Are you tolerant of gay boys?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Donk

Do you guys think that video gamers are more or less tolerant of gay men than the rest of the population? I think it's an interesting question because as video gamers we're already somewhat on the fringe and if we're in here on Giantbomb I would say that we're not even the average video gamers putting us really out there. 

So, as people that are already on the outside of normal society do we also cast out gays? Especially gay boys? My boyfriend and I love each other and video games but it seems like if we go to an E-Bash people really just hate us there. 

One time I gave him a kiss and was kind of massaging his chest under his short for just a moment and not only did the guys running it kick us out he asked if the three other guys there were comfortable with us being there. :P

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RsistncE

Wow. Just wow.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

Stop posting this shit...

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By buzz_clik

I've got no problem with gay guys, but if a dude wears his shorts on his chest we've got a problem.

If, however, you were meaning 'shirt', then there's still somewhat of an issue. I think if I was just sitting at a café and I decided to slip my hand under my girlfriend's shirt and start massaging her chest in front of everybody, normal society would still frown upon it. I don't think it's a sexual preference thing... I think it's just a matter of decorum.

P.S. I'm still not conviced as to your non-trolliness.

Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Donk
@buzz_clik said:
" I've got no problem with gay guys, but if a dude wears his shorts on his chest we've got a problem.  If, however, you were meaning 'shirt', then there's still somewhat of a problem. I think if I was just sitting at a café and I decided to slip my hand under my girlfriend's shirt and start massaging her chest in front of everybody, normal society would still frown upon it. I don't think it's a sexual preference thing... I think it's just a matter of decorum. "
I'll agree that it may have been a little awkward but you've never seen high school kids making out at a coffeehouse?
Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Donk
@natetodamax said:
" @CL60 said:
" Stop posting this shit... "
"
Why is it shit? It's just  question.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By gingertastic_10

Gay people are fine. I have a handful of close family members who are gay. I have no problem with it. I can't say the same for most of my friends though.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy

LOL, I've actually never seen kids making out in public places like pizza shops or coffee shops before. Maybe it's just the way we do things here (Nova Scotia), I dunno. That would be really awkward.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CactusWolf

Personally, I've got no problems with gay people. (That'd be hypocritical.) 

A lot of homophobes in the world though. It is what it is, I guess. Just depends on your environment.
I mean, I'm part of an extremely racist and homophobic family, in a neighborhood that echoes that sentiment. 
Fortunately, I'm an exception.

Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Donk
@xyzygy said:
" LOL, I've actually never seen kids making out in public places like pizza shops or coffee shops before. Maybe it's just the way we do things here (Nova Scotia), I dunno. That would be really awkward. "
Possibly. I've just noticed it. I mean it wasn't like we were even open mouth kissing. I was just kind of nuzzling his beard and our lips may have touched like once. The chest massaging may have been more forward though.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@natetodamax said:
" @CL60 said:
"
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKlorox

I'm intolerant with people using the phrase "gay boys". If they've reached puberty, they're not to be considered "boys" anymore. I'm also intolerant of people making spectacles of themselves in public. I'm also intolerant with the use of the word "intolerant" to describe simple "dislike."

Intolerance isn't the concept I would actually use with any of those things though. I just don't like them. When they happen, I tolerate them, same as most everybody else; and offer my opinion if asked.

If people didn't tolerate these things, they would have them stop. Quite a difference between tolerate and like.

Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Donk
@wordsgohere said:
" Personally, I've got no problems with gay people. (That'd be hypocritical.)   A lot of homophobes in the world though. It is what it is, I guess. Just depends on your environment. I mean, I'm part of an extremely racist and homophobic family, in a neighborhood that echoes that sentiment.  Fortunately, I'm an exception. "
Well that's the thing though. Have you noticed more or less homophobes on video game forums like Giant Bomb? It just sucks because I've noticed lots of hate from video gamers which I consider myself one of.
Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
@Chaser324 said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @CL60 said:
"
"

Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Donk
@MrKlorox said:
" I'm intolerant with people using the phrase "gay boys". If they've reached puberty, they're not to be considered "boys" anymore. I'm also intolerant of people making spectacles of themselves in public. I'm also intolerant with the use of the word "intolerant" to describe simple "dislike." Intolerance isn't the concept I would actually use with any of those things though. I just don't like them. When they happen, I tolerate them, same as most everybody else; and offer my opinion if asked.  If people didn't tolerate these things, they would have them stop. Quite a difference between tolerate and like. "
Well I just use boys in the same way that I use girls for women that are like under my mom's age. I use "men" in my OP anyways. :P 

So, yeah, semantics aside, do you see dislike then more on video game forums like Giant Bomb?
Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By captain_clayman

i don't give a fuck.  personally, i think it's gross.  but i don't care, it doesn't effect me.

Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Donk
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Claude

Go For It... I don't care.
Go For It... I don't care.
CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CactusWolf
@Donk said:
" @wordsgohere said:
" Personally, I've got no problems with gay people. (That'd be hypocritical.)   A lot of homophobes in the world though. It is what it is, I guess. Just depends on your environment. I mean, I'm part of an extremely racist and homophobic family, in a neighborhood that echoes that sentiment.  Fortunately, I'm an exception. "
Well that's the thing though. Have you noticed more or less homophobes on video game forums like Giant Bomb? It just sucks because I've noticed lots of hate from video gamers which I consider myself one of. "
Just like anywhere else, it's a toss up. There are a lot of people that play games. 
All sorts of opinions. Just depends on who you're communicating with.

Also, as in Buzz's case, I'm not convinced that you're not a troll.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#20  Edited By citizenkane

*facepalm*

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Donk, you may or may not be gay, frankly I don't care, and I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people on GB don't care. We hate you for completely different reasons that have nothing to do with your sexual orientation.