Do you ever feel like giving up on life?

• 138 results
Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Grixxel

You're not special. This is shit we all go through at one point in our lives. Get over it, move on, and get some help like others have stated.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@BaneFireLord said:

I don't know if this will help you, but it made me feel a whole lot better when I was having an existential crisis a few months ago:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-today-isnt-going-to-suck/

Also, this:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15658_the-ten-minute-suicide-guide.html

Cracked can be very therapeutic.

Seriously, give these a read. Also try this one:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-life-actually-does-get-better/

This article and the ten minute suicide guide lifted me out of a depression that was deeper than I ever had. If they don't do it for you, get professional help. They're there to support you.

Sysyphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Sysyphus

@SpawnMan:

If serious: Tbh, I've felt the same on and off for about 5 years now.......what's the fucking point?

Seriously...

If all atoms are ultimatly energy, and all energy is infinate, then technically all life is a dream, and we are therefore eternal...and any man-made infastructure; eg:work, tax, rent etc. boils down to propaganda to make you keep living for the sake (often financially) of someone else. Although while i can empathise and feel the same pointlessness, that also gives me a certain degree of freedom, just remember: what ever any dude tells you (even me); fuck it, it's ultimatly erroneous in the grand scheme of things. After all in 100 years we will all be dead and anything you said, thought, or did will be inneffectual to life at that specific moment.

Life is the now, it is transcendental. It is this recognition which made me not give so much of a shit anymore. Life is a dream, a ride, and fuck anyone elses' opinion.

They may call it depression or anxiety with ones life situation, but i call it life dictating what is important; i call it life reminding you of mediocrity, of what to avoid... religion, the 9-till-5, the 'law' etc... after all it's only human made bullshit that seems important because we're alive. Personally i feel freedom, not restriction in this belief in the purpose of ones existance, after all, all that matters is your opinion, dude.

Apparently it is considered an act of cowardice to put a shotgun to onesself and call it a day, however i think it is an act of courage, as i know, within myselef, that i lack the balls to end it all now; regardless to how i feel in the moment!

Ultimatly suicide is considered agressive from the point of view of the bereaved, whereas i think it should be considered from the same pont of view as the affected. After all, could you do it?

I thought not... Keep your head up dude, for it is all but a journey, a momentary glimpse at self prophesied freedom, a ride through the unknown; and fuck anyone else trying to tell you otherwise... you create your own future.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By CaLe

@Sysyphus said:

If all atoms are ultimatly energy, and all energy is infinate, then technically all life is a dream, and we are therefore eternal...

Your post is fine, but this makes no sense at all. It's factually inaccurate. Consciousness is not eternal so we are not eternal. Maybe you're trying to be poetic with the dream thing but that makes no sense either.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Jack268

Nah, what a weak way to go. If you just kill yourself off, someone will suffer for it. There is always something you can do in your life for someone else. And if you want to die, maybe you could join the army? I'm sure they need some ballsy motherfuckers with nothing to lose, and then you would have at least died for something, and maybe helped someone along the way. Killing yourself is the ultimate act of selfishness: It means you literally only care about how bad you have it yourself, and don't think of the fact that there are people out there with worse conditions that you could have helped in your life. Instead, those people will keep living their shitty lives while you waste a perfectly fine one. And no, emotional distress or being lonely has never killed anyone. People in those situations have killed themselves, but that's because they are too weak to see the big picture.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By eroticfishcake

Oddly enough it sounds like you're going through what I just had for over the past year except that I'm only recovering recently. I can't really give you any advice since all I ever did was continue on with my life but didn't talk to anyone (unless it was a requirement) it could just be me since I had a lot of friends who stabbed me in the back so I'm effectively friendless but I'm feeling a lot better without them. I've still got one or two friends but it just sounds like you need some time to yourself for a long time. Suicide isn't exactly a good choice, too much paperwork afterwards and it just bothers other people after your death plus it can get messy, literally. I should know. Hang in there though.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By avidwriter

