• 124 results
#101 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Not really no....I would rather work in the music industry.

#102 Posted by Fudge91 (199 posts) -

Nope, i just like playing games.
#103 Posted by Jolt92 (1543 posts) -

Nope, not anymore all the talk about how shitty their work conditions are have put me off.

#104 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

Oh hell yes. That's why I'm studying to be a games programmer right now. It's tough work but it'll be worth it if it gets me where I want to be.

#105 Edited by Majestic_XII (95 posts) -

Man, you guys makes me really depressed about the games industry, and I work in it! I must be an overworked, poor, uncreative smock :(

#106 Posted by Xolare (1274 posts) -
@Emilio said:
@Xolare:  That is so depressing.
Working in the game industry isn't about expensive hookers and cuban cigars.
#107 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2462 posts) -

Certainly not as a lowly coder, but translation or PR could be interesting.

#108 Posted by DocHaus (1317 posts) -

I've thought of the gaming industry as a "Plan B" for me, though I have been studying a little more computer programming. Perhaps those who want to work in the industry but are afraid of the slave-labor conditions of the bigger studios should start their own little indie studios or projects. Maybe we could come together and design some sorta game. But of course then there's the money you get for making most indie games (a.k.a. "I hope you have a day job"). 

#109 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -

Yes. But I wouldn't because the hours and the pay is poor.

#110 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -
@Xolare said:

That was brilliant.
#111 Edited by JEC03 (898 posts) -

No,although I do enjoy mapping sometimes but turning a hobby into a full time job at least for me It would probaly make me start to  hate it espically with bad experiences it could turn out like that Rockstar and Team Bondi Debacle.

#112 Posted by PK_Koopa (583 posts) -

I was deciding on whether to do game design, or video game journalism. I'm choosing the latter right now, since I prefer writing. I was considering maybe trying to find out something for a writing job in the video game industry, but I hear they're rare to find and I'm not sure where I would start.

#113 Posted by fresh2deafbill (805 posts) -

It's always been my dream to work as a game journalist

#114 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

No interest at all. I only care about playing games.

#115 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

No, I don't see any job in the industry being anything other than shitty. 

#116 Posted by Rekt_Hed (847 posts) -

@CookieMonster said:

@Xolare said:
That was brilliant.

oohhhh lord this made me laugh :)

#117 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Only if I could write storyboards and lead the overall project. The rest is cannon-fodder stuff.
#118 Posted by Trebz (487 posts) -

Well, I'd like to work in a small, independent team, although I don't want to actually work for a major developer. It doesn't sound like much of a dream job to me.

#119 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

im not sure...  i wouldnt to be honest.  i would love it if i worked in the music industry but i guess to much of a good thing is a bad thing?

#120 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

I work in design (not games) and the answer is:  NO.  No chance in hell.  For the younger forumites here, be careful if you choose to go down this path.  It is hard, it is thankless, it usually does not pay particularly well, it is stressful.  There are much easier ways to scrape together a happy living than this. 

#121 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Claude: I would like to work in your beard.
#122 Posted by BlackjackCF (20 posts) -

Yes, although more for writing for and about videogames.

#123 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

No, would have probably answered differently 10 years ago

#124 Posted by Robot_Sneakers (418 posts) -

Not especially but maybe. I mean working with cool people would make all the difference but specifically doing it  just 'cus video games, eh  I like it as a hobby but maybe not a lifestyle/job.