Gaming Update #6: A First Of Many

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

Edited By natetodamax

As you may or may not have noticed, I did not blog last Monday simply because nothing interesting happened. I played some games....and that was pretty much it. A few things of note happened since my last.

90 degree weather + humidity = uncomfortable
Baltimore in all it's glory

Last Friday (the Friday before the 21st) my sister and her 8 year old son Andrew (my nephew) came up from Maine to Maryland to visit us for over a week. We had a lot of fun and did many things
together. On August 19th we went to the national aquarium in Baltimore. The worst part of this trip was that we had to wait outside in the 90 degree weather for probably 10-15 minutes before we were allowed in. That wasn't fun. The actual aquarium was pretty cool though, and we saw many different types of fish, rays, sharks, jellyfish, etc. We also went to the dolphin show which was a lot more educational than I would have liked it to be, but it was pretty neat watching the dolphins jump through the air to hit a ball hanging off the ceiling and do different stunts. Afterwords, we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, which is a pretty good restaurant. I'd eat there again.

I have yet to upload pictures onto the computer, so here's a photo courtesy of Giant Bomb
I have yet to upload pictures onto the computer, so here's a photo courtesy of Giant Bomb
Yesterday, we did something I've always wanted to do: Go to Washington D.C. I figured that I would know my way around pretty well having spent 150+ hours in Fallout 3. The first thing we did upon arriving was visit the national zoo. It was alright, I suppose. Let me tell you one thing: D.C. is hot. And walking around a zoo in the open heat with animals and feces everywhere isn't the most enjoyable thing ever, but the animals we saw were pretty neat. They even had a spider exhibit that was literally open, and because I'm pretty afraid of spiders you can only imagine how appealing an open spider exhibit was. After sweating all of the liquids out of our bodies at the zoo, we finally went into the heart of DC and visited some museums. We went to the National Museum of American History and some other museum with dinosaurs and fossils. Unfortunately, these were only mildly interesting to me. The National Archives interested me the most. We took a look at ancient and historical documents, from the Articles of Confederation to several World War II era documents to a 22 size shoe from Shaq (signed by him) to the granddaddies of them all, the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. The writing was so faded on the original documents that it was ineligible, but being able to see something so old and so important to the United States of America, and being able see John Hancock's actual signature (what was left of it) amongst others was very, very cool. Andrew, who's eight, failed to realize the importance of such things and whined the whole time about his feet hurting and begged us to take him home. After that, we stopped by the gift shop featured in National Treasure (where Nicholas Cage quickly runs in and buys a replica of the Declaration). I wish we could have gone to some more places, but because we were so tired from the day we ate at the Red Robin and went home.

Today, I officially started High School. Yay.... I guess? The day went well.

Surprisingly, I spent very little time playing video games since my last update. I've spent most of my free time either swimming in our pool or watching the Endurance Run (I'm on Episode 51 now). If you didn't catch my thread, I get to pick up any game I want after 2 weeks of school regardless of price. I'm leaning towards getting 4000 Microsoft so I can pick up Shadow Complex and Mass Effect through Games on Demand.

Well, I think that's all I have to say for now. I'll try to get to playing some more games so I have something to talk about that's actually game related next time. I'll leave you with this:

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is serious business

Until next time, children.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By natetodamax

As you may or may not have noticed, I did not blog last Monday simply because nothing interesting happened. I played some games....and that was pretty much it. A few things of note happened since my last.

Last Friday (the Friday before the 21st) my sister and her 8 year old son Andrew (my nephew) came up from Maine to Maryland to visit us for over a week. We had a lot of fun and did many things
together. On August 19th we went to the national aquarium in Baltimore. The worst part of this trip was that we had to wait outside in the 90 degree weather for probably 10-15 minutes before we were allowed in. That wasn't fun. The actual aquarium was pretty cool though, and we saw many different types of fish, rays, sharks, jellyfish, etc. We also went to the dolphin show which was a lot more educational than I would have liked it to be, but it was pretty neat watching the dolphins jump through the air to hit a ball hanging off the ceiling and do different stunts. Afterwords, we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, which is a pretty good restaurant. I'd eat there again.

