Barack Obama- the greatest gun salesman in American history?

• 161 results
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Commando

I remember the day Obama was elected. I called my dad as soon as it was announced, and the first thing he said to me was not, "We're fucked", but instead it was, "Son, we're buying you some new guns while we still can". Since then, he's bought me two new guns. The first was for my birthday, a few days before christmas. It was a 30-06 Springfield. It confused me because I already had a .308 Winchester, which is basically the same rifle as a 30-06, except the .30-06 is a lighter weight, but a higher velocity. The second gun was a few weeks ago. It was a Browning Silver Stalker, and I chose the 12 Gauge instead of the 20 gauge since I already have the smaller 20 Gauge for quails, and I could use the larger 12 Gauge for ducks. A Browning, arguably the best shotgun brand(against Berelli), and costs over $1000, making it the most expensive(not the most valuable) gun in our collection.

Well now he's talking about ANOTHER one. I told him I don't need any more guns, because I have just about every size and type of gun you'd need to take down any size game you'll find in North America, but he's just worried we'll lose our right some time in the next 4 years. It's funny, because his latest excuse is, "well what if you decide to take a hunting trip to Africa later in your life? You'll need something a little bigger for that, like a .455". 

Well, this got me thinking. So I went to google and typed in "Barack Obama gun" to see if he plans on doing anything about our 2nd amendment any time soon. I couldn't find anything recent about that, but instead I found a lot of sites that basically say, "Barack Obama fuels gun buying boom with pledge to tighten laws". I think this is completely true. We're buying guns, and a lot of my friends are buying guns because we're all worried about restrictions/taxes that Obama might place on them. 

Now Obama never planned on banning the sale of all guns, but he planned on taxing the hell out of ammunition, and heavily restricting any center-fire firearm, because he stupidly thought all center-fire firearms are armor-piercing. 

So what's to make of this? Obama has announced plans to do almost everything else that he promised in his campaign, but I haven't heard him even say the word firearm or second amendment. I've heard some senators talking about the gun traffic to Mexico, but the NRA talked some sense into them because they were blaming our loose gun laws, and the NRA proved that this wasn't true. Has he changed his mind? Forgotten? Or is he just too busy right now? I think it's just not one of his priorities at the moment, but as of right now he's done just the opposite of what he wanted in the gun perspective. The fear of losing our 2nd Amendment has made us think that we should stock up while we still have the right. 

So thank you President Obama. Now I have 2 more guns that I probably wouldn't have, because of the promises you made regarding our 2nd Amendment in your campaign.

Edit: I'm laughing at the people who gave me a -7 rating just because of the fact that when Obama was elected, people went out and bought more guns. It's a fucking fact. The rating system is for trolling, flaming, spam, etc. This doesn't fall into any of those categories, it's a fucking blog.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Commando

I remember the day Obama was elected. I called my dad as soon as it was announced, and the first thing he said to me was not, "We're fucked", but instead it was, "Son, we're buying you some new guns while we still can". Since then, he's bought me two new guns. The first was for my birthday, a few days before christmas. It was a 30-06 Springfield. It confused me because I already had a .308 Winchester, which is basically the same rifle as a 30-06, except the .30-06 is a lighter weight, but a higher velocity. The second gun was a few weeks ago. It was a Browning Silver Stalker, and I chose the 12 Gauge instead of the 20 gauge since I already have the smaller 20 Gauge for quails, and I could use the larger 12 Gauge for ducks. A Browning, arguably the best shotgun brand(against Berelli), and costs over $1000, making it the most expensive(not the most valuable) gun in our collection.

Well now he's talking about ANOTHER one. I told him I don't need any more guns, because I have just about every size and type of gun you'd need to take down any size game you'll find in North America, but he's just worried we'll lose our right some time in the next 4 years. It's funny, because his latest excuse is, "well what if you decide to take a hunting trip to Africa later in your life? You'll need something a little bigger for that, like a .455". 

Well, this got me thinking. So I went to google and typed in "Barack Obama gun" to see if he plans on doing anything about our 2nd amendment any time soon. I couldn't find anything recent about that, but instead I found a lot of sites that basically say, "Barack Obama fuels gun buying boom with pledge to tighten laws". I think this is completely true. We're buying guns, and a lot of my friends are buying guns because we're all worried about restrictions/taxes that Obama might place on them. 

