• 118 results
#1 Edited by mrfluke (5131 posts) -

What do you folks make of this stuff?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/07/tiny-alien-humanoid-among_n_3017854.html

I dunno what to make of this, apparently some people found a alien in the Chile desert a few years ago and have been examining it since then and will be releasing the footage of essentially their examinations via a documentary called "Sirius" thats releasing to a limited theatrical run on april 22nd,

here's a bit from the article

The film, called "Sirius," will also depict how readily available forms of alternative energy technology are what extraterrestrials may be using to travel here from the cosmically improbable distances between their home world and ours.

If this is all true, and that's a very big IF, it will certainly answer the ages-old question of whether or not humans are alone in the universe.

The force behind "Sirius" is Steven Greer, a former emergency medical physician. He's actively pursued avenues to get the U.S. government to reveal information about alien reality -- information that the powers-that-be have always maintained doesn't exist.

"Sirius" includes graphic footage of the supposedly humanoid entity of "unknown classification" by DNA sequencing.

i dunno what to make of this stuff, on one hand i want to believe, but i find it hard to believe,

(especially when there is an article like this about http://www.openminds.tv/background-of-ufo-documentary-humanoid-alien-revealed-964/)

curious to hear what you folks make of this stuff

also Tagging @patrickklepek to this thread,

#2 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (389 posts) -

I find this a little hard to believe is real.
I don't really have anything else to add besides that, so here:

#3 Edited by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Bullshit.

#4 Posted by WasabiCurry (422 posts) -

#5 Posted by 49th (2734 posts) -

It has to be some kind of publicity stunt. Fake.

#6 Edited by MarekkPie (71 posts) -

Why would a random alien happen to be bipedal, have a spine, have two eyes located in a similar position to a humans, have a brain located in a similar location to a humans, and bear striking resemblance to the Grey Aliens of science fiction?

#7 Posted by mrfluke (5131 posts) -

also tagging @brad and @drewbert as they seem they would be into this also. not as much as patrick obviously :P

#8 Edited by TooWalrus (13176 posts) -

Come on.

#9 Edited by mrfluke (5131 posts) -

@49th: but for what? im with you on that logic and im not with you

#10 Posted by Pie (7080 posts) -

Why would a random alien happen to be bipedal, have a spine, have two eyes located in a similar position to a humans, have a brain located in a similar location to a humans, and bear striking resemblance to the Grey Aliens of science fiction?

Because they made us in their own image.

#11 Posted by JasonR86 (9659 posts) -

Nope.

#12 Posted by mrfluke (5131 posts) -

probably the most appropriate comment for this thread :P

#13 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

#14 Posted by stonepawfox (236 posts) -

nope

#15 Posted by casper_ (903 posts) -

naaahh

#16 Posted by 49th (2734 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

@49th: but for what? im with you on that logic and im not with you

I don't know, to promote the movie? It's certainly got people talking about it. There's 3,887 comments on that article.

#17 Posted by Pie (7080 posts) -

DAWWW those little guys look adorable!!!

#18 Posted by Krullban (1034 posts) -

Aliens are depicted that way because that's what people have always described as what they have seen.

#19 Edited by mrfluke (5131 posts) -

@49th: yea true, guess we'll see on the 22nd, super 50/50 on this thing.

#20 Edited by Abendlaender (2789 posts) -

What? Why am I even looking at this?

#21 Posted by mrfluke (5131 posts) -

@pie: Lol this was actually one of the things that i thought also :P

#22 Edited by Itwastuesday (959 posts) -

ahahahahahahahahaha

#23 Posted by psylah (2170 posts) -

THE GALAXY IS ON ORION'S BELT

#24 Posted by Coafi (1484 posts) -

Yep, this smells like the old publicity stunt trick. A lot of movies have done this, and it's stupid because people actually believe it. If this wasn't tied to a film it would be a bit more believable.

#25 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

TEAM CG GO!!!!

Wait, wrong thread. Or not. *tun tun tun*

#26 Posted by mrfluke (5131 posts) -

@coafi: yea having it tied to a movie is what has me not fully believing in it as well.

