• 144 results
Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Sayishere

None, well unless you count sports games and fps.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Unfortunately, most of the 'gamer friends' I hang out with are what I'd call game hipsters, and only play indie-game-du-jour and Nintendo stuff. 

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By fugie7

Yeah. that's why there on my friend list...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By penguindust

I have a couple of gamer "acquaintances", meaning gamers I know through other non-gaming friends. They aren't really friends since we don't hang out or game together, but when I see them periodically, we ask each other what we've been playing and if it's any good. Polite chat among gamers as opposed to talking about the weather or work.

EDIT: Oh wait, I have one gaming friend but we only see each other once a year or longer than that. He lives across the country but his family is here. When he comes to visit them, one day or so while on his vacation, we get together to talk about life and play games.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Chop

Not a single one.

That's why I'm here

kogasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By kogasu

Only one really. All of my friends like video games but only one of them is really into them. Our tastes differ a bit but it's fine. Would be nice to have more though.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deox

A few of them will casually play the odd FPS or sports games, but beyond that I'm really the only one in my circle of friends that plays games regularly. I've been friends with a lot of them since I was a kid, and we all use to be really into gaming.. but they just grew out of it I guess. Once we hit high school we were far more interested in partying and chasing girls, but I can't fault them for it, I was guilty of it too. I didn't play a single game for around 3 years, but eventually got a new PC and rediscovered gaming. Luckily it's not my only interest, so them not really caring about games has never really been an issue with me.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Arbie

Hmm, yeah I do actually. But probably mostly because I don't have many friends haha. My boyfriend plays games a lot, and I guess most of my female friends do too. As for male friends, do my brothers count? Haha. They all play games!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By Hunter5024

I am easily the biggest gamer of all my friends, though they all play, one of them only plays mmos and really long games like Skyrim, one of them will only ever play games pre current generation, and one of them buys like every game, but beats maybe 5 a year.

@Video_Game_King said:

A condition for that would be to have friends in the first place. So no.

It's lonely being king.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#60  Edited By jacksukeru

I have 2 friends that I still meet and play games with or talk to over Skype or such, neither of them follow gaming news as much as I do though and neither of them own a console from this generation (not counting the Wii because that just basically became his Smash Bros machine) they've started doing most of their gaming on PC's.

One of them lives a fair bit from here so we aren't able to meet that often, the other is currently studying in Japan and have been for some time so we don't see each other much either, unfortunately.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By sparklykiss

I've got a pretty good amount of friends who play games. My sister and I are the only ones who keep up on the news, my one good friend follows his top favorite developers only, and my dad is really into very specific genres. A ton of my friends (and co-workers, even) take the console wars stuff much too seriously and only play a handful of games a year.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By supamon

@narley: Hah! That would be pretty cool. Like our very own games con.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By confusedowl

I have two friends that play games, but one only plays on the PS3. The other one only plays WoW and COD and thinks all other games are shit.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By TehFlan

I have a handful of friends that are into games, but most of them I don't see whle I'm at school. It works out though, since that's when I play the least games.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@falserelic said:

I got 2 gamer friends, and a few online buddies.

Same here.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By csl316

Most of my oldest friends are into games. We used to play sports all day, and games when the sun went down. Sports kind of went away but games have not!

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mandude

Aside from my sister who's only 14, no. Then again, I've yet to go outside since moving to Seattle.

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By narley

You and your sister. That's cool. I've only meet one gamer girl in my life, we used to be coworkers. We got along great, but after quitting I never saw her again. I always try to get the girl I'm dating to game, but they just fake a little interest in it so I end up not doing it again, I get it though since we ended up dating for other reasons. That's what most guys want, someone to share hobbies with, you'll make a couple of gamer guys very happy(:

You game with your sister, that's nice. Most people I know get along fine with their's but don't include them in their activities.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By dichemstys

Yeah. I basically hung out with people in school that were into games.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#71  Edited By apathylad

Not counting people I know from the internet, no, I don't have too many gamer friends. Some of the people I used to play Call of Duty with either lost interest in games, or we lost touch. There are still some friends I have that play games occasionally, but not as much as I do.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#72  Edited By sjschmidt93

They play Co D, Madden, NBA 2 K, and DCUO. So not really.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#73  Edited By Sooperspy

Well, being in highschool, I have a good few friends that are gamers. And a lot that just play stuff like COD and Madden.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74  Edited By wmoyer83

I have a good friend who is actually here on the site. He is actually in school for Game design and technology in Las Vegas. He is incredibly smart and talented. I would not call him a "gamer", it seems somewhat beneath him. He more is less is into the culture of games. He knows every developer and publisher, and all media outlets. He actually introduced me to Giant Bomb, along with other gaming sites like mega64 and joystiq. He lives and breathes games, and I am also certain he will be a big name in the industry some day. I think he would be a perfect fit here on the staff. Hey, it could happen. One of our shining moments was beating Portal 2. We also teamed up on the Scott Pilgrim game. Hes a cool dude.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

plays more games than I do and she's better than me at most. Other than her and though, I don't really play games with people all that much. It doesn't really bother me, most people I know have PS3s (Which I don't), the fact that I've transitioned a lot of my time from 360 to PC gaming probably doesn't help either.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#76  Edited By HadesTimes

Just a couple and they have really hectic jobs so we hardly ever play together.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure I have friends that play Call of Duty, GTA, Final Fantasy, Gears of War, and other mostly well known games. I don't have any friends that are into Videogames as much as I am though. It kind of sucks, anytime I try to have a discussion about a game or some sort of news the only reply I get is "Whatever, they're just games" if I get one at all. The number dwindles even more when it comes to family, they only play Fifa, Call of Duty, and MMA.

