• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by AcidBrandon18 (787 posts) -

So there is this girl I sit next to in my sociology class. I don't know very much about her aside that she knows one of my friends and is apart of dance company on campus. I sent her a friend request on facebook early in the semester when I realized she knew my friend and that it would be advantageous in case one of us missed class. She added me and we haven't talked too much. We don't really talk much during class either, but during group activities and stuff she seems to not be completely annoyed by my existence. One night I decided to send her a message on facebook asking her if she wanted to hangout sometime and to my surprise she said yes. Now I literally have no idea on what we should do as I don't really hangout much. Whenever I do hangout with someone they are close friends who are up for anything. What should we do?

Status Update 1: She said she is busy this week, but that we can try and do something next week. However, I did get her number so this seems to becoming more real. She used a sad face emoticon when she said she was busy this week so maybe she really does want to hang? I'll speak to her in person before class and will see on what she'd want to do.

#2 Edited by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Well it seems you're trying to get to know this girl more on a romantic level? Keep it simple, try to find an activity that will give plenty of time for talking and getting to know each other. Maybe just grab a coffee with her if that's your thing. If you're a bit more musical, go to a local music show. Think of places you would feel comfortable in that will give room for discussion.

EDIT:

This is, of course, needed.

#3 Posted by TheSoldier89 (14 posts) -

I agree with SexyToad. Keep it simple, going for coffee or even hanging out at the mall is a good call too.

#4 Posted by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

You drew first blood. You can either forget that you sent the message (since you were not expecting a replay and now have no idea what to do) or go somewhere and get to know her. Stalk her on facebook and see her interest.

#5 Posted by Tebbit (4485 posts) -

Going out for a coffee (or hemp milk or whatever it is you kids are into these days) is a great idea. It doesn't seem like you're trying too hard, but you're still interested in getting to know them and spending time with them.

Do it! The old "do you wanna grab a coffee sometime" line is one of the most successful in the book.

#6 Edited by Neonie (438 posts) -

Chuck-E-Cheese

Wait how old is this girl?

Eh Doesn't matter. Chuck-E-Cheese.

#7 Edited by Hamst3r (4563 posts) -

You should ask her what she wants to do. It could be as simple as, "So, what do you want to do?"

Or you could put a suggestion in there with something like, "So, you wanna get something to eat?"

After that, you can figure out what to do next. Perhaps she just wants to watch TV and play video games at your place. :P

#8 Posted by markies (62 posts) -

Just go for a coffee in a cozy café, get to know her a little better. If it clicks, great. If not, you tried :)

If it does click maybe next time you could go to a dance recital seeing as she seems to like that.

#9 Posted by Broomhitches (173 posts) -

Whatever you choose to do, be confident about it. You brought it up, so it would be a little weird if you asked her what she wanted to do. Plus, making the decision prevents the dreaded, "I don't know, what do you want to do?" response.

#10 Posted by ViciousBearMauling (1247 posts) -

Challenge her to a Street Fighter 3rd Strike match, if she can't set up a Urien unblockable, drop her on the spot.

Girls with bad charge partitioning aren't worth your time, TRUST ME.

Okay, on a serious note, do something simple that creates an excuse for conversation. Coffee is an easy choice, you get to know if your personalities click or not.

Hopefully she is cool and stuff.

#11 Posted by Shortbreadtom (863 posts) -

Pistol duel at 30 paces

#12 Edited by dudeglove (8276 posts) -

Tell her you posted about her on a public forum on the Internet. Girls really appreciate that.

#13 Posted by Alyssia (341 posts) -

Throw rocks.

#14 Posted by Flappy (2352 posts) -

Tell her you posted about her on a public forum on the Internet. Girls really appreciate that.

This. Also, why do I feel like this isn't the first time that this girl stuff has been discussed with OP? I feel like it involved chicks throwing their vaginas at people.

#15 Posted by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

He should send her the link to this forum.

#16 Edited by LiquidPrince (16175 posts) -

Touch her shoulder.

#18 Posted by Neonie (438 posts) -
#19 Edited by Hunter5024 (5963 posts) -

If it's my first time hanging out with someone I actually try not to put myself in a situation where their company is the only thing to keep me occupied, it's just a lot of pressure for both parties involved. So I recommend against just getting coffee. I suggest you come up with some sort of activity that you guys can talk about afterwards. Movies are the obvious answer, but there's other options. Like fucking laser tag! You could play air hockey afterwards (which is a double great idea if she's wearing a low cut shirt). I don't know if she's into that kind of stuff, but if she isn't, then she is an enemy of fun, and you don't want to know her anyways.

Don't listen to me though, I've been single for 5 years.

#20 Posted by AdequatelyPrepared (674 posts) -

Panic.

#21 Edited by Rowr (5824 posts) -

Do a Barrel Roll.

#22 Edited by Vuud (2035 posts) -

Steal her dog then offer to help her search for said missing dog then talk about how you lost your dog when you were a kid and found him torn up by owls, yer in like Flynn.

#23 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

They give good advice.

#24 Posted by Village_Guy (2662 posts) -

I'll just give out the number one advice for any of the problems in life...

Fake your own death.