Seems to me it's life you are sick of, it's fucking people. Do what I did, give the fuck up on people. It makes things to much easier. You don't have to deal with BS, drama or the stuff you mentioned. Just give up on the other fucktards that wander around this world like zombies. Problem solved bro.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108  Edited By Bwast

Yes and I've given into that feeling many times. Take it from me, giving up doesn't do anything. You might feel better for a week, a month, 6 months but eventually you'll look back and say "what an idiot I was, life wasn't that bad.". And that only serves to dig the hole deeper. Before long you will have dug so deep that you can barely see light anymore. I've been that deep a few times, it's not a happy place.

Think of emotion like the weather. When it rains, get an umbrella(talk to friends, a professional, go for a jog, whatever). Don't collapse into despair thinking it will never stop raining and the sun is forever lost behind the clouds. I got that from the great Stephen Fry, an actor with bipolar disorder. His rendition is far more poetic but the meaning is still there.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By envane

if you've "Given up" why write a such poetically emotional post , there .. just then .. you expressed yourself, was it a cry for help ? who knows ... fact is .. you havent given up , youve just proven it by having the effort to start this thread .. given my own personal experience with depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts .. you are clearly seeking attention and validation , lets just say someone who has truly given up doesnt carte anymore about these things , they don't bother expressing themselves anymore , they close themselves off.

so cheer up mate , believe me , my depressing life just happens to be the title of a popular comedy movie featuring steve carell ... and that alone has set me back yeeeears in terms of self loathing and self isolation, .. so yeah chin up bro

Sysyphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Sysyphus

@CaLe: If anything that exists is made of energy, and if energy cannot be created or destroyed then that means that energy just simply changes from one form to another ergo Einstein's theory of relativity (E=Mc2). Therefore making life transcendental, fleeting and ultimatly pointless. It has to be said that I don't fully comprehend your attempted rebuttal, seeing as everything that shapes consciousness (eg: our mind and our body) is effectively quantumly recyclable; so it would seem impossisible to me that the very basis of life (our consciousness) is in fact inert to such a change. Or maybe i'm missing the point?

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By captain_max707
@gbtw said:

Well what i have noticed from being around for 25 years: You are on a rock in space with a species that is so dumb and viscous that your only salvation is to kill yourself, really, 99 percent of humans are shit dirt bags. What with EU and USA being dictatorships by corruption, we are going to be eating soilent green within the decade. Go kill yourself, if you think you can't wait for the time we are back on the top of the sine wave, like before at some point the one percent of good people will take a stand and storm the Bastille, however this will take a long time and it will be hard and unfair. So if you want, take the easy way out.

Welcome to the forums?
intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By intro

I'm 18, in high school, have a few close friends and everyone else I just talk to in school, I really mean nothing to them. I have a good family and a part time job that has allowed me to afford gas, a great gaming PC and hobbies like paintball. So when you look at it like that, my life is pretty good. However, I've felt like you have OP and many times still do. I don't know if it's because I've never had a girl friend like every single one of my friends that makes me severely depressed some days when I think about it or not. That thought as well as some others make me feel like I have no real purpose on this planet sometimes, it just saddens me. Then I use the money I get from working, unlike my other friends who are handed everything, and go buy things like 600+ computers, parts for it, speakers, a smart phone, multiple $400 paintball guns, etc. Even though I enjoy those things and am proud that I had to work for them, I just realize that they only cover up some of my sadness for awhile. But I'm just gonna keep pushing through because that's the only option. Sure I could kill myself, but I'll wait until my parents dead because I don't want to hurt them.

It's still disappointing when I look into the future of my life; the best that can happen (in my eyes) is I can go though college as I plan, get a good job and live alone the rest of my life. It's so ironic that I think like this, as I'm always the one making jokes and making everyone I know laugh. If it wasn't for me being so funny and being able to think of things that make everyone I know laugh on the spot, I'd probably just kill myself, as jokes are a big thing that get me through everyday. And now I have to slow down on the joking because I made a joke that went too far and people took too seriously and almost got put in jail for 6 months (true story, that itself isn't a joke).

