• 98 results
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By CL60

For some reason I've went from absolutely loving stuff like Megadeth, and Iron Maiden, to loving KPOP?

UncleClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By UncleClassy

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

I was a straight metalhead for the majority of high school, then I heard The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem, which showed me that rap music can not only be intelligent, but angry as fuck as well. Ever since then I've pretty much abandoned metal aside from the occasional Metallica track and mostly listen to electro and hip-hop now.

Replace The Marshall Mathers LP with The Chronic and Illmatic and this is basically me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#53  Edited By musubi

Yeah, in a lot of ways. Oh man... if my 16 yr old self could see all the awful pop music I listen to now.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Demoskinos said:

Yeah, in a lot of ways. Oh man... if my 16 yr old self could see all the awful pop music I listen to now.

Awful pop music is the best. Bonus points if it is in a language you don't understand.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By kindgineer

There are literally tons of things that my "tastes" have changed on. However, the most recent and stand-out for me has been Lemon flavoured tea. I absolute hated the stuff when I was younger, but now I despise tea without lemon.

Fuck you biology.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By musubi

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Demoskinos said:

Awful pop music is the best. Bonus points if it is in a language you don't understand.

One of my favorites....

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CL60
@Demoskinos

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Demoskinos said:

One of my favorites....

I've grown fond of kpop. Not that song though, there is kpop I actually find legitimately good. But unfortunately I do somewhat understand Korean.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#58  Edited By Hailinel

Well, my tastes haven't changed too much over the years. I'm not as into anime as I was in high school and college now (I'm in my early thirties), but I still watch a few new series here and there while maintaining a fondness for my old favorites.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Demoskinos said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Demoskinos said:

One of my favorites....

I bloody love that song. The rest of the album is not bad either but Gee is so good. I never liked what I heard of their second album as much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. My tastes in gaming haven't changed that much, but sadly the games themselves are either changing too much or not changing enough. With television I used to hate dramas and only ever watched comedies. Also I used to be a bad channel-hopper, flipping through until I spotted something, anything that grabbed my attention for even just a few seconds. Adult me doesn't have the TV on unless I'm sitting down to watch a specific show. I still like certain comedies, but nowadays there are very few things I love more than a really good serial drama. I used to love movies, and I still do, but I'm significantly more picky in choosing which ones I watch. I feel like film more than any other medium is filled to the brim with the most sickeningly formulaic, irredeemable garbage. Today a film has to be something special to get my attention. In music I used to only listen to various types of rock and thought country was shit. Now I prefer rap, pop, and electronic music. Country still is and always will be shit.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#61  Edited By Liquidus

Yep, it has tons. Used to be way into anime, Linkin Park, metal music and actually kinda enjoyed the Resident Evil movies(which is insane, looking back). Now, I hate pretty much all those things. My taste in films and music has changed drastically in my teenage years. For both of them, I've taken a liking to the older stuff (60s,70s) and have become a big film buff.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#62  Edited By Raven10

Hell yea. Compare my current self to my teenage self and I'm not sure we'd get along too well. My tastes have expanded as well. I like a lot more food than I did as a teen. My music choice, on the other hand, has not changed since I still enjoy any genre of music if done right. Everything from classical to rap to country to metal. I've always been this way. I might listen to Mozart and then directly after listen to Katy Perry followed by Kanye. As for movies, I still like most of the same movies though I've come to truly despise romantic comedies. Never enjoyed them in my youth but now I hate them. And in games I'll agree with others that longer games lose their appeal for me more quickly these days. I didn't even bother with Skyrim for example. I was in college when Oblivion came out and I never finished that either. Closest I came was Morrowind but that was in High School when I had copious amounts of free time. And playing Darksiders for me really started to drag by the end. I honestly am not sure if I want to play Darksiders 2 if it is so much longer. I felt that they could have halved the length of each dungeon in Darksiders and I would have been much happier. A whole lot else has changed about my personality but I won't bore you guys with that.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Chop

Sure, of course. Kids and teenagers mostly have terrible taste and I was no exception. I feel like I'd be a pretty shitty person if I had stuck with some of that crap...

I still eat like a total child though.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BraveToaster

My taste in food has slightly changed, and I watch a lot less anime now.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By audiosnow

Naw. Breastmilk and sleep are still my only interests.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ShadyPingu

Absolutely. There's some stuff that I'm genuinely embarrassed that I liked when I was younger.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By Ben_H

My taste in music has drastically expanded. I used to only listen to metal. Now I listen to almost everything. When I drive I listen to rap (think Office Space. White nerd bumping Ice Cube as he commutes), when I play certain games I listen to electronic music, I just in general listen to a ton of 80s pop, and I even listen to jazz now. 

