How have you grown on Giant Bomb over the years?

• 108 results
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#101  Edited By Claude
@jakob187 said:

I've grown more horizontally than vertically, motherfucker.

Haha, have you now. I've lost a few more hairs and my beard is even more white than before. And I rarely play my Wii.
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By _Zombie_

The answer is always other motherfucker. Always.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By natetodamax

Oh god, I was kind of a moron when I first joined back in 2008 (two days after the site launched I think). I'm glad I'm out of that phase. I do wish that I hadn't changed my username from natetodamax because a lot of people were apparently confused and thought that I had "left" the site, but oh well! That username constantly reminded me of my dumb young internet days and I hated seeing it.

I think Giant Bomb is partially responsible for pulling me out of that, since the site had (and still has) a reputation for having a community that's actually, you know, intelligent when it comes to basic human interaction and common courtesy. I haven't been posting on the forums a lot lately (which is why I'm not top poster anymore) but I still have the site loaded up on my iPad basically 24/7, and I'm constantly refreshing it when I'm playing games. Like others have said, I became a better writer thanks to Giant Bomb and yeah, I learned to let things go as well. Other than that, I wouldn't really say I've "grown" on the site over the years. Outside the site, certainly.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104  Edited By SlashDance

I can finally grow a beard ! So I'm definitely a better person now.

I think Claude and Brad's beards inspired my body, gave it a clear goal. Also hope.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By InternetCrab

Best community ever. Period.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By jakob187

@Claude said:

@jakob187 said:

I've grown more horizontally than vertically, motherfucker.

Haha, have you now. I've lost a few more hairs and my beard is even more white than before. And I rarely play my Wii.

I blame my job more than Giant Bomb. Sitting around all day, then playing games when you get off work... Bad for the stomach. That and beer...supposedly. Jury is still out on the last one.

With that said, I type faster because of Giant Bomb...and I already typed 100wpm...

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#107  Edited By RobotHamster

I'm about the same, haven't been posting as much as I used to though.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#108  Edited By Hunter5024

Giantbomb taught me a word was a slur when I didn't know it was, so that hopefully saved me from an awkward situation in the future. It also helped teach me some american stereotypes that I didn't know about, which better helps me understand why everyone hates us. And finally I think I was taught a common lesson about the nature of a belief through arguments I had about illegal immigrants, weed, and americans again.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By Jrinswand

I'm the same. I "grew up" on the Internet on The Elder Scrolls Forums and the early days of Joystiq.