• 72 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

I do. I have a brother 4 years older than me and he has done absolutely nothing for me. He makes me angry every time I see him, he thinks he's better than everyone, he spends my parent's money like it was nothing, and my parents constantly fight because of him. If he moved out our lives would be so much better I know it, he took a week vacation on my parents dime on time and the house was so peaceful everyone was so relaxed. I think the whole stick by your brother or sister no matter what is a stupid thing to say. If someone is a douche than they are, no matter if they are your sibling or not. So what about you guys and your sibling relationships? 

#2 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I'm an only child. Thank god. I can't even imagine the feeling of someone claiming your parents as theirs as well.

#3 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -

It's hard to hate a 5 year old girl, but she does annoy me sometimes.

#4 Posted by cooperfoyt (188 posts) -

I love my brother!

#5 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

You guys will grow out of it.  How old is he?

#6 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@Skytylz said:
" You guys will grow out of it.  How old is he? "
22
#7 Posted by Brendan (7811 posts) -

I have an brother 4 years my senior and we're pretty much best friends.  I have twin younger sisters and I get on great with them as well.  I dunno man, sucks about your situation.  I really like living with people that I like ( weird sentence go?)

#8 Edited by ProfessorEss (7376 posts) -

Nope. Luv thum.

#9 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Wow I'm the minority lol

#10 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3153 posts) -

Meh?

#11 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Skytylz said:
" You guys will grow out of it.  How old is he? "
22 "
Well, that stinks that he still lives with your parents.  He going to a local college and living there to save money? 
#12 Posted by Chris2KLee (2336 posts) -

I used to fight with my little Bro a lot, but now that we're grown up that's all in the past. One of the few people my family (extended or otherwise) that I can talk to about video games, comics and movies.

#13 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@Skytylz said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @Skytylz said:
" You guys will grow out of it.  How old is he? "
22 "
Well, that stinks that he still lives with your parents.  He going to a local college and living there to save money?  "
yup, I'm going to be doing the same thing but I'm looking for a job and try to help out my parents as much as I can. 
#14 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Skytylz said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @Skytylz said:
" You guys will grow out of it.  How old is he? "
22 "
Well, that stinks that he still lives with your parents.  He going to a local college and living there to save money?  "
yup, I'm going to be doing the same thing but I'm looking for a job and try to help out my parents as much as I can.  "
Yah, I might do the same thing.  He should be about done though, right?  Is he going into his 4th year?
#15 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I do have a brother (age 40) which i (age 33) love dearly, but... 
Somehow we're not 'connected'. 
We have totally different personalities and interests that don't cohese at all. 
Hence, we don't see eachother that much, although we live in the same city(!). 
Luckily, the Soccer WC event 'forces' us to visit one another a little more frequently. 
#16 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@Skytylz said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @Skytylz said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @Skytylz said:
" You guys will grow out of it.  How old is he? "
22 "
Well, that stinks that he still lives with your parents.  He going to a local college and living there to save money?  "
yup, I'm going to be doing the same thing but I'm looking for a job and try to help out my parents as much as I can.  "
Yah, I might do the same thing.  He should be about done though, right?  Is he going into his 4th year? "
He's going into his fifth.
#17 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I'm not on equal standing with my sister, who's 2 years older than me. She had a history of being a big meanie to me when I was younger. We're past that, but I'm not very well connected to her.

#18 Posted by myketuna (1700 posts) -

I love my brother. We used to "fight" when we were younger, but now that we're older we only fight when he does something dumb. I don't understand the hating each other thing, but then again maybe some older/younger brothers aren't as nice as we are. Nutshots and surprise slaps don't occur in this house. lol.

#19 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

My brother is a fucking douchebag.
#20 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@myketuna said:
" I love my brother. We used to "fight" when we were younger, but now that we're older we only fight when he does something dumb. I don't understand the hating each other thing, but then again maybe some older/younger brothers aren't as nice as we are. Nutshots and surprise slaps don't occur in this house. lol. "
I rather have that than my situation. Not once was I ever beaten up by him, my brother is kind of a wimp so I would push him if he got in my face, he just has this air of superiority even though he has done NOTHING. I can't wait to see him move out to the real world and realize he has to work for his money. 
#21 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@Daveyo520 said:
" My brother is a fucking douchebag. "
Finally someone who hates their brother lol
#22 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

We grew up.

#23 Posted by myketuna (1700 posts) -
@RE_Player92:  That's gross. But yeah, he'll learn eventually.
#24 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

Hate is way too strong a word.

#25 Edited by Vonocourt (2130 posts) -

Me and my older sister are not on good terms. She's been pissed at me because I "stole her birthday" for years, and that just spiraled into a bunch of other problems.

Online
#26 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -
@Vonocourt said:
"Me and my older sister are not on good terms. She's been pissed at me because I "stole her birthday" for years. "
How did you do this? 

@RE_Player92:
He fucking sucks. 
 