For food I'm still pretty set in my ways: no mayo, no sour cream, no cream cheese, no goat cheeses like feta, no mushrooms, no eggs, and ABSOLUTELY NO SEAFOOD. I always have ate my veggies because I actually really like them (I snack on carrots a lot) and I actually don't mind brussel sprouts and whatnot.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By shiftymagician

I am more open to just about anything now though I still have my limits. I still can't get used to sushi though I want to like it and most mainstream music that a majority of Australians happen to listen to still disappoints me. Also I am way more into anything that sounds classy or ambient as they are great to listen to whilst working or relaxing.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By grilledcheez

Yeah, in pretty much everything that comes to mind. I think they have gotten much better personally.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By retrovirus

I used to hate bananas and most of the rap genre, but now I'm fine with both. I just HATE a shitty banana.

kogasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By kogasu

Here and there, my tastes have changed.

I still love horror and comedy movies but there's not much good horror to like these days. Nowadays I can watch more genres than when I was 10 I guess.

For music, I think I'm a bit too particular. The only time I changed was from whatever popular music from the 90s-2000s to video game OSTs and more J-rock/metal focused music with. That was with my interest Japan and video games and getting a good internet connection to find music that I liked much more. I liked a few American bands but modern rock... I just didn't like it. OSTs also got me to appreciate some symphonic music as well as electronic genres like ambient and drum n bass too so there was that. Skip to now, my favorite music has expanded a bit. I listen to video game OSTs a LOT still and associated genres but now I listen to a lot of traditional metal and rock and I don't care where it comes from. I still have a lot of my favorite Japanese music though.

As for video games, I haven't really changed much, though video games obviously have. I still love them like I always have but I'm really not sure what my younger self would think about the video games I have now.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By emem

Sure, I'm no longer that into metal and I can listen to good rap/hip-hop music. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was my favourite album of 2010 and 2011, that would never have happened when I was young. 

And I used to hate RPGs, almost everything that forced me to read thousands of pages was the absolute worst... now I read everything, be it from the Mass Effect universe or just all the little stuff on the computers in Deus Ex: HR, it's just that good. I still enjoy playing a good FPS though, that hasn't changed. Sadly there's no more Half-Life, no more Doom/Quake, and most military shooters are just the same game over and over again with the same shooting mechanics. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that every single one of them has iron sights which slows down the gameplay immensely. Anyway, now I'm just ranting off topic... my tastes definitely evolved. ;)

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ervonymous

No hard swings, my tastes have only broadened from what they once were. How I managed to live without cabbage soup and casserole for so long is beyond me though.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@ervonymous said:

No hard swings, my tastes have only broadened from what they once were. How I managed to live without cabbage soup and casserole for so long is beyond me though.

Same here, you give me a life time supply of potatoes and I'm set for life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@ervonymous said:

Same here, you give me a life time supply of potatoes and I'm set for life.

I didn't know you were Irish

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ShockD

Definitely. I used to hate blue cheese. Now, I just adore it.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Meltac

I love coffee.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MeierTheRed

In terms of music my taste haven't really changed. I started listening to Metal around age 7, with a pretty narrow selection of the harder side of Metal. I never like classic rock, speed metal, punk, and that still stands true today. But the difference now is that i'm picky about what sound i like, and what kind of tone the singer uses. But as i change, bands change, like a band i loved when i was a kid was Sepultura, of course those days they had Max on vocals, he later scrambled from the band and a new singer took his place, his voice alone was enough to make me not like them any more. Also their music got a lot more easy going and modern to accommodate the new craze some idiots named Nu Metal.

So yeah AC/DC was shit then to me, and they are shit now, nothing has changed in that fact (my personal opinion, so fuck off). My taste in games has changed drastically more so than my music. But also just general things as views and opinions. But thank god for that, you grow up you get new live experiences. And if you don't learn and change from those, i think your doing something wrong.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#79  Edited By Lazyaza

I use to think metal was awesome and refused to listen to anything else but these days most of the newer stuff seems so god awfully craptacular and my musical tastes are so diverse I dunno what I even like most anymore lol.

But as for my general tastes in entertainment I'd say they haven't changed much at all. I really liked my movies full of action and stupidity when I was 12 and I still like them that way at 26. Unlike back then though my age has of course allowed me to appreciate and understand films/shows etc with more depth and subtlety and seriousness though I still generally prefer "dumb" entertainment over smart or arty stuff I think.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80  Edited By crusader8463

Yes! When I was a kid I loved me some pickled beets. Now as an adult I can't stand them.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By phrosnite

Of course. It's normal.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By James_ex_machina

My music taste haven't changed that much. I've always liked country, rock, instrumental stuff, classical and metal. Overall I still love metal and hate reggae. At 41 my favorite band is Devildriver. Eating has been the biggest change for me. I used to eat fast food and hamburger helper meals because I didn't think about health or I didn't know how to cook. Now I'm into eating healthy with a lot of raw food dieting. My gf and I still enjoy restaurants with fattening food one weekends but through the week it's primarily raw fruit and veggies. My tastes in movies has changed. I used to love movies now moviies rarely interests me. I prefer a good serialized drama show like Breaking Bad, that has hours and hours of character development. In my 20's I drove a Mustang 5.0 and a Camera IROC and now it's all about German cars(and the Lotus Elise). I hated beer when I was younger but once I discovered mircrobrews I started to really like beer(good beer). My gf and I have increasing interests in wine. We both started out liking sweet reds and disliking the rest. Now we're enjoying dry whites and reds with the right foods. Overall my tastes have changed a lot since I left home at 18.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By amir90

The only thing I noticed, is that this certain brand of cookies doesn't taste the same.