Now Obama never planned on banning the sale of all guns, but he planned on taxing the hell out of ammunition, and heavily restricting any center-fire firearm, because he stupidly thought all center-fire firearms are armor-piercing. 

So what's to make of this? Obama has announced plans to do almost everything else that he promised in his campaign, but I haven't heard him even say the word firearm or second amendment. I've heard some senators talking about the gun traffic to Mexico, but the NRA talked some sense into them because they were blaming our loose gun laws, and the NRA proved that this wasn't true. Has he changed his mind? Forgotten? Or is he just too busy right now? I think it's just not one of his priorities at the moment, but as of right now he's done just the opposite of what he wanted in the gun perspective. The fear of losing our 2nd Amendment has made us think that we should stock up while we still have the right. 

So thank you President Obama. Now I have 2 more guns that I probably wouldn't have, because of the promises you made regarding our 2nd Amendment in your campaign.

Edit: I'm laughing at the people who gave me a -7 rating just because of the fact that when Obama was elected, people went out and bought more guns. It's a fucking fact. The rating system is for trolling, flaming, spam, etc. This doesn't fall into any of those categories, it's a fucking blog.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Guns are the causes of wars, murders, and animal extinction. I wouldn't mind guns being used for self defense or hunting, but GAME?! You're going to destroy deer, bear, or other species if you do that, man! Sorry for sounding like a green-loving fagget, but it's the damn truth. Game isn't good.

Just hunt animals for food instead. It's natural and follows the food chain. Doing game is murder.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax
Tru3_Blu3 said:
"Guns are the causes of wars, murders, and animal extinction. I wouldn't mind guns being used for self defense or hunting, but GAME?! You're going to destroy deer, bear, or other species if you do that, man! Sorry for sounding like a green-loving fagget, but it's the damn truth. Game isn't good.Just hunt animals for food instead. It's natural and follows the food chain. Doing game is murder."
You obviously don't understand what the term "game" means. All animals are considered game, regardless of whether or not they are hunted for food.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Commando
natetodamax said:
"Tru3_Blu3 said:
"Guns are the causes of wars, murders, and animal extinction. I wouldn't mind guns being used for self defense or hunting, but GAME?! You're going to destroy deer, bear, or other species if you do that, man! Sorry for sounding like a green-loving fagget, but it's the damn truth. Game isn't good.Just hunt animals for food instead. It's natural and follows the food chain. Doing game is murder."
You obviously don't understand what the term "game" means. All animals are considered game, regardless of whether or not they are hunted for food."
Yeah... I was about to say the same thing. We eat most of what we shoot, and give the rest to our neighbors.
And guns don't cause war or cause murders. People do. War and murder happened way before guns were invented. 
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

I would consider myself an independent, political wise, and one of the main reasons is regarding the second amendment. Through Boy Scouts and trips I have attended over many years, I have grown acquainted with shotguns, rifles, pistols, even the occasional assault rifle. I don't actually own anything but if Obama is actually going to restrict gun sales, I should get on that soon. Keep in mind, I don't do any of this for hunting; I just enjoy targets and skeet shooting. There really isn't anything wrong with that. Also, considering we all here play first person shooters and the like, shouldn't you actually know how one of those guns feel and sound? It just makes the experience that much more cohesive.

@ the TC: a 30-06 is a pretty awesome gun. I don't know if you need two, but I shot one once and that has a fierce kick.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Snipzor

Does it matter, the exact same thing happened with Clinton, a bunch of paranoid people thinking their "right" to own a gun is going to be destroyed because some regulations that would hardly affect might be put in place.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

Well...Rahm Emanuel did specifically say that he was going to ban assault rifles again, so I think a direct threat validates some paranoia.

That's why the price of AR-15s have gone from $750 to $1300. They are selling like hotcakes because people want them before they are illegal.

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Tru3_Blu3 said:
So hunting season in Wisconsin is the equivalent of Auschwitz?

