Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) 8 months, 17 days ago

Poll: Are you guilty of eating then touching things (e.g. an ipad) with your dirty dirty hands? (122 votes)

yes 57%
no 43%

It bugs me so much when people do this. Touching laptops, keyboards, iPads, etc with their greasy hands...ugh.

And on a semi related note, Jeff's habit of touching the bottom of his shoe is also something that's difficult to get over (for me).

#1 Posted by Video_Game_King (35811 posts) -

The only things I touch after eating are people who touch things after eating. I must mark off their dirty sins for all to see.

#2 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (352 posts) -

I don't tend to eat without using utensils so that isn't much of a problem. But in the cases where I do use my hands, of course I wash them before messing with other stuff. I like my things to stay clean.

#3 Posted by AMyggen (2460 posts) -

Yup, I do this way too often. Not a good habit at all. My tablt screen is all dirty all the time :(

#4 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

I should also mention that the bomb crew does this all the time as displayed during snack segments (even some finger licking occurs -_- ).

#5 Posted by ikilledthedj (279 posts) -

i am not an animal sir!

#6 Posted by joshwent (2050 posts) -

No way! I make sure to lick my fingers clean every time.

#7 Edited by Brodehouse (9518 posts) -

I don't care if I make my things dirty. Especially with my personal dirt. I don't allow myself to make other people's things dirty or for other people to dirty my things, though.

Also, if you wear glasses for 27 years, you eventually get used to the idea that no matter how much grease and film and dust you get on your glass surface, it'll wipe off.

#8 Posted by Itwongo (1099 posts) -

Most of the food I eat ain't greasy. If it is, pants.

#9 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5125 posts) -

I have ocd. So no.

#10 Edited by BaconBits (56 posts) -

Yep, and vice-versa, touching my dirty dirty ipad, phone, laptop etc. then eating something before remembering to wash my hands.

#11 Posted by falserelic (5271 posts) -

I'm sure Frank Yang touched alot of things, Unchain your mind, loose yourself from intimidation, set yourself free, let your mind go.

#12 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

Generally when I eat, use a knife and fork. If I'm eating something that doesn't require a knife and fork, it'll be something that doesn't leave a mess behind on my fingers.

#13 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@mattyftm said:

Generally when I eat, use a knife and fork. If I'm eating something that doesn't require a knife and fork, it'll be something that doesn't leave a mess behind on my fingers.

No chips? Even fruits leave a sticky mess, man.

#14 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (526 posts) -

Sometimes while I'm watching something on the PC. I'll just use my non-eating hand to move the mouse or whatever I've got to do during eating.

#15 Edited by Tennmuerti (7956 posts) -

No, I am not a fucking monster.

#16 Edited by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

Yes but I try my hardest not to, I just forget to wipe/lick a finger and its all over, I'll be very particular with the new hardware coming but I know I'll get something Taco Bell related on the controller sooner or later. I hate myself.

#17 Posted by afabs515 (1003 posts) -

Haha of course not... WHO AM I KIDDING!? YES! OH GOD! I try, but I just can't stop! And then I feel dirty immediately afterwards!

#18 Posted by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

Yes, I often enjoy a sandwich while masturbating.

#19 Posted by Capum15 (4790 posts) -

I only type/use the mouse with the fingers I didn't use to eat. So ring and pinky for a few minutes before I go wash my hands.

Other than that, nope.

#20 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5169 posts) -

I wouldn't with a tablet or whatever for obvious reasons, using a keyboard or a mouse with non dirty hands is next to impossible though (and if you manage to do that you're probably a neurotic fuckstick); oftentimes the mouse/keyboard becomes more dirty than anything you could possibly eat. You rest your hand on your mouse for hours sometimes, of course its going to be dirty.

#21 Posted by Brendan (7666 posts) -

My phone is infrequently abused by the above mentioned practice, only because it is around my hands so much that it just happens eventually.

#22 Edited by MonetaryDread (1987 posts) -

I am a breatharian, so this is a non-issue for me. All you silly people eating your food and drinking water are killing yourselves slowly. I have gone twenty years living only on the photons provided by our generous sun. =)

#23 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

Look at the results for the poll, you savages.