The hobbies I have do help though, they're not going to solve everything, maybe not even most of it, but if you find something to keep you occupied you'll be a lot better though the days.

/rant

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@Sysyphus said:

@CaLe: If anything that exists is made of energy, and if energy cannot be created or destroyed then that means that energy just simply changes from one form to another ergo Einstein's theory of relativity (E=Mc2). Therefore making life transcendental, fleeting and ultimatly pointless. It has to be said that I don't fully comprehend your attempted rebuttal, seeing as everything that shapes consciousness (eg: our mind and our body) is effectively quantumly recyclable; so it would seem impossisible to me that the very basis of life (our consciousness) is in fact inert to such a change. Or maybe i'm missing the point?

There is a large difference between life and energy/mass. There is an even bigger difference between both of those and conciousness. Just because energy and mass cannot be destroyed does not mean that life and conciousness can't be. A pile of brick a house does not make. Also quantum recycling? What?

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Hot_Karl

Even though it might seem like a lot, you're never quite given too much to handle in life. Seriously. We're humans, we're intelligent, strong-willed & all-around awesome. We can handle it. We don't have to handle it alone though.

@Draugen said:

Duder, I'm not going to claim that I've ever been as low as you appear to be now, but I'm going to try to give you some advice anyway, with something that helped me tremendously a few years ago. Contact your local Red Cross. Not to get help, but to offer them your services. I don't know what kind of presence they have in your area, but you should look into it. When I returned to the real world after a year in the army, joining the RC search and rescue team turned out to be one of the most rewarding decision in my life. I can only speak from my own experience, but I found good companionship there, a stimulating, challenging environment and maybe even a bit of a purpose. I learned things about first aid and search and rescue that I didn't know from before, I got to be a part of the process of saving lives, and dude, I got to learn to drive a snowmobile!

If you think there might be value in helping yourself through the process of helping others, I would really look into the options you have around you. And if not, let me just say. I've never met a single person whose death wouldn't affect someone in their life profoundly, even if they didn't believe it themselves.

I actually really like this idea. Remember, as horrible as you might think your life is, there's someone out there who wishes they had what you have.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#115  Edited By hawkinson76

Answering your thread title, and not your post, which is self centered drivel: I felt like that, when I was 17. I managed to be very dramatic, and I have the diaries to prove it. I assume it was chemical, because in the 20 years that have followed I have experienced pain, misery, and profound happiness, but never the sense of emptiness that occurred at that time. It was fleeting, as, ultimately, all things are. Life doesn't stop, it doesn't speed up and it doesn't slow down, it is very long, and the world offers and endless experiences (it is very big). The worst thing we can do with the present is destroy potential, narrow the number of future paths, either for ourselves or others.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#116  Edited By JasonR86

@SpawnMan:

I responded earlier but, rereading your OP, I wanted to point out something that I saw throughout the post. I get this really strong sense that you place an immense value on your relationships with others and what you perceive is being done to you. Wanting strong relationships is great. We all want that. But I also get the sense that you feel that you are an unwilling, passive participant in your life. That you are doomed to float with the ebb and flow dictated by some ethereal being that controls 'life' or by those around you. You seem to ignore how you yourself impact your life. There's a saying this therapist has that he explained in a book he wrote, "Even if you can't control 99% of what happens to you I'm interested in the 1% you do have control over." The point being you can't get caught up in what you can't control. Things are going to happen around you that you don't like and that you have no influence over. You can't control others. You can't control the economy or what jobs are available to you at any given time. But worrying about what you can't control is a pointless endeavor as there is no where else to go but down. Rather, focus on what you can control and make the most of what is available to you. Do what you can and let the rest fade away. It is in this that you will find the change you seek.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#117  Edited By ajamafalous

Yes I do.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#118  Edited By grilledcheez

In the past, but once you realize you're going to die eventually, there's really no point in rushing it. You might miss something cool!

