HDTV's

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By lamegame621

I am in need of an HDTV mainly for the purpose of gaming as I need something for my 360 and don't like constantly swithing out cables on my lcd monitor. Looking for something around 22 inches. Mainly I just wanted to know some brands that people have luck with and maybe some to stay away from. Thanks Bombers.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lamegame621

I am in need of an HDTV mainly for the purpose of gaming as I need something for my 360 and don't like constantly swithing out cables on my lcd monitor. Looking for something around 22 inches. Mainly I just wanted to know some brands that people have luck with and maybe some to stay away from. Thanks Bombers.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alex_Murphy

You could get a KMV switch if you don't want to throw down three to four hundred.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lamegame621

Yeah, but It's also a question of space.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Player1

My family has a 2 sony hdtv's, and 1 samsueng.

The samsueng has the BEST PICTURE BY FAR. We all love our sansueng.

It also looks the best frame wise, so itll make your room look cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

At that size, anything you pick will be fine, I think.  Personally, I gravitate toward Sony, LG, and Samsung, but you could get away with a 22" Westinghouse and still have a nice television.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarkGamer007

I would say you should go with a Sony Bravia or a Samsung, stay away from those cheap, generic brand HDTV's you seen in Wal-Mart as you will be kicking yourself in the ass latter, the picture quality is much greater on a Sony TV than a Vivo TV of similar resolution and specifications.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

I've got a 26" insignia 1080p tv.  It's a perfect size I think.

No Caption Provided

This is it here playing KillZone 2.  $400+, can't remember.  It's good that you're going for small, because if you go bigger there will be increasingly more input delay.  I remember trying to play COD4 on my samsung 42" in the living room.  I couldn't twitch aim anymore, it was a huge disadvantage.

Also, remember... going for the big brand names isn't always best.  They will be far more expensive because they gotta charge more to make up for all that heavy advertising.
Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Fosssil

I have this one, that I use exclusively for my 360, and it is excellent (it's the TV that MLG uses at their tournament events). That Newegg link says that it's a deactivated item, so that may mean that they've been discontinued by the manufacturer, but if you can track one down then it's definitely worth your money. If you can't find one of those, just make sure you find one with a low response time (less than 6ms or so), or else you may see some noticeable input lag. Speaking from experience, even a small amount of delay can be really frustrating/hampering (especially in games like Halo, Street Fighter, CoD, and other games where even small amounts of lag can be very detrimental).

Hope that helps.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lamegame621

I've decided I'll probably be getting a Viewsonic 22" monitor or HDTV. I haven't decided whether I need the TV functionality, but it's definitely going to be from Newegg.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By gla55jAw

If you can I would really try to upgrade to a 32". I was going to do the same thing, and 22" since it's wide, just seems too small. I have a 32" Vizio. which was really cheap at walmart and is a great tv.

Jesus_Juice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Jesus_Juice

Definitely go with Samsung. I have a Samsung LN32A450 in my dorm room and it's really nice. I also have a 37" Sharp that's good, but I think the Samsung looks better overall. You'll regret going with a cheaper brand in the long run, I guarantee it. You're already spending hundreds of dollars to buy a tv, why not spend just a little bit more and get a quality product?

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Lashe

I can personally vouch for LG. Got a lovely LG HDTV M1994D -- affordable and absolutely gorgeous, best HDTV of that size that I've seen running.

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=27121 <--- I think the price ends up about $200.

Also note: the resolution on that description is wrong. It is 1680x1050 native.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Meowayne
Samsung TVs give by far, and without any doubt, the ultimate best picture for Xbox360.
The "game mode" every Samsung TV has is specifically designed for 360 use - Microsoft and Samsung are cooperating. Most of the time when you see 360 commercials or adverts, they're connected to a Samsung TV.

Bungie, for example, also have their games tested on  Samsung TVs (as seen in the docs of the Halo3 special edition).

If you want a TV for your x360, Samsung is definatly your best bet.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By JudgeDread
lamegame621 said:
"Yeah, but It's also a question of space."
then a KVM would be better since it takes much less space than an extra tv/monitor
Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Luke

I can vouch for LG as well, like some people here did.

When I bought mine, I just went into Best Buy, looked at all of them and said, "I like that LG the best, ring me up for it please."

LG uses some anti-glare coating that makes it extremely non-reflecting of light on the screen.  I actually got it down between a Samsung and LG.  Kept going back and forth... they were both really sweet looking.

That's really the best way to do it, just see how they look for yourself.  Maybe even ask if they can hook-up a 360 to 'em too?

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Jensonb

I have a Technika, but I doubt that's an option for you.

Go with Samsung.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By teh_destroyer

Visio and Sanyo have some solid HDTV's out there.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolverine

Samsung makes a lot of tv's that size so I would go with that brand.