Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By CL60
Commando said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:
"raven_squad said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:
"I have a fear of  Heights and Spiders (Get bite by a tarantula and tell me Spiders aren't scary)."
I was under the impression a Tarantualas bite was really no worse then a Bee's sting. 
"
I'm allergic to Bee stings... So imagine a Tarantuala bite."
Tarantulas bites hurt, but they aren't poisonous. It could get infected pretty bad though if you don't treat it right. I would freak out though if I saw this huge fuzzy spider crawling around. Its the little spiders I'm mostly scared of. They're the deadly ones.
"
It depends on the type of tarantula, some of them like the other guy said, are no worse than a bee sting, while others hurt.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#102  Edited By artofwar420

I get squeamish when I see this fuckers:

DON'T EAT MY FACE!!
DON'T EAT MY FACE!!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By CL60

FAKE

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Carlos1408

I have a phobia fro swallowing pills, or just swallowing solid objects whole... I just can't stand it, well I just can't do it.
I think it comes from this experience from when I was younger:
I was sick and had a really soar throat(I was about 6 or 7 years old),
I kept moaning and crying about it (in the middle of the night), my mom was trying to give me a spoon fill of honey but I wouldn't have it, and I kept being loud (therefore, woke up my father).
My dad then grabbed the spoon and shoved it down my throat so I'd swallow the honey, I gagged and almost puked. I didn't have honey for years after that... and have not been able to swallow solid objects.
I'm not sure if that's what caused my fear of swallowing pills, but that's what me and my mom think.
LOL
BTW that maggot thing posted by artofwar420 is fucking crazy and disgusting!!!

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Clean

Needles give me chills

Ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#106  Edited By Ishoturface

im not really scared of anything...

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
Commando said:
I'm scared shitless of spiders though. My dad got bit by a brown recluse and it was bad. His entire right leg swelled up and turned red. He didn't even feel the bite, apparently it was in his bed sheets and bit him while he was sleeping, and the next day his leg was HUGE and red. He went to the doctor and they gave him some medicine, and he would've had to have his leg amputated if we waited much longer. The south is full of poisonous spiders like the brown recluse and black widow, so I just freak out every time I see one. I'm even getting chills thinking about them.
"
No one told me about the Brown Recluse until i moved down here. If i ever see one i think my friend up North will be able to here me scream.
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#108  Edited By JackiJinx
zitosilva said:
"JackiJinx said:
"I use to be deathly afraid of sharp objects. Hell, you couldn't have a bread knife sitting on the table pointing in my direction without me freaking out. Since I started my current job, I've been forced to get over that fear.I'm still incredibly afraid of bees and somewhat afraid of heights."
Uh... people keep pointing knifes at you where you work?"
No. I cut food at work. My mom use to purposely point knives at me at dinner for shits and giggles.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By CL60
Carlos1408 said:
"I have a phobia fro swallowing pills, or just swallowing solid objects whole... I just can't stand it, well I just can't do it.
I think it comes from this experience from when I was younger:
I was sick and had a really soar throat(I was about 6 or 7 years old),
I kept moaning and crying about it (in the middle of the night), my mom was trying to give me a spoon fill of honey but I wouldn't have it, and I kept being loud (therefore, woke up my father).
My dad then grabbed the spoon and shoved it down my throat so I'd swallow the honey, I gagged and almost puked. I didn't have honey for years after that... and have not been able to swallow solid objects.
I'm not sure if that's what caused my fear of swallowing pills, but that's what me and my mom think.
LOL
BTW that maggot thing posted by artofwar420 is fucking crazy and disgusting!!!"
I'm the same way, I virtually cannot swallow pills, they simply will not go down my throat.
cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By cc23574

I have a phobia for insects, i mean when i see a insect it's me first then the women and children
I dont know how this is called but I wash my hands like 10 times a day, especially when i'm about to game

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ninjakiller

Don't really have any, though I did get claustrophobic once in this really old bookstore.   It was maybe half the size of one of those big boxstores and had a second floor.  I was up there and the bookcases went all the way to the ceiling.  The shelves weren't laid out in any definite pattern so it really as like you were in a maze.  I got lost in there, and freaked out for a minute, started to get this weird tunnel vision, and ran through the damn thing.  I was out like 45 seconds later, and my brother saw me, and was like "What's wrong with you?" I just shook my head.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#112  Edited By Black_Rose

I'm scared of heights xD

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#113  Edited By the8bitNacho

I don't know if it's really a phobia, but I have severe driving anxiety to the point where I've barely ever driven.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114  Edited By dr_nefarious

My biggest phobia is a common phobia which is arachnophobia (fear of spiders) and my other two biggest phobias are acrophobia (fear of heights) and atychiphobia (fear of failure). I have plenty more. Just one thing me and woody allen have in common.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Linkyshinks
Black_Rose said:
"I'm scared of heights"

Acrophobia, I used to have it myself, but not anymore, I treated my fear with extreme exposure and am now free of it.

