So, GTA: Online seems to be completely broken.

DjDonFrancisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Game seems to be working fine for me now on 360. Feel free to add me. GT: Djdonfrancisco

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It was working fine some hours ago. Managed to link up with some friends and had one of the greatest times ever.

Got a police chopper to crash into one of those windmills at the wind farm, while in a white hummer that had three doors missing and had been rolled about 20 times. Then we spent about an hour riding the train across the map, trying to get police to chase us, shooting helicopters and cop cars.

We only ever did two actual missions, and those were BASE jumps at the end.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So i guess my starts are correct.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

@capum15: Yeah, playing with friends seems a must. Found it rather lackluster soloing the Online mode so far. Shame my mates have little wish to play GTA Online.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15: Yeah, playing with friends seems a must. Found it rather lackluster soloing the Online mode so far. Shame my mates have little wish to play GTA Online.

I've found that random people tend to either ignore me completely or try to kill me, which has me soloing stuff unless a friend is on. I've never managed to work with a random yet, and the very first time I unlocked my car so someone could get in, the guy stole it and ran me over. It's far better (and way more fun) to play with a group of friends, in my experience.

I want to see if the GB crew ever plans to try and get some kind of event together, as I'm sure that would be great.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506  Edited By thatdutchguy

Oh... it's working alright ! :D

GIantbombPS3 represent !

No Caption Provided

Wait.. that dude ain't holding a gun :S

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507  Edited By Sanious

It irritates me that I have to go through a tutorial online when I just want to play with my brother. It infuriates me that I cant even begin the first mission in a solo session.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Huzzah! A whole day has gone by without my character vanishing! Though now I can't play the fucking thing >_> I can go into solo mode, but whenever I try to get into an actual online world, it keeps timing out saying it can't find any.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I didn't pay too much attention to whatever issues the online has up to know. Basically i went it thinking this probably won't load or anything because of server issues. But man this is so much worst than that. That online mode just isn't done. I mean i worked in QA for years and this feels like playing a game still a year away from release. As if they're just starting to put it together but it's still actively on fire. They really shouldn't have released this. This is not even close to being the typical "server overloaded that will be sorted out soon".

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

I didn't pay too much attention to whatever issues the online has up to know. Basically i went it thinking this probably won't load or anything because of server issues. But man this is so much worst than that. That online mode just isn't done. I mean i worked in QA for years and this feels like playing a game still a year away from release. As if they're just starting to put it together but it's still actively on fire. They really shouldn't have released this. This is not even close to being the typical "server overloaded that will be sorted out soon".

Once I got past the day 1 issues, I have had no problems at all and have played for like 14 hours total. Nothing about the game seems unfinished. I am not sure about some of the design decisions, but nothing about it seems broken or unpolished.

WiredFolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

Two patches and nearly a week (3 weeks if you count the delayed online launch) and I've had no better experience with GTAO.

I've never connected to a public session. The introduction race in solo keeps freezing and it never saves the online characters I create once I quit the game. Maybe if I'm really good and ask nicely I can play it on Christmas, because at this rate I'm thinking I shouldn't even bother trying for another couple months.

Which is a shame because by then I'll most likely have no more interest in GTA5 since other games I plan on getting will be out no doubt sooner than it takes Rockstar to iron these problems out.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512  Edited By KirkyX

I just want them to fix the death penalty thing. I lost around forty grand today, just fighting with friends and playing a few missions.

Rockstar had said that yesterday's patch would address it... But I guess the patch needs a patch. I was really close to being able to afford a half-decent flat for a bit there.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#513  Edited By Yummylee

Nope, I still can't even play anymore. My character is at least there, and I even created a second character just to see if it was related to my original, but after the opening race with Lamar, that still resulted in an endless loading screen.

TwinkleTwinkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was able to play for a good amount of time this morning, but I just tried now and I couldn't even get in.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515  Edited By thatdutchguy

Goddamn it's broken again.....

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still broken? Gosh darn!

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can get online but I can't play with anybody else or accept jobs. I guess I'll go finish my stunt jumps in single-player.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

GTA Online is like a reverse Tubthumping:

I get pulled up/

But I get knocked down again/

You're never gonna keep me up

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twinkletwinkle: Yeah, same here. My character data loads at least, but I can't join or host a session, it just times out.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520  Edited By Sanious

@ll_exile_ll: Well it is unpolished considering you cant even join online, they had to patch it which didnt fix that. The first tutorial mode freezes and knocks you out of the activity then knocks you offline. It also froze on me on 2 occassions and I had to make a character 3 times.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So I keep starting missions and they instantly fail. What the hell? 360 version.

CapnThrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was working pretty great earlier today, but seems like its crapping out now. (360)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Well, seems I can't get on tonight. UGH. Was wanting to kill my night playing this but I guess that isn't happening.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They still can't handle the load. I was about to do a full 6 player mission to go rob merryweather security for lester and I got disconnected when the mission was launching.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#525  Edited By Sooty

I managed to play for a bit. This game doesn't feel fluid enough to be much fun online. And then the servers died.

This is basically GTA IV and RDR all over again. They had the exact same issues for me.

edit: I am not talking about the framerate, just the shooting controls are still not that good, stupid lock-on system.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526  Edited By Skyrider
No Caption Provided

I'm hesitant to try again tonight since my character data doesn't seem to be loading completely. Here's a picture of the strangeness for your amusement. As you can see, a whole bunch of "doesn't add up" happening here. Not pictured would be the fact that my characters skills are still intact.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I can't deal with the long loading screens after most missions and jobs, it's a serious killjoy. "Did you enjoy that five minute match? Now you can stare at this loading screen for five minutes before we tell you that we're sending you back to single player mode because our servers are fucked. From there you can try to rejoin and enjoy another static loading screen."

