• 97 results
ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ItBeStefYo

I feel like I have no hope in passing my higher Physics exam, so I've given up on it. Its a pretty saddenning situation but I know I have to face reality.

Anyone else ever done this?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Hell naw.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3  Edited By JasonR86
@ItBeStefYo:

Maybe in high school but not in college.
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

I never went to my geography exam when I was at school.
ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ItBeStefYo
@JasonR86: Yeah this is a high school situation. I just hate separating my brain into so many subjects and having two exams on one day doesnt help
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60

Study more.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By penguindust

Absolutely.  I've even just randomly penciled in those little bubbles because not even guessing would offer better results.  Blind chance was just as likely to produce the same test score. 

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Just put down random answers if you have to, but NEVER EVER just give up. It makes you more stupid than you already are for not knowing the answers.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I feel like abandoning all hope for my final physics exam as optics are kicking my ass, but I won't. I've never failed a final exam and I'm not about to at the end of secondary school.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By JasonR86
@ItBeStefYo:

I know it kind of sucks and is a lot to handle.  But, it is analogous to what you'll have to do when you work or go to college.  I may have given up on an exam on high school but it was because I didn't have the motivation to care.  Looking back, I was being pretty irresponsible.  I should have looked at it as I look at my college work and exams.  Trying to look at your school exams and work as a job.  Approach it with the same care and dedication you would approach your career.  I've found that by looking at school that way I'm more motivated to do what is necessary to succeed.
Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Surkov
@ItBeStefYo: What kind of physics course is it? I'm taking Electrical & Magnetism (Calculus Based), and I've been hating it all semester. 

To answer the thread topic, I feel like quitting almost every Calc 3 test I take. Somehow always manage a 'C', but nothing better. 
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf

Only on one. Calculus teacher at my college was an absolute asshole. He gave us a study guide for the test saying that if we could do all the problems in the guide we would be adequately prepared for the test. The test was on entirely different subjects that we hadn't even covered yet. I quickly dropped that class.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By cookiemonster

Well thats dumb.

Dedodido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dedodido
@ItBeStefYo: Is there a particular area you're finding troublesome? I'm in my fourth year studying physics at university, got my final exam on tuesday, perhaps I can be of some help.
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aus_azn

Better to get a 20 than a 0...

Avatar image for izbaadin_islamabad
Izbaadin_Islamabad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I skipped an exam once to go buy Half-Life when some store got it early.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Azteck

I did like last Thursday. I just can't handle that type of math.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#18  Edited By Danteveli

I have never given up on exam. I may come unprepared or not caring about result but I won' let the win by default.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By beforet

No.

Freezer_Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Freezer_Burn

Nope. Even when I thought there was no hope, I went, tried, and pulled it off somehow.

Jaserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jaserno

I personally haven't, but a friend of mine last year almost broke down over a GIS and satellite remote sensing exam and eventually walked out. Luckily for him, he passed the module without it.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FCKSNAP

I forgot to take my supplies to an Algebra Finals test in highschool once. I turned in a blank piece of paper with no writing at all (no name etc.). Teacher gave me a B.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ItBeStefYo
@Surkov: @Dedodido:  The topics in my course are, Radiation and matter, Electricity and Electronics, and Mechanics and properties of matter.
There arent really particular areas, I just lack the capacity to remember every detail of how things work like, Capacitators block d.c signals and not a.c signals  and just trip up on things that were designed to be tripped up on
CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By CSXLoser

i had to get a 93 on the exam to pass my chemistry class with an A....or get at least 65 to pass with a B

Guess what route i took :)  
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By crusader8463

Grade 9 French exam. We had to be able to hold a two paragraph conversation with the teacher and I couldn't even remember the first line. Fuck god dam I hate French so much. If it wasn't forced on us for all of those years I wouldn't have cared, but it was and I do.

elbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By elbon

Once during a exam that i knew I need only one question to pass, I nearly stood up and left half way through my 3rd out of 4 question because I knew I passed and was bored

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Karl_Boss

I pretty much gave up on the SAT cause I felt like shit during it, I just took the ACT instead.

ma_rc_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ma_rc_01

There was this one problem in my third year college math exam that I had absolutely no idea what to do, so I drew a Christmas tree.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By PerryVandell

No, it's better to try and fail at something than to not try at all.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zombie2011

Yeah mid way through my Thermo 2 final i realized i was fucked and just left.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ckeats

I went into my high school chemistry exam with a 50% average and knew there was no hope. I did the multiple choice and walked out.

Final marks came out, my average was a 25%.
Never looked back at chemistry.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By mikemcn

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I just gave you an answer to something on that exam, see, your not helpless!
adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By adz117

My University recently decided to put my two exams 1 day apart from each other, with only two days revision time. So I picked one to revise for and totally failed the other. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Claude

I gave up on college 20 years ago. That shit just wasn't for me.

