Best game magazine?

FotherMucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FotherMucker

Recently I've been looking into getting a subscription to a game magazine. I know some people would find this a waste of money but I like having all that info all in one book. I use to have a subscription to Gameinformer but I'm finding things from Gamestop very hard to trust. What magazine should I subscribe to? Also, do you know of any magazine companies that give out frebies (like some use to give out demo discs and such). 

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

I used to check out OXM when I was young and really stupid. Don't do that, big mistake. Are you looking for a general gaming magazine or a specific platform magazine?

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

GameInformer is a piece of shit. EGM is the way to go as far as that goes, I hear.

FotherMucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FotherMucker
BiggerBomb said:
"I used to check out OXM when I was young and really stupid. Don't do that, big mistake. Are you looking for a general gaming magazine or a specific platform magazine?"
I'm just looking for a general game magazine. I think magazines for speicific platforms tend to rate games higher than they actually deserve. I wan't to have the most unbias reviews and such.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BiggerBomb
FotherMucker said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"I used to check out OXM when I was young and really stupid. Don't do that, big mistake. Are you looking for a general gaming magazine or a specific platform magazine?"
I'm just looking for a general game magazine. I think magazines for speicific platforms tend to rate games higher than they actually deserve. I wan't to have the most unbias reviews and such.
"

Well, I've heard good things about Gameinformer. I've never read EGM....
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
BiggerBomb said:
"FotherMucker said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"

Well, I've heard good things about Gameinformer. I've never read EGM...."
Good things?! GameInformer is probably the WORST magazine out there...
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoG

GI has good exclusives, but mostly sucks. EGM has always been my favorite.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb
TheGTAvaccine said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"FotherMucker said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"

Well, I've heard good things about Gameinformer. I've never read EGM...."
Good things?! GameInformer is probably the WORST magazine out there..."

/shrug
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Karmum
TheGTAvaccine said:
"GameInformer is a piece of shit. EGM is the way to go as far as that goes, I hear."
Yes, GI isn't very good. Yet, my brother still gets a free copy each month for some reason. I remember that I used to get GamePro magazines.
FotherMucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FotherMucker

So far I'm hearing the best things about EGM, but what's the deal with GamePro? Is that any good?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Hamz

I used to have a subscription to PCGamer back in the day aswell as the old N64 magazine aswell. But now i don't read any gaming magazines at all.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By snide

Every game magazine pales in comparison to the apex that was Next Generation. It is sorely missed. I own a complete set.

caption
caption
AttackedCamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By AttackedCamo

All the magazines I used to read went down the drain. One of the ones I used to read was GMR. The magazine I read now is EGM.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BiggerBomb

Personally, I think game magazines are outdated. We have teh intrnetz now and it is a more easily accessable, cheaper, and at times more informative outlet. Viva la GiantBomb!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead

EDGE and GamesTM were pretty good, but now, magazines in general seem liek a waste of money when you have sites like this and widespread blogging. Anyone who buys official magazines for more than the demo needs decking.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By kush

EGM is pretty much the only good magazine left (at least in the states) ...Game Informer isn't that great, but it's fantastic when compared to GamePro. GamePro is the absolute worst when it comes to video game magazines.