• 170 results
#1 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

My two are Brand New and Neutral Milk Hotel. Sadly, after Brand New's last album Daisy in '09 they said they wouldn't be releasing an album for a long time. And NMH? Well, that was a long shot to begin with. Any bands/artists you guys want an album from that doesn't seem to be in any rush to do so?

#2 Posted by Daneian (1202 posts) -

Well, Alex tweeted that At the Drive In is back, so that might have been taken care of.

#3 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@Daneian

Well, Alex tweeted that At the Drive In is back, so that might have been taken care of.

Holy shit. My day is made. Love Mars Volta...but yeah, I'd rather have this
#4 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Glassjaw or Head Automatica.

#5 Posted by ProfessorEss (7253 posts) -

Faith No More.

#6 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

Pig Destroyer. I think they finally have an album coming out this year though.

#7 Posted by EVO (3850 posts) -

Tame Impala. I think they're still touring their last album, so it'll be a while until their next.

@wmaustin55 said:

@Daneian

Holy shit. My day is made.

Same here. Fuck yes.

#8 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Id like to hear something from Tool following 10,000 days.

#9 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

Cult of Luna probably...

#10 Posted by Aetheldod (3495 posts) -

Summoning .... they are long overdue for a new record

#11 Edited by Everyones_A_Critic (6285 posts) -

The Dirty Heads are releasing a new album this spring, but I've been waiting for this shit for about two years now. The fact that it's finally coming has me pretty pumped, as I've heard a few of the songs live and they sound great. I'm also pumped for the new Marilyn Manson album. It goes without saying that I hope Detox drops this year, but we all know that won't happen.

#12 Posted by ThePickle (4152 posts) -

Earl Sweatshirt

#13 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1726 posts) -

@Adamsons said:

I would love to hear some new TooL.

#14 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

@Daneian

Holy shit. My day is made. Love Mars Volta...but yeah, I'd rather have this

@Animasta said:

Cult of Luna probably...

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@Adamsons said:

I would love to hear some new TooL.

all of this

@laserbolts said:

Glassjaw or Head Automatica.

Glassjaw brought out an EP last year, that (imho) was fucking awesome, if you after an album like EYEWTKAS or W&T you might be out of luck, i get the impression they are somewhat "over that shit"

#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

@Adamsons said:

Absolutely. This and Modest Mouse.

#16 Posted by bushpusherr (760 posts) -

Karnivool.

#17 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Them Crooked Vultures

#18 Posted by ilovebees (75 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

Brand New

This

#19 Edited by HisDudeness (251 posts) -

Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, also heard rumors that Godspeed You! Black Emperor were recording. Also Big K.R.I.T., Madvillain, the Ghostface-DOOM collaboration, and the Liquid Swords sequel.

#20 Posted by Goboard (103 posts) -

Rush, a new album is already in the process and nearly done. Super excited for it!

#21 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Hmmmm, I wouldn't mind seeing a new album from School Food Punishment. They did have a new single out about a month ago though, so I can't complain!

#22 Posted by TehBuLL (588 posts) -

SOAD...or QOTSA please...that's all I want ever.

#23 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

Also Gojira, though their album is coming in the spring so I don't have to wait too long

#24 Posted by ajamafalous (11807 posts) -

It'd be cool if Arctic Monkeys released a new album that wasn't horse shit like their newest. Literally zero good songs on that album.

#25 Edited by BlastProcessing (910 posts) -

My Bloody Valentine, Kevin Shields said he was working on the new album like what, four years ago?

Also, I want Dre to just release Detox, it's gonna be bad anyways.

EDIT: Almost forgot the new Deltron 3030 album, Del better release that one, I have high hopes.

#26 Posted by HisDudeness (251 posts) -

@BlastProcessing said:

At this point Detox is set to be the Duke Nukem Forever of hip hop

#27 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

Pedro The Lion, and that will be a long shot since that is not a band anymore. God I love that band, I'm going to go listen to Control now, I suggest everyone else do the same.

#28 Posted by PassiveKaerenai (326 posts) -

I woulda said Godspeed You Black Emperor, but what with these rumours re At the Drive-In... :)

#29 Posted by SuperSambo (2849 posts) -
  • Gallows (with at least a half decent vocalist...)
  • A Ghost of a Thousand
  • +44

Now im depressed as none of these are likely to happen... Thankfully Every Time I Die and Enter Shikari are just around the corner.