I'm not sure, but I think killing a person is slightly different than killing an animal.
Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

Wait a second here people- Didn't the Supreme Court just overturn the precedent they had set for like 100 some years regarding the second amendment?  Like for the first time ever, they came out and said that owning a gun is your right and the government cannot place severe restrictions on it.  If anything, expect more powerful guns to be on sale for civilian use.  If you wait, chances are you won't just be able to kill the deer but cleave it in 2, make its skull explode, etc.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JoelTGM

lol hillbillies

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crunchUK

Honestly i have no idea as to why guns are so readily available in the USA. All it does is increase the chance of you getting shot in some robbery or crazy shooting by a thousand

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

or maybe it decreases the chance because criminals will think twice before robbing someone if they know that more people have guns.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK
lilburtonboy7489 said:
"or maybe it decreases the chance because criminals will think twice before robbing someone if they know that more people have guns. "
Or maybe they'll decide to rob somewhere because they have a gun. There's a thread on a shooting that happened yesterday ffs.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#15  Edited By AgentJ
lilburtonboy7489 said:
"or maybe it decreases the chance because criminals will think twice before robbing someone if they know that more people have guns. "
Thats a fair way to look at it, but if you can find a statistic that shows the number of robberies prevented versus the number of accidental deaths due to guns, i can almost guarantee that the accidental deaths will be much higher.

But really, Obama has said no such thing about restricting weapons sales. It's just guys like Bill'o, Rush, and Hannity that tell their constituants these things to rile them up. I have many conservative values, and don't mind the conservative ideals that i don't agree with, but that Republican party needs to disown those inflammatory commentators and dumb as nails politicians(Palin cough cough)
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By natetodamax

I think everyone should stock up on as many weapons as they can and have the biggest most bad ass Team Deathmatch ever.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgentJ
natetodamax said:
"I think everyone should stock up on as many weapons as they can and have the biggest most bad ass Team Deathmatch ever."
Lol, and if you lose you die. That sounds awesome
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Jayge_
crunchUK said:
"lilburtonboy7489 said:
Or maybe they'll decide to rob somewhere because they have a gun. There's a thread on a shooting that happened yesterday ffs."
So, we should all evolve into higher-class British citizens like you and use knives? ;-)
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgentJ
Jayge said:
"crunchUK said:
"lilburtonboy7489 said:
Or maybe they'll decide to rob somewhere because they have a gun. There's a thread on a shooting that happened yesterday ffs."
So, we should all evolve into higher-class British citizens like you and use knives? ;-)
"
No, we need to outfit everyone with giant robots that combine to create even bigger robots!
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

It was my understanding Barak plans to revive that assault weapons ban on guns with over a certain size clip, so called 'cop killer' bullets, etc.

I live in Murderapolis and I've seen the news stories where people just passing by get shot at times and places where I've been and it is a little scary, but I'm not a type of person to be in favor of restricting the liberties of people in general. However, pistols and small weapons are for killing humans and defending against other weapons that kill humans the way I see it. The question is when does a weapon become 'nuclear' such that we should try to prevent the general public from getting their hands on it.

Of course, the most important part of that last sentence was 'try to.' And also a total ban on handguns which was somehow effective would lead to an increase in melee weapon/mace/taser attacks. And it wouldn't be effective because most of the people who would run out and rob someone have a gun already or can get one because banning something doesn't make existing copies disappear. Also foreign markets. So yeah, we're screwed. I'm going to Canada!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AgentJ
SuperfluousMoniker said:
"It was my understanding Barak plans to revive that assault weapons ban on guns with over a certain size clip, so called 'cop killer' bullets, etc. I live in Murderapolis and I've seen the news stories where people just passing by get shot at times and places where I've been and it is a little scary, but I'm not a type of person to be in favor of restricting the liberties of people in general. However, pistols and small weapons are for killing humans and defending against other weapons that kill humans the way I see it. The question is when does a weapon become 'nuclear' such that we should try to prevent the general public from getting their hands on it.Of course, the most important part of that last sentence was 'try to.' And also a total ban on handguns which was somehow effective would lead to an increase in melee weapon/mace/taser attacks. And it wouldn't be effective because most of the people who would run out and rob someone have a gun already or can get one because banning something doesn't make existing copies disappear. Also foreign markets. So yeah, we're screwed. I'm going to Canada!"
Please show me a quote from Obama saying that Barack wants to ban assault weapons. They probably SHOULD be banned, but they wont because they are protected under the constitution.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By natetodamax
AgentJ said:
  show me a quote from Obama saying that Barack
wat
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ninjakiller

I think the only gun rights Obama threatened to take away was Assault weapons.    I support gun rights, but these weapons really have no purpose other than murdering lots and lots people quickly.  Nut jobs who go off are better off not having access to these guns. 

