Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rowr

Iji

Iji
Iji

Iji is an action-packed strategic platform shooter with a detailed story, large levels with multiple paths, powerful bosses and lots of secrets.
There are alternate gameplay events, dialogues and scenes depending on what you do, a wealth of extras and bonus features, and seven stats to upgrade
through a leveling system. Iji herself has superhuman strength and abilities, and can crack Nanotechnology, use her enemies' most devastating weapons
against them, and be a pacifist or a killer which changes her mood and the fate of those around her.

Website Link

Giantbomb Wiki Link

Download Link

By now you guys know how this works.

Discussion of various elements of the story and design is encouraged, as is demonstration of skill and speed runs. Enjoy.

Suggestions for future Let's Play's are as always encouraged and considered.

Let's Play!
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Looks cool, I'll check it out when I get home from university.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By atejas

Already have this game, it's awesome.

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By WallacetheGreat

That looks pretty damn sweet. I'll check this out.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kush

Looks pretty cool, but I'll have to check it out later tonight after my classes. And wow! This game has more voice actors than Oblivion! :P

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Jecrell

I'm at about sector 5 right now and this game is just quite simply badass.

BionicIguana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By BionicIguana

Sounds interesting, will check it out tomorrow

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rowr
Jecrell's Blog

Jecrell
said:
"There's a lot of backstory that helps support the game, based on the first five levels I've played more and more information, monsters, music, and shooting fun pop up at me making this appear to be so far a very fun game to play. The initial story is surprisingly well done. Despite the obvious anti-immersive science fiction and overall simplistic art design, human emotion factors in quite well and caught me mostly off-guard when I was expecting a very simplistic shooter.

The gameplay is mostly a platforming shooter. You can upgrade weapons by acquiring nanomachines by defeating enemies. Enemies that you can understand because of your nanomachines, and a conflict exists between your character's morals and the fact that she has to kill to survive, which creates an interesting dynamic, yet has no real effect on gameplay, which is very much a blow everything to hell approach. Once enough nanomachines are collected the player levels up and can upgrade various stats at various stat stations. If the player upgrades an alien weapon stat three times they can hold newer weapons of alien types, but that creates a conflict because there are so may other things the player could choose to upgrade which makes for some strategy.

I'm looking forward to beating this game, and you should try it out. ."

I really like the levelling up mechanic, I agree the upgrading of various skills keeps it interesting and addictive as hell. The ability to level up in different aspects really opens up the game to be played in many different ways, whether you just want to rush through, or fuse weapons and focus on hacking enemies etc and take a stealthier approach. I like how it never really forces you either way.

The story seems a little bit cliche to me so far, and there are a few weird gaps where things are just assumed as "the way things are". Though i agree the morality thing is interesting, im looking forward to seeing if that develops a bit more. When i killed an enemy early on i noticed Iji say "im sorry", that really caught me by surprise.
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Thrawn1

has anyone beaten this yet? how was it? how long was it?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By OmegaPirate

Downloading now

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Absurd

I shall download it...Haven't participated in Lets Play for a long time (Its a shame because I made the banner :P )

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Absurd

Bumpee Bump, This game is pretty cool, although Its storyline is sort of Cheezy

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zebadee

Downloading now, I love the trailer music.