• 179 results
#1 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

Title tells everything. Answers?

#2 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Blogg dogg

#3 Edited by Camoufrage (84 posts) -

Well being more active is obvious. Be more active.

who cares if you're popular on here?

#4 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4191 posts) -

Post some articles. Kooky questions. Blogging is nice, but it only targets specific target audiences.

#5 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Be a crazy person like the videogame king

#6 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

who cares if you're popular on here?

Popularity leads to intimacy...

#7 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

@jz said:

Be a crazy person like the videogame king

He'd have to move to the moon for that and I'm pretty sure VGK considers that an act of war.

#8 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Title tells everything. Answers?

Nefarious intent? Or do you just want to steal our Bradley's heart?

Tell me your reasons!

#9 Edited by PenguinDust (12491 posts) -

Post some modeling pics.

#10 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -

Post numerous threads ranting about the mods, staff members, beloved games and being controversial, in general.

Also, get a more unique avatar.

#11 Edited by Seb (358 posts) -

You need a gimmick.

#12 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Also, what is game?

#13 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (388 posts) -

Maybe set something on fire? I 'unno.

#14 Posted by Pr1mus (3868 posts) -

Make a lot of really mundane polls.

#15 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Be cool as ice

#16 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

Why do you care that much? That's an important question you should answer.

Other people have created cool things, written neat things, been assholes constantly, been insightful in lots of posts, or asked inane questions in multiple threads daily for people to riff off of. Joining in when people play games as a community helps, something I've never done.

People seem to recognize me fairly often on the forums and here is how I got there:

• I've hosted contests and mailed people prizes.
  • I told a crazy life story from my past that was interesting to people in a gossipy way (that was inappropriate for these forums), and then I met and fell in love with a hot girl on the site from another country, who's moving in with me next year.
  • I've also given people advice on depression, weight loss, and girls. And tomorrow I'm recording the first Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line podcast.
  • I've interacted fairly regularly with the staff in a number of forums, and they know me and have done things for me in the past. I rewarded them with Deep Dish Pizza.
  • I write long and in-depth pieces on ancillary gaming media and older games that nobody reads. Don't do that.

Also, pick an avatar pic and NEVER EVER change it. It is the key identifier to your "brand".

#17 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

Most definite way to get noticed around giantbomb is to pick a fight with somebody that has seniority over you and win.

#18 Posted by Abendlaender (2783 posts) -

As a beloved and popular Giant Bomb user myself I can provide you with a number of great tips, in my upcoming book called: "I used to be a unknown user but then I took an arrow to the knee and read this book and now I'm super famous"

It will teach you everything about how to cleverly use memes that will stay relevant and funny forever.

#19 Edited by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Do something dumb. Be explosive. Right now, please.

#20 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

Most definite way to get noticed around giantbomb is to pick a fight with somebody that has seniority over you and win.

Prison rules.

#21 Posted by ripelivejam (3788 posts) -

sacrifice yurself for your duder gods

#22 Posted by casper_ (903 posts) -

try being a total dick and maybe be a little condescending that should get you some attention.

#23 Edited by Tarsier (1057 posts) -

make a videogame

#24 Edited by Daneian (1228 posts) -

Be a sexy girl.

#25 Posted by ajamafalous (11957 posts) -

post a lot of bullshit

#26 Posted by mrfluke (5130 posts) -

post post post post post post post post post

#27 Posted by fiberpay (282 posts) -

You can't. Everyone on Giant Bomb already knows everything.

#28 Edited by MentalDisruption (1622 posts) -

Pretty much the same way that you can become more known in any community. Be productive, active, interesting, or useful in some way. But I wouldn't worry about it too much, we're all just duders in the end.

#29 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Pretend to be a girl.

#30 Posted by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -

Nudity helps.

#31 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Obsessively blog.

#32 Posted by cloudnineboya (797 posts) -

@pr1mus: but you loved my poll righr!! make good polls like me and you will win.

#33 Posted by zFUBARz (625 posts) -

You're Batman, you should be remaining in the shadows or you're doing it wrong.

#34 Posted by vegetashonor (588 posts) -

Truthfully you shouldn't worry about it. Post on forums regarding to games you like, make new friends through them, and totally just chill. That's the great thing about this site. Don't think of it as a high school popularity contest or you won't have any fun bro! :)

#35 Posted by doosmacleod (187 posts) -

@daneian said:

Be a sexy girl.

@tarsier said:

make a videogame

sacrifice yurself for your duder gods

Be cool as ice

Maybe set something on fire? I 'unno.

Be a sexy girl what makes video games, then set your own frozen body on fire to sacrifice yourself to the duder gods.

Wah-da-ta, timie day.

#36 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -
#37 Posted by Demoskinos (14753 posts) -

For the meager service charge of $500 I'll tell you all the secrets of Giantbomb.

#39 Edited by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

Why do you want to be known? I've got close to a thousand posts no one knows who I am and let me say that it is GREAT.

No one expects anything from me or is watching me with their ever vigilant internet eyes, I'm carefree as can be.

#40 Posted by SSully (4153 posts) -

As a beloved and popular Giant Bomb user myself I can provide you with a number of great tips, in my upcoming book called: "I used to be a unknown user but then I took an arrow to the knee and read this book and now I'm super famous"

It will teach you everything about how to cleverly use memes that will stay relevant and funny forever.

Who are you?

#41 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4600 posts) -

Talk shit about the mods. Everyone will think you're cool and edgy.

#42 Posted by GunstarRed (5115 posts) -

Be the first poster in every single thread.

#43 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Flood the forums with dick pics.

#44 Posted by TruthTellah (8754 posts) -
#45 Edited by Abendlaender (2783 posts) -

@ssully said:

@abendlaender said:

Who are you?

I'm Abendlaender

#46 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -

Honestly it's all about posting consistently in whatever forum interests you. I'm pretty much a ghost outside of off-topic but I post a lot on this board.

#47 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#48 Posted by SSully (4153 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

Pick a fight with @video_game_king and show that even a god-king can bleed.

Go ahead and try.

The moon isn't real, it's just a projection that the Government set up back in the 50's to get us to work longer hours. Given that fact, I deduced that you don't actually exist. You are either a deep cover agent working for the NSA that is watching over this little hostile community, or you are just a crack pot that has a power complex with being a king. In reality, you are no king, in fact you do not even like video games.

#49 Edited by FreakAche (2952 posts) -

Just get out while you still can.

#50 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

Be cool like me B|