• 61 results
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

Okay the trailer is up on Apple.com/trailers. go check it out. I can't to see how good it looks in 3D.  

Here are some screen shots from the trailer: 

this movie is going to rake in the technical awards. 
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

...if anyone posts a fake trailer to fuck with me again, mark my words...I will have furry worse than MB and CaseyWegner put together.  Do NOT post a fake trailer...been waiting for this movie since 2001.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Damian
@KaosAngel:  
Just 1h:15m remain. 
[link] 

I'm more excited about The Last Airbender, personally. But a new Cameron SF movie can't be too bad a thing.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Tireyo

Like the visuals. Maybe it'll be good.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaosAngel
@Tireyo643 said:
" Like the visuals. Maybe it'll be good. "
...maybe it'll be good?  He's been working on this movie well before Titanic came out...it won't "maybe" be good.  It's going to change the film industry as we know it.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGremp

Looks pretty sweet.  I've already stayed up this late for the Endurance Run, may as well stay up another hour for this trailer.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany
@KaosAngel said:
" @Tireyo643 said:
...maybe it'll be good?  He's been working on this movie well before Titanic came out...it won't "maybe" be good.  It's going to change the film industry as we know it. "
Now your setting youself up for failure. 

I have been off and on following this movie for amybe a year and a half and I'm excited. For others it has been much longer then taht, maybe four years for the film to get a picture or even a trailer.

I have extremely high expectations but I don't expect it to change everything, that would b insane. Heh, just wait in an one hour when i take everything back!
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tireyo
@KaosAngel said:
" @Tireyo643 said:
...maybe it'll be good?  He's been working on this movie well before Titanic came out...it won't "maybe" be good.  It's going to change the film industry as we know it. "
Perhaps it will and perhaps it won't be successful. We'll see what happens, and see if the hard work paid off.
Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

ah, god bless the server crash at apple. the trailer fails to load XD

did they NOT see this coming?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

What the fuck is this shit?  It looks like a fucking video game...what the fuck. 

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Scooper
@KaosAngel said:
" @Tireyo643 said:
@KaosAngel said:
" What the fuck is this shit?  It looks like a fucking video game...what the fuck.  "
Hhaha this made me chuckle a bit.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KaosAngel
@Scooper said:

" @KaosAngel said:

" @Tireyo643 said:
@KaosAngel said:
" What the fuck is this shit?  It looks like a fucking video game...what the fuck.  "
Hhaha this made me chuckle a bit. "
Dude...Killzone 2 looks better than the humans in the trailer.  WTF?!

EDIT:  FRENCH TRAILER
VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By VWGTI
@KaosAngel said:
lol
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By zombie2011
@VWGTI said:
" @KaosAngel said:
lol "
Exactly what the hell has he been doing all these years. District 9 has better visuals.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KaosAngel
@zombie2011 said:
" @VWGTI said:
" @KaosAngel said:
lol "
Exactly what the hell has he been doing all these years. District 9 has better visuals. "
Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII look better than this.  What the hell, James Carmon said he's been working on this before Titanic.  I was laughing my ass off at the human CGI...Killzone 2 INGAME looks better than this.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mordukai

Seeing how I watched the EA E3 press Conference I feel like I already watched this movie... ;) 
All joking aside I must say this movie has me interest. 

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShaneDev

I wonder if it can beat district 9 for best sc fi movie of 2009 

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@KaosAngel said:
" @Tireyo643 said:
No movie can live up to this kind of hype.
That will ultimately ruin this movie. 
No one has even seen a FUCKING teaser yet and there already people as excited as you.
Dont get me wrong this movie may be good but, it will not be the second coming of christ.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dany
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By Hamst3r
@KaosAngel said:
"I was laughing my ass off at the human CGI...Killzone 2 INGAME looks better than this. "

Which shot in the Avatar trailer are you talking about? Pick a time. :)
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By flaminghobo

Personally I thought the CG looked amazing, let's hope the film is able to stand up on its own without the 3D effects.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KaosAngel
@Hamst3r said:
" @KaosAngel said:
"I was laughing my ass off at the human CGI...Killzone 2 INGAME looks better than this. "
  Which shot in the Avatar trailer are you talking about? Pick a time. :) "
When he's coming out of the wheel chair...and when they fire their guns at the aliens. 
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dany

I personally thought everything looked great, better then any cartoon or videogame that has come out.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tireyo
@KaosAngel: You ain't a happy camper! : - P
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By penguindust
@KaosAngel: Thanks for the link.  Apple one still down. 

