Don't You Hate It When People Act Tough On The Internet?

• 87 results
Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Slurpelve

@Jams: Thanks man!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By NTM

@falserelic said:

@NTM said:

@falserelic said:

@NTM said:

Wait, I just want to get this straight. You played with a friend online, so you put on a headset, and after a while, your friend had someone else, a friend, come on and say shit about you? If this is the case, I'd ask your friend why he knows someone like that. Or was it just some random person you and your friend didn't know? I don't play online much, and I think this is one of the reasons, but mostly because I care much more about playing campaign. I always mute everyone whenever I play online. I've never had anyone ever attack me or say anything to me personally negatively, but it seems to me that every match has someone being annoying.

He knew him but I don't think he knew that he was racist.

I don't know, I'm sure he did, but if he didn't, will he now do anything about it, like persuade this guy to act different, or simply stop being his friend? Did your friend help you in this argument when you guys were going at it, or did he just sit there and listen?

He kept trying to make the guy stop. The guy on my friends list I knew for about two years. I don't think he would have tried to set me up with a racist.

Alright. I just wanted to make sure. Anyways, sorry about what happened, that's shit.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Jams

@living4theday258 said:

wow...... people these days.... I don't see why someone has to hate on someone else like that, i would bet he just did it to "look cool" in front of his friend... I know people who would do it because they think its cool... Jewish people, black people, Mexicans(im in america and that's the most dominate foreign race here i think) Asians they all catch shit from people who think its "the cool thing to do" but when they're not around anyone they think they will impress they don't give the above people the shit they normally give out.

I think it's more internet anonymity than to impress people. I actually caught my little cousin say certain racial slur back when he was around 13 and I was in shock. The whole time I kept wondering where he learned to talk like that. If he said what he said in front of anyone other than me, he would have got his ass whooped, that's for sure. Luckily, he doesn't seem to spout those things anymore and seems like the complete opposite of what he used to act like when he was 13.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By falserelic

@Jams said:

@falserelic: @BadSniper52: I just want to go ahead and apologies for the way you guys are treated online. It's fucking gross what some people say (and probably think). Please don't consider what those people say as anything other than jealousy and hate projected on to you. I hope karma will make it up to you in the near future.

For me I'm use to it. I had alot of racist experiences in my life outside of gaming. Its just stuff I have to go through in my life from time to time. I'm sure there's a few racist people on this site aswell that hates me.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#55  Edited By MooseyMcMan

That sounds more like racism and hate speech than acting tough to me...But yeah. Stuff like that is bad.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@mikethekilla said:

The only time I ever use a mic is when I'm playing with a group of friends. I find that most people that most people that have their mics on aren't saying shit worth listening to anyway.

This times a million.

Also, it's easy to act tough online because there's virtually no consequences except for those few rare occasions where someone completely loses their mind, but other than that, it's practically a free-for-all. It has reached disgusting levels and my tolerance for games like Tribes, DotA2, and just competitive online games in general is one step away from being non-existent.

At this point, I'm just baffled. I would assume a large portion of online gamers are generally respectable people who you would see in real life and think nothing bad about them. But then those same people get online and all decency goes out the window like someone handed them a license to be an asshole. I just don't get it. People shouldn't be that comfortable acting like complete shit just because no one is going to do anything about it. it's just...sad.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Nottle

I usually find dumbass tough guys really funny, I kind of miss the days of no party chat on xbox. You can run into some real pathetic shitheads that are easy to laugh at or once in a while ok people. I don't really care if someone super frustrated calls me names.

That being said I'm sorry to hear that someone went that far. Sending pictures of dead people, thats just messed up. Seems like at that point he could be banned. That dudes clearly crazy.

I know this isn't as serious but my friends play Halo wars and about a week ago they were almost defeated but one of my friends managed to make a comeback with 3 level 3 scarabs.

One of the people they beat, a girl, must have sent them like 20 messages during and after the game, 1 of them voiced, claiming they were cheaters and that she actually won, and that they were dumbasses. My friends sent her messages back saying "no, the points are ours, we won, look at the leaderboards, learn to count." I mean my one friend had a score of over 20,000. She was just butt hurt about it. To sound tough she talked about how she knows German, Portuguese, French and that she "did the math"... whatever the hell that means. She lost, fair and square and kept threatening that they would be banned. It was pretty pathetic.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By living4theday258

@Jams: perhaps it is, maybe its just the area I live in....

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By killacam

@falserelic said:

@killacam said:

wait you're black? this changes everything

You got a problem with that?

hmm, well this joke backfired. also:

Don't You Hate It When People Act Tough On The Internet?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By falserelic

@killacam: I knew you was joking I was messing with you.

theANCIENTgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By theANCIENTgray

@falserelic said:

You know like random people that try to diss you or act like they will do harm to you? I was playing Payday: The Heist earlier and I got into a argument with this guy. I normally don't like using my mic, because lots of times I usually come across ignorant people. But this time I used my mic because I was playing with a online friend. He invited one of his buddy's to the match, and as soon as this guy heard my voice he had a problem with me.