Monte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Monte
@ItBeStefYo: If you're giving up on a high school physics exam, good luck when you get to college
Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By James_ex_machina

Yes. About 15 years ago I was sick of my job working on a printing press and thought about going in the air force to get free education for a new career.
I talked to a recruiter and started my path to enlisting. During the whole experience I learned that I'm NOT the type of person that would like being in the military.
I appreciate those men and women who join and protect us but it's not for me. Anyway. I took the ASVAB test and my recruiter told me that I was one of the 7 out of 53 that scored really high. Then I was told I had to stay another day to take an officers test or advanced test(forgot the name of the test...). I ended up stuck at the local military base for the weekend because you had to bus up with the group. Meanwhile a blizzard had hit central PA and we couldn't leave anyway. While waiting to take the second test and to go home I realized I hated the whole experience. Half way through the advanced test I sort of said f' this and marked ACDC on the test card throughout. I got reamed out by the recruiter on the way home. After a month he called and tried to convince me to give it a second try. I'm glad I didn't. 

elbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By elbon
@ma_rc_01: I can top that, A friend of my drew Charmander taking a flaming poo
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cstrang

Once, after I got the exam and worked through it, I got to the last question and had no idea how to go about solving the problem (high-level mathematics) and just wrote "Merry Christmas!" with a few smiley faces...

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SirOptimusPrime
@Elbon: The best I ever did was after seeing the stupid fake tests put up on the internet of people ad-libbing standardized tests, I drew a giraffe on a ScanTron test for U.S. History 9 and demanded bonus points. Bonus points were given, and to this day I have never questioned it. 
sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sjupp

Oh shit. Yeah.. There's even a psychological group or something I can identify with. Those of us who've had it incredibly fucking easy up until one point and then suddenly, because you haven't actually learned to study properly, shit started to get fucking hard. I've rarely ever opened a school book up until now. The last term of the last year of high school and finally shit is starting to hit the fan.

I tend to give up easily whenever I face these types of challenges. I have ridiculous standards when trying to write something which makes it even harder. I can never 'just write something', it won't go unto the paper unless I think it sounds perfect in my head.

So yeah.. I've given up on a couple of things lately and now I'm paying for it.
Somehow (to my friends annoyances) my life continues to be a cakewalk. Without my education finished. I'll have landed this sweet ass translating-job earning me somewhere between $2,500 - $3,500 a fucking month!

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ben_H

Absolutely, my Math 110 final last term at uni.  Around 40% of the final had nothing to do with the course (As in we had never learned it, it wasn't covered in our textbook, or seemed like a broken question.  One question gave us one number of which we had to use to calculate 2 others without any formulae given or information to make an equation and the question was worded so complexely, I didn't even try it.  Everything I did I got right, and I ended up with a 65%, which dropped my mark a ton, which made me so mad because I had worked so hard for it.  The class average for that final was below 45% so they had to curve marks.

I had a sociology midterm I gave up trying on (I finished it but didn't do well).  It was one of the worst written tests I had ever seen.  Instead of focusing on things relevant to the course (theories, theorists, ideas and whatnot, which I had studied and could recite on command), they chose to ask bullshit questions like dates (IE: What year did X happen) or numbers that were in the textbook (IE: According to your textbook, how many people did X happen to in the year 1999), or other things unrelated to the course material that happened to be in the textbook (definitions of things unrelated to the course.  I got these right).  Basically the midterm was for people who memorized the textbook without actually learning the material.  I felt so ripped off after that midterm that I almost dropped the class.  Luckily I got a 85% on the term paper (my essay was on Christian Creationism and the harms of it being in the science classroom), and aced the final and I ended up with a fairly decent mark.  When I become a teacher I will make sure to never have crap like that on my tests.

@adz117 said:
My University recently decided to put my two exams 1 day apart from each other, with only two days revision time. So I picked one to revise for and totally failed the other. 
My university did that, but instead of a day apart they were the same day, both on the first day of finals, so I had a weekend to study for them because I had two essays I had due the week prior I had been working on for about a month.  I tried to get it changed but they refused.  I ended up passing but doing terrible on both.  But then again, the one prof marked hard for the sake of marking hard and no one did well in the class.
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mighty
    This close.
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheFreeMan

Never give up, never surrender.

Though I did skip my last Physics 12 exam because the grade I would get would likely put me into failing range, but that was just a wise decision.
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By Kyreo

Never.  I always try to eliminate dumb answers if I don't know the answer.

Hawk456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hawk456

Suck it up and push on... life only gets harder.  But seriously, you were smart enough getting into higher physics, don't be lazy abou getting out.
sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sjupp

Half of the posters here seem like they would be war-torn military men in a few years with their iron will and hardcore mottos.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By soldierg654342

Only once; Macro-economics. That shit's pure voodoo. Anyone who says they understand it is lying to you. 

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By Slaker117

I've simply not taken tests a few times because my grade was high enough to take the hit. It's always fun to do that.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dany

I would rather sit on a question for 30 minutes looking at it before giving up

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Deusx

Yes, this has happened to me but not for exams since I do not have them, I do big projects for college and that counts as my exams... believe me... I would rather do 5 exams for each project. But yeah, I've given up many times... Just take a rest and try to do your best man. It is best if you are well rested and know nothing than knowing everything and being tired and shit.