• 116 results
Phazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Phazon

Some of us have the gift of being mellow.  For those lucky ones among us, this thread need not apply to you.  To those of us with a bit of irritability inside, what's the angriest you've ever gotten at a video game?  What was the game?  What did you do? 

For me, it was Street Fighter IV last year.  I was a bit of a novice to Street Fighter, but with M. Bison (and later Akuma), I found my groove.  Then, this douchey little shit called Seth came around, kicked my ass for quite a while.  I almost had him once, he was literally one hit away from KO.  But he used triple Guile-Sonicbooms and killed me.  I threw my controller behind my back really hard and it went right through my window and onto the driveway.  Luckily, no one was pulling out of it. 

So, what's yours?

TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By TheChaos

TF2, stacked teams. 

I grabbed the lamp on my desk and threw it at the wall. 
As well as several other things around me. 
I stopped when I punched a hole through the wall and into a stray nail sticking out of the wood.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By damnboyadvance

MAG. Some clan was playing, and kicked me off of our squad just so that some other stupid member could play the game with them. Didn't really do anything, but I got really mad.

Either that or Madden 10 on the Wii. The controls really made me angry. D:<

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By bicycleham

I punched two holes in the wall cause of Super Street Fighter IV. Fucking Seth.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Synthballs

I was playing the Last level of Beautiful Katamari where you have to block up the Black hole. 

That level goes for about 22 minutes. I finally get the Katamri big enough, I start going towards the Black Hole...I get right to the edge of the black hole, about to push it in, BAM! Times up. Game over man. GAME OVER! 

I nearly threw my 360 Controller down the hallway...
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By rjayb89

I just cussed at Assassin's Creed II a few weeks back.  Killed a few civilians to calm me down.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By monetarydread

Dead or Alive on the PS1

I sucked at the game, but I remember it being as cheap as fighting games come. This is still the only time I have ever broke a controller in my twenty five years of video games.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By habster3

Probably GH5; I played Do You Feel Like We Do? on expert and made all the way to the end; then I failed on the big finish. Didn't do much, but got really mad.

Karolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#9  Edited By Karolis

Carmageddon, 10 years ago: I smashed my fist against the keyboard so hard that several buttons popped out and the "L" stopped functioning entirely.

Molenator85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Molenator85

Contra 4 on the DS hard mode. I know it's contra and I knew it was gonna be pretty unforgiving, but I would always get soooo close in the fourth stage just to fail. I twisted my DS until I heard a crack and a couple of days later one of the hinges broke. (Orignial big bulky DS by the way)

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage.  Disc was scratched and kept skipping.  You know what I fucking did?  I took the disc out and broke it in half.  I am a big man on the inside.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By raidingkvatch

I used to get really pissed off at Tekken 2 as a kid to the extent that I once through a controller into the TV and chipped the screen. Now I get more despairing than angry, and then I get filled with self-lothing and my need to rob myself of enjoyment to satiate a need to get through anything I'm stuck on, to the point that I've got past a difficult point, saved the game and trhen never returned to it. I am getting better about this and making myself stop after a couple of fails and just leave the game alone for a little while.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By triple07

The last mission of GTA4. That fucking mission drove me insane! I got the the very end and had to start over so many times I eventually put the game down and have never picked it up or another Rockstar game since. Although I might finally be over the epic fury of no checkpoints in that game and might pick up Red Dead Redemption to buy it used.

Turbofirejames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Turbofirejames

Gran Turismo (the original). I broke 3 controllers at various points during the license tests. I was never closer to quiting a game than i was playing Gran Turismo....but for some reason I just couldn't stop. That game laid down gauntlet and like hell if i was gonna let it win...
Avatar image for hilariousdoubleentendre
HilariousDoubleEntendre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call of Duty 4. Veteran. Easily the worst gaming experience of my gaming life. Nothing -- NOTHING -- was worse than that. 

Fuck you, Veteran difficulty. Fuck you so hard.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By raiz265

Call of Duty 4 when I played in the ESL and Clanbase ladders with some friends... Jesus I raged when I fucked it up... 

I hit the wardrobe door right next to me over and over again.  

And it's starting to happen with the Starcraft2 Beta now. I'm scared of myself :(

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Sarumarine

Diamond Sands in Blast Corps. I was so frustrated I cried. It's really the only time a video game had ever made me cry. Of course, I was like twelve or something when I did it. I have fond memories of Blast Corps... except for that stupid level. Diamond Sands can rot in hell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The timed mission in Call of Duty 4 on veteran difficulty. That mission made me rage quit so many times its insane and to this day I have not beat it.

AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AckbarTheGreat
@Equilibrium said:
" Call of Duty 4. Veteran. Easily the worst gaming experience of my gaming life. Nothing -- NOTHING -- was worse than that.  Fuck you, Veteran difficulty. Fuck you so hard. "
This.
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Whisperkill

Genocide. Ninja Gaiden 2

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Yoshi's Island on DS, it was an awesome game right up until I got up to the part with the self-scrolling levels, that made me snap my DS. 

Last week GTA:TBOGT made me get really angry and then cry because I was about to beat the Cage Fight Championship and some fucking cunt that I beat the shit out of earlier stumbled in between and took my kick, when it was supposed to make contact with the guy I was fighting; immediate knife to the face. 

GTA games usually make me really annoyed, due to no checkpoints and long drives when restarting missions. Also, BFBC2 pisses me off so much due to both Lag, and when I end up in matches with a team that sucks against a team that is rediculously good. As much as I enjoy sniping people I think they should take the recon class out of the game, because it's pretty much Respawn - one step - die, rince & repeat (they can kill you easily from anywhere). I hate the spawn timers on games as well, they should take that shit out!

Avatar image for natural_deadhead
natural_deadhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By natural_deadhead

Star Wars the Force unleashed pulling down the stardestroyer took me 2 hours the first time because lucas arts can't make a video game to save their fucking life. Also Kazdan paratus on hardest difficulty was to frustrating.
Noodlearms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Noodlearms

Like others here, playing against Seth in SSIV back when I was bad at it. I was screaming and just smashing shit next to me. Took me like an hour just to beat him.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Illmatic

I'm usually really mellow. I've even had a counselor who was telling me how serious college was convinced I didn't care about my life after high school due to how relaxed I can appear. However, Call of Duty's Veteran has caused me to literally throw my controller to the ground, clench my fists above my head, and let out a death yell that would make the warring native americans of the Wild West proud.

Fuck grenades. Fuck respawning enemies.No, not just in this game. In all games, the entire fucking concept of respawning enemies. Fuck lazy programmers of higher difficulties. Fuck omiscient A.I. Fuck carnivals with ferris wheels. Fuck tunnels. Fuck hills. Fuck houses on hills. Fuck running out of ammo. Fuck hiding behind cover. FUCK YOU VETERAN DIFFICULTY!

discost3w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By discost3w

MW2... broke a piece of plastic of my xbox 360 controller, it was the end of my career.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Synthballs
@Whisperkill said:
"Genocide. Ninja Gaiden 2 "

Is this some kind of level or did you literally get so angry at Ninjas that you went out and killed every last one of them? o_o Poor ninjas
Avatar image for hilariousdoubleentendre
HilariousDoubleEntendre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" The timed mission in Call of Duty 4 on veteran difficulty. That mission made me rage quit so many times its insane and to this day I have not beat it. "
Also, this.
Jemenez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jemenez
@Phazon said:
?  For me, it was Street Fighter IV last year.  I was a bit of a novice to Street Fighter, but with M. Bison (and later Akuma), I found my groove.  Then, this douchey little shit called Seth came around, kicked my ass for quite a while.  I almost had him once, he was literally one hit away from KO.  But he used triple Guile-Sonicbooms and killed me.  I threw my controller behind my back really hard and it went right through my window and onto the driveway.  Luckily, no one was pulling out of it.  So, what's yours? "
This, basically.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Persona 3.  "What are you DOING Junpei?!  GOD!"

Imagine if Vinny casted Bufu every round.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Burns098356GX

When I got Super Mario for my SNES, I couldn't figure out how to beat Bowser at the end. I got so pissed I actually bit the controller, which was fairly soft plastic. I still own that controller, complete with my 11 year old bit marks.

igloodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By igloodude

The first battle against Gary in Pokemon Red/Blue killed me. I lost seventeen times to that Bulbasaur-wielding fiend before I threw my Gameboy through a monitor, threw my monitor through a TV screen, launched my TV out the window, ate all of the broken glass, punched the mail-lady, and crunched a bicycle in half...WITH MY TEETH.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Animasta

that I can remember? Fighting the final boss in Persona 3 and dying after an hour and 30 minutes (long as hell boss fight if you're not overleveled)

fuck you nyx

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#33  Edited By vager

Valkyria Chronicles. On the level where you have to vs the blond dude's giant ass tank and throw grenades in the vents. I almost finished him off, but a lone anti-tank dude came in and one shotted my commander which is and instant lose.
I shut off my PS3 right away while screaming endless profanities. Never did go back to the game after that

miningguyx360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By miningguyx360

