DAFT PUNK: IT'S HAPPENING

• 121 results
Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I hope they tour again. I saw them at Lollapalooza a few years ago and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen, period. "Spectacle" doesn't even begin to describe it.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mellotronrules said:

No Caption Provided

Ugh. Skrillex is the Worst. He's the Linkin Park of DnB.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@apparatus_unearth said:

Can someone explain why Daft Punk has such a huge following? I've heard their music and it's definitely cool, but what's with the consensus that they're like the greatest thing to happen to electronic music?

They are like Gorllaz to me, take along time to put out each full studio album. And each one has a very different sound to it, and like Gorillaz they haven't let me down yet. But most of all it's because their music is frickin' awesome.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@apparatus_unearth said:

Can someone explain why Daft Punk has such a huge following? I've heard their music and it's definitely cool, but what's with the consensus that they're like the greatest thing to happen to electronic music?

They are like Gorllaz to me, take along time to put out each full studio album. And each one has a very different sound to it, and like Gorillaz they haven't let me down yet. But most of all it's because their music is frickin' awesome.

Yeah, I feel the same. They're not as willing to explore as much as Gorillaz are with their albums. Both bands are among my top 5, though.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

feel good inc. is another one of the great songs of our lifetime.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Yeah, I feel the same. They're not as willing to explore as much as Gorillaz are with their albums. Both bands are among my top 5, though.

Goddamn it now I just want a new Gorillaz album. Plastic Beach was a fantastic follow-up to Demon Days.

On Topic: Any new Daft Punk is welcome by me. I love those guys.

deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goddamn it now I just want a new Gorillaz album. Plastic Beach was a fantastic follow-up to Demon Days.

I prefer The Fall to Plastic Beach. Empire Ants and Broken are both fantastic, but the rest of the songs not so much.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@deathstriker666: Oh shit, I had no idea Gorillaz had a new album out. Or is it still incoming?

There are absolutely no good web sites to get information on music these days and it bothers me. I miss my MTV. :(

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon:

you might hate it, but pitchfork is good for news. you don't have to read the reviews, but they know what's up when it comes to tour, album and release announcements. maybe not for mall punk and/or metal, but they cover more than one might assume.

deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon said:

@deathstriker666: Oh shit, I had no idea Gorillaz had a new album out. Or is it still incoming?

There are absolutely no good web sites to get information on music these days and it bothers me. I miss my MTV. :(

It's over two years old at this point. Funnily enough, NPR is when I first heard of it. God, I still remember reading that article as if it was yesterday. Fuck me I'm getting old.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NME.com

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they will hold off until 2017 to do the world tour again? I don't want to wait that long, but it would keep the whole every 10 years thing going "Alive 1997 and Alive 2007"

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan is excited as well.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#114  Edited By papercut

The video was down but I saw SNL and thought this thread was about Daft Punk hosting SNL. I am now a little disappointed.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apparatus_unearth: Daft Punk exploded the house seen back when homework came out, they made house BIG! If it wasn't for daft punk electronic music would still be underground or wouldn't be as big as it is now.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daftpunk said:

@apparatus_unearth: Daft Punk exploded the house seen back when homework came out, they made house BIG! If it wasn't for daft punk electronic music would still be underground or wouldn't be as big as it is now.

DAFTPUNK speaks the truth about...themselves? Seems a bit cocky, Guy and/or Thomas!

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that 15 seconds loops reeeal well

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Very excited for this.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By mellotronrules
Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm quite enjoying this little remix of the looped teaser:

Loading Video...

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new Daft Punk album would be pretty sweet. Like others have said, their work really added to Tron Legacy. Good to see some love for Gorillaz as well.