• 89 results
#1 Posted by ripsaw117 (174 posts) -

Is anyone here good at trolling? I'm not very good but I just love the idea of trolling... I mean I did get some lulz at gamespot by pwning butthurt fanboys off the face of the planet... But that's easy. Is anyone part of anonymous or have any good stories (disclaimer: I don't troll here)

#2 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Ugh.

#3 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Hmmm, are you a troll? Please don't, Giantbomb is pretty clean apart from a couple of stupid threads...like this one. Also trolling is the most pointless activity there is.

#4 Posted by Captain_Insano (1522 posts) -

Is this the most meta-thread ever??

#5 Posted by CornBREDX (4755 posts) -

Trolling is ok to me if its funny. I'm a fan of Andy Kaufman like that.

I just critique trolls, most are awful so I must. I do not generally participate- i'm too old for that now.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (35840 posts) -

No, but I imagine several people will quote me to say that I am one.

#7 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

No, my name is HandsomeDevil, not HandsomeDead.

#8 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@CornBREDX: Andy Kaufman was a man unlike any other. The only dude who trolled irl. It would be offensive to compare internet troll to that dude. I still laugh out loud when i see him begging for change on Letterman XD
#9 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I more into the high art of trolling.

#10 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6285 posts) -

" The potential to be a troll lies within all of us. " -Governmentcheese

A moment of silence for our troops still stationed in Japan, whose only mode of communication is ham radio. Thank you.

#11 Posted by Christoffer (1742 posts) -

I troll trolls by ignoring them, does that make me a troll?

I think Descarte said that.

#12 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@Claude said:

That you are Claude, you're the only troll i respect. You and The7r0LL on youtube.
#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

You don't really belong here with an attitude like that, Gamespot are a lot easier to troll.

#14 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I used to be a Troll Priest on WoW, but that's about as much experience I have with trolling.

#15 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

^^^ Moon Troll ^^^

#16 Posted by ripsaw117 (174 posts) -

Once again I dont troll here... It's a very clean and friendly place.... But some sites are asking for it * cough virtual teen cough*

#17 Posted by ESREVER (2650 posts) -

@ripsaw117 said:

I mean I did get some lulz at gamespot by pwning butthurt fanboys off the face of the planet...

@Cloudenvy said:

Ugh.

Gawd, I hate this behavior so much. My good friends whom I met online years ago in CS:S, have basically adopted this behavior. I blame LoL, cause that's all they play now.

Thanks LoL/Internet, for ruining my friends :( I have never approved of activities that get entertainment from other people's expense. I also refuse to acknowledge that behavior as an actual verb/noun apart from meaning singing or the mystical creature. (and other uses for the word, but not the ones the Internet have devised.) I cringe everytime I hear it in actual speak. It's as bad as saying "Lol, pwn, ftw, etc" in public.

#18 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I almost got banned for it.

#19 Posted by CornBREDX (4755 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming: There are many caliber of troll. Some are great, most are awful. This is not limited to the internet but the internet expounds the bad over the good more so then anywhere else as irl bad trolls are easier to ignore. I cant really say why haha

#20 Posted by Management (596 posts) -

I'm always trolling, even now...Wait a minute!

#21 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@CornBREDX said:

@TheDudeOfGaming:  as irl bad trolls are easier to ignore. I cant really say why haha

Oh rly? 

#22 Posted by Patman99 (1558 posts) -

I've never trolled and I dont really plan to. It just seems to get everyone involved made except the troll. I mean if you are trying to do something funny, at least try and make other people laugh not just yourself. You know what they call a person who is the only person laughing at their own joke? A crazy.

@Christoffer said:

I troll trolls by ignoring them, does that make me a troll?

I think Descarte said that.

Descartes joke: One time Descartes was taking a plane and the flight attendant asked him if he would like a drink. Descarte responded: "I think not". Then suddenly Descartes disappears.... HA.....

#23 Posted by Animasta (14637 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

I almost got banned for it.

I did get banned for it, BOOM.

#24 Posted by DonutFever (3549 posts) -

This thread is awful.

#25 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Patman99 said:

Descartes joke: One time Descartes was taking a plane and the flight attendant asked him if he would like a drink. Descarte responded: "I think not". Then suddenly Descartes disappears.... HA.....

I laughed more than I should have at that joke.

#26 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Animasta: I was referring to this site.

#27 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

No, most likely because I'm an adult.

#28 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

Trolls are the worst "people".

#29 Edited by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

My main problem with trolls is that they think they are some super intellectual sociopath that play these complex mind games making people explode with anger, when in reality they are just retarded and aren't fooling anyone.

This picture illustrates this perfectly:

#30 Posted by Village_Guy (2484 posts) -

You seem like a reasonable troll, maybe we can make some kind of mutual agreement that will benefit both our benefactors as much as ourselves.

#31 Posted by Animasta (14637 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

@Animasta: I was referring to this site.

how do you know I am not some former member that was banned!? ooooh

but how do you get almost banned here? gotta know

#32 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

This is off topic, but I found this old video of Ryan kissing Matt Rorie. I guess "troll" made me think of this because what they did was kind of a troll to their fans?

#33 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

This is off topic, but I found this old video of Ryan kissing Matt Rorie. I guess "troll" made me think of this because what they did was kind of a troll to their fans?

Joke's on you, I LOVE that song :P

#34 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Ugh.

#35 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I'll never get enough of this song even though I do like this one a bit more.

#36 Posted by phish09 (1109 posts) -

Nah...I'm a level 12 Dark Elf.

#37 Posted by Jerr (531 posts) -

I just trolled you by not posting on this silly thr- goddammit.

#38 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Lol yeah I'm a troll epic win OP XDD 

#39 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

I used to pretty often on AOL chat forums when I was 15.

#40 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

I think trolling, when clever and good-natured has its place.

#41 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

I don't troll, but I do appreciate some of the finer moments of trolldem, because, lets face it, sometimes trolls can be really funny. And 99% of the time they're inane, immature fanboys/rusty spoon award winners...

#42 Posted by Deusx (1902 posts) -

I'd say your pretty good. 3 pages already? Nice brah.

#43 Posted by Linkster7 (1009 posts) -

I like trolling stupid topics like this one..

Or do I?

#44 Posted by Deadmanforking (567 posts) -

I'm a Troll Druid.

#45 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Claude said:

That you are Claude, you're the only troll i respect. You and The7r0LL on youtube.

Thanks man. I troll with heart and love.

#46 Edited by AlexW00d (6168 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

@FluxWaveZ: I'll never get enough of this song even though I do like this one a bit more.

There's even a Rick Astley Vevo? Dear me.

A good troll is like a fine win, bad trolls are like herpes.

#47 Posted by NorseDudeTR (420 posts) -

I'm Norwegian, have a fairly deep voice, and I'm also pretty tall. That might make me an actual troll, but I don't go round trolling people, no.

#48 Posted by 49th (2670 posts) -

I troll people on failblog. They are mostly dumb.

#49 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

People have to actually care about you to consider you a troll

#50 Posted by Video_Game_King (35840 posts) -

@Matoya:

Then, therefore, people care about me. Wait, was that supposed to be uplifting? It's not very uplifting when you remember that these same people hate your guts.