$300 million dollars for this?  It looks like the Dark Crystal.  Well, it better be pretty fucking amazing in 3D, because in 2D it just looks like a prettier version of Battle for Terra.  

So far I am more interested in Astroboy, The Princess & the Frog, 9 and The Fantastic Mr. Fox.  I'm not going to say that any of them looks as nice as Avatar, but from my impressions of the story so far, all of these other films look more entertaining.  And on top of all those, there is Where the Wild Things Are which looks stellar and I know has an awesome story.

Don't get me wrong.  I'll see Avatar on blu-ray eventually, but that means it will likely be 2D and if a gimmick like 3D is the difference between what makes it great and what keeps it average, then I'm really not missing much in the long run.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Ineedaname

The day I can't tell it's actually CG will be when I think wow, to me that's just another high budget movie, that doesn't look all that good. Maybe that's because of what I was expecting but either way.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By Hamst3r
@KaosAngel said:
" @Hamst3r said:
" @KaosAngel said:
  Which shot in the Avatar trailer are you talking about? Pick a time. :) "
When he's coming out of the wheel chair...and when they fire their guns at the aliens.  "
Ah. :)

I know the guy in the wheelchair is a live actor, though the people in the background might be CG - a few do look a bit fake, though the marine types standing closer to the guy in the wheelchair seem like live actors too. As for when they're using the guns in the helicopter thing, those are live actors with plastic guns. :P

I've spotted a few bad effects in the trailer, but the worst one has to be when the guy gets pulled out of the helicopter by the flying dragon thing. Lots of sloppy fringes between the cg dragon and live action person until he's thrown, at which point he's swapped for a CG model.

Overall though, we're talking about really inconsequential stuff here. The stuff that matters looks great.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HandsomeDead

As a teaser, that promised a lot of good stuff and I completely believe James Cameron can deliver. I'm now more excited for Avatar than i've ever been.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ververdan0226

It's definitely a good teaser. The  CGI is absolutely gorgeous, but it looks a little more... animated  thhan I thought it would. Still great though. My only hope is that acting and good story don't fall by the wayside to the special effects. Though, knowing it's a James Cameron movie I'm not too worried.

Progman9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Progman9000

So... Can anyone explain to me what's supposed to be going on.  All I can gather is that there's bunch of people and then nightelves show up and then everyone's fighting and then the trailer's all like "peace!" and ends.  Did a dude get merged with one of those blue creatures?

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you know what the word AVATAR means it will all make sense ¬¬

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dany
@mjwyoshi64 said:
" So... Can anyone explain to me what's supposed to be going on.  All I can gather is that there's bunch of people and then nightelves show up and then everyone's fighting and then the trailer's all like "peace!" and ends.  Did a dude get merged with one of those blue creatures? "
Sam Worthingtons dna and na'vi(the blue alien) are merged and that blue guy running around is basically his "avatar". Planet is Pandora, the atmosphere is toxix, reason for the avatar since it give humans ablilty to breath on the planet. He meets up with a female na'vi, they attract. humans want to use planet for personal gain, na'vi want them to leave.....epic battles
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Meowayne
@Dany said:
Sam Worthingtons dna and na'vi (the blue alien) are merged

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TwoOneFive
Dude, this movie is OOOZZZING with awesomeness. i can't wait to see it now. wow.  
this is just the kind of movie i've been waiting for. 

@ververdan0226
said:

"  It's definitely a good teaser. The  CGI is absolutely gorgeous, but it looks a little more... animated  thhan I thought it would. Still great though. My only hope is that acting and good story don't fall by the wayside to the special effects. Though, knowing it's a James Cameron movie I'm not too worried. "

from what James Cameron has been saying, the CG is done well enough that you dont notice it and the story is and always has been the main focus of the film. as is with any great sci-fi movie.  

the CGI aliens do look fucking amazing. i mean wow. I wish they could go back and redo all of the Lord of the Rings movies with this tech. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TwoOneFive

i uploaded some sweet screen shots. 