@ajamafalous said:

It'd be cool if Arctic Monkeys released a new album that wasn't horse shit like their newest. Literally zero good songs on that album.

Suck it and See is amazing! I was disappointed to begin, but I whacked the songs into an Arctic Monkeys playlist and it just clicked.

#30 Posted by Sin4profit (2903 posts) -

The Generationals and Sleigh Bells...i've been listening to them alot lately

#31 Posted by JasonR86 (9580 posts) -

Oceansize (though it'll never happen because they broke up)

Porcupine Tree

The Album Leaf

Dredg (the good Dredg, not the easy-listening version we got with the last album)

#32 Posted by Cheesebob (1230 posts) -

R.E.M....shame they just broke up.

Another Radiohead album won't go unwanted. Perhaps a return to guitar music this time? Please Thom?

OutKast. For the love of God Big Boi and Andre 3000 please release another album. For the sack of my sanity and whilst we are on that subject, I want an Andre 3000's and Big Boi's solo albums!

Dr. Dre. I just want Detox finished and out damn it!

#33 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1765 posts) -

@EVO said:

Tame Impala. I think they're still touring their last album, so it'll be a while until their next.

@wmaustin55 said:

@Daneian

Holy shit. My day is made.

Same here. Fuck yes.

#34 Posted by HellBrendy (992 posts) -

Kvelertak.

#35 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -
@StingerMK2 Yeah I've heard the new glassjaw ep but I am finding it hard to get a copy of it. I live in Canada any chance you could point me in the right direction?
#36 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Brand New, Modest Mouse and Death Grips. Shabazz Palaces just released a new album last year, but it was amazing so I would love another one.

#37 Edited by Dalai (6978 posts) -

Still waiting for a new Pinback album. It's supposed to come out this year.

#38 Posted by BlastProcessing (910 posts) -

@HisDudeness said:

@BlastProcessing said:

At this point Detox is set to be the Duke Nukem Forever of hip hop

Yeah, exactly. I hope it's a proper finale to his rap career (I really like the introspective tone of I Need a Doctor, even though it's mainly a Eminem track), but it'll most likely be un-self aware, uneventful tracks like Kush.

#39 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

@StingerMK2 Yeah I've heard the new glassjaw ep but I am finding it hard to get a copy of it. I live in Canada any chance you could point me in the right direction?

i think i probably got it by dubious means, iv just looked for it legally and couldnt find it online anywhere

brought their Our Colour green EP just fine on iTunes, maybe the new one isn't officially out yet? either way, the Colouring Book EP is awesome, i recommend getting it by any means possible, if ya get when i mean *wink wink*

#40 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2717 posts) -

Between the Buried and Me. Didn't really care for the Hypersleep Dialogues EP.

#41 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@BulletproofMonk said:

I thought it was a lot better than the album before, actually, though their best album is still Colors

#42 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2717 posts) -
@Animasta said:

@BulletproofMonk said:

I thought it was a lot better than the album before, actually, though their best album is still Colors

It's better than The Great Misdirect, but still not all that great. Colors is a fucking masterpiece, pretty hard to top it.
#43 Posted by TekZero (2659 posts) -

Mumford & Sons, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Editors, Muse, Black Angels.

#44 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

The Blood Brothers is another one i'd really like and album from, was thinking recently how there are NO bands anymore that sound like the Blood Brothers,

#45 Posted by natetodamax (19164 posts) -

Queens Of The Stone Age. They're working on the new record right now so hopefully this year we'll see a new one. Their last record was Era Vulgaris which was released in 2007 so this new one is pretty much going to be amazing.

#46 Posted by EpicBenjamin (623 posts) -

Breaking Benjamin.

#47 Posted by Rokkaku (221 posts) -

They blew up the electro world with their first two albums, and I have every confidence they'll do it again. Crystal Castles.

#48 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@EpicBenjamin
Breaking Benjamin.
I'll second this. Everything they put out is too damn catchy
#49 Posted by Stete (722 posts) -

@Aetheldod said:

Summoning .... they are long overdue for a new record

This. 6. Freaking. Years. COME ON!

Oh and I want a new Keldian album, epic space metal for the win!

#50 Posted by MoltenBoron (88 posts) -

I'd like to see Genesis release a new album. Though, with the state of Phil Collins's hands/wrists and Peter Gabriel's general disinterest, it doesn't seem like they ever will.