When I was about 10 and Halo 2 came out I rushed after school to the local GameStop to pick it up. I get there, pay for the game and then rush home as fast as possible. I throw the disc in to be swept away to a land about 50 miles above the Earth's surface and about half way through the first level the game stops. I franticly try to fix the problem and I try ejecting the disc. The tray opens, nothing there. WTF!?! Where the hell did this disc go? Shake the ef' out of my Xbox and I hear the disc but I can't seem to get it out. I perform surgery on a device I had no idea about. I get the disc out and put the machine back together. I just wanted to jump into the game but now my FUCKING XBOX WON'T FUCKING TURN THE FUCK ON!  I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY! I had to wait a year to get a new Xbox and finally play what was the most retarded hyped game ever... at the time anyway.  

also MW2    

Kedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kedi

Raining Blood and the last boss battle on Guitar Hero III on expert got me really angry. Call of Duty 3 and World at War veteran modes were also a bitch, along with Mile High Club.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By davidwitten22

NCAA Baseball 2006. Every god damn time the same thing would happen. My pitcher with max stats and max everything would give up the lead in the 9th, then my best player would come up with the chance to lie/win in the bottom of the ninth and would strike out or ground into a double play. On the easiest difficulty. With all the sliders in my favor. 

I threw the game out the window. I still have the box for the memories.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rentfn

I get angry at Mario Galaxy and Assassins Creed. I miss something by the littlest of margins and it really makes me want to break the controller. When you finally finish the level I feel great though. Might be worth it.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

every time i throw an interception in madden is the angriest moment in my gaming career 

oh, and i got really mad in assassins creed 2

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SSValis

I was playing Gears of War 2 and got so angry in a ranked match, I stepped on my ps3 controller. That cost me 50 bucks right there, sometimes I can be a real moron.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Alma - NInja Gaiden 

Oddly enough I flew threw the rest of that game, but that was the part that almost sent me to the loony bin

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#41  Edited By Yummylee

Its hard for me to remember my angriest nerd-rage outburst. Most recently though, would be Demon's Souls going against Maneater...*begins to cry*. That boss battle broke me...I couldn't go back for like 4 days.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By slax

SFIV is the only game that I can really remember just getting completely pissed at...

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By XenoNick

Gears Of war 2 Insane Solo. That big fish thing you fight on the boat. i kept messing the timing to go into its mouth. Threw my controller at the floor and then at the wall. 
SFIV Seth you son of a bitch
Ninja Gaiden 2  That game resulted in many many dents into my wall.
CoD 2 Hill 42
 This icident wasnt me but i thought itd be worth putting in : Me and my mate were taking turns clearing Tekken 5 and after clearing it with about 7-8 characters and took Jinpachi down easily. My mate was using Paul and spent almost two hours trying to beat that old cheap bastard. in the end he just chucked his controller up which pulled his PS2 off the selve and onto his floor smashing it.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By simian

COD4: The last level on veteran. It took me a couple of extremely angry sessions to get it done. I didn't yell or act out but oh man did I have the crazy eyes.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Scooper

I sold MW2 because I got so annoyed at that game and people camping and abusing the shotguns constantly (pre patch). The #1 prize goes to SFIV when at some points I've wanted to punch my opponent in the face multiple times until his face resembled a pulp. For reals. Unhealthy stuff so I don't play games if they really annoy me.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AckbarTheGreat said:
" @Equilibrium said:
" Call of Duty 4. Veteran. Easily the worst gaming experience of my gaming life. Nothing -- NOTHING -- was worse than that.  Fuck you, Veteran difficulty. Fuck you so hard. "
This. "
Me too.  

That game is broken on that difficulty. Which is the excuse I used to stop playing it. 
Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Meltac

Hm, the only one I can remember is Star Wars: TFU, when you fight against the boss on the junk planet.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Alexander

If a game is too hard at a certain difficulty then I won't play it at that difficulty. Most of the time I'll lose my rag over something in multilpayer, and even then I'm not prone to going ballistic. I won't rage-quit, I'll stay in the game until I have a satisfactory performance, sometimes that will take a while and I will be seriously wound up.

@simian: that last level was really hard, one specific point for me was where you were underground, there were pipes everywhere and it was room to room. Other than that though, I had a great deal of fun on Veteran.

Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By psyborg0815
@Meltac said:
"Hm, the only one I can remember is Star Wars: TFU, when you fight against the boss on the junk planet. "

That. I had to use the glitch, which allows you to get maximum stats. I'm a bad person.