Gamefaqs users must have horrible taste in games

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By cloneslayer

As some of you might know, gamefaqs is having its best game ever polling. Today poll is FFVII v. LTTP v. Super Mario World v. Super Mario Bros. 3. Not only is FFVII winning, its blowing the others out of the water. WTF? I'm not going to argue that FFVII is not an influencial game, nor am I going to argue that its a bad game (even though I think it is, but I know people love it), but how in the hell do the other 3 games not even come close??? I mean its LTTP which a lot of people concider to be the best SNES game, and SMB3, which nost concider to be the best 2D mario (though personally I like World better). Also games like SSBB (which I loved btw) beat out RE4 (which I hoped would win this year). WTF Gamefaqs.

I know for some of you, this is just stating the obvious, but this just pisses me off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If I remember right, FFVII always wins, plus the whole game contest was way cool when they did it once a year.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cloneslayer
@Bucketdeth said:
"

If I remember right, FFVII always wins, plus the whole game contest was way cool when they did it once a year.

"
I think the only other game that ever wins is OOT (which I dont mind, as it is my most favorite game ever)
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah and that one to, and the others usually drag far behind.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By TheKidNixon

Going to GameFAQs for anything besides FAQs always confuses me.

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By cc23574

As a huge FFVII fan, I'm happy. But it wins everytime, wich I think sucks because other great games should get the praise they deserve.

NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By NukeSpoon

GameFAQs is a fucking horrible place. The Best Game Ever Contest is utterly pointless, because, like you say, the same game wins every year.

I used to frequent the UK board, which had a few decent people, a few pricks, but all the mods there are absolute cunts of the highest order, so making a post with the slightest bit of offense got it deleted, and probably you banned from posting for 48 hours.

It's good for FAQs and stuff, though.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoLines

Soo.. what would win- Ocarina Of Time or Final Fantasy VII?
Wait- forget what I said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

It's called SFF.

You have Nintendo fans splitting their votes up between LttP, SMB3 and SMW. Then you have Mario fans splitting their votes up between SMB3 and SMW. Of course they're going to lose, regardless of whether they're better or not. If FFVII was up against one of the other titles in a one-on-one match it would definitely be a lot closer, and the Nintendo title might even win. But in this case it's easy to see what the outcome is going to be.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_

GameFAQs is a shitty community, but I don't really disagree with that poll either, so...

By the way, there is no such thing as "bad taste" in anything as subjective as videogame preferences. Remember that.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By KaosAngel
@Jayge said:
" GameFAQs is a shitty community, but I don't really disagree with that poll either, so...

By the way, there is no such thing as "bad taste" in anything as subjective as videogame preferences. Remember that.
"
So BigRigs is subjective...
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12  Edited By natetodamax

GameFAQs is terrible, and I've given up all hope for that site.

• There is no game coverage whatsoever on it.
  • The forums are a mess with trolls, duplicated topics, and retarded mods
  • Speaking of assholes, the mods there are pathetic. They mod every topic, sentence, syllable, and verb and then give you a shitty ass reason for doing so
  • Most of the reviews are very poorly written, most of which were created by fanboys with their thumbs up their asses
  • Like you said, the Best. Game. Ever poll is useless because a Final Fantasy game wins every time
  • The FAQs are okay
cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cloneslayer
@KaosAngel:

Your Winner!
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By KaosAngel
@Cloneslayer said:
" @KaosAngel: Your Winner! "

No Caption Provided

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_A_Drain

I hate that whole contest they do every year, to see shit like Fallout, Baldurs Gate and Half - Life lose to OoT in the first bracket every goddamn time they hold the stupid thing, and by a HUGE margin too (like, OoT takes something like 75% of the votes) breaks my fucking heart.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jayge_
@KaosAngel said:
"
@Jayge said:
" GameFAQs is a shitty community, but I don't really disagree with that poll either, so...

"
So BigRigs is subjective... "
Yes. Someone could very well buy Big Rigs and enjoy it immensely, to the point where they consider it their favorite game of all time. Would that mean, objectively, that the software of Big Rigs itself is necessarily a well-produced product? No. There are ways of determining efficiency and quality of things like code in a manner that can mostly eliminate preference, because it's based on logic. That doesn't stop someone from enjoying the game, though.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By EpicSteve

When it's the internet, FFVII wins. No matter what. 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Meltbrain said:
" Yeah, I wouldn't go to GameFAQs anytime for an opinion on a game, just the walkthrough. "
I'd go there for an opinion, especially on older games that lack professional reviews. The scores they give out (at least in my experience) usually seem accurate.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

lol is gamefaqs an rpg allways wins there polls they need to stop having them they have this stupid ass big month spanning poll contest thing and the only thing that ever wins are rpgs and ff7.
Infact its rather annoying CjayC needs to stop with them Final fantasy 7 has won about 95% of the polls there since the start of gamefaqs so theres no real point in having them anymore, just put a big finalf antasy 7 image and claim it the best game in the universe EVER and be done with it.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By atejas

It's OoT vs. FFVII.
It's always OoT vs. FFVII.