Anyone else depressed about the next election?

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Mmmslash

@ryanwho: ...what? How is championing Human Rights and Quality of Life middling?

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Cheesebob said:

@DeeGee said:

Fuck the Lib Dems.

Oh wait, wrong country.

YES!

Also, even though I am not from your country, I would totally just vote Obama anyway. For one it would show that you'd still support a black (or other raced) president and 2) might give him a chance to actually do some shit once he has sorted out what the last goverment left him.

I don't think anyone should vote for someone just because they're black.... That's just dumb.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By kingzetta
@TooWalrus said:

Also, not to discriminate about anyone religion, but if you vote Romney, you're voting for someone who wears magic underwear. LITERALLY. Mormon's believe their UNDERWEAR is MAGIC. Do you really want someone in charge of our country that wears MAGIC UNDERWEAR? No, you don't.

I totally heard that it's fucking nuts
ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ABK_92

@Venatio said:

If I was american I'd vote for the one that sucks the least, right now that's Obama

Well since you're not American you have no idea that Obama IS the worst option.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ryanwho

@Kazzurak said:

@ryanwho said:

@Cheesebob said:

@DeeGee said:

Fuck the Lib Dems.

Oh wait, wrong country.

YES!

Also, even though I am not from your country, I would totally just vote Obama anyway. For one it would show that you'd still support a black (or other raced) president and 2) might give him a chance to actually do some shit once he has sorted out what the last goverment left him.

3 years in, its the other guys fault still somehow. Wonder how that shit flies at, idunno, any other job.

What have you accomplished in the last 3 years?

Also it takes time and yes it is the previous guys fault because lets face it if you have to clean up a mess before you can start doing something yourself it takes longer time, but of course the american impatience as always

Let's measure what I've accomplished as a student, commisioned artist, and military man against the president, cus that's a great argument to make. Guys, before you complain about what the president did, ask if you did more in the last 3 years than the man filling the most powerful position in the world. If not, suck a fat one and shut it.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cheesebob

@PeasantAbuse: Hmm I guess not. But if i had to choose...I would still go for the black guy even if the policies for the two were similar, as it would continue dispersing the idea that lots of americans are racist.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ryanwho

@Mmmslash said:

@ryanwho: ...what? How is championing Human Rights and Quality of Life middling?

Take one look at Africa and the middle east to see how much he champions human rights. Just refresh the BBC news page and read about some new protesters being gunned down while America talks about denying Palestine statehood.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By cheesebob

@ABK_92: Its called reading what is reported in the news on the internet. Arsehole.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm a history major and political science minor. EVERY election depresses me. On a serious note, if you really care about politics, maybe you should mosey on over to Americans Elect to learn about a movement looking to shake up the political scene.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Spoonman671

I'm depressed about all elections.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Subjugation

@Cheesebob said:

@PeasantAbuse: Hmm I guess not. But if i had to choose...I would still go for the black guy even if the policies for the two were similar, as it would continue dispersing the idea that lots of americans are racist.

You'd vote for him just because he is black? How about, oh I don't know, on the merit of being a good president? That should probably be important criteria. Anyway, yayyyyy politics thread.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By tunaburn

It doesnt matter at all. Obama will win again guaranteed. 2016 is where we will actually see a real election.

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AndrewBeardsley

I live in Canada...

NDP...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By toowalrus

@Mmmslash said:

@ShadowMoses900 said:

"As for Obama, well he hasn't done really anything ... "

Every time someone posts this, I feel like they are either willfully ignorant, or some how completely unaware of the world around them.

What the fuck has Obama done so far?

I mean, holy shit is that an ill-informed, stupid thing to say.

Ha, I was just clicking through this and sumbled upon "Issued executive order to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay". LOL. They should probably update this thing. That's one of the things I like about Obama- he definitely didn't keep most of the silly promises he made (like most politicians). He tortured the shit out of dudes and found Bin Ladin.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PillClinton

Ron Paul...except that he's actually kind of insane and illogical about some things, but it'd be cool if he wasn't!

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ryanwho

@TooWalrus said:

@Mmmslash said:

@ShadowMoses900 said:

Every time someone posts this, I feel like they are either willfully ignorant, or some how completely unaware of the world around them.

Ha, I was just clicking through this and sumbled upon "Issued executive order to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay". LOL

ahahaha, amazing

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ABK_92

@Cheesebob said:

@ABK_92: Its called reading what is reported in the news on the internet. Arsehole.

On what website? http://www.liberal.com/?

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By Dalai

@Mesoian said:

Eh, it's weird, and ultimately it doesn't really matter. It's just odd that Obama is currently the non-crazy vote. The republican side of the vote looks like the cast of the 1960's batman show.
You do realize Dick Cheney isn't running for president, right?

Well... Mitt Romney kinda looks like Two-Face and occasionally acts like him.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ryanwho

Mitt Romney looks like Mr. Fantastic. Which just means he's well intentioned but super lame.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Devil240Z

Its impossible to be depressed about an election.