#24 Posted by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

Yes, I often enjoy a sandwich while masturbating.

I prefer buffalo wings. With the bone, I'm no baby.

#25 Posted by Clonedzero (4040 posts) -

yeah, but i generally dont eat alot of stuff that gets stuff on other stuff.

Like i got made fun of yesterday for eating Smart Food (the popcorn) with a spoon cus i didnt want the powder stuff on my hands.

But if i'm eating a sandwich then whats the big deal?

#26 Posted by audioBusting (1461 posts) -

The cats keep licking my headset and wires so I'm guessing yes.

#27 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

Nope. I always wash my hands after I eat something.

#28 Posted by RioStarwind (478 posts) -

I try to not use a tablet/controller while eating but sometimes I manage to do it anyway.

#29 Edited by TobbRobb (4554 posts) -

I eat with a knife and fork like a civilized person. But in the eventuality that my fingers get dirty, I wash them off before touching... Anything.

#30 Posted by benspyda (2015 posts) -

I am eating a pikelet and typing this message on my computer right now.

#31 Posted by DeadeyeMcCoy (246 posts) -

My last keyboard got so abysmally filthy that I just threw it out and bought a new one to eventually ruin.

#32 Posted by Monkeyman04 (998 posts) -

Don't own an Ipad, but I do an Iphone and yes I sometimes do touch it with my dirty dirty fingers.

#33 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Did you know that you have over a kilo of LIVING bacteria in you at all times? You can only wash that away with a gallon of bleach.

#34 Edited by Hunter5024 (5506 posts) -

Only for foods that don't feel dirty. Like a sandwich. I would never do it with something messy like a Donut or Pizza.

#35 Edited by kerse (2100 posts) -

I mean, if we're talking my entire life, then yes absolutely I am guilty. But its something I try to avoid at all times.

#36 Posted by PandaBear (1295 posts) -

I shit directly into my hand, make a fist and punch anyone that comes near me EVERYTIME I go to the food court at my local shopping centre.

#37 Edited by Morningstar (2127 posts) -

I don't have dirty hands.

#38 Posted by Strife777 (1490 posts) -

I try my goddamn best, but if I'm at my computer and I feel like eating chips, I'll eat some chips!

I always try to have something to wipe my hands on when I'm eating something, just in case.

#39 Posted by Tajasaurus (783 posts) -

Nah. I wipe my hands on my pants like a gentleman.

#40 Edited by warpig87 (38 posts) -

After eating yes. With greasy hands, no. If my hands are greasy I'll wipe them.

I go fucking ape shit when I use the computers at Uni and they're greasy. Fucking animals.

#41 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1287 posts) -

I wash my hands if they are truly gross, but if I am eating something simple like a bagel I do not care

#42 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

I tend to always wash my hands before touching my Macbook Pro, my PS3 controller or anything for that matter. I like to keep my stuff clean and in good condition.

#43 Posted by bunkerbuster05 (453 posts) -

I'm eating something as I type this.

Just to spite you.

#44 Posted by Imst (61 posts) -

I also do that, not washing my hands after eating greasy foods and touch things, well i can wipe them off after :D

#45 Posted by ajamafalous (11809 posts) -

No, it's fucking gross. I can't stand it when other people do that.

#46 Edited by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Not really. I mean, sometimes I would try to use the least covered finger to tap the left mouse button to start a movie or play the next episode of a TV show I was watching. I would never just full on grab something like that if my hands were covered in food residue. I would lick them clean with my tongue or wipe them on my pants or some kind of wash cloth and then grab the thing.

#47 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Can't be guilty of what I don't do. Wipe up, motherfuckers.

#48 Posted by Imst (61 posts) -

Well, you can wipe it if it will stick on the things you touch :D

#49 Edited by AndrewB (7439 posts) -

I'm guilty of doing far more dirty things, then touching my computer/keyboard. But I suppose that depends on what you consider to be dirty. I actually find food to be a greater offender.

#50 Posted by Splodge (1027 posts) -

I pretty much use my tablet as a plate sometimes. I often rest a muffin on it or use it as a tray whilst rolling tobacco.