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Suicrat said:

@SpawnMan You won't admit it, and I won't make you, but you probably want either commiseration or for someone to kick you when you're down. I'm not gonna do either. Burying your head in the sand, ignoring your problems won't solve them. Do not "buck up" and hope a mere change of mood will fix the problem, or that things will get better. Because, yo straight up, shit doesn't get better without YOU doing something about it. You described how it wouldn't be a big deal to others if you offed yourself but then you expressed your frustration with life housed in the framework of other people. Why do you permit this double-edged supremacy of other people over yourself? You've got to put YOU first. But not in a short-term self-indulgent, long-term self-destructive way. You need to start thinking about the things you would enjoy doing that can also sustain your life. In the end there is no way to conceptualize the end of your own life. It's not a blank TV screen or muted speakers or the vast emptiness of space, it is none of those things and nothing else. No matter how shitty things are going for you, it's not worse than death, because death is permanent and your problems don't have to be.

This is pretty great right here.

I'd also add that maybe you suffer from depression. If your post is sincere and not an internet cry for attention, which lets be honest, stuff like this usually is, then talk to someone. You might need therapy or medication. Neither of which means you're a crazy person, depression is like any other sickness, you have something physically wrong, a chemical imbalance of some kind that you need help dealing with. Sitting around dwelling on it, wrapping yourself up in feeling shitty and posting about it on the internet isn't gonna change anything.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#120  Edited By Tireyo

I have been where you are. You probably already know that I lost my dad recently, and it's really made me think about several things.

Life has never really made any scene, but there are small ways to enjoy life. I live for my loved ones now, especially my mom. If you have a special someone, no matter who they are, talk to them and it may make you feel a little better day by day. "Live like it's your last day" is what my dad told me, and that is what I'll do even if it is an incredibly mad world.

Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Flawed_System

You wouldn't be posting on here about killing yourself if you were going to go through with it so, you're not suicidal if that's any consolation.

Life sucks sometimes. You either deal with it or you end up actually living a meaningless life full of self loathing.

RedRavN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By RedRavN

You cant have the good without the bad you know. In order for love and happiness to exist the opposite must be possible as well. It means more when you can overcome these obstacles. There is always someone worse off then you. If a monk can have a fullfilled life with no posessions and working hard for nothing then its all about your attitude and how you see the world.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#123  Edited By SpawnMan

Hey guys - thank you for all the support (well those of you that weren't being d*cks, but they were far and few between). Came back after a couple of days and was shocked to see hundreds of updates to read. I actually read all your comments and I'm thankful for being part of such an awesome community and bunch of people who can relate, empathize and give advice on what you're going through.

Just to clarify some things - yes this was genuine, no it wasn't for attention or any sort of "But you're awesome!" reassurance, no, people who do talk about suicide can just as easily do it as those who don't (if you've ever listened to actual therapists on the matter), but no, I haven't killed myself. Evidently. Unless they have good ISP connections in the afterlife.

Felt pretty low over a number of things. Looking back they don't seem so much now, and after doing some serious talking with a few people, I'm feeling a bunch better. It's good to know I've got people to rely on and talk to, even on the internet. Your comments all helped. : )

Much love - Spawn Man.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#124  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@SpawnMan: Glad to see you didn't off yourself.

Spellbot5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#125  Edited By Spellbot5000

Your "lonely grave atop a weathered hill"?! Pfft, get over yourself dude. You'll probably end up in the rows of bog standard cemeteries between a grave with used condoms on it and a guy who's tombstone reads "Here's lies John Smith, He Had A Big Cock and Was A Decent Chevy Dealer".

Besides, moving out of your parents house isn't as tough as you're making it seem.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#126  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

...... LOL

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By drGiggless

even i'm not a big enough of an asshole to LOL @ this thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Considering I have a story, a vision, an epic, I move forward with purpose and a fear of death. That fear will be destroyed until that story is released to the masses in anyway possible.

