So, GTA: Online seems to be completely broken.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I still can't start the tutorial race with Lamar. Oh well I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Shit's still broke i guess? I'll continue to make my own fun in single player i suppose. I haven't even tried to login to the multiplayer once. I'll give it a go once it seems to be working for most people.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any European based players been able to get through? Curious as the three people I know who've gotten past tutorials are American based so I was wondering if Rockstar are fixing server issues region based.

Really?! I was just playing with a bunch of French people. That sucks.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

Finally got passed the Lemar race, but it's as bad after. It's a total mess with online. Four cars spawned ontop of each other.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By redyoshi

Pretty bummed that I was able to get through and play a few hours yesterday, only to have it delete my character and have me start from scratch. The farthest I can get now is after the blue circle, a bunch of other players pop up beside me even though I always pick to start in a solo session. I don't think I would even mind this all so much if only the intro movie was skippable.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in and playing with other folks. Can see the appeal but hope it don't break.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not working for me. I've deleted the title update, created a new character and tried all the tricks and still nothing.

I think I'll stop trying. Waiting ages at the launching session screen is starting to make me not want play the single player which is a shame cause it's awesome. I think it just irritates me.

Not sure how other folks are getting in. Are things broken past the tutorial stuff? Does matchmaking take forever?

Past the tutorial the game works brilliantly for me, matchmaking is fast, quests work as they're supposed to. Real fun.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

How do I meet up with duders in-game? I'm sick of playing with random weirdos.

xDirtyK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409  Edited By xDirtyK

I got trough. Just keep trying and you will too. Thx

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you part of the GB crew? If so, hit the option to join other crew members.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't tell if this is a glitch or something actually working as intended, but I was never charged for my garage when I bought it (The cheapest one, $25K). I did see a little tip thingy that said if you join the rockstar social club you get a free garage in gta online, but I kind of just assumed that they'd give it to you, rather than simply not charge you for it when you tried to buy one. Hopefully it's not some kind of glitch that obliterates my character since if it tries to charge me after the fact, I'd have negative money.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:

@lackingsaint said:

Thanks, i'll give it a shot. Just so sick of being in the middle of stuff and having some random dude shoot me in the head.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By thatdutchguy

I give up, still doesn't work almost 3 days since launch... i'll try again this weekend or something, my character got deleted for the third time. (PS3)

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now the game locks up every time I ATTEMPT to log in to the Online, not just occasionally when I do get in.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415  Edited By Krullban

It's working pretty well for me now.

No Caption Provided

Got luchadeer on my jacket!

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Still not working for me. I've deleted the title update, created a new character and tried all the tricks and still nothing.

I think I'll stop trying. Waiting ages at the launching session screen is starting to make me not want play the single player which is a shame cause it's awesome. I think it just irritates me.

Not sure how other folks are getting in. Are things broken past the tutorial stuff? Does matchmaking take forever?

I'm on PS3 and got past the tutorial stuff, and it's basically completely unbroken once you get past the race. It's also fucking awesome. Ended up hosting a party full of Giant Bomb guys and randoms.

Everybody's also talking about how people just see you and kill you, but I actually had a good experience with random-ass dudes. The second I got into GTAO I heard two guys talking and asked if I could roll around with them, and we did and robbed every store on the map together before sharing the money,. Everybody has been pretty friendly in my experience, I've only been capped randomly once.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By MachoFantastico

So it's still working okay, a lot of the 16 players have left for some reason. Trying death match matchmaking which is finding players. On 360 btw.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

It's working pretty well for me now.

No Caption Provided

Got luchadeer on my jacket!

No Caption Provided

"How far will you go to get into GTA Online?"

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:

@lackingsaint said:

Thanks, i'll give it a shot. Just so sick of being in the middle of stuff and having some random dude shoot me in the head.

Yeah and if you decide to host a job/mission always click on invite crew members. It always pairs me up with some great duders.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By MachoFantastico

Actually surprised by how well matchmaking is working considering the hell it took to get into GTA Online.

Going to try the crew tips. Thanks.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha! My 360 just locked up when trying to join a server with GB crew on. That's the power of the Giant Bomb community right there!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Currently stuck at yet another long ass load time to get into the online. Thanks, Obama.

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By 5Figh

This thread has more views than the thread about Ryan passing away

Beaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By Beaker

It finally started working!

