A Christmas First...

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By Xandurson

...well, at least it's been a while since this has happened. I got no games. None. Zip. Nada. What is up with that?! But this story does have a happy ending in the gaming department so please continue reading. Here's what I did get for Christmas (not much but I'm happy):

• The Dark Knight DVD (I knew I would....I....love....this...movie)
    • 24: Season One Special Edition DVD Set (I'm a huge 24 fan)
    • Miami Hurricanes Clothes (my favorite college cause I was born in FL)
    • Detroit Lions Shirt (don't say it, cause they're my favorite team. Just don't say it)
    • Clothes (typical)
    • A computer chair (now this might sound unusual but due to the way my laptop and 360 are set up in my room, this chair is a necessity)
    • $25 GameStop gift card
    • 2 $25 gas cards
    • $25 Best Buy gift card

So as you can see it wasn't spectacular but I'm still happy. Now here's where the gaming part comes in. Yesterday (Dec. 26th) I traded in the following:
    • My PSP System
    • 512 MB Memory Stick
    • PSP Headset
    • MLB 08: The Show, PSP
    • Splinter Cell, GCN
    • 007: Everything or Nothing, GCN
    • Call of Duty: Finest Hour, GCN
    • Splinter Cell: Double Agent, GCN
    • Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
    • From Russia With Love, GCN

The total of that (due to about 5 deals that I was not aware of when I went in) was about $105 and I had a $25 gift card. I ended up buying 4 games and one of them was free cause they were all used for the 360: (yes I like bulletins)
    • Left 4 Dead
    • Oblivion
    • Fable 2
    • Rock Band

Left 4 Dead was used but the guy apparently traded it in about 30 minutes before I got in there and it looked brand new and it has an unused 48 Gold trial and Netflix trial code in it. And as for the Best Buy card, I'm selling one of the gas cards I got because it's to a Speedway and the closest one would waste too much gas to go to and putting the $25 with the Best Buy card and renewing my XBL that expires in February.

As for the games, I've only played Left 4 Dead so far and really enjoy it so if anyone wants to play online, my gamertag is Gamer Geek360 (mind the space in between Gamer and Geek) I might be playing with some friends but if there's a spot we need to fill, you're welcome to join.

And one more thing, my brother ended up getting two new sports games: NCAA Football 09 and NHL 09. So I have those too, now!! That's all, thanks for reading.

Until next time, oh no!! It's a tank!!!
    -GamerGeek360
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Xandurson

...well, at least it's been a while since this has happened. I got no games. None. Zip. Nada. What is up with that?! But this story does have a happy ending in the gaming department so please continue reading. Here's what I did get for Christmas (not much but I'm happy):

• The Dark Knight DVD (I knew I would....I....love....this...movie)
      • 24: Season One Special Edition DVD Set (I'm a huge 24 fan)
      • Miami Hurricanes Clothes (my favorite college cause I was born in FL)
      • Detroit Lions Shirt (don't say it, cause they're my favorite team. Just don't say it)
      • Clothes (typical)
      • A computer chair (now this might sound unusual but due to the way my laptop and 360 are set up in my room, this chair is a necessity)
      • $25 GameStop gift card
      • 2 $25 gas cards
      • $25 Best Buy gift card

So as you can see it wasn't spectacular but I'm still happy. Now here's where the gaming part comes in. Yesterday (Dec. 26th) I traded in the following:
      • My PSP System
      • 512 MB Memory Stick
      • PSP Headset
      • MLB 08: The Show, PSP
      • Splinter Cell, GCN
      • 007: Everything or Nothing, GCN
      • Call of Duty: Finest Hour, GCN
      • Splinter Cell: Double Agent, GCN
      • Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
      • From Russia With Love, GCN

The total of that (due to about 5 deals that I was not aware of when I went in) was about $105 and I had a $25 gift card. I ended up buying 4 games and one of them was free cause they were all used for the 360: (yes I like bulletins)
      • Left 4 Dead
      • Oblivion
      • Fable 2
      • Rock Band

Left 4 Dead was used but the guy apparently traded it in about 30 minutes before I got in there and it looked brand new and it has an unused 48 Gold trial and Netflix trial code in it. And as for the Best Buy card, I'm selling one of the gas cards I got because it's to a Speedway and the closest one would waste too much gas to go to and putting the $25 with the Best Buy card and renewing my XBL that expires in February.