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#129  Edited By lavaman77

If you didn't care you wouldn't have posted this at all. I've been there, I've been in much deeper holes. Suicidal thoughts mixed with self-contempt and guilt. The worst thing is when you feel like a failure and when every small mess up is one more example for you to use as evidence. But you know what?

GET THE HELL OVER IT.

You're only a loser if you kill yourself over this. You won't be just a loser, you will be one of the biggest losers that history has ever seen. Go and take at look at starving people in africa, look at how miserable and tasteless their life is yet they go on. You have a PC, a roof over your head, and food. Be thankful for that. You have every right to feel down right now, it happens, life sucks. Suicidal thoughts are just that, thoughts. Don't ever make a big decision while depressed as you'll definitely regret it if depression clouds your judgment (It definitely will.).

Depression is a two-faced hypocrite, it will make you lose hope and see things from a ignorant perspective. That post didn't come from you, it came from your depression and you very will know that. You're going to scoff over my post but i've been there for years and dealt with this crap on my own. It's like swimming and drinking from your own crap, it grabs every single crappy thing you've been through or going through and shoves it in your face while yelling "GIVE UP!". It's easy to make a best-of collection of all the crap in your life when you don't spend as much time enjoying life and letting happy moments slip away.

You say you have fake friends? then stop meeting them and talking to them. No reason to waste your time with parasites. You've stomped on yourself for a long time and instead of fixing your issues you crammed them all in so depression can kick them all in your face in one go. Know your demon, the worst enemy you will ever meet is yourself. Nothing can be more cruel than yourself, mark my words.

You came into this life because your parents wanted you, they want to leave behind a legacy, a light. it doesn't matter if you want this life or not as you're here now so make use of it. Take a break from your usual activities and go out, it doesn't matter what you do, just roam and find something to mess around with. It won't take that long before depression crawls back and you regain your clear head again. It sucks, it will happen again, but you deal with it and get used to it over time. Go to a therapist if you can as they are a good help. Don't let the vile insects and parasites in this world make you feel horrible, as having depression is like fighting against thousands of armies alone. It's something that people who don't have depression won't ever understand. You and i do though and will carry our scars and live through this life and make it replace all of our bad times with good times.

If you want to ignore my post that's fine but know your demon and separate yourself from it before you indulge your self.. You're as blind as a bat right now until depression retreats.

I suggest listening to this, it helps me whenever i get too depressed and start yapping about how crappy this world is and how i didn't get a choice blah blah.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Still_I_Cry

All the time.

Sad face.

sevenLiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By sevenLiter

This always cheers me up:

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By benpicko

There are other websites for things like this where you won't get answers like 'LOL' from arseholes.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By kermoosh

yea i was gonna write that it's all a phase but it seems like you got that part down yourself. cheers

also i understand that it's a phase, but you have to look at the positives in every situation, no matter how shitty they are. I have had some really bad weeks but have always come out on top. optimism is the strongest (metaphorical) weapon that i wield. so basically don't be a pessimistic a-hole about everything

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#136  Edited By Jrinswand

OP, methinks you need to see a psychiatrist, not post on a video game blog. Think of it as a complimentary PROTIP. The first one's always free.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#137  Edited By ch3burashka

These are always the weirdest topics. How far can I take my suicide jokes until it becomes 'too far'?

I'm going through a depressive stage right now. I tell myself it'll get better too. That seems to work.

Also, bombcasts.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By CheapPoison

Imagine a contraption!

a huge tub filled with acetone with an open electric cable in there, then we just need a good solid bat above it for the noose.

Then you just strap a propane tank to your back, open it up and light it. Strap it on!

Then just grab a bowl of rat poison, which you gobble down as you jump inside the tub tumbeling you way onto the local newspaper frontpage.

Instant legacy.

...Patent pending

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i once felt like giving up. then i manned up, stopped feeling sorry for myself, matured, took responsibility for my own shortcomings, and did something about it.