It would be political suicide for Democrats to take gun rights and they know it.  Fringe nutjobs who are running to the gun store to load up before their guns are taken away are more sad than anything.

BTW there are already some even scarier guns that are legal for people to own like for instance a .50 cal.  The damn thing shoots through engine blocks.  My brother wants to buy one, but fortunately he's a loser and doesn't have the money to purchase one.  He asked if I would go half/half on it and I just laughed in his face.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Snipzor
AgentJ said:
Please show me a quote from Obama saying that Barack wants to ban assault weapons. They probably SHOULD be banned, but they wont because they are protected under the constitution."
Technically if we want to be extremely nuanced about it, the constitution only protects the guns that were available at the time it was written. Bolt action would be the most it would have protected. But of course the freepers would be pissed about that ban because they only care about the 2nd amendment even though they have never even read it.

What can we do? It's not like a whole culture of gun ownership can be reversed instantly. Although I wouldn't mind some regulation.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By mike
Snipzor said:
Technically if we want to be extremely nuanced about it, the constitution only protects the guns that were available at the time it was written. Bolt action would be the most it would have protected. But of course the freepers would be pissed about that ban because they only care about the 2nd amendment even though they have never even read it.What can we do? It's not like a whole culture of gun ownership can be reversed instantly. Although I wouldn't mind some regulation

Wait, I thought you were from Canada?
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187

Gratz on the new guns.

Anyone who is bitching about guns, things could be worse:  you could be in Somalia.  So shut the fuck up.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Snipzor
MB said:
"Snipzor said:
Technically if we want to be extremely nuanced about it, the constitution only protects the guns that were available at the time it was written. Bolt action would be the most it would have protected. But of course the freepers would be pissed about that ban because they only care about the 2nd amendment even though they have never even read it.What can we do? It's not like a whole culture of gun ownership can be reversed instantly. Although I wouldn't mind some regulation
Wait, I thought you were from Canada?"
More guns per capita here, except we do fine with regulation (Although Edmonton is being a real bitch about this).
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgentJ
jakob187 said:
"Gratz on the new guns.

Anyone who is bitching about guns, things could be worse:  you could be in Somalia.  So shut the fuck up.
"
Somalia is in the middle of civil war, and is in no way shape or form a stable country. Completely different situation. We are the strongest country in the world. While they use their guns for battle, we use them to hunt, shoot bitches and accidently take out our 2-year old daughters. I'm not asking for guns to be outlawed, but a lot of pain has come from guns that could have been easily avoided.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jakob187
AgentJ said:
"jakob187 said:
"Gratz on the new guns.

Anyone who is bitching about guns, things could be worse:  you could be in Somalia.  So shut the fuck up."
Somalia is in the middle of civil war, and is in no way shape or form a stable country. Completely different situation. We are the strongest country in the world. While they use their guns for battle, we use them to hunt, shoot bitches and accidently take out our 2-year old daughters. I'm not asking for guns to be outlawed, but a lot of pain has come from guns that could have been easily avoided.
"
...but nothing NEARLY as bad as having burnt-out shells of cars in our streets, children carrying around AK-47s and expected to be soldiers while being doped up on drugs, and cannibals roaming around scavenging bodies for dinner...

...right?

It doesn't matter if they are stable or not.  When you talk about guns and gun control, there are thousands of things that can be brought up which are INFINITELY worse than the shit people get worked up about in this nation.

So again...boo boo bee boo all you want about the tragedies of our nation, but shit could be MUCH worse...so

shut

the

fuck

up

people.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AgentJ
jakob187 said:
"AgentJ said:
"jakob187 said:
"Gratz on the new guns.

Anyone who is bitching about guns, things could be worse:  you could be in Somalia.  So shut the fuck up."
"
...but nothing NEARLY as bad as having burnt-out shells of cars in our streets, children carrying around AK-47s and expected to be soldiers while being doped up on drugs, and cannibals roaming around scavenging bodies for dinner...