#27 Posted by Lawrens (688 posts) -

Nope, my brother helped me out a lot.

#28 Posted by Undeadpool (4943 posts) -

I've seen two people's lives literally ruined because they were watching out for their fuck-up brothers out of some misguided notion of "family." 

#29 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Families are overrated.

#30 Edited by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Not really, but I have 13 year old sister that is an enormous bitch to my parents. My other two siblings are pretty cool. 

#31 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

I love my older sister.

#32 Posted by dudeglove (7855 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" I do. I have a brother 4 years older than me and he has done absolutely nothing for me. He makes me angry every time I see him, he thinks he's better than everyone, he spends my parent's money like it was nothing, and my parents constantly fight because of him. If he moved out our lives would be so much better I know it, he took a week vacation on my parents dime on time and the house was so peaceful everyone was so relaxed. I think the whole stick by your brother or sister no matter what is a stupid thing to say. If someone is a douche than they are, no matter if they are your sibling or not. So what about you guys and your sibling relationships?  "
If he's the oldest in the family, tough luck. They get all the money and the respect (what with being the 'first'). The youngest get all the love and affection. I'm assuming you're a middle child. In which case: you suck. Your parents don't give a crap about you. deal with it.
 
And  yes, I am the youngest among my siblings, and it's fucking awesome.
#33 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

Nope, I love my kid sister very much. I can't even imagine hating a brother or sister. Ya'll are supposed to be close.

#34 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -

dot dot dot

#35 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -

When she was between the ages of 13-19 we really disliked each other. My sister's a little over 4 years older than me and when she finally got out of the whole high school teen phase we became really great friends. I always look forward to seeing her.

#36 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Undeadpool said:
" I've seen two people's lives literally ruined because they were watching out for their fuck-up brothers out of some misguided notion of "family."  "
There's nothing misguided about helping out your family. Its..uhhhhh...kind of....what you're supposed to do for your siblings.
#37 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I have an older brother.  We haven't been especially close in recent years but whatever, I don't hate him.

#38 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -

I have two younger sisters who I'm firm with but try to look out for the best interests of the family.

#39 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Skytylz said:
" You guys will grow out of it.  How old is he? "
22 "
and how old are  you? 
 
i have a brother that is 3 years older than me. when we were younger until middle school we would fight. at high school we would get a long. he had a job, so he was out. i got a job and we would both be out. he moved out in college, we barely talk.
#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@GunnBjorn said:
" I do have a brother (age 40) which i (age 33) love dearly, but... Somehow we're not 'connected'. We have totally different personalities and interests that don't cohese at all. Hence, we don't see eachother that much, although we live in the same city(!). Luckily, the Soccer WC event 'forces' us to visit one another a little more frequently.  "
ouch
#41 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I don't hate my sister, not at all. But she can get on my nerves pretty easily. But I guess that's part of the whole brother-sister thing.

#42 Posted by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -

I fucking adore my younger sisters and brothers. If something were to ever happen to them, I'd be so thoroughly devastated, it'd be unreal.

#43 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@dudeglove said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" I do. I have a brother 4 years older than me and he has done absolutely nothing for me. He makes me angry every time I see him, he thinks he's better than everyone, he spends my parent's money like it was nothing, and my parents constantly fight because of him. If he moved out our lives would be so much better I know it, he took a week vacation on my parents dime on time and the house was so peaceful everyone was so relaxed. I think the whole stick by your brother or sister no matter what is a stupid thing to say. If someone is a douche than they are, no matter if they are your sibling or not. So what about you guys and your sibling relationships?  "
If he's the oldest in the family, tough luck. They get all the money and the respect (what with being the 'first'). The youngest get all the love and affection. I'm assuming you're a middle child. In which case: you suck. Your parents don't give a crap about you. deal with it.  And  yes, I am the youngest among my siblings, and it's fucking awesome. "
I'm the youngest...
#44 Posted by mracoon (4971 posts) -

As the youngest of five boys there's plenty of times where my brothers and I have had 'disagreements'. In general we get along fine and the eldest two have children so they come around quite often.

Moderator
#45 Posted by mubblegum (250 posts) -

I'm an only child. I always wanted a big brother though.

#46 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Nope, definitely don't hate them. But sure, everybody gets annoyed with their siblings sometimes.

#47 Posted by Matiaz_Tapia (269 posts) -

 He thinks he's better than anyone and spends all your parent's money? Yup, he's 22 alright :P. 
  I love my siblings. But I'm the eldest, so probably they thought the same about me at some point...  

 ..Actually I believe my brother was saying something of those sorts more than once back then. Like pointing out how much money my parents were spending on me or how he thought I felt better than anyone else :S......damn, he really did hated me ...that kinda sucks.

#48 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -
@cooperfoyt said:
" I love my brother! "
#49 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -

Yeah I do! I'm practically fueled by hate.

#50 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
@cooperfoyt said:
" I love my brother! "