#27 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1958 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

Wait, it's tied to a film and you're 50/50 on whether it's fake or not?

Ok...I'd like to be honest but there's forum rules about not being a dick.

#28 Edited by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

The best part about that Huffington Post article? The author literally linked the original source that he plagiarized his article from. This whole thing just reeks of bullshit at every inch, but then again who enjoyed doing citations in high school anyways?

#29 Edited by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

NO YOU GOTTA KEEP IT REAL DOG

#30 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3209 posts) -

Looks like a toy. Also can't trust a man who interviews in sandals.

#31 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1958 posts) -

@rollingzeppelin said:

@mrfluke said:

NO YOU GOTTA KEEP IT REAL DOG

Well I can probably be a dick about the movie. The thing is clearly full of conspiracy theorist nutjobs talking about pseudo-science who have the audacity to criticise real scientists all the while peddling their manufactured "evidence" in order to attract others to their distorted belief system.

#32 Posted by Chaser324 (6433 posts) -

As soon as they started going on about free-energy devices, I checked out. Absolutely nobody has been able to provide scientific evidence that it's possible to generate power in that manner, but it's exactly the sort of thing that crazy conspiracy theorists love to sketch designs and build models of in their garages.

Moderator Online
#33 Posted by BisonHero (6452 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

@CollegeguyMike said:

probably the most appropriate comment for this thread :P

More appropriate for Giant Bomb:

#34 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

I believe in aliens but this looks completely fake to me.

#35 Posted by MachoFantastico (4650 posts) -

People still fall for this crap... Ha!

#36 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10919 posts) -

That looks pretty fake to me.

And this comes from someone who desperately wants proof that aliens exist.

#37 Posted by Tackchevy (264 posts) -

Makes sense that a scientific discovery with potential to alter the human paradigm would be released in two weeks as part of a feature film.

#38 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1958 posts) -

As soon as they started going on about free-energy devices, I checked out. Absolutely nobody has been able to provide scientific evidence that it's possible to generate power in that manner, but it's exactly the sort of thing that crazy conspiracy theorists love to sketch designs and build models of in their garages.

What they don't seem to realise is that free energy devices and perpetual motion machines are, by definition, physically impossible as they violate the laws of thermodynamics. The only perpetual motion machine that could be theoretically possible is one that reduces energy losses to nearly zero thus any energy input would allow it to move for an incredibly long amount of time without losing much energy. However, those devices would only be able to store energy, not generate it.

#39 Posted by donfonzie (206 posts) -

We will be watching, commander.

#40 Posted by StarFoxA (5149 posts) -

Yeaaaah, this is dumb.

#41 Edited by Itwongo (1184 posts) -

Viral marketing?

#42 Edited by Chibithor (574 posts) -

Makes sense that a scientific discovery with potential to alter the human paradigm would be released in two weeks as part of a feature film.

Didn't you hear? The greedy petrol misanthropes are keeping this all quiet, we need to get all this hardcore evidence out there!

#43 Posted by SlashDance (1814 posts) -

#44 Edited by charlie_victor_bravo (999 posts) -

I listened the Joe Rogan podcast with Dr. Steven Greer and based on that interview alone, I can call this 100% complete bs.

#45 Edited by Bollard (5447 posts) -

That 2nd picture looks like a bad webcam overlay haha.

#46 Posted by Village_Guy (2546 posts) -

#47 Posted by MattyFTM (14370 posts) -

Convergent evolution can explain why a genuine alien could look similar to us. Assuming an alien planet is similar to earth, it is likely that an alien would evolve in a similar way to humans as they would have to solve similar problems to humans. There are species on earth that are completely unrelated that are extremely similar due to having similar conditions.

Of course, this "alien" is complete bullshit in any case.

#48 Posted by BaneFireLord (2928 posts) -

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure....

#49 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1394 posts) -

Didnt the same thing happen with a documentary about bigfoot? They said they had real evidence (i think they said a body) and that they would reveal it in the movie, and i dont think that turned out so dont hold your breath for this one, no matter how much you want to believe

#50 Edited by biospank (657 posts) -

Well, it could be another kind of humanoid.