I cleared the system cache right after booting up the console, started the game, pressed A to load into the multiplayer and it went straight into the race.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

More like Grand Theft Awful Online, right guys?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Maybe GTA Online being broken is just satire of modern video game launches.

That would be pretty funny, if the whole gta online thing was actually a joke.

And they have hyped it up loads as part of this comedy. Only to let people down haha

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#428  Edited By Yummylee

Played for about 10 hours today, tried to join the GB crew but got a notice saying the servers were down. After turning the PS3 off for a bit, I go back on to find my character gone... as well as my cash, which is supposed to persist across all characters, even if they're deleted.

...Fuck.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I think it's because the Rockstar "cloud" is currently down, if it comes back up everything will still be there. I hope.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By thatdutchguy

@coafi said:

@yummylee: I think it's because the Rockstar "cloud" is currently down, if it comes back up everything will still be there. I hope.

Nope.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

I can't play this game because every character I make gets corrupted. It's hard enough trying to get into the shitty tutorial, let alone doing it multiple times only to have my character deleted. Cloud saves are working out great!

thefriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433  Edited By thefriend

Forever stuck at a blurry screen of the city, while a random radio station plays in the background.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

You all should really just quit trying to play for now. Rockstar already said that there is a patch next week. I'm not touching it till then I'd rather my character not be deleted even if I managed to somehow get past the tutorial race.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@nodima said:

Also, to PS3 members, is there a good cheap mic I could pick up at a Best Buy or Radioshack or something, or is the only real option truly that Sony joint?

The PS3 works with most Bluetooth and USB headsets, so you should be good with a cheap one from Best Buy.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#436  Edited By Humanity

I was playing it pretty flawlessly tonight. To the bombers that joined my game: sorry for not responding but I was in a party with a friend - although congrats on that last second rally win!

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'm still stuck on the ever repeating car quest.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I managed to play online for continuously for 2 hours without problems. How you ask? I have no fucking clue honestly. Now that I turned it off though I'm afraid that my character will be deleted next time I turn it on

Dooops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#439  Edited By Dooops

Found this

Loading Video...

Trying it right now to see if this helps.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Done. So, all I have left is online. Hope it gets fixed soon or I'll just move on to something else.

No Caption Provided
strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first time through the intro sequence all I could hear was in-game chat drowning everything out.

This is so well designed, you guys.

Nilhelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason when I started up today, instead of earning money for doing missions and whatnot, it just withdrew the amount from my bank account and put it in my pocket.

When I started today i had 80k and even after 4 matches of survival where we won once, i was still at a total sum of 80k. I quit, restarted and put all my money in my bank before doing a quick mission, didn't buy any ammo or body and once the mission were over I had 2k on me (That was the reward for that mission) and 78k in the bank....

I gave it another shot, but this time I took all my money out of the bank, started a survival and again I didn't buy anything, took a close look at my money before start and total sum was 80k. We fail at wave 5 or something and the reward for that was 4k, now I go back to free roam to see if my balance have increased, but no, instead i have a total of 76k, i lost money....

Have anyone else have this happen?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

what's the intended player counter per server?

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Done. So, all I have left is online. Hope it gets fixed soon or I'll just move on to something else.

No Caption Provided

jealous. Did you have to get all the collectibles (notes, waste, sub parts, etc...)?

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445  Edited By Vanick

Just got a 39 mb patch on the PS3 version. The 360 version is due soon.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@vanick: How is it since you got the patch? I am also playing on ps3

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By Yummylee

I really hope the patch will contain a fix related to why my characters keep getting deleted; actually getting into GTA Online isn't the problem for me. Though I suppose that's more server side and not necessarily related to the core game itself...

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: People have said that though the character will be gone Your levels and money should remain. Hopefully.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449  Edited By Yummylee

@jimmyfenix: That's the weird thing, because when my first major character (by which I mean the first character that I could play the damn thing with) got deleted, my cash was kept over for when I made my next one. Though when my last character was inevitably deleted, it took all of my cash with it as well. So... it must be a complete mad house over at Rockstar HQ. I can sympathise with how taxing in trying to run this thing must be, but it doesn't lessen the frustration of me wasting 10 hours on my previous character with nothing to show for it.

I'm now just so damn anxious about heading back in there and starting fresh (again), because who's to say that I won't lose that one after a day or two... I guess this patch is giving me a little bit of reassurance at least, but still.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Still broke for me. Sigh.