15 year old kills step mom over internet bill.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hockeymask27
 http://allaboutthegames.co.uk/feature_story.php?headline=Gaming-addict-kills-mother-then-plays-Counter-Strike-News&article_id=10101

I know stories like this have been posted before. I'm also aware people might get sick of seeing these, but I believe its important we as gamers know what the masses believe games do. Now do not get me wrong, I'm sadden to see a life of a human being taken away over something so trivial. But just because someone plays violent video games and then snaps its the video games fault. The fact the kid was anti-socail and kept his emotions in buried have nothing to do with. No...

(sarcasm ahead) Its because he played counter-strike a new game that only 4 people have ever played. Its introduces new horrifying concepts of people killing eachother with this things called "guns" and thrusting these metal "knives" into their opponent. Lucky these are fictitious items not ever seen in other media or real life. This counter-strike game should be band because it makes 25% of people who play murders.

Obviously, that's not the case. I would just like to say that if enough people watch barney as play C-S or other  violent games, they would be a link to murders and barney .

My best wishes to the victims of this tragedy.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'd say that it's because it's the new medium around, but I don't think movies were still a media pariah by 1960. So next comes ignorance. Let's go with that.

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Nitrocore

Well you do get the odd nutter, personaly I would of just gone to the cyber cafe and left out the psychotic stabbing. Maybe he thought there were achivement points for stabbing her and thats why he carried on doing it, because they wern't showing up. Anyway stay in school kids, and remember you always run faster with a knife!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

Now we will have people starting debates on morning talkshows screaming "WE NEED TO GET RID OF THE INTERNET! Don't you see what it's doing, it's just like video games!"

Fluxxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fluxxed

I wonder if she got the point..

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SoothsayerGB

The government needs to take control of the internet and police it.  Allow people a certain amount of bandwidth.  Remove the postal service and create home terminals for easier internet control.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By sopranosfan

Now he won't get to play for quite a while.  Even best case scenario(for him) he goes to a mental hospital for a while and won't get to play for several years.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

Fucking nutty ass people.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By foggel

If some guy kills another person, it is never mentioned what he did after the crime unless he is playing some violent video game. 
For example if one would stab his mom, and then takes a walk in the local park, it is not mentioned in any news media. Even though it is equally relevant. 

Still, how he behaved while playing CS was strange.

KrazyKanuck488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KrazyKanuck488

all i have to say is: WOW. that is  ridiculous!!

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Geno

The guy was an extreme addict. An extreme addict of anything would kill to get their fix.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwho

Internet addiction is a real thing. It seems lame, compared to 'real' addictions, but clearly there are violent withdrawal symptoms. Its addiction.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By zeforgotten

What ever happened to just calling people who are crazy.. you know.. "crazy" instead of always saying it's because of games or movies. 
I never once in my life heard anyone back in the day blaming the game Pong for people murdering eachother. 
Back then they were just crazy.  

If someone murders someone, it's probably because the kid was fucked up in the first place. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho
@ZeForgotten said:
" What ever happened to just calling people who are crazy.. you know.. "crazy" instead of always saying it's because of games or movies. I never once in my life heard anyone back in the day blaming the game Pong for people murdering eachother. Back then they were just crazy.   If someone murders someone, it's probably because the kid was fucked up in the first place.  "
Whatever happened to women knowing their place? Its called progress. We classify things, we find out why people do what they do. That's how the modern world works. People aren't "just crazy" just like whales aren't just sea monsters.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By OmegaPirate

I think what does it the most for me is this lovely little advert at the bottom of the article advertising counter strike for sale 

No Caption Provided
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeforgotten
@ryanwho said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" What ever happened to just calling people who are crazy.. you know.. "crazy" instead of always saying it's because of games or movies. I never once in my life heard anyone back in the day blaming the game Pong for people murdering eachother. Back then they were just crazy.   If someone murders someone, it's probably because the kid was fucked up in the first place.  "
Whatever happened to women knowing their place? Its called progress. We classify things, we find out why people do what they do. That's how the modern world works. People aren't "just crazy" just like whales aren't just sea monsters. "
So you actually do think that games are the reason for someone killing someone else, just because a blog or newspaper writes it? 
You can sit there (or stand, I dunno :P) and actually tell me without thinking twice, that it is in fact the games that are the problem and not the person in question being fucked up? 
Some progress.. :/ One step forward, two steps back
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17  Edited By natetodamax

What a douche.

labam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By labam89

Lovely.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By beargirl1

what a noob 

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#20  Edited By ki11tank

kids just completely fucked in the head.  it's ridiculous how the media constantly reminds us he plays video games when the reality the kids just a psycho.

people that could be professional knitters and still kill others because their so messed up.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Bombs_Away

Like Chris Rock said, back in the day there were just the crazy kids. Nowadays though, people are all like what were they watching, playing, listening to? What the fuck was Hitler listening to!!??

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Fluxxed said:
" I wonder if she got the point.. "
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#23  Edited By wefwefasdf
@Nitrocore said:
" Well you do get the odd nutter, personaly I would of just gone to the cyber cafe and left out the psychotic stabbing. Maybe he thought there were achivement points for stabbing her and thats why he carried on doing it, because they wern't showing up. Anyway stay in school kids, and remember you always run faster with a knife! "
Boom headshot!
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Those Ca-Raaazy Romanians!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By FluxWaveZ

What are you all talking about?  Where in the article does it blame the video game for his behavior?

Downandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Downandout
@Bombs_Away said:
" Like Chris Rock said, back in the day there were just the crazy kids. Nowadays though, people are all like what were they watching, playing, listening to? What the fuck was Hitler listening to!!?? "
So true, why do we need something to blame really? can't we just call them nutters and be done with it?
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RetroIce4

Insane person is insane. Nothing to blame but that the dude was loco.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JakJ

I always wondered who's job it was to count the stabs...

One, two, THREE stabs, aha ha ha!

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ahriman22
@JakJ: The Coroner.

People wonder why psychos kill people when they don't even bother putting the nut cases away in a deep dark hole where they belong.
JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JakJ
@ahriman22: That's because the hole is already overflowing with non violent criminals *least in the US.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Commando

I blame Starbucks. Damn free internet... I mean that is where he went after the murder so it's only logical that Starbucks is to blame.

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ColinWright
@Fluxxed said:
" I wonder if she got the point.. "
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By agentboolen

Yep that is serious mental problem and since its mental problems he won't be found guilty for his actions and will just go to a looney bin.  Its sad that someone could adopt a kid like this and then be murdered by them.