That what I have Giantbomb for, the interesting perspectives and discussions about videogames from both the staff and the community. I would love to have someone to talk to in person, but hey, what can you do.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By PillClinton

Nah, man, right there with you. You'll never find that perfect friend who can transcend their one main interest and take on all of yours too. If you do, you're incredibly lucky. That's why you have to diversify and have the gaming friend, the chuckle-head party-type sports and cars and girls friend, the intellectual nerd friend (sometimes also gaming friend), etc. Sometimes I feel like I spread myself too thin or something and have more personal interests/hobbies/passions I'm really enthusiastic about than any friends I've ever had. But, alas, maybe that's just me internalizing stuff and being a bit arrogant about the whole thing, I don't know.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GalacticPunt

I'm a lot like the OP, all of my in-real-life friends aren't interested in video games. Among all of them, there are two Wii's that are mainly used for Netflix streaming, maybe a bit of Wii Fit.

An actual conversation:

A friend: "I like having this Wii, but there are a lot of bad games out there"

Me: "Oh, I know. You can't just grab anything off the shelves"

A friend: "Yeah, I just rented Super Mario Galaxy 2 and it was terrible"

Me: "Whaaaaaaaa??!?!" (really, I don't think my jaw could have dropped any lower)

A friend: "The controls were impossible!"

I'd say the common threads that bring my group of friends together are booze, movies, and rock music. So that leaves me as the weird one who drove up to California Extreme alone this weekend...

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

My friends are pretty casual. My one buddy plays a ton of Starcraft 2 but that's it. Kinda sucks.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Zekhariah

I have a handful of friends into games.

Half of them pirate most of what they play, despite being able to buy at least a reasonable entry level car with cash >.>. So my friends showed me that DRM is a necessary evil.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#82  Edited By Vinny_Says
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By wrighteous86

My friends only play Madden and shooters (and maybe a few classic Nintendo games). Aside from random guys in college, my current girlfriend is the only person I'm close to that goes any deeper than that.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By CaLe

I had clan mates and guild friends though the years and occasionally played games with my old high school friends before they became drug fiends. Now I have NOTHING!! NOTHINGGGG!! Oh the humanity. I just cry myself to sleep hoping that one day I will find a gamer friend.. one day I will find you, my gamer friend..

@Zekhariah said:

I have a handful of friends into games.

Half of them pirate most of what they play, despite being able to buy at least a reasonable entry level car with cash >.>. So my friends showed me that DRM is a necessary evil.

Because DRM stops piracy?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#85  Edited By Deranged

Just my cousin in Toronto. One of my best buds hates single player campaigns and only ever plays multiplayer. My other two best mates only play whatever is popular and sports games i.e Halo, Battlefield, COD and Madden.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ProfessorK

99% of my friends are gamers. Thats what brought most of us together initially in high school. And from then, most of us still play even today.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#87  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

About half of them play games.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ProfessorK

Also, I realize that PSO is the game that brought us all together... Man I miss those days-_-

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#89  Edited By RIDEBIRD

About 20 online buddies that I see as close. I'm the leader of a small group of PC gaming dudes that know eachother through a forum, a guild or something or real life, and together we all can play vidya games. Other then that my two closest IRL friends are both 'hardcore gamers' and in the same group, and in my more extended group about 50% play games pretty seriously. My girlfriend plays L4D and other shooters some times as well.

I guess I've sort of influenced people to like games and also surrounded myself with likeminded people.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By shiftymagician

I got a couple of people that know enough about games that I would classify them as 'gamer friends'. However it's safe to say that I'm the only one in my social circle that would chat in a forum like this, stay up for something like E3 press conferences live or even watch something like the GB TNT and such.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By CL60

Sadly no. The closest is a guy who hates everything, literally everything. I used to have a good friend who was very into games, but he turned into an assface after high school. It was DualReaver so thats not really that surprising though.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By dropabombonit

I have a few. But Grant and Chris are the only guys who are as big into them as me

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By wjb

Nope. I'm the only person in my group of friends that plays video games regularly.

I have one friend who owns a 360 with sports games from four or five years ago that he never plays, and another one who owns a PS3, mostly for Blu-ray. To have an idea of how little they know about games, the PS3 friend loved Conan the Barbarian growing up, and bought that Conan game from five years ago simply because it was based on the franchise. He didn't play it long.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Welding

I study game design and development, so I find myself to be surrounded by people that play games. Pretty much all of my friends play videogames to some capacity, and we co-op a lot.

theANCIENTgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By theANCIENTgray

I have a few gamer friends but they value different things when it comes to enjoying a game. I'm way more into challenging stuff like Dark Souls. My best friend just likes to play for story. We simply cannot play games together. It never works.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#96  Edited By Scrawnto

@narley said:

Living far away from your friends is hard.

In just the last week or so, some of us have started playing Left 4 Dead 2 online. It's been a lot of fun, though the lag can be somewhat annoying.

Mixwizzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Mixwizzard

Most of my friends vidya something that isn't cawwadooty.

I am thankful

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:

plays more games than I do and she's better than me at most. Other than her and though, I don't really play games with people all that much. It doesn't really bother me, most people I know have PS3s (Which I don't), the fact that I've transitioned a lot of my time from 360 to PC gaming probably doesn't help either.

I agree. To me owning you and admitting that the 360 is better than PC!

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I have 1 gamer friend in real life, and we always seem to be online at the same time, and I can only think of one time in the six years that I've known him that we've been playing the same game at the same time.

When I was in college, most of my friends were gamers. But now all the people I know don't play games.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Socialone

In high school, I was lucky enough to have two major groups of friends (15+ people) -- one was like yours, heavy emphasis on sports, girls and cars but the other was composed of metal head gamers. Now 3 years later, all of us are in college but I still hangout with each group about once a month.