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By That1BlackGuy

I still enjoy past music more so than today's music and as long as my ears enjoy it, I'll bump it no matter the genre. I will say that I rarely eat sweets now and don't even look at gum anymore whereas when I was younger I stayed strapped with gum. Used to adore anime and cartoons in the late 90s, can't be bothered with it now. Nothing comes between me and food though, our bond is way to strong to be broken.

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By brandino

Music is the only thing that comes to mind. I still enjoy the same film genres that i did when i was a kid, teen and early adult. Still enjoy the same game genres etc.

But Music? Defiantly. Never was a big music person till late teens and granted i still listen and love 80s rock and 90s grunge but my taste towards hip hop/rap have completely changed over the years. I used to listen to terrible mainstream stuff that just sickens me now but don't get me wrong i still enjoy GOOD hip hop but my taste toward a lot of mainstream bands i enjoyed as a teen up into early adulthood just makes me want to vomit now.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By falling_fast

definitely. my taste used to be terrible. I owned pretty much cradle of filth's entire discography, regularly listened to evanescence, linkin park, mindless self indulgence and nightwish, and at one point thought dream theater was the best band in the world.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BaneFireLord

I used to love RTS games when I was younger but I've become rather disinterested in them as I've grown older. 
Also, while by no means becoming my favorite genre, I've learned to appreciate rap, particularly from the NWA era.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no. however I've found that I my tastes in everything has expanded. things I hated by default when I was younger, I don't mind or might even love today.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#89  Edited By Aetheldod

No , its the same me .... well except the taste of mustard , used to hate it now I dont

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#90  Edited By emprpngn

I used to be really into punk, hardcore and metal. Later teenage years I was into indie rock and progressive rock. Listened to mostly classical music and film/video game soundtracks during college. I've been into bluegrass, folk, pop, and a myriad of other genres to some degree at one time or another. Currently, I'm not really sure what I want to listen to, because I feel like I don't really have any unexplored territories left (unless it's K-pop or something off-the-wall like that). So I just listen to Phish.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By _Zombie_

Oh God, yes.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92  Edited By BoG

My music tastes are always changing. I liked mostly old rock in my youth, but rock may be the genre I least listen to now. Funny, in spite of changing tastes, in my teens I discovered hip hop, and I still like it. Kanye West was the first hip hop artist I enjoyed, and he's still my favorite.

My taste has absolutely changed in games. I used to play a lot of FPS games, and now I'm mostly into strategy. I also made the transition from playing exclusively JRPGs, to playing a healthy mix of J and WRPGs. I quit playing racing games altogether.

Armageddon changed my taste in movies forever. I used to have really shallow tastes, as is typical for a teen, but Armageddon was so shallow that I couldn't find anything redeeming about it. I've never watched a movie the same way since.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#93  Edited By Hamst3r

I used to like olives. Now I hate olives.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#94  Edited By Red

Everyone's tastes change over time. I can't think of anyone who liked watching Barney when they were a kid who still likes to see the purple dinosaur every day. I guess my tastes in music shifted far more dramatically than my gradual expansion with other mediums.

Surprisingly, though, my tastes in games haven't really changed at all. I play first-person games now, which I was afraid of for some reason when I was a kid, but I still mostly just play story-based games.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Spoonman671

I've been pretty much the same person since the 6th grade.  Personal growth is overrated.  Not that I'd know.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

For sure. I find that as I get older I enjoy a calmer lifestyle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say my taste has stayed the same but more expanded; what i mean by that is that i don't hate the old stuff like in the case with my music taste. I look at Guns N Roses and I loved them as a kid and thier still my fav but later i discovered Country music and now acts like george Straight are in my Ipod. I find my taste in food has changed and books( especially books). food, well i use to like burgers and pizza alot as a 15 year old but know i eat a lot of mexican food; cant get enough of that stuff.

Books, I use to read stuff like RL Stine now i read stuff like William Gibson. I haven't changed a bit on games or movies. i feel with movies tho that I just like what I like; I feel like I would have liked it at 14 or now. i liked Goodfellas at age 14 and I enjoyed it but now i enjoy it even more since I can follow it better i guess that would be the thing with film that my thought process got better(naturally lol) and I can appreciate what I liked as a younger me and what I like now.

Games, i feel that games evolved with me so I like all types really as long as they are fun and cool. Maybe when Im 40 or 50 I might look at games like I look at books and just be amazed how much mature the material I read now is....maybe lol. In the end what I liked then i liked cause it interest me then and I tend to find the stuff I liked then to be quit enjoyable now so yeah I would call my interest an expansion.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#98  Edited By flaminghobo

Yes, most definitely my taste in food. If you'd said to me four years ago that I'd be able to sit down and eat a sunday dinner I'd have called you mad!