Yesterday, we did something I've always wanted to do: Go to Washington D.C. I figured that I would know my way around pretty well having spent 150+ hours in Fallout 3. The first thing we did upon arriving was visit the national zoo. It was alright, I suppose. Let me tell you one thing: D.C. is hot. And walking around a zoo in the open heat with animals and feces everywhere isn't the most enjoyable thing ever, but the animals we saw were pretty neat. They even had a spider exhibit that was literally open, and because I'm pretty afraid of spiders you can only imagine how appealing an open spider exhibit was. After sweating all of the liquids out of our bodies at the zoo, we finally went into the heart of DC and visited some museums. We went to the National Museum of American History and some other museum with dinosaurs and fossils. Unfortunately, these were only mildly interesting to me. The National Archives interested me the most. We took a look at ancient and historical documents, from the Articles of Confederation to several World War II era documents to a 22 size shoe from Shaq (signed by him) to the granddaddies of them all, the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. The writing was so faded on the original documents that it was ineligible, but being able to see something so old and so important to the United States of America, and being able see John Hancock's actual signature (what was left of it) amongst others was very, very cool. Andrew, who's eight, failed to realize the importance of such things and whined the whole time about his feet hurting and begged us to take him home. After that, we stopped by the gift shop featured in National Treasure (where Nicholas Cage quickly runs in and buys a replica of the Declaration). I wish we could have gone to some more places, but because we were so tired from the day we ate at the Red Robin and went home.

Today, I officially started High School. Yay.... I guess? The day went well.

Surprisingly, I spent very little time playing video games since my last update. I've spent most of my free time either swimming in our pool or watching the Endurance Run (I'm on Episode 51 now). If you didn't catch my thread, I get to pick up any game I want after 2 weeks of school regardless of price. I'm leaning towards getting 4000 Microsoft so I can pick up Shadow Complex and Mass Effect through Games on Demand.

Well, I think that's all I have to say for now. I'll try to get to playing some more games so I have something to talk about that's actually game related next time. I'll leave you with this:

Until next time, children.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo

You and (your brother perhaps) got evil red eyes in the last picture! : - P

I'm glad that you had a great time in DC. Did a lot of things that you will definitely remember for quite a while. I would of liked to seen the Declaration of Independence myself considering that my own cousin wrote that document. At least I visited his home in Monticello, and Monticello was really well maintained and gorgeous to say the least. I just love historical homes. Anyways, I'm glad that the first day of high school was good for you, and I hope it'll get better as time goes on.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By natetodamax
@Tireyo643 said:
" You and (your brother perhaps) got evil red eyes in the last picture!
That would be my nephew.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Tireyo
@natetodamax: 
Ok. :D
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude

You look like a nerd. But hey, that's not a bad thing...

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By natetodamax
@Claude said:
" You look like a nerd. But hey, that's not a bad thing... "
I basically am a nerd. Not that that's a bad thing...
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Xandurson

I've always wanted to go to DC but I never have. Maybe, some day.... Anyways, good luck with school I start college on Monday. I can't wait because I'm going into game design and I have cool classes like 3D Modeling. I can't wait! Looks like you had fun though over the past couple weeks.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Mass Effect on Games on Demand has had me tempted since it came out. I never played it, and with the sequel coming up I feel like I have to play it, but I guarantee I can find it cheaper used at Gamestop.

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

If you have a good enough PC I'd recommend downloading Mass Effect from Steam. I found it to be a much better experience on the PC (framerate wasn't as erratic, interface was easier to navigate), but I'm biased because I tend to prefer a keyboard and mouse anyway. But definitely download Shadow Complex. I've spent at least 15 hours with that game and I'm still not bored of it (can't say the same for many full-priced games). 

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@Claude said:
What do you expect, he's on giantbomb, so technically, you're calling everyone here a nerd, which we are. :D
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By crunchUK
@Claude said:
You'd be hard pressed to find someone that isn't on here....
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Claude
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" @Claude said:
What do you expect, he's on giantbomb, so technically, you're calling everyone here a nerd, which we are. :D "
@crunchUK said:
" @Claude said:
You'd be hard pressed to find someone that isn't on here.... "
Yeah, I know, I'm a nerd too.

No Caption Provided
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@Claude: Nice.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By natetodamax
@Claude: Please tell me that man with the beard isn't you. That just screams pedophile.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Claude
@natetodamax: 

What?

No Caption Provided
natetodamax

Forum Posts