Shelving it until next week I suppose, constantly trying to get it to work at this point will just make a poor impression stick and have me avoid playing it altogether.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#528  Edited By dagas

Constantly getting timed out. When I finally managed to play my clothes had not saved so went to buy them again only to get kicked out from the session by other players WTF!? then I am back to being timed out and cannot connect. I thought they had patched it so what is wrong? Playing on PS3 in EU.

The game is saying I am a bad sport for quitting. Like I am quitting on purpose!? For all the money they make on the GTA games they sure cannot handle online properly. And yet they waited after launch to make it work. So frustrating.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#529  Edited By MachoFantastico

How are people feeling about GTA Online?

I signed up for Gold to check it out, don't regret it but I'm already contemplating cancelling Gold this month. It as potential but compared to the single player, I'm finding it considerably less fun even with other players. A lot of the jobs feel a tad lackluster and when I spawn into the world I appear to be miles from other players.
Will give it a few more weeks, but my motivation to keep on playing is running short. To be fair multiplayer was always an added bonus. It's all about that great single player.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So i am now missing 12 grand. I did one of those import/export car things and put the money in my account. Started a mission with someone and the game crashed and now the money is gone. WTF

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Had a good time farming and fucking around with some GB dudes this morning. I now have enough money to buy basically anything I want. Im enjoying it but I really wish the heist stuff was already in. Seeing the wall in my apartment that is clearly the one where you plan stuff on is a tease.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are people feeling about GTA Online?

I signed up for Gold to check it out, don't regret it but I'm already contemplating cancelling Gold this month. It as potential but compared to the single player, I'm finding it considerably less fun even with other players. A lot of the jobs feel a tad lackluster and when I spawn into the world I appear to be miles from other players.

Will give it a few more weeks, but my motivation to keep on playing is running short. To be fair multiplayer was always an added bonus. It's all about that great single player.

Wait, why would you even try to find other players in the free roam? Have you ever heard of simply jumping into a random race?

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game lets me play online during the morning, but in the afternoon it keeps giving me the timed out message, and my progress isn't saving either. It's almost like they didn't test to see if any of it worked before flicking the switch.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534  Edited By GreggD

@sooty said:

I managed to play for a bit. This game doesn't feel fluid enough to be much fun online. And then the servers died.

This is basically GTA IV and RDR all over again. They had the exact same issues for me.

edit: I am not talking about the framerate, just the shooting controls are still not that good, stupid lock-on system.

That's why you use free-aim.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

So i am now missing 12 grand. I did one of those import/export car things and put the money in my account. Started a mission with someone and the game crashed and now the money is gone. WTF

Yeah I lost about 10000 for no reason at all. It really puts a downer on the whole experience.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@greggd: free-aim is especially poor in online as you seem to be made out of wet tissue paper and I get regularly one shot to death by AI hoods

BRNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA Online: Very ironically named.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope my character isn't deleted again... i was level 18 this time, but i get the character creator when i try to go online, goddamnit.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540  Edited By Seppli

Yo. Seem to have lost my lvl 25 or 26 character, and I guess his luxury condo too. Any word if that's just temporary, because if it isn't... well fuck that noise!

GTA Online gets so much better with higher level. More interesting activities and missions to play, rewarding much higher payouts, and so much more comfortable due to the amenities of owning a luxury condo.

Jeez! What a bummer.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope my character isn't deleted again... i was level 18 this time, but i get the character creator when i try to go online, goddamnit.

Seems to be quite widespread then, I lost my character too this afternoon, might just be the server being down. Hopefully it'll be restored soon,

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: The cloud servers must be down right today. I haven't seen any statements released, but I've seen so many comments about missing characters today that it must be the case.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543  Edited By musubi

@thatdutchguy: @seppli: @skyrider: Check Social Club if the website is still showing your guys stats for your online character chances are they are still saved.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: I'm seeing nothing but the money I had in the bank. The stuff on the social club has been so inconsistent for me that it makes me think that character data is split up across servers or something.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyrider: Yikes. Well not a good sign then. Seems a lot of people lost characters this go around. I've tried to be patient and reasonable about this but now its starting to venture into "Fuck This" territory

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546  Edited By Skyrider

@demoskinos: Yeah, it's getting a tad stupid at this point. It doesn't even give me the alert about rockstar cloud servers being unavailable, or being unable to load character data like it did prior to the patch.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#547  Edited By thatdutchguy

@skyrider said:

@demoskinos: I'm seeing nothing but the money I had in the bank. The stuff on the social club has been so inconsistent for me that it makes me think that character data is split up across servers or something.

Same here.. i think it's temporary, i hope.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatdutchguy: @seppli: @skyrider: Check Social Club if the website is still showing your guys stats for your online character chances are they are still saved.

My stuff is gone there too. I think it's just one of their servers that's temporarily down for maintenance. At least that's what I hope.

CosmoKramer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, my character seems to be gone. Not only him, but another one I had made during my troubleshooting attempts back when I couldn't even get past the tutorial race. The fact that both disappeared at the same time makes me think (hope?) that they weren't deleted but that I just can't access them - so temporary server unavailability issue. As far as social club stuff goes, it shows an empty thumbnail for a level 0 character, but it does still show my racing stats and money stats. For a moment, I could see my bank account still displaying the right amount of money, but a bit later it was gone.

Anyway, lots of doubts and confusing information. What I do observe is that quite a bunch of people lost their characters in the last two or three hours, it seems more widespread than the earlier deletion problems. But what the fuck do I know, I'll just wait it out and give it a week before launching a nuke on Rockstar HQ.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@demoskinos said:

My stuff is gone there too. I think it's just one of their servers that's temporarily down for maintenance. At least that's what I hope.

I'm getting the servers are down message, so yeah, thats probably it