...right?

It doesn't matter if they are stable or not.  When you talk about guns and gun control, there are thousands of things that can be brought up which are INFINITELY worse than the shit people get worked up about in this nation.

So again...boo boo bee boo all you want about the tragedies of our nation, but shit could be MUCH worse...so

shut

the

fuck

up

people.
"
Jesus dude, is this situation really warranting a "Shut the Fuck up"? You should calm down a little bit. You are right about how we have things great here, but is there any reason why we shouldn't try to improve ourselves? 
ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ltcoljaxson

I just laugh that American's have to go rushing out buying a bunch of guns. It really is quite sad how much of a gun nation it is. It's really unnecessary even if most American's can't agree with that. Maybe there should be more regulation if you really feel you need more than one gun per person. It's not a necessity anymore since it is very unlikely that anyone relies on game for survival.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jakob187

Agent J, what do we need to improve exactly?  Gun control?  All gun control does is keeps guns in the hands of criminals while causing the innocent to be unable to protect themselves.  It's reverse Darwinism at its finest.  Instead, what we need to do is make is crack down on background gun sales, as well as organized gun running in the U.S. behind closed doors and in back alleys.  Unfortunately, it's cheaper for the government to allow criminals to keep the guns than it is for them to hire special task forces to crack down on this shit.

In the end, though, none of it honestly matters, because Obama won't do shit about gun control while he's in office.  He's going to be too busy trying to get the economy flowing again, as well as fixing all of Hillary's fuck-ups.  You can tell in the first 100 days of a President's time in office just how the rest of his term is going to be...and so far, he's not doing so hot.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By crunchUK
Jayge said:
"crunchUK said:
"lilburtonboy7489 said:
"
Well, yes.
mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By mikevanpwn
Tru3_Blu3 said:
Guns don't start wars, they don't murder, or kill animals.  People do that. 

Also, hunting is legal because it can be detrimental to the environment if some species go unchecked.
BenjaminP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BenjaminP
Tru3_Blu3 said:
I agree, I dont shoot anything unless Im going to eat it.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AgentJ
jakob187 said:
"Agent J, what do we need to improve exactly?  Gun control?  All gun control does is keeps guns in the hands of criminals while causing the innocent to be unable to protect themselves.  It's reverse Darwinism at its finest.  Instead, what we need to do is make is crack down on background gun sales, as well as organized gun running in the U.S. behind closed doors and in back alleys.  Unfortunately, it's cheaper for the government to allow criminals to keep the guns than it is for them to hire special task forces to crack down on this shit.

In the end, though, none of it honestly matters, because Obama won't do shit about gun control while he's in office.  He's going to be too busy trying to get the economy flowing again, as well as fixing all of Hillary's fuck-ups.  You can tell in the first 100 days of a President's time in office just how the rest of his term is going to be...and so far, he's not doing so hot.

"
Honestly dude, I said earlier that I didn't want to do anything to gun laws. Its the law. While things would be better if guns didn't exist at all, the fact is they do, and people have the right to protect themselves. It just makes me sad when I hear about 3 police officers getting killed in Pennsylvania today, or when a kid accidently gets his hands on a pistol...
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By toowalrus

-1 for having that avatar and saying something political at the same time.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jakob187
AgentJ said:
"jakob187 said:
"Agent J, what do we need to improve exactly?  Gun control?  All gun control does is keeps guns in the hands of criminals while causing the innocent to be unable to protect themselves.  It's reverse Darwinism at its finest.  Instead, what we need to do is make is crack down on background gun sales, as well as organized gun running in the U.S. behind closed doors and in back alleys.  Unfortunately, it's cheaper for the government to allow criminals to keep the guns than it is for them to hire special task forces to crack down on this shit.

In the end, though, none of it honestly matters, because Obama won't do shit about gun control while he's in office.  He's going to be too busy trying to get the economy flowing again, as well as fixing all of Hillary's fuck-ups.  You can tell in the first 100 days of a President's time in office just how the rest of his term is going to be...and so far, he's not doing so hot."
Honestly dude, I said earlier that I didn't want to do anything to gun laws. Its the law. While things would be better if guns didn't exist at all, the fact is they do, and people have the right to protect themselves. It just makes me sad when I hear about 3 police officers getting killed in Pennsylvania today, or when a kid accidently gets his hands on a pistol...
"
Three police officers getting killed says one thing:  they chose the job, they knew the risks, so yes it sucks...but it happens.