As for the games, I've only played Left 4 Dead so far and really enjoy it so if anyone wants to play online, my gamertag is Gamer Geek360 (mind the space in between Gamer and Geek) I might be playing with some friends but if there's a spot we need to fill, you're welcome to join.

And one more thing, my brother ended up getting two new sports games: NCAA Football 09 and NHL 09. So I have those too, now!! That's all, thanks for reading.

Until next time, oh no!! It's a tank!!!
      -GamerGeek360
      citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#2  Edited By citizenkane

My family decided not to do a big presents thing this year.  I still got some books and money from them, though.

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ryu

Why would we make fun of the Lions, they are setting records this season! Who have they got tomorrow? I want em' to go 0-16!

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By gearhead

The Lions?

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kilzombie

That's good, but why'd you sell your PSP?

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Xandurson

@CitizenKane: Kinda the same thing here. Although we did get Red Wings tickets.
      @Ryu: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Shut up. lol They face the Packers tomorrow and people are actually worried they're gonna win! I want them to but I don't think they will.
      @Gearhead: Yep. I'm actually proud of it. I've watched all the Lions games since I was 6 years old, win or lose. I'm a true LOYAL FAN.
      @Kilzombie: I just don't play it anymore. It was one of the first models. There's not many games out for it. However, if they do more with the PSN on it then I will buy one of the newer models.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DARKIDO07

Well I recieved some Microsoft Points, Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360), and a wireless  controller from my parents.(And Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts from my sister)  The controller was the ugly red one that was priced at $64, and I didn't like it so I returned it and with my money and that $64 I could spend I ordered a Xbox 360 120 GB HDD and a Xbox 360 wireless controller for $125 from Amazon so I'm happy that my parents got me the overpriced ugly controller. :P

Enjoy your games though! (By the way even though I live in Wisconsin I want to see the Lions kill the Packers tomorrow.....that would be hilarious)

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I only got 1 game this year, and a budget one too. The Darkness for $20. I just decided I have too many games already and not enough time to play them all, so instead I got weights and clothes. I'll buy more games when I get caught up on the ones I have already.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Kazona

It would be a Christmas first for me if someone did buy me a game. So I guess we're on opposite ends of the Christmas giving spirit :P

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xandurson

@DARKIDO07: Yeah, it'd be something if the Lions win. Green Bay may make some changes as well if the Lions win.
      @TheGreatGuero: Kinda the same thing here. I have way too many games but I just keep getting them. lol
      @Kazona: That sucks man. Maybe next year...maybe.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude

I still like the head coach of the Lions... (Rod Marinelli). He keeps his chin up and that's admirable. It's always possible to come back next year, look at the Miami Dolphins and the Atanta Falcons.

Have fun with your games, I'll be playing Dead Space and World of Goo for now, Fable 2 and Civ Rev... gift cards/money, later. My nephew loans me his old games... that's always a win.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Xandurson

Yeah I do like Marinelli, it's just it seems like the team just doesn't click with him. I'm hoping he can stay but I just don't think he will. At least they got rid of Matt Millen. He was terrible.

pill92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By pill92

Tank!   I'll try not to make to many Lions jokes next time we play cod lol.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Optiow

I to got no games!
      I had to buy them with my christmas money.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Discorsi

LOL the Lions oh man....What is it like to be a Lions "fan?"

I assume it would feel like an eternal neverending punch in the balls every five minutes of your life

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shocker

I can actually see the Lions winning tomorrow.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xandurson

@pill: You better not!! lol Man, maybe we can play some time this week. And those tanks are serious business!! lol
      @Opitow: Same here man. But I'm glad with what I got.
      @Discorsi: Yeah pretty much. lol Actually it's like a normal football fan just with more disappointments. But if they win, it's like your team just won the Super Bowl.
      @Shocker: I can a little bit now. I'm still worried. It's a little over an hour away till kickoff.