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By teh_destroyer

Considering its directed by James Cameron, I will be there opening night.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TwoOneFive
        @teh_destroyer said:
" Considering its directed by James Cameron, I will be there opening night. "
i agree, Titanic is one of the best movies ever made yet its mind boggling how many people say OH I HATE THAT THAT MOVIE SUCKS! its bullshit. everyone was glued to the screen when they saw that movie. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Dany said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Tireyo643 said:
Now your setting youself up for failure.   I have been off and on following this movie for amybe a year and a half and I'm excited. For others it has been much longer then taht, maybe four years for the film to get a picture or even a trailer.  I have extremely high expectations but I don't expect it to change everything, that would b insane. Heh, just wait in an one hour when i take everything back! "
nah i dont think it will change, or completely evolve the industry. it will show how CG, and 3D is are no longer gimmicks. 
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By teh_destroyer
@TwoOneFive said:
"         @teh_destroyer said:
i agree, Titanic is one of the best movies ever made yet its mind boggling how many people say OH I HATE THAT THAT MOVIE SUCKS! its bullshit. everyone was glued to the screen when they saw that movie.  "
They hate it because they thought that Leonardo Dicaprio was a pussy in the movie. He got Cameron Diaz (sp?) 
naked in it so he is a champ in my book. Plus he also directed Aliens and True Lies, and Predator I believe. So what could possibly go wrong with this title?
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HandsomeDead
@teh_destroyer said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

"          @teh_destroyer said:
i agree, Titanic is one of the best movies ever made yet its mind boggling how many people say OH I HATE THAT THAT MOVIE SUCKS! its bullshit. everyone was glued to the screen when they saw that movie.  "
They hate it because they thought that Leonardo Dicaprio was a pussy in the movie. He got Cameron Diaz (sp?) naked in it so he is a champ in my book. Plus he also directed Aliens and True Lies, and Predator I believe. So what could possibly go wrong with this title? "
1. Cameron Diaz was not in Titanic. Kate Winslet was.
2. James Cameron has no involvement with Predator. That was directed by John McTiernan who also did Die Hard.
TyphoonSwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TyphoonSwell

Spooky! I thought he said "hot alien chick" but blue lady is scary.....

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By teh_destroyer
@HandsomeDead said:
" @teh_destroyer said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

They hate it because they thought that Leonardo Dicaprio was a pussy in the movie. He got Cameron Diaz (sp?) naked in it so he is a champ in my book. Plus he also directed Aliens and True Lies, and Predator I believe. So what could possibly go wrong with this title? "
1. Cameron Diaz was not in Titanic. Kate Winslet was. 2. James Cameron has no involvement with Predator. That was directed by John McTiernan who also did Die Hard. "
got ya, I haven't seen Titanic since I was maybe 13 >_>
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TwoOneFive
@teh_destroyer said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

that was not cameron diaz it was kate winslet.  
Predator?! i dunno, but he did do Aliens and Terminator 2. yeah this guy even made some excellent documentaries over the last decade. this move WILL deliver.  

anyways, this images prove that this film has CG Photorealism: 
2hh0vbs.jpg
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tekmojo

Dude.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Scooper

Like James Cameron's last movie Titanic, this will just be another over budget, over hyped mediocre movie.

Also the aliens look dumb. They could at least of made them look cool. They look like a mix between a Zora and a Night Elf.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pause422

This looks incredibly stupid to me...

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Al3xand3r

I liked it, up until the shitty alien species design. No thank you, James.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Al3xand3r said:

" I liked it, up until the shitty alien species design. No thank you, James. "  

okay so name me one excellent alien design?! because as far as im concerned every fucking alien in every movie looks ridiculous. these aliens actually look decent to me. its okay for LOTR to have fungus people running around and thats GREAT! but these look shitty?! please.  
   that looks fucking awesome to me.  

@Scooper said:

" Like James Cameron's last movie Titanic, this will just be another over budget, over hyped mediocre movie.  Also the aliens look dumb. They could at least of made them look cool. They look like a mix between a Zora and a Night Elf. "

uh. yeah. okay. overhyped and mediocre. thats EXACTLY what Titanic was. SUURREE. 
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ParanoidFreak

The trailer left me a little disappointed, but I'm still seeing this day one. I have faith in James Cameron, and the general idea of the story seems solid.

Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vecta

I thought it looked great, you can tell Camerons gone for more expressive faces in the alien designs.