Xbox Live rant

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Edited By Kazona

Yep this is going to be an outright rant. Feel free to ignore it if you want.

I cancelled my credit card because I always have trouble with spending far too much money. So to avoid that temptation, I got rid of my credit card and instead decided to start using prepaid cards for xbox live. Well I bought my first prepaid card last week, and despite several attempts I couldn't get it accepted. So today I finally tried it on the 360 itself to see if maybe it would work that way. And once again I get an error, but this time I get told that it won't get accepted because I need to provide them with a valid payment option first. Since when is a prepaid card not a valid option? I have to actually own a credit card now to be able to use prepaid cards? Talk about getting fucked over as a customer.

I am seriously peeved with Xbox Live right now. I'll try calling them tomorrow and see if I can get them to help me out. If they can't, then I'll be canceling my membership because I refuse to abide by such messed up business practices. I bought a prepaid card, and that is what I want to use. I don't want to use a credit card so I don't want to be forced to put in my information either. And the fact that MS is doing this is really striking a bad cord with me.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Kazona

Yep this is going to be an outright rant. Feel free to ignore it if you want.

I cancelled my credit card because I always have trouble with spending far too much money. So to avoid that temptation, I got rid of my credit card and instead decided to start using prepaid cards for xbox live. Well I bought my first prepaid card last week, and despite several attempts I couldn't get it accepted. So today I finally tried it on the 360 itself to see if maybe it would work that way. And once again I get an error, but this time I get told that it won't get accepted because I need to provide them with a valid payment option first. Since when is a prepaid card not a valid option? I have to actually own a credit card now to be able to use prepaid cards? Talk about getting fucked over as a customer.

I am seriously peeved with Xbox Live right now. I'll try calling them tomorrow and see if I can get them to help me out. If they can't, then I'll be canceling my membership because I refuse to abide by such messed up business practices. I bought a prepaid card, and that is what I want to use. I don't want to use a credit card so I don't want to be forced to put in my information either. And the fact that MS is doing this is really striking a bad cord with me.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jNerd

You screwed something up or they forgot to activate @ the register. Only 2 possibilities bruh.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

it's the card.  prepaid cars work fine alone

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Have you tried entering it on Xbox.com instead of on the 360 itself?

Wraith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Wraith

live is a ripoff

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kazona

Well I just figured out why it's not working. Basically it's because they tried charging my credit card after I cancelled it, so obviously the payment didn't go through. So unless I provide them with a valid credit card that they can charge the 6.99 on that I owe them, I can't switch to prepaid. This blows is all that comes to mind.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo
Wraith said:
"live is a ripoff"
PSN is dull.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Kazona said:
"Well I just figured out why it's not working. Basically it's because they tried charging my credit card after I cancelled it, so obviously the payment didn't go through. So unless I provide them with a valid credit card that they can charge the 6.99 on that I owe them, I can't switch to prepaid. This blows is all that comes to mind.
"

...or you can call them....
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kazona

I tried calling them, but they told me that the only way to pay the 6.99 is by putting in a new credit card. And since I don't have one, I'm screwed.