Bob marley Most overate musician of all time...

• 69 results
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Suicrat

Okay, time to make a clarification here, weed doesn't make shitty things good, it makes mediocre things good and good things great. It makes shitty things worse. (This is why I'll never watch The Hills while stoned again, especially if there are sharp objects around)

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By prinny_god

if we are all god's children what makes Jesus so special?

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By inkeiren

The reason Bob Marley is important is because he popularized the music of Jamaica worldwide, therefore influencing artists around the globe to incorporate elements of Ska, Rocksteady, and Reggae into their music. This led to the development of new genres and sounds, such as Lover's rock. I don't mean to sound rude, but there is no area for discussion as to whether or not Bob Marley had an impact on music worldwide. He simply did.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By get2sammyb

Is this a good time to post Finley Quaye's really inventive cover of "Sun Is Shining"?

Done.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By crunchUK

what you CAN do is replace "bob marley" with Soulja boy. Then the thread starts hitting the spot

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By TwoOneFive

wow, i just noticed this thread. if you think bob marley was an overrated musician, you have no business acting like you know anything about music and you need to stop pretending you do. 

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By RHCPfan24
crunchUK said:
"what you CAN do is replace "bob marley" with Soulja boy. Then the thread starts hitting the spot"
There's some truth!!
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By TwoOneFive
RHCPfan24 said:
"crunchUK said:
"what you CAN do is replace "bob marley" with Soulja boy. Then the thread starts hitting the spot"
There's some truth!!"
oh hell yeah. i mean, compared to A LOT of the "musicians" out there today, Bob Marley is starting to look like fucking Beethoven. 
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By natetodamax
RHCPfan24 said:
""Redemption Song"That pretty much sums up Bob Marley. Listen to it, savor it."
That plays during the I Am Legend credits. I get goosebumps whenever I hear it.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By pause422

Music is a subjective thing...you don't like someone that others do, simple as that. Your opinion isn't the same as everyone elses...get over it.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#61  Edited By JJWeatherman
TheGreatGuero said:
"Jesus... most overrated religious figure of all time...Oh, I went there, buddy. I went there, and I went there BOLDLY! Maybe you just don't like reggae? I don't know. I'm not a huge fan, but I think he has a lot of great songs. Definitely some great messages too."
I second the Jesus thing. lmao. Bob Marleys awesome though. Going through his greatest hits album, I gotta say a lot do sound very similar. Especially right as they start up. Still all good though.
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Dr_Cash
Jesus said:
"here comes a rant... Now remember this is my opinion and I'm not trying to get anyone pissed ... which is going to happen anyways.....I mean I keep seeing shirts of bob marley... bumper stickers all over the place... I mean think about it if the man did not have the pot smoking/ peaceful attitude he would not be any where near as famous... then his music... people go his lyrics are great... ok his lyrics are great but the music sucks and how the lyrics are sang suck... all of his music sounds the same (most of it) he only has a couple decent songs....I really would like somebody to try explain to me why he should get the attention he deserves... A real good reason.."

You need to be BITCH SLAPPED
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Dr_Cash
Jesus said:
"here comes a rant... Now remember this is my opinion and I'm not trying to get anyone pissed ... which is going to happen anyways.....I mean I keep seeing shirts of bob marley... bumper stickers all over the place... I mean think about it if the man did not have the pot smoking/ peaceful attitude he would not be any where near as famous... then his music... people go his lyrics are great... ok his lyrics are great but the music sucks and how the lyrics are sang suck... all of his music sounds the same (most of it) he only has a couple decent songs....I really would like somebody to try explain to me why he should get the attention he deserves... A real good reason.."

It disturbs me that you say this about the grandfather all time greatest reggie singer in history. But maybe you will like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYQHqLuWuig&feature=related
Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Metasin

His name and image are put out there the most by people that aren't even that into him and just use it to convey a style they are trying to play. These are the same folks with Grateful Dead skull/bear stickers on their bong or VW but don't own a 'Dead album. Bob's popularity as an icon at this point unfortunately has very little to do with his music or what he stood for. 

Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By Jesus

Lol this thread needs to get locked... I'm just getting flamed lol... And to the guy that said I don't know anything about music... Saying that to the wrong person indeed

Jacob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jacob

I agree. yeah yeah bob marley was a big influence. But come on there's better music out there. go listen to some mostodon. they rape him up the ass

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
Jesus said:
"to guy who said i was a troll... i warned you it was a rant... and was asking what made him great... I wanted to see some peoples opinions... so read before you post that bullshit"
Yeah, you tell em Jesus.=)
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By Linkyshinks

I love his music, message, and his Rastafarian way of life. He was a musical genius.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By oldschool
Linkyshinks said:
"I love his music, message, and his Rastafarian way of life. He was a musical genius."
Agreed.  I still love Buffalo Soldiers to this day.  Over-rated?  No way.  He was a great man of his time and his message is still relevant.