Wiki Submissions?

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Kyreo

How long does it take to get Wiki Edit Submissions to be reviewed?  and about how many submissions does it take to get 1000 wiki points?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

Wiki submission approval times vary - I think the longest I had to wait for an approval was around a day.  As for getting 1000 points, it all depends on how much you contribute.  If you just add a couple of sentences here and there, then you won't get that many points.  Add an entire section of material, then you are granted more points.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kyreo
@Andorski: Have you ever had a submissions rejected?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Generally we try to handle all submissions within 24 hours, but it doesn't always work out like that. We're experiencing some bugs with the wiki queue at the moment, which means we are unable to deal with some submissions (which in turn is slowing down our whole process). Top men are working on the issue, and we hope to have everything running smoothly soon.

As for how many submissions it takes to reach 1000 points, it depends on how much you add. If you write a very very large article, it's theoretically possible to gain 1000 points in one submission. But submitting page associations & small text edits, it's going to take a lot of edits before you reach 1000 points.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Andorski

Nope.  Unless you are flat out copy and pasting information from one site to Giant Bomb's wiki, I would imagine it being very hard to get a wiki submission rejected.

Just don't use that leniency to add messy wiki submissions (example: adding a list of every article of clothing you can buy in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas).  Even if something like that gets accepted, someone will eventually go and clean it up.  The Giant Bomb community wants to make this site the center of video game information.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kyreo
@MattyFTM: How strict are you guys on Submissions?  If I make a few spelling corrections will you guys reject it or will it get zero points or what?
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Fallen189
@Kyreo said:
" @MattyFTM: How strict are you guys on Submissions?  If I make a few spelling corrections will you guys reject it or will it get zero points or what? "
It'll go through. As long as it's not just stupid nonsense being added, you're fine. 1000 points is easy, just do something you know a lot about.Persona 4 was a big one for me :P
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Kyreo said:
" @MattyFTM: How strict are you guys on Submissions?  If I make a few spelling corrections will you guys reject it or will it get zero points or what? "
Spelling corrections are welcome. We are striving to have a well written & detailed encyclopaedia and accurate spelling and grammar are an important part of that. Unfortunately, they don't yield many many points. Points are automatically assigned, and the system detects the number of words added to the page. And since spelling edits usually add very few words (if any at all), you'll usually only get one point for each of your spelling submissions.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Hamz
@Kyreo: I suggest reading through the Site Rules & FAQs topic for some answers to wiki related question you might have.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kyreo
@Hamz: Danke fur die Hilfe.