I have climbed up to the top of Machu Picchu in Peru, abseiled down 200ft chasms and none of it scares me in the slightest now, in fact I now feel the complete opposite.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#116  Edited By Icemael

I'm afraid of insects, especially flying ones. I am cool with fruit flies, ladybugs and other cute insects, but if a bee or wasp gets anywhere close to me, I panic.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#117  Edited By tekmojo

Used to have a fear of heights, Busch Gardens Williamsburg fixed that. :)

alxhntr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By alxhntr

can't deal with vaccinations or injections etc but i'm fine with tattoos
even talking about injections gets me welling up pretty quickly ha

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By toowalrus

I never really freak out about anything. I certianly don't like spiders crawling on me, but if I see one, I knock it down and step on it.

If I had to pick on thing, it would be the giant centipedes I had to face when I lived in Hawaii... Although, I would hardly call it an irrational fear, those fuckers are huge, and stupid dangerous to boot!

No Caption Provided

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
Lemon said:
"I do not necessarily have a phobia but, (and don't take this the wrong way), the closest thing to one is being afraid of mentally challenged persons. when they are around me, I sometimes get the feeling that they can stab me for no apparent reason and get away with it. You know plead insanity or something of that nature. No offense, but I really do get freaked out when I'm around them. My mom has no problem though, she caters for them sometimes at a hospital."
Until now, I've never heard of anyone else feeling like this, but I have the same issue!  It's really strange, but I think it relates to a couple of uncomfortable experiences I had around mentally challenged people as a child.  I don't actually fear them, but I feel really uncomfortable around them.  If someone can carry on a conversation but comes off sounding a bit like they're ten years old or whatever, that's fine.   Anywhere below that, and I start to feel really uncomfortable.

It's kind of a secret phobia with me as well, as I find the nature of it to sound offensive and embarrassing.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I hate small spaces, but I have no idea why.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By SoothsayerGB
ZombieHunter said:
"ShadowSkill11 said:
"What is a fear of fat women called?"
Rosieodonaldobia"

No Caption Provided

Seriously thou, I have a fear of spiders too.  My old house had a foundation problem that took an entire summer to fix.  There was a huge crack in the floor in the main den.  Guess what migrated up from under the house?  Our house was infested with wolf spiders for a couple months.  All sizes, little to big as my palm.

I used to wake up at night with them crawling on my face and body.    I hated it, as you might expect.  But the worst part was around mid-summer and towards the end of it all.  I seriously think the spider's wised up to me.  They became really bold( or hungry ).  I would be sitting around playing a game and BOOM!  One would crawl up my couch and onto my lap.

You know how most bugs and spiders stop when you get near them?  These didn't...  They didn't give a damn about me and how I was much bigger then them.  They would just mosey on up and crawl right up my shirt.  Got so bad, my mom stayed in a hotel.  The damn things were attacking me. 

My dogs and cats loved it, but me not so much.

I still wake up at night, feeling under the covers for them.  They aren't a problem anymore, thank god.  I just keep finding this big snake down there now.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Snipzor
SoothsayerGB said:
Seriously thou, I have a fear of spiders too.  My old house had a foundation problem that took an entire summer to fix.  There was a huge crack in the floor in the main den.  Guess what migrated up from under the house?  Our house was infested with wolf spiders for a couple months.  All sizes, little to big as my palm.I used to wake up at night with them crawling on my face and body.    I hated it, as you might expect.  But the worst part was around mid-summer and towards the end of it all.  I seriously think the spider's wised up to me.  They became really bold( or hungry ).  I would be sitting around playing a game and BOOM!  One would crawl up my couch and onto my lap.You know how most bugs and spiders stop when you get near them?  These didn't...  They didn't give a damn about me and how I was much bigger then them.  They would just mosey on up and crawl right up my shirt.  Got so bad, my mom stayed in a hotel.  The damn things were attacking me.  My dogs and cats loved it, but me not so much.I still wake up at night, feeling under the covers for them.  They aren't a problem anymore, thank god.  I just keep finding this big snake down there now."
No Caption Provided
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By teptom

Cetipedes freak the shit out of me. There's some pretty big ones that end up in my house. But I guess they're not as big as the ones that are in Hawii though. Jesus.

confinedbread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By confinedbread
@ZombieHunter: 
Are you sure you don't mean a plane filler with snakes?
TheGamerFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#126  Edited By TheGamerFix

I have a fear of antelope's shins and 3 nippled cow udders..... and heights, but that one's just weird....
torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By torus
@Illmatic: I'm afraid of neither of those things :p. 