#25 Posted by anywhereilay (174 posts) -

I find heroin is a good, character building pastime.

#26 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

Date advice picture. Check.

Touch her shoulder. Check.

Fake your own death. Check.

Actual advice. Check.

You guys make me so proud.

#27 Posted by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

If touching her shoulder doesn't work, I'd suggest asking her what she would like to do and casually engaging in conversation while doing whatever that may be.

#28 Edited by ectoplasma (987 posts) -

It's not that important what you actually end up proposing. Just keep it simple (like a coffee). Also just try to get to know her, if you have too strong romantic aspirations it might turn awkward. Most importantly don't have any expectations towards the date and don't get frustrated if you guys don't get along. I'd say meeting her is a win for you no matter what happens - you'll ease up once you get to know more girls ;).

#29 Posted by dudeglove (8276 posts) -

They give good advice.

Who... are these people?

#30 Posted by T0FFE (162 posts) -

Just keep it simple. Remember that asking if she wants to hang out isn't the same thing as asking someone out on a date, so try to not make it a romantic kind of thing. As many people already said, ask her out for coffee or something and just talk to the girl. You'll get to know her better and find out what she likes. If you guys enjoy hanging out you can ask if she wants to see a movie or something the next time you ask her if she wants to hang out.

#31 Edited by Patman99 (1620 posts) -

@supamon: Those are what I wanted to see and this community never disappoints.

To answer the OP: coffee or lunch would be good. Those are low-impact activities where you get a lot of conversation but don't feel like as daunting as getting supper.

#32 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Get wasted in the middle of the day and throw up in her handbag.

#33 Edited by seveword (188 posts) -

Take her out for coffee. Once you're both sitting at a table comfortably, jump on top of it and elbow drop her right in the face.

#34 Posted by bemusedchunk (734 posts) -

bring condoms.

chicks go nuts for condoms.

#35 Edited by SteamRickroller (310 posts) -

I'll just give out the number one advice for any of the problems in life...

Fake your own death.

This.

#36 Posted by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -
#37 Posted by Freshbandito (689 posts) -

Pistol duel at 30 paces

I love reading these threads for the stuff like this.

#38 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@bemusedchunk said:

bring condoms.

It also helps if you're Danny Devito. Ladies love a man who's Danny Devito.

#39 Posted by EdgeKasey (142 posts) -

bring condoms.

Wear em like a VietNam ear necklace, even better if they're used....former conquests.....yeaaaa, chicks dig confidence lol

#40 Posted by gabha (357 posts) -

@supamon said:

Date advice picture. Check.

Touch her shoulder. Check.

Fake your own death. Check.

Actual advice. Check.

You guys make me so proud.

Advice picture was an edit, I feel cheated.

#41 Edited by Grixxel (771 posts) -

Whatever you end up doing, as there are plenty of great suggestions already in this thread, do NOT forget to give her a good ol' slap on the ass after you're done for the day. Then she'll know you mean business.

#42 Edited by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

Hangout in a women's restroom together. That's a popular spot for ladies to hangout, I've noticed. Hopefully an environment she's familiar will help keep things relaxed and fun.

#43 Posted by 49th (2845 posts) -
#44 Posted by RickWertz (1 posts) -

Man I can't believe these fools, they are all giving you bad advice. You practically answered your own question there. You said you are both in the same sociology class. Walk up to her after class and you grab that woman by the hip and ask her to come over for a little sociology study after hours. She'll get the message. But it doesn't stop there. You need to break out the glasses and fix her a nice drink, I'm talking lemon wedges, hand crushed coco and ice cubes made from a local glacier. Shes going to need to cool off and quench her thirst after you get all hot and sweaty. Yeah that's right, break out that Wii and play some tennis or maybe a little Mario kart. You need to let her win though, but make it close. This will probably work up an appetite so give her some of your fresh Italian salami. As you slice it up over a hand thrown, home made, brick fired pizza. Bitch, it ain't Digiorno, this is a family secret recipe handed down from your (insert any number of greats)aunt from the old country. She'll be so impressed she'll be dying to know how to make it. After that tell her you'll show her how you make that special sauce, as you take her by the hand into your bed room. Where you will fuck.

#45 Edited by Downloaded (185 posts) -

@acidbrandon18: Many excellent suggestions have already been posted but I'll just say don't go into it surprised that she's not annoyed by your existence. Jesus, man, have some fucking dignity. All the girls want your pogo-stick, humanity as a society has kept this from you since birth to give everyone else a chance. Congratulations.

#46 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

@video_game_king: Dammit, but I'm not Danny Devito. What do I do in this instance?

#47 Edited by Ioan-Alexandru (21 posts) -

Take her in the woods

#48 Posted by BatmanBatman (443 posts) -

Hey somehow I thought this thread would be creepier than this... but yeah I agreed with the "keep it simple approach", not sure about the obsession with coffee though, thing is gross!

#49 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1042 posts) -

#50 Posted by Spoonman671 (4769 posts) -

@narujoe93 said:
@bemusedchunk said:

bring condoms.

It also helps if you're Danny Devito. Ladies love a man who's Danny Devito.

Man, I remember this one time when I went out to the club and I was Danny Devito. Man, those were good times, man.