would you go against sony microsoft and nintendo

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zajtalan

if you could create your own system and all the third party companies backed you up, would you go against them and try to make a better console? bored

Neon941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Neon941

If EVERY third party company backed me? Hell yeah, I'd win easilly, Microsoft would have barely any games, Sony wouldn't do much better, the main competition would be from Nintendo.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By demontium
@Neon941: Yeah, MS would not have ANY games on their system and PS3 would have almost nothing. 

Wii would be your only competitor, but with every 3rd party you have already won.
Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zajtalan

no i mean like they just agree to port their games

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Neon941 said:
" If EVERY third party company backed me? Hell yeah, I'd win easilly, Microsoft would have barely any games, Sony wouldn't do much better, the main competition would be from Nintendo. "
Wii... Really... Because the huge line up of triple A games it has are drowning the market.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Zajtalan said:
" if you could create your own system and all the third party companies backed you up, would you go against them and try to make a better console? bored "
hahahahah whats with "bored" ? that made me laugh man :P
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Ineedaname
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Neon941 said:
" If EVERY third party company backed me? Hell yeah, I'd win easilly, Microsoft would have barely any games, Sony wouldn't do much better, the main competition would be from Nintendo. "
Wii... Really... Because the huge line up of triple A games it has are drowning the market. "
No they meant in terms of first party games, quality aside they still have alot of first party games.

Thats a good question in general, how long till we see a new console from a new company that actually says afloat.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

If I had the billions of pounds/dollars required to do such a thing, sure, it'd probably be fun.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Karmum

If I had the money to do so. Considering both Sony and Microsoft are multi-billion dollar companies.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By zeforgotten

If I had the money for it? 
Nah, I would rather spend them on things for myself.. And probably give some to charity.. WAHAHA no, I would totally keep it all to myself. 
Needy bastards

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By penguindust

If I had that kind of spare cash, I'd rather go around the world in a balloon...that's what the insanely rich do, right?  Either that or start my own spaceship company.  I don't think the market can handle another console as they are presented today.  Apple is building a handheld market, but if they went forth with a home system like any of the big three currently on sale, then they would be relegated to 4th place even with strong 3rd party support.  This "OnLive" thing has promise if it actually works.  It will be a long time before we see that, though and by then the 3 major console makers may have switched to a download only model anyway.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By alexl86

No. I wouldn't. I would much rather open a game development studio and make games myself.

Microsoft do own and publish a lot of games. Developers like Turn 10(Forza), Rare(Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie) and Lionhead(Fable) are owned by Microsoft and parts of Microsoft Game Studios. Saying they wouldn't have games without third parties is simply wrong. They are at the very least on par with Sony.

Sony also own and publish games, though they've always been known for playing nice with third parties, at least compared to Nintendo. While they too own studios like Naughty Dog(Uncharted) and Guerrilla(Killzone), they also make exclusivity deals with developers, much in the same fashion as MS.

Coincidentally, the only games I own on my Wii are first party games. I don't own many, but the good third party games on Wii are few and far between. Nintendo does however have what is probably the best development house in the world. Porting Wii games to a console that's also supposed to play 360 and PS3 games seems like a really bad idea.

Even if you should get ports of 360 and PS3 games, you need exclusives too, or there would be no reason to actually buy your console. Without a strong line-up of exclusives, you don't stand a chance in the market. Also, you need at least some knowledge of what goes into a console and design.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By brukaoru

Just to port their games over? I don't think the system will be very popular if it released at this point. All the games would probably be owned already, so it would be useless. Unless you have developers who are making highly-anticipated exclusive games jump on board to your system to produce the game there instead, which is highly unlikely, there's little chance of success. So, no I wouldn't.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iam3green

yes, if i had some first part support. it would also look great to.