A kid "accidentally" gets his hands on a pistol?  Explain how he "accidentally" does that.  While the kid dying is a damn shame, I'm sure that his parents were all "woe is me, our son is dead, cry cry cry" when they should've been saying "our son is dead because we're fucking dumbasses and don't know how to keep a gun in a locked gun cabinet...nor do we know how to hide a gun in a safer place...nor do we know how to teach our children gun safety and make sure they understand to NEVER mess with the gun we own".

I had noticed that you didn't want to do anything to gun laws, but you mentioned that a lot of pain has been caused by guns that could have been avoided.  Therefore, please explain how you can "avoid" this "pain" without trying to instill harsher gun laws.

.........so as I was saying...We could be Somalia.  Shit could be a lot worse.  Sucks that people are dying by people deciding to use guns, but that's the way the world works.  If I got shot tomorrow, it doesn't mean that I'm going to say "man, someone should do something about all these guns".  It was A gun...and it just means that I would get my concealed handgun license a LOT quicker, then hunt that motherfucker down and shoot him...let him see how it feels.

Also, you want proof that a gun in every home helps lower crime rates and still keeps down the rate of accidental deaths?

Switzerland.  Every male over the age of 20 is required BY LAW to own an assault rifle.  One of the safest countries in the world with one of the lowest rates of accidental deaths by firearms.

Thank you...and good night.

P.S. -- When it comes down to it...firearms kill far less people than cheese in one year's time.  Think about that.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By auspiciousqueue

What about Charlton Heston?!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By toowalrus
auspiciousqueue said:
"What about Charlton Heston?!"
Something about the statue of liberty... Wait. That was OUR planet! You blew it up! Damn you fools! Damn you all to HELL!!
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AgentJ
jakob187 said:
"AgentJ said:
"jakob187 said:

In the end, though, none of it honestly matters, because Obama won't do shit about gun control while he's in office.  He's going to be too busy trying to get the economy flowing again, as well as fixing all of Hillary's fuck-ups.  You can tell in the first 100 days of a President's time in office just how the rest of his term is going to be...and so far, he's not doing so hot."
"
Three police officers getting killed says one thing:  they chose the job, they knew the risks, so yes it sucks...but it happens.

A kid "accidentally" gets his hands on a pistol?  Explain how he "accidentally" does that.  While the kid dying is a damn shame, I'm sure that his parents were all "woe is me, our son is dead, cry cry cry" when they should've been saying "our son is dead because we're fucking dumbasses and don't know how to keep a gun in a locked gun cabinet...nor do we know how to hide a gun in a safer place...nor do we know how to teach our children gun safety and make sure they understand to NEVER mess with the gun we own".

I had noticed that you didn't want to do anything to gun laws, but you mentioned that a lot of pain has been caused by guns that could have been avoided.  Therefore, please explain how you can "avoid" this "pain" without trying to instill harsher gun laws.

.........so as I was saying...We could be Somalia.  Shit could be a lot worse.  Sucks that people are dying by people deciding to use guns, but that's the way the world works.  If I got shot tomorrow, it doesn't mean that I'm going to say "man, someone should do something about all these guns".  It was A gun...and it just means that I would get my concealed handgun license a LOT quicker, then hunt that motherfucker down and shoot him...let him see how it feels.

Also, you want proof that a gun in every home helps lower crime rates and still keeps down the rate of accidental deaths?

Switzerland.  Every male over the age of 20 is required BY LAW to own an assault rifle.  One of the safest countries in the world with one of the lowest rates of accidental deaths by firearms.

Thank you...and good night.

