Vito's Game Giveaway #7! Unused Copy of Mass Effect 2 (X360 PAL)!

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

Art by Turbo_Toaster 
Art by Turbo_Toaster 

Welcome to a very special edition of Vito's Game Giveaway! First, congrats to Daveyo520 for winning Assassin's Creed! Second, the reason this giveaway in particular is extra special is because I've received my first donation! The best part? It's from one of our previous winners, zoskia, who you may remember as the winner of Dead Space! 

zoskia has sent me an unused Xbox 360 PAL copy of Mass Effect 2. Note that the copy is not sealed, but it has indeed never been played. This isn't like those unUSED panties you used to be able to find on eBay—this is the real deal! Oh, and this copy even comes with a valid Cerberus Network code, which gets you a bunch of free downloadable content! Wooooooooooo! OK, let's go over some details. The case is in a bunch of funny languages that my ignorant American brain does not know the origin of, but the instruction book and game are in English. As long as you have a PAL 360, you're good to go! The game comes on two discs for those of you that don't know.

Mass Effect 2 is the only game available for this contest. On to the generic stuff (which you should still totally read)! 

Donations
If you have games you are no longer interested in that are in good condition (as in, they work), then PM me with what game(s) you would like to donate and I will give you the mailing address you can ship them to. You will be responsible for all shipping costs.  You won't get anything for it, but I will list your name (with a link to your profile) by the game you donate in all future contests that they are available.  

Please read this before entering -  

There is no way for me to really verify who enters, but I'd appreciate it if you only enter if you're actually able to play these games and have interest in them! If something happens to the game during shipping and it doesn't work for some reason, then... oh well! I'm paying for everything, and all you'll have to deal with is minor disappointment. I won't compensate you for that! 

I will be doing one of these every week until I run out of games. More games will be added as I beat and lose interest in them or as I receive donations! 

Xbox 360
Mass Effect 2 (PAL) - Donated by zoskia

How To Play
You have to do both of these or you won't be eligible. While it isn't a requirement, you guys should totally thank zoskia on his wall, as well.

1. Come up with the coolest name for a space nightclub you can think of. (Any posts stating "Afterlife" will not be counted.) 
2. Tell me why you haven't played Mass Effect 2 yet, or, if you have played Mass Effect 2, why you are entering.

Deadline
You have until SaturdayMarch 5th at whatever time I am awake and decide to end it. I will make a warning post one hour before I close the contest and select the winner.

------- 
Previous Winners
JohnAsscream - Alan Wake (X360)
kestrel10mn - Assassin's Creed II (X360) 
zoskia -  Dead Space (PS3) 
nintendoeats -  Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360) 
DarthOniXVIII - Left 4 Dead  (X360) 
Daveyo520 - Assassin's Creed (X360)
 -------         

Follow the Twitter and Facebook pages for updates on contests!
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art by Turbo_Toaster 
Art by Turbo_Toaster 

Welcome to a very special edition of Vito's Game Giveaway! First, congrats to Daveyo520 for winning Assassin's Creed! Second, the reason this giveaway in particular is extra special is because I've received my first donation! The best part? It's from one of our previous winners, zoskia, who you may remember as the winner of Dead Space! 

zoskia has sent me an unused Xbox 360 PAL copy of Mass Effect 2. Note that the copy is not sealed, but it has indeed never been played. This isn't like those unUSED panties you used to be able to find on eBay—this is the real deal! Oh, and this copy even comes with a valid Cerberus Network code, which gets you a bunch of free downloadable content! Wooooooooooo! OK, let's go over some details. The case is in a bunch of funny languages that my ignorant American brain does not know the origin of, but the instruction book and game are in English. As long as you have a PAL 360, you're good to go! The game comes on two discs for those of you that don't know.

Mass Effect 2 is the only game available for this contest. On to the generic stuff (which you should still totally read)! 

Donations
If you have games you are no longer interested in that are in good condition (as in, they work), then PM me with what game(s) you would like to donate and I will give you the mailing address you can ship them to. You will be responsible for all shipping costs.  You won't get anything for it, but I will list your name (with a link to your profile) by the game you donate in all future contests that they are available.  

Please read this before entering -  

There is no way for me to really verify who enters, but I'd appreciate it if you only enter if you're actually able to play these games and have interest in them! If something happens to the game during shipping and it doesn't work for some reason, then... oh well! I'm paying for everything, and all you'll have to deal with is minor disappointment. I won't compensate you for that! 

I will be doing one of these every week until I run out of games. More games will be added as I beat and lose interest in them or as I receive donations! 

Xbox 360
Mass Effect 2 (PAL) - Donated by zoskia

How To Play
You have to do both of these or you won't be eligible. While it isn't a requirement, you guys should totally thank zoskia on his wall, as well.

1. Come up with the coolest name for a space nightclub you can think of. (Any posts stating "Afterlife" will not be counted.) 
2. Tell me why you haven't played Mass Effect 2 yet, or, if you have played Mass Effect 2, why you are entering.

Deadline
You have until SaturdayMarch 5th at whatever time I am awake and decide to end it. I will make a warning post one hour before I close the contest and select the winner.