Just say "Election" with you best racist asian voice.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By wickedsc3

I don't vote its that simple, never have for 8 years now. I hate the whole gov't system its nothing but a bunch of crooks.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By Venatio

@ABK_92 said:

@Venatio said:

If I was american I'd vote for the one that sucks the least, right now that's Obama

Yeah just because I'm not american I don't know shit about american politics, just keep believing that

Look I'd hate to get involved in a political discussion but Obama is far from the worst choice, I mean he did have a pretty rough job ahead of him after republicans fucked up your country with Bush, just wondering, are you a republican by any chance?

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Vote for None of the Above!"

I feel like I'm too young to be quoting Brewsters Millions...

LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LibraryDues

@TooWalrus said:

Also, not to discriminate about anyone religion, but if you vote Romney, you're voting for someone who wears magic underwear. LITERALLY. Mormon's believe their UNDERWEAR is MAGIC. Do you really want someone in charge of our country that wears MAGIC UNDERWEAR? No, you don't.

What's sad is that the two Mormons are easily the least crazy when it comes to religion. When the hell has THAT ever been true about any group of people, anywhere?

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By copycatzen

@Astras said:

Vote for the Venus project

Go watch Zeitgeist so they can convince you how terrible the world really is (It's basically a bridge the Venus project uses to gather souls), then turn into one of these 'new age humans' first though... i'm sure once they were called hippies??

When they ask you for money for their campaigns... you might be willing I GUESS?

Thanks for the links, I have seen the 3 Zeitgeist movies before, and we all should be aware of the Venus project. Fuck money!

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#76  Edited By Ravenousrattler

Nah thats normal to feel that way after figuring out both democrats and republicans suck, but i believe you have no right to complain if you don't vote. So vote for the guy you hate the least.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Mmmslash

@ryanwho said:

@TooWalrus said:

@Mmmslash said:

@ShadowMoses900 said:

Ha, I was just clicking through this and sumbled upon "Issued executive order to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay". LOL

ahahaha, amazing

"Look, guys! I found an outdated line of text on a page maintained by third part supporters! This will totally invalidate any points made against my position!"

If this is what you folks resort to in order to defend your stance, we might as well not even have this discussion.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ryanwho

@LibraryDues said:

@TooWalrus said:

What's sad is that the two Mormons are easily the least crazy when it comes to religion. When the hell has THAT ever been true about any group of people, anywhere?

Maybe you should stop basing your preconceptions of Mormons on shit you saw in Southpark. Huntsman and Romney might be the only people on that replublican stage who aren't either completely crazy or whoafully unprepared. So maybe don't prejudge all Mormons and you won't be saying "how surprising, he must be one of the good ones" like some relic from the 19th century.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SuperCycle

I'm Canadian so I couldn't really tell you about American political issues, but I can tell you that when I vote I rarely look at the big wide spread issues. I always felt overwhelmed by those. In the end I found it necessary, for me, to find the one issue I was most passionate about, that would effect me the most, and then vote for the politician that was trying best to represent that issue the most. I'm a single issue kind of guy.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ryanwho

@Mmmslash said:

@ryanwho said:

@TooWalrus said:

@Mmmslash said:

@ShadowMoses900 said:

ahahaha, amazing

"Look, guys! I found an outdated line of text on a page maintained by third part supporters! This will totally invalidate any points made against my position!"

If this is what you folks resort to in order to defend your stance, we might as well not even have this discussion.

So either we stop discrediting the source you cite before attacking someone for being ignorant or you pack your toys up and go home? Well that's a hard choice. Another option might be fact checking your sources so you don't have to play damage control and start attacking everyone.

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ABK_92

@Venatio said:

@ABK_92 said:

@Venatio said:

Yeah just because I'm not american I don't know shit about american politics, just keep believing that

Look I'd hate to get involved in a political discussion but Obama is far from the worst choice, I mean he did have a pretty rough job ahead of him after republicans fucked up your country with Bush, just wondering, are you a republican by any chance?

Well yeah, I have more then a single brain cell after all.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Mmmslash

@ryanwho: Clearly you are staunchly opposed to the Presidency, and any amount of evidence towards anything but his failure is just going to be so much hot air. So yes, I will pack up my toys and go home, because playing at your house fucking sucks.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#83  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Every election depresses me.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#84  Edited By damnboyadvance

I'm in the same position as you with my thinking of this election. Yet the second to last person I would ever vote for is Rick Perry. The very last is Michelle Bachmann.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85  Edited By Getz

@ShadowMoses900 said:

As for Obama, well he hasn't done really anything and I don't want to vote for him.

http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

Your views on what he has done aside, you can't actually be that well informed if you think he's done NOTHING.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

It's called '3 Stooges Syndrome'. So many crazies running for office, and they'll all cancel each other out.

Move it, chowderhead!
Move it, chowderhead!
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm a conservative and this is why you're wrong, my response is peppered with sarcastic jabs that take aim at your lack of intelligence, something I determined you lacked when I noticed your political affiliation wasn't the same as mine.