Apparently he was racist and started calling me abunch of racial slurs. I didn't do nothing to offend the guy outside of being black. He kept going on about how all N's should be extinct. That I'm the worst part of society and he wish he was there to kill me. We got into a really heated argument and after I got fed up I left the game. Afterwards the same guy sent me pics of dead black people, and he sent a pic of himself holding a KKK sign with a middle finger raised. I deleted the pics and blocked him.

Stuff like that is the reason why I don't like using my mic online anymore. I always seem to come across abunch of assholes.

Apparently? There's nothing apparent about this.

You think that this is a simple case of "tough guy on the internet"? I'd report him immediately. I can take a lot of language and personal insults but this sort of stuff is bordering on death threats.

Avatar image for belligerentengine
BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that's a pretty big bummer, people are assholes on the internet as a general rule, but that's taking it a few steps further.

At least you can take solace in the fact that, that person is basically a non functional piece of trash that contributes nothing of any note to the continuation of the human race.

Thus by his very existence he actually increases your value as a human being. It's like a karmic bell curve if you will...

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By kindgineer

Damn, what a jackass. You should honestly give Microsoft a call and submit those pictures to them in hopes of getting his Xbox banned as well as possibly some judicial pressure.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By TheHT

@theANCIENTgray: Well it is a death threat. Dude said he wished he was there so he could kill falserelic.

Shit's fucked up. That's not a plain case of someone acting tough.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By Red

It amazes me how many people are still exactly like the villains in awful civil rights movies.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By Getz

whoa... that's... horrible. I don't listen to or engage in voice chat anywhere. If I need to talk to friends I join a private channel, because no way in hell am I wading in to that cesspool.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By salad10203

fuck him, karma exists for guys like that

High_Nunez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By High_Nunez

There's a story I'd like to tell you. One time I was playing Black Ops, and it was me, some dudes who also didn't have any mics, a black dude, and this one obnoxious internet racist. The black dude had a mic, and mostly kept to himself, and apparently someone near him was speaking to him, a kid brother or something, and when he responded, the racist dude caught on and started doing his whole bigot shpiel. He just kept dogging him the entire game. At the time, I wasn't in the habit of automatically muting people as soon as they became obnoxious, like I am now. Anyway, during the intermission alot of the mic-less people on my team left, and when the next game started it was just me, the black dude, and the racist guy. So the prick kept bugging the mostly quiet black dude. Then, all of a sudden, the rest of my teams open spaces filled up. Apparently the quiet black dude invited some of his friends into the game who were also black, and they all just went to work on that racist prick. They wouldn't even let the guy speak, whenever he tried they'd sarcastically scream "WHITE POWER!!" in a mock southern accent. You could hear the frustration in the kids voice, especially when they actually let him get two words in, and then they all just spoke over him, mocking him the whole time. Eventually he left, and a laugh was had by all. The end.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it when people play a character on the internet in general as opposed to simply being genuine in themselves.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#72  Edited By Draugen

Wow. Humanity proves its worth yet again. Jesus wept...

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Strife777

I always say "Internet, best and worst invention in the world." Great center of information and communication, but you got to take everything as a package deal, good and bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-66361f5b4a584
deactivated-66361f5b4a584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont mind it cause I knew I can kick their asses, plus I know one of these keyboard warriors and he looks like mclovin so I assume they all look like him.

But that's some pretty over the top shit that happened to you.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By swoxx
Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@TeflonBilly What's that from? Some guys were quoting it at each other during a game of TF2 last night.
Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77  Edited By Cincaid

I've been mostly lucky on XBL, usually it's just weird kids that keeps talking to themselves. Once in a while, of course, someone is there to make your experience as miserable as possible. Very first time I tried an online match in THPS:HD my opponent kept screaming and laughing in his mic, because he was leading ahead of me in points. "HAHAHA WHAT A FUCKING TOOL YOU ARE YOU WASTE OF INTERNET", and so on. In the end I just muted him, and then reported/blocked him once the match was over.

Turns out he was some youtuber who was doing his own guide videos and such. I posted on one of his videos, warning his subscribers and viewers what a fucking asshole he was when playing online, and it was very satisfactory to see his subscriber count go down by the thousands a day later. He even tried to apologize there, but too little too late.

Other than that, as I said, I've been mostly lucky. Mostly...

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By rpgee

And this is why I either don't play with people I don't know, don't play with mic, or only if I feel up to being a patronising, incredibly sincere nice person to all of the arseholes out there. Also haters gonna hate, just ignore the fuckers or be willing to turn their hate into love.

Finally, I feel an important question has been missed. Would you recommend Payday: The Heist?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@TeflonBilly What's that from? Some guys were quoting it at each other during a game of TF2 last night.