------- 
Previous Winners
JohnAsscream - Alan Wake (X360)
kestrel10mn - Assassin's Creed II (X360) 
zoskia -  Dead Space (PS3) 
nintendoeats -  Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360) 
DarthOniXVIII - Left 4 Dead  (X360) 
Daveyo520 - Assassin's Creed (X360)
 -------         

Follow the Twitter and Facebook pages for updates on contests!
Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Wish I could've donated my copy of ME2, since I don't need to play it anymore. Good luck to participants, this game is fucking amazing.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoyfullOFrockets said:
"Good luck to participants, this game is fucking amazing. "
Indeed it is! It was my Game of the Year for 2010! 

Oh, and for those of you that actually care, the case is in Danish, Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian (or so I'm told!).
Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Space bar?  I'd have to go with something simple- Atmosphere.

I haven't played Mass Effect 2 because by the time I'd learned enough about it to realize that it would probably be something I'd really enjoy there was DLC all over, and since I buy most games used, I wouldn't be able to get the Cerberus network stuff.  Still, I've thought about buying it on multiple occasions and never make the commitment, usually end up buying something else instead.  Still, I'm a huge Bioware fan, and I loved the Demo of ME2.  It'd be great to get it here, but one way or another I'll probably end up playing it someday.

Edit: Wait, PAL version!  Damnation!  Ah well, that's another one of your contests I'm ineligible for.  This is becoming a thing.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By perilator666

Good luck everyone!  

This is Shepards favorite thread on the Citadel.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Lack of compensation for minor disappointment is why I wake up naked in a puddle of ice cream and brownie crumbs  almost every sunday. 

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Have not played because my first 360 broke and I recently got a new one. 

As for name----Utopia! 

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By DeeGee

It boggles me why somebody would post an old game to you so that you can then post it to someone else. I mean, I'd just do the giveaway myself if I had unused games that I was willing to ship to someone else. But hey, weirder things have happened =P

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Daveyo520

Thank you so much!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince

1. Dark Strokes ( Imagine the original Street Fighter IV trailer with everyone leaving ink streaks. Now imagine a dark night club, with Asari dancing under colored lights, and every motioning leavving dark strokes in the air.)
2. I've played it, but I would enjoy owning the European version as well. I sort of have a collection of Mass Effect things going and this would help.

Thanks for the consideration.

Avatar image for deactivated-643fcf03a370c
deactivated-643fcf03a370c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Let's see a nightclub name...    how about "Salacious Destiny".   

The reason that I haven't played Mass Effect 2 (or even the first one for that matter), is that there are so many games I already own that I haven't finished yet (Uncharted 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, etc).

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PeasantAbuse

If only it was region free... 

Good luck everyone!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman

Dawww, another game that I have. Once again though, awesome job with these contests.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#14  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Nightclub? Uhh.. "Mosh Effect"?

I think I just disqualified myself, but ME2 is a great game that I happened to rent for its first playthrough, DLC-free. So I'd like to see the DLC stuff I missed and maybe work on a second character for the sequel's inevitable alternate decision universes. Hopefully I'll take all the right dialogue trees to unlock Conrad Verner as an ultra-powerful secret team member for part 3. This series has to have the old "Golden Pantaloons" trick somewhere.

Thanks to Vito/zoskia for keeping these going/donating! (Not a blatant attempt to curry favor, serious)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By ZombiePie

Remember everyone this is what Vito means by PAL only:

Check Your Local Listings!
 Check Your Local Listings!
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZombiePie: WEIRD. That is pretty useful, though. Thanks!
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By ZombiePie
@Vito_Raliffe: People seem to forget that the United States and Japan have the same color television encoding system. Region codes are a whole different monster that some people mistake for encoding systems.
Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

Nightclub: 

The Geno Phaser 

Regardless. I played ME2 when it came out, fucked up my nice little mass effect world. had it stolen from me before i could make a new save with a liveable world

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Synthballs

Nightclub: Set Your Phasers to Drunk.

But for a reason, I live in Australia. Have you seen the price of games?! For Mass Effect 2 you're still going to pay over 80 bucks for a copy, which is pretty shitty for a country whose dollar is on par with the US. Also, I just got a new born daughter and money is tight.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Synthballs

Nightclub: Set Your Phasers to Drunk 

I live in Australia, for me to buy this game, it will cost me upwards of eighty bucks, which is really fucked because that out dollar is on par with the American dollar. I just had a kid so money is really tight at the moment. 

EDIT: Fuck this connection straight to motherfucking hell. DIdn't know the first one went through. Sorry guyz.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By perilator666
@Synthballs said:
" Also, I just got a new born daughter "
grats!
FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FateOfNever

If only this wasn't a PAL version of the game.  :(  good luck to everyone entering though.

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RoyCampbell

1. The Shooting Star. 
2. I'd love to play Mass Effect 2 and I played the demo a ton of times, but I has no money. My birthday IS on Saturday, though!

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Synthballs
@zoskia thanks man. For both donating the game and the grats
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RoyCampbell: Happy Birthday! 

Just so everyone knows, this will be ending later tonight. I will make a post one hour before it closes.
RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RoyCampbell
@Vito_Raliffe:  Thank you! :D
Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Synthballs
@Vito_Raliffe
@RoyCampbell: Happy Birthday! 

Just so everyone knows, this will be ending later tonight. I will make a post one hour before it closes.
Damn time differences. It's 6am Sunday here now. feeding my daughter wanting to find out the answer.
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One hour! 

Edit: OK! The winner has been PMed.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These contests are being moved to Monday - Saturday now. The new thread will be made tomorrow. Sundays are not a good time for me to be posting on Giant Bomb!