I'm a liberal and this is why you're wrong, my response is peppered with sarcastic jabs that take aim at your lack of intelligence, something I determined you lacked when I noticed your political affiliation wasn't the same as mine.

I'm a __________ and this is why you're wrong, my response is peppered with sarcastic jabs that take aim at your lack of intelligence, something I determined you lacked when I noticed your political affiliation wasn't the same as mine.

For fuck's sake, just vote for Ron Paul. And yes, I only want him to win because he has the sack to take on this bullshit war on drugs we've had going on the past century.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ninjakiller

@Everyones_A_Critic: Fuck Ron Paul. Just another Christian fascist.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Hunkulese

@pplus0440 said:

Woah woah. The media says Perry and romney are the front runners. Not true. Ron Paul is dominating in Money brought in and he just won the california straw poll with 46% or something. That's alot. Ofcourse the media doesn't talk about it because... well I don't know. I think if anybody has a shot at beating Obama it is Ron Paul. Go to youtube and click around. Start with Jon Stewart on Ron Paul and the media and keep on clicking. If the election were held tomorrow Obama would beat Paul by 4% or something. All the other guys are alot lower.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that you can never trust someone with two first names.

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By rawrnosaurous

I try not to follow politics anymore, it just makes me very depressed when I do follow it. Mainly because the mainstream media cares little about anything more than their ratings, and everyone is quick to demonize everyone else. I voted for Obama last election and I would still do it, but man I don't think I really care anymore because of all this political mud slinging that always happens. So I won't vote this election, still want Obama to win as he's the best candidate he plays the center very well it's just unfortunate that everyone doesn't understand that is what the country needs at this moment. Not a radical right or left wing, but the median.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mazik765

@Astras said:

Go watch Zeitgeist so they can convince you how terrible the world really is (It's basically a bridge the Venus project uses to gather souls), then turn into one of these 'new age humans' first though... i'm sure once they were called hippies??

When they ask you for money for their campaigns... you might be willing I GUESS?

That looks a lot like The Ark from BRINK...and we all know how that turned out...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By toowalrus

@Mmmslash: ...do you even know what my stance is? I don't even think you read my post, only the small part ryanwho took out of context. What do you mean 'you folks'?

@ryanwho: I never said Mormon's were all crazy, that was all @LibraryDues. Unlike a lot of the atheists around these forums, I don't automatically assume that everyone who doesn't share my religion is mental- (though if Romney is a true Mormon, then he truly believes that his underwear is magic,- even if he didn't though, I'd still vote for Obama this time around- We gave Bush an 8 year presidency, and I'd like to give Obama a chance to turn shit around before electing another conservative.)

sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By sissylion

@Mmmslash said:

@ShadowMoses900 said:

That site is the worst thing in the world. If someone has to use a reference just to see/show someone that the president has done something, then you have a bad president. I despised Bush, but I at least know that he helped with a bunch of African relief (along with a few other minor things his administration did that I agree with). Obama has been a huge disappointment, and the mere existence of that site is proof enough.

LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By LibraryDues

@ryanwho said:

@LibraryDues said:

@TooWalrus said:

Maybe you should stop basing your preconceptions of Mormons on shit you saw in Southpark. Huntsman and Romney might be the only people on that replublican stage who aren't either completely crazy or whoafully unprepared. So maybe don't prejudge all Mormons and you won't be saying "how surprising, he must be one of the good ones" like some relic from the 19th century.

Huh? That was exactly the point I was making. I would definitely vote for Huntsman in a general election, and he and Romney seem to be the only adults in the running for the GOP.

And duder, I grew up in the midwest. Plenty of first hand experience with LDS.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#95  Edited By Astras

@Dalai said:

@Mesoian said:

Eh, it's weird, and ultimately it doesn't really matter. It's just odd that Obama is currently the non-crazy vote. The republican side of the vote looks like the cast of the 1960's batman show.

Well... Mitt Romney kinda looks like Two-Face and occasionally acts like him.

seriously I didn't realise that Mickey from Rocky is also the penguin from batman :P

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#96  Edited By sopranosfan

It doesn't matter they all go to Washington get offered big money from corporations and banks to look the other way and they apparently always accept it.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#97  Edited By zor

Ah, blind hate, this looks like a fun topic to jump into...

I say you should vote for General Zod. I hear he is tough on crime, as well as babies (the free ride is over kids, its time to man up and change yourselves)...

But in actual seriousness, i would suggest to everyone to vote, and to encourage everyone else they know to vote (who can legally do so). The only way things will change, is if people actually start caring about what Washington does.

And now back to the blind hate...

VanillaPlant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By VanillaPlant

Can I vote Google? Corporations are people after all.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#99  Edited By Gabriel

Wow this happens like every election, and people on Giantbomb tend to throw out the word "depressed" more often than Charlie Sheen throws dollar bills at any woman who might blow him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazik765 said:

@Astras said:

That looks a lot like The Ark from BRINK...and we all know how that turned out...

And BRINK was a stupidly bad shooter. It shouldn't be that good of an example on what may lead with this project.