As someone who's name I forget once said, it's not the heights I'm afraid of. It's the grounds.
Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Steve_Ramirez

yea, that scene in the remake of king kong when they fall in that pit filled with crazy bugs.....omg i would die

Ken420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Ken420

Centipedes.  I can traverse the speed of sound & a sonic boom happens when I see one.

Iyiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Iyiu

expired food mainly milk....

Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Demo

Arachnophobia and I don't know if it includes them, but I hate mosquitos and centipedes, and moths/other weird insects.

And homophobia, not afraid of contagion, but I just find them sad and yucky and don't like one near me.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#132  Edited By vaiz

I don't like/am afraid of heights, large spiders, wasps, bees, general orange insects that can sting/bite you, deep bodies of water, large empty spaces, black coffee, smurfs, awkwardly dispropotionate people, and small children.

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By SumDeus

Ornithophobia for me. Fear of birds.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By ahriman22
@Nude_Dude said:
" dankempster said:
"Nude_Dude said:
"You do all know where "Phobia" comes from, right?"
I'm guessing it's rooted in Greek, from something like "phobos" or "phobum", but I'm not certain about that.

Any chance you could enlighten us, Nude_Dude? A little random knowledge is always useful"

Correct, it is taken straight from the Greek language. "Phobia" or "phobos" are exactly the same thing. Now, for "phobum", you're probably referring to the verb of phobos, which is "phobamai" (= I'm scared of... - Present time-). There are really too many things to talk about based on "phobia", so I'll just stop here.

By the way, many Greek words, like this or Encyclopedia or Gymnasium etc. are being used in English today.

"
I don't see how this really matters at all, other than going "You stupids are using words from my language".

i have severe arachnophobia... Very severe. When I see a spider I stop what I'm doing and I watch it for as long as I can until I decide to kill it. Meanwhile my skin crawls and my heart rate jumps.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#135  Edited By natetodamax
@dankempster said:
" I suffer with arachnophobia. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, and I can tolerate small spiders, but anything bigger than a large coin and I'm outta there! "
Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anatidaephobia - fear that I am being watched by a Duck

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#137  Edited By beargirl1
@natetodamax said:
" @dankempster said:
" I suffer with arachnophobia. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, and I can tolerate small spiders, but anything bigger than a large coin and I'm outta there! "
"
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Brendan

I think almost everybody who said they have a phobia in this thread has no idea how serious a phobia is.  Most of you do NOT have a phobia.  It's just like what Ryan said back on the podcast with everybody saying they're "addicted" to something they're really not.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ArchScabby

I have a phobia of getting a phobia.  I mean what if I was all of a sudden terrorfied of something for no reason?  Oh man, I can't even leave my room, but I have to leave my room, what if staying in my room all day makes me scared of closed places, but if I leave what if that makes me scared of the outdoors?  What if it's raining, I don't want to get scared of rain I love rain, but if it starts raining I might develop a  phobia of rain! 

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#140  Edited By sjschmidt93

Yellow tape.

JohnnyAutoFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By JohnnyAutoFire

This motherfucker has haunted my dreams for years, and I'm not kidding: 

Would you call that pooh-phobia?
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Gmanall

I am deathly afraid sponges and hiccups.

Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Alphonzo

I'm vomit-phobic

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#144  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Theres already a thread on this,cant remember where or who started it.....

Anyway,i have a small dose of ''Fear Of Water''.

I cant dive =/

leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#145  Edited By leky1

Hornets scare me!

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#146  Edited By JonathanMoore

Spiders and my Health. Like if one thing is wrong with me, I instantly freak out.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By eclipsesis

(I'm so going to regret doing this) I have a phobia, of the female Vagina, its ugly as fuck. I said this too my girlfriend, obviously  she wasn't happy with me for a long time after.

Hey its a weird dislike but each to their own right.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By teh_destroyer

I have a fear of deep water and sugar ants.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Mushir

I don't like big insects or bugs. I mean I'm fine when looking at them, but if one of 'em is on my body, I'm gonna go freakin' crazy! No problems with spiders though.

And I fucking hate frogs!

zorzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By zorzer

massive fear of jelly fish