it was at the beginning of home console technology...so it's not like anyone really knew what the hell they were doing in making a machine that will last for umpteen jillion years.

Then again...if you look at the 360...maybe we still haven't learned.

I just want to point out that my Sega products have NEVER stopped working out of all my consoles.  = D
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By chililili
jakob187 said:
"The only console I ever had a problem with was my 8-bit Nintendo, and that's it.  I give it slack, though, because it was at the beginning of home console technology...so it's not like anyone really knew what the hell they were doing in making a machine that will last for umpteen jillion years.
Then again...if you look at the 360...maybe we still haven't learned.

I just want to point out that my Sega products have NEVER stopped working out of all my consoles.  = D
"
My Nintendo works as well as it did over 10 eyars ago, of course there's a lot of cartridge blowing and sort of doubting wehter or not it will work(the console has far outlived its expectations of course)
Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Bass

Im sort of thesame way, I guess. The only console that has ever died on me was a Gamecube that I bought used (which I assume had something to do with the breaking >.>). Even my NES works fine. SNES and N64 still get semi-frequent use even.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Gunner

Never had a console die on me. PCs though.. thats a different story.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He is God. And not that Allah god who had Little Big Planet delayed!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By mike

Eh...I take very good care of my stuff and my electronics in particular and I'm now on my fourth Xbox 360.  There's a little bit more to it than just "taking care of your stuff."

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

It's because Gerstmann's shit runs on the same stuff Gerstmann himself runs on.

Pure Afghani horse. All day long.

jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By jangofett88

My 360 disc tray doesn't open vertically but that's it. My PS2 of 7 years still works fine.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By jeff
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"It's because Gerstmann's shit runs on the same stuff Gerstmann himself runs on.

Pure Afghani horse. All day long."

My equipment is laaaaiiiiid back.

My gear is, too.

And also my video game hardware.

Personally, I chalk it up to my soft, almost womanly hands. And occasional dusting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MB said:
"Eh...I take very good care of my stuff and my electronics in particular and I'm now on my fourth Xbox 360.  There's a little bit more to it than just "taking care of your stuff.""

Are you giving it room to breath? It's not like in the old days. These things get fucking hot.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By mike

Yeah, you would be shocked to see the lengths I go through.  My 360 and PS3 are both sitting next to one another on a rack with nothing else above or below them.  I have an 8" clip-on fan circulating air around behind them since the LCD TV puts out quite a bit of heat when it's on for awhile.  (I don't have any pictures, but I have a stand that has an integral flat panel mount on it..two shelves, and then the TV is far above the shelves)  They are in a room that is almost always air-conditioned when a console is on.  My consoles are almost never moved, and certainly not moved while they're on.  On top of all of that, I have them fed through a high end home-theater grade power conditioner and UPS system.

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Johnny5

My super Nintendo is still going strong! I haven't been careful with it either, its dumped around somewhere.

Now my 64 has broken though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the SNES is a sturdy hunk of plastic.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Shawn
"it works on science"
albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By albedos_shadow
Bellum said:
"Yeah, the SNES is a sturdy hunk of plastic."
I'm pretty sure it's actually indestructible.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Emilio
MB said:
"Yeah, you would be shocked to see the lengths I go through.  My 360 and PS3 are both sitting next to one another on a rack with nothing else above or below them.  I have an 8" clip-on fan circulating air around behind them since the LCD TV puts out quite a bit of heat when it's on for awhile.  (I don't have any pictures, but I have a stand that has an integral flat panel mount on it..two shelves, and then the TV is far above the shelves)  They are in a room that is almost always air-conditioned when a console is on.  My consoles are almost never moved, and certainly not moved while they're on.  On top of all of that, I have them fed through a high end home-theater grade power conditioner and UPS system."
Snap...

I have my xbox on an old cardboard RRoD box with little LEGO legs under the Xbox so the machine doesn't get too hot down there.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Demyx

I've never had a console break on me yet either, and my brother has a 360 that has ever had the rings yet. the PS1, PS2, and an N64 all work fine.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Jeff is the man , and a man lives like a hero  :D

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By xruntime

Well, I've never had a PC part break on me, in all my life, the only problems I've encountered are software ones.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By RenegadeSaint

My SNES works great, but I did have to replace the 72 pin connector on my NES to keep it in good working order.  My Gameboy Pocket continues to work chug along, but my Genesis and PS1 are on their last legs.  I blame Final Fantasy 7 and 8 for killing my PS1 with hundreds of hours played on them.  Oh how I miss being a middle school kid with nothing better to do.

Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hughes

My 360 of nearly 2 years still works perfectly.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By CharleyTony

better yet why doesnt anyone talk about older ps2 failure rates... they were quite high

as for jeff having no hardware problems.... Im sure he takes care of those as if his life depended on them ... We game in our leisure time, for him its part of his job. And of course his womanly hads like he said earlier...

My 360 is almost 2 years old and aside from some ejecting problems it works fine...

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DoctorTran
Jeff said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"It's because Gerstmann's shit runs on the same stuff Gerstmann himself runs on.

Pure Afghani horse. All day long."

My equipment is laaaaiiiiid back.

My gear is, too.

And also my video game hardware.

Personally, I chalk it up to my soft, almost womanly hands. And occasional dusting.
"
But do you give it the Gravy?
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

It's a conspiracy. Jeff's stuff break all the time, but he just buys new stuff and bury the old so nobody will ever know, just so he can get world domination.

Don't believe his lies!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By lordofultima

My 360 died once, my PS2 stopped reading DVD's, My PS1 never had a chance to die (as it was stolen from me three times), but the NES was the most faulty piece of equipment I've ever had. We must have replaced it a good six or seven times (we being more my Mom, as I was like four years old) before we got the almighty top-loader, and never had a problem again --- until someone stole it, that is...yeah.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Linkyshinks

All my retro consoles still work in perfectly fine order and they look brand new, I take really good care of my consoles and always have since I got my first. I take pleasure in keeping them minty new. Even the consoles I own that are prone to yellowing like the PC Engine, Dreamcast and SNES still look new because I keep them out of the light and away from dust.  I actually rub some with total sun block from time to time, seriously lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bellum said:
"Probably takes care of it."
Probably has 5
webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By webby

I have a NES, SNES, Genesis (well MegaDrive actually), N64, PS1, Dreamcast, 2 GBC's, GBASP, DS, PSP, N-Gage, 2 Gamecube's, 2 Xbox's, PS2, Wii, 360 and a PS3. The only thing thats ever broke for me is N-Gage which had a software problem was fixed within a week by Nokia and my 360 had 3 red lights once, thats it everything still works perfectly.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I never had problems with my 360 or my nes..ect had problems with ps1 and ps2 though.
Blowing in your nes doesn't work just makes it worse which is why i took my nes apart and use a nail file to get any rust or dirt off the contacts and used a cleaning kit to clean my carts.