P.S. -- When it comes down to it...firearms kill far less people than cheese in one year's time.  Think about that.
"
You know what another safe country is? Japan. You know what their gun policy is? I think you do. 
Are you trying to tell me that you've never heard about a kid, even one you know/knew, getting their hands on a gun and firing it? People often keep their guns somewhere where they can get to them quickly in case of an emergency. If they have them locked away, it destroys any use in case of a break in. Kids don't always understand about not using guns. Not to mention that suicide would be down since people wouldn't have immediate access to their own demise.
The only way to get rid of the "pain" i mentioned is to do something about the gun laws. Unfortunately that's not going to happen. So that pain will persist. Frankly, I dont know how to fix things without changing the constitution, which I dont support.
I see that you believe in the eye for an eye policy. I do not.
Like I said earlier, you can do the same thing by going with the Japan policy. 
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By toowalrus
AgentJ said:
"You know what another safe country is? Japan."
Fuck Japan, people get kidnapped and thrown into T.V.s all the time. I don't want to be exposed like that.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Snipzor
AgentJ said:
You know what another safe country is? Japan. You know what their gun policy is? I think you do. 
Are you trying to tell me that you've never heard about a kid, even one you know/knew, getting their hands on a gun and firing it? People often keep their guns somewhere where they can get to them quickly in case of an emergency. If they have them locked away, it destroys any use in case of a break in. Kids don't always understand about not using guns. Not to mention that suicide would be down since people wouldn't have immediate access to their own demise.
The only way to get rid of the "pain" i mentioned is to do something about the gun laws. Unfortunately that's not going to happen. So that pain will persist. Frankly, I dont know how to fix things without changing the constitution, which I dont support.
"
Isn't there some sort of AMENDMENT process (Capped for key importance)?
insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44  Edited By insanejedi

I've yet to see a valid argument for gun control that I have not shot down yet. And guns is a right in the United States, as written in the constitution of the right to bear arms. I could write a whole essay about this but it basically boils down to gun control=bullshit.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Snipzor
insanejedi said:
"I've yet to see a valid argument for gun control that I have not shot down yet. And guns is a right in the United States, as written in the constitution of the right to bear arms. I could write a whole essay about this but it basically boils down to gun control=bullshit."
Is an RPG a gun?

I win.
insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By insanejedi
Snipzor said:
"insanejedi said:
"I've yet to see a valid argument for gun control that I have not shot down yet. And guns is a right in the United States, as written in the constitution of the right to bear arms. I could write a whole essay about this but it basically boils down to gun control=bullshit."
Is an RPG a gun?I win."
A role-playing game is certainly not a gun so you fail.

Seriously though, an RPG-7 is a destructive device that is a Rocket Propelled Gernade, so it technically is not a gun. 
Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mercator

I am ok with the sale of shotguns, rifles, and pistols to registered persons. But there is NO reason to own automatic weapons. I dont care who you are.

Anyway, I hate this thread, I hate guns, I wont ever own one...and think they are for the scared and weak.

I dont own a gun, and dont live in fear of guns.

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By insanejedi
AgentJ said:
"jakob187 said: You know what another safe country is? Japan. You know what their gun policy is? I think you do. 
"
You know what country is really safe? Switzerland. Every household with a fully automatic Sig 550 assault rifle, and has one of the lowest gun violence rates in the entire world. And Suicide would not be down because your logic is faulty. Do you really believe that a kid that would have the mindset of killing himself with a gun would simply stop and change his mind because he doesn't have access to a gun? That simply isn't realistic, and it shows in the example you just given. Japan? Strict gun policies, 3rd highest suicide rates in the world.
insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By insanejedi
Mercator said:
"I am ok with the sale of shotguns, rifles, and pistols to registered persons. But there is NO reason to own automatic weapons. I dont care who you are.Anyway, I hate this thread, I hate guns, I wont ever own one...and think they are for the scared and weak. I dont own a gun, and dont live in fear of guns. "
I generally feel the same too, but what if you are in the Army Reserves, or a police officer? Shouldn't they be allowed to own fully automatic weapons to practice on their own time?
Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mercator
insanejedi said:
"Mercator said:
"I am ok with the sale of shotguns, rifles, and pistols to registered persons. But there is NO reason to own automatic weapons. I dont care who you are.Anyway, I hate this thread, I hate guns, I wont ever own one...and think they are for the scared and weak. I dont own a gun, and dont live in fear of guns. "
I generally feel the same too, but what if you are in the Army Reserves, or a police officer? Shouldn't they be allowed to own fully automatic weapons to practice on their own time?"
No. Go to work...play with automatic weapons. Done.