It's just a copypasta of some sad internet tough guy who thought he was scaring people by claiming to be such a well connected armyman who was gonna get you

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@TeflonBilly Oh shit, someone said that sincerely? Haha
legendlexicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By legendlexicon

As much as the internet has given me, I'm starting to really really hate it. Coming from being a regular on /v/ (fuck that place), sometimes I think we'd have all been better off with a central hub of knowledge separate from anonymous communication.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I hate when that happens lol.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By falserelic

@RPGee said:

Would you recommend Payday: The Heist?

For me Payday: The Heist is a pretty fun game. It plays similar to left for dead and next week there's going to be new DLC. The DLC is going to be called wolfpack which includes 2 new levels and new weapons. But be warned if your new to payday you will encounter alot of asshole's online. You will have people bitch at you if you don't have a mic, and you will get kicked out of matches alot. I can guarantee that this will happen.

If you want to fully enjoy payday. Its best to play the game with a group of friends. The game is worth checking out if your in the mood to play a co-op game.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By falserelic

@High_Nunez said:

There's a story I'd like to tell you. One time I was playing Black Ops, and it was me, some dudes who also didn't have any mics, a black dude, and this one obnoxious internet racist. The black dude had a mic, and mostly kept to himself, and apparently someone near him was speaking to him, a kid brother or something, and when he responded, the racist dude caught on and started doing his whole bigot shpiel. He just kept dogging him the entire game. At the time, I wasn't in the habit of automatically muting people as soon as they became obnoxious, like I am now. Anyway, during the intermission alot of the mic-less people on my team left, and when the next game started it was just me, the black dude, and the racist guy. So the prick kept bugging the mostly quiet black dude. Then, all of a sudden, the rest of my teams open spaces filled up. Apparently the quiet black dude invited some of his friends into the game who were also black, and they all just went to work on that racist prick. They wouldn't even let the guy speak, whenever he tried they'd sarcastically scream "WHITE POWER!!" in a mock southern accent. You could hear the frustration in the kids voice, especially when they actually let him get two words in, and then they all just spoke over him, mocking him the whole time. Eventually he left, and a laugh was had by all. The end.

I've seen stuff like that happen before. It even happen to me when I was playing halo 3 back when I first started playing online games. I remember I had 2 white guys and 1 girl talking shit to me. The guys kept talking about that all black guys have small dicks, and that white guys dicks is bigger then black guys. The girl kept saying she find black people ugly.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Arbie

Whoa, what the . . . that story makes me want to act like a tough guy on the internet and smack that %£&%$^ up! Can't you get him banned or something?

Anyway, onto the question. I never speak online unless I'm with friends. Even then it's only in party chat and if we join a match on anything I always ask to make sure only the people in the party can hear us. I've never had to deal with any rubbish from anyone and I don't plan to. Well, that and I'm pretty shy haha. But yeah, I don't know what kind of abuse a girl gets if she talks in multiplayer but I'm guessing the word kitchen comes up a lot.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#86  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@falserelic said:

You know like random people that try to diss you or act like they will do harm to you? I was playing Payday: The Heist earlier and I got into a argument with this guy. I normally don't like using my mic, because lots of times I usually come across ignorant people. But this time I used my mic because I was playing with a online friend. He invited one of his buddy's to the match, and as soon as this guy heard my voice he had a problem with me.

Apparently he was racist and started calling me abunch of racial slurs. I didn't do nothing to offend the guy outside of being black. He kept going on about how all N's should be extinct. That I'm the worst part of society and he wish he was there to kill me. We got into a really heated argument and after I got fed up I left the game. Afterwards the same guy sent me pics of dead black people, and he sent a pic of himself holding a KKK sign with a middle finger raised. I deleted the pics and blocked him.

Stuff like that is the reason why I don't like using my mic online anymore. I always seem to come across abunch of assholes.

Was this on Xbox Live? If so, two things:

1) Go into your user settings, and set your voice chat to "friends only"

2) Report him. Not only can you report him though the xbox service itself (file report, not player review), but after an interaction that hostile, I would go so far as to call MS itself and see what you can accomplish over the phone as well. If he sent you pictures or text, I would think there would be a record of that.

This isn't a freedom of speech thing either, as those actions are CLEARLY against the MS Live terms of service.

Also NEVER argue with people like this. Just like trolls on the internet, that's what they're looking for. Chances are also quite good that he just pulled the pictures that he set you off the internet.

And next time, just immediately disconnect. The less he gets out of the interaction the less satisfied he will be.

Mixwizzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Mixwizzard
No Caption Provided

Lest we not forget

"Say that to my face in real life not a computr scrnn and ill kick ur ass"

One time I did get into a facebook argument with this "gangbanger" (he wishes) kid. Was pretty pathetic on both ends :|

BigDaddyDre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By BigDaddyDre

Wow, that's sort of appalling. I knew there were trolls everywhere, but that kind of blatant ignorance and disrespect? Makes me a little sick actually.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I too have a love/hate relationship with the internet. Assholes and scumbag trolls are the worst part of it. I can be a dick sometimes, but it's only when i'm pushed, but even then I don't go low enough to bring race/sexuality/gender into the argument. People who do that are uncreative and lack any real humor.