• 75 results
#1 Posted by HelpImUpsideDown (36 posts) -

Will it be fire and brimstone like in the bible or some elaborate plot as so many bond films suggest or perhaps my theory of the great squirrel revolution?

#2 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

With a whimper!

Beat you all, bitches!

#3 Posted by GuyIncognito (445 posts) -

@mylifeforAiur said:

With a whimper!

Beat you all, bitches!

Damn ninjas...

#4 Posted by TinoXtreme (300 posts) -

The world will end with many plot holes and people being upset, only to find out that we been indoctrinated by the reapers.

#5 Posted by Daiphyer (1334 posts) -

I am gonna complain to God to change the ending of the world because it didn't factor in my choices I made in my life-paragon-playthrough.

#6 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

One of the endings will involve humanity synthesising with mechanical hotties. From that information, I surmise that there'll be lots of robot boning.

#7 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I'm from the future and this thread is silly.

#8 Posted by thatguyfosho (69 posts) -

earth is forever, man!!!~~~

#9 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

It ends when I die.

/solipsism

#10 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Obamacare

#11 Posted by JustKamToo (682 posts) -

With $10 DLC

#12 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Credits.

#13 Posted by MEATBALL (3197 posts) -

consumed by the sun

#14 Posted by lightsoda (540 posts) -

@MEATBALL said:

consumed by the sun

#15 Posted by rentfn (1279 posts) -

With North Korea testing a long range ballistic missile and China shooting it down....

#16 Posted by Draugen (640 posts) -

It all starts when a nuclear strike against and incoming asteroid goes horrible wrong, and the fallout creates a new race of hideously impolite mutants who carry a virus which turns into a worldwide pandemic. The virus, when it comes into contact with our polluted atmosphere, creates a noxious gas which turns the newly arrived alien invaders into flesh-eating zombies. To combat this new threat, the governments are forced to unleash a nuclear armageddon. Curiously, fallout from this disaster turns all those who were previously turned into mutants back to normal, and they are able to slowly start to rebuild society. Just as it seems our luck has turned, massive earthquakes and volcanic eruptions begin, eradicating nearly everyone, and I, as the last human being on earth, stand staring at the rubble, thinking: "man, what a crazy week..."

#17 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

You'll never know. We have a few billion years to figure out how to travel to a new solar system or figure out out to build and maintain some kind of closed ecosystem on a ship

#18 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

Badly.

#19 Posted by IBurningStar (2164 posts) -

All Taco Bell establishments become self aware.

#20 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -
@IBurningStar
Somewhat related, wet farts.
#21 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4415 posts) -

In the dumbest way possible.

#22 Posted by TruthTellah (8826 posts) -

@HelpImUpsideDown said:

Will it be fire and brimstone like in the bible or some elaborate plot as so many bond films suggest or perhaps my theory of the great squirrel revolution?

To be fair, the Biblical end of the world leaves room for plenty of elaborate plots and wild stuff. I mean, there's some James Bond stuff with the Antichrist taking over the world through bringing peace to the Middle East and the whole world, thus causing people to consider him the best man alive and worthy of leading mankind. So, you could have James Bond be wondering about ol Antichrist Pussyfinger over there slyly taking over the world through general capitulation.

And in a way, I think that's probably how the world ends. Through us giving away the world to simple apathy or destruction.

#23 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

By pillaging Mother Earth of all her natural resources in a rapid rate, fueled by mankind's insatiable greed and perennial pursuit of money and power.

#24 Posted by raidingkvatch (1152 posts) -

I don't know, but I think it'll go on a while after humanity is gone.

#25 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

It ends with my death! For I am God!

#26 Posted by FLStyle (4667 posts) -

"And this is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper."

#27 Posted by Capum15 (4882 posts) -
@lightsoda said:

@MEATBALL said:

consumed by the sun

This, unless something atomizes it first. Some kind of Rogue Planet/Star hitting us would be pretty hardcore.
#28 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

War caused by fighting over dwindling non-renewable resources within a few hundred to a few thousand years. If we happen to make it past that then a rapid expansion of the dying sun as it turns into a red giant in 5 about 5 billion years. All the bible crap is non-sense. Stories in a man made book.

#29 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

It won't take too long for a decent sized asteroid to cause some serious damage. If not that, then a particularly nasty solar flare could scorch the planet into charcoal.

But in the end, a few billion years from now, our sun will expand into a red giant and engulf the entire planet anyway.

#30 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

Obamacare

But will Fox Entertainment News still be around after everyone over 50 dies? Everyone up to about 30 can't stand that shit.

#31 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Who knows?

We will all be dead by that time anyway.

Unless you guys know something I don't.

#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#33 Posted by Brother_PipPop (253 posts) -

Not with a boom but with a Wisper.

#34 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Better to spend time not worrying about it as it can be subjective (just to you, the world as you know it ends) or literally when the sun runs out of fuel in millions of years.

#35 Posted by UitDeToekomst (709 posts) -

Bieber-itis epidemic

#36 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

@Brother_PipPop said:

Not with a boom but with a Wisper.

It ends with an electric bike...

#37 Posted by AlmostSwedish (552 posts) -

The second law of thermodynamics.

#38 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

I'm taking "the world" as meaning "humanity". We'll probably destroy ourselves in one way or another.

#39 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

SNookie. 

#40 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Slow and painfully, as it already is.

#41 Posted by Scrawnto (2440 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

War caused by fighting over dwindling non-renewable resources within a few hundred to a few thousand years. If we happen to make it past that then a rapid expansion of the dying sun as it turns into a red giant in 5 about 5 billion years. All the bible crap is non-sense. Stories in a man made book.

Probably this, unless we somehow master nanotechnology allowing for all sorts of crazy Star Trek replicator shit. I'm not holding my breath though.

#42 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

When I wake up.

#43 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

when chuck norris allows it to end

#44 Posted by phampire (284 posts) -

If we manage to live long enough the sun will blow up. That's the optimistic outlook. Other possible world ending causes include: nuclear warfare, famine/overpopulation, rampant disease or invasion by aliens.

#45 Posted by cornwalliz (214 posts) -

When the Cubs win the world series

#46 Posted by Grillbar (1816 posts) -

credits then with new game+

#47 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

The Earths core will get cooler and cooler, Earths magnetosphere will not be large enough to protect the Earth from solar radiation and the planet will loose it's atmosphere.

#48 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

War. War never changes.. except when there's nobody to fight them anymore.

#49 Posted by PolygonSlayer (425 posts) -

Depends on the definition of "world". If you mean earth, then in 1 or 2 billion years the sun will be too warm and vaporate all water on the planet, possibly turning it into another Venus for a while, then the sun wil eventually supernova removing any trace of our planet having even excisted at all. It might actually swell to a size where it even melts our planet before this happens also. That is unless humans are still around and have created technology at an almost unimaginarily advanced state were we either are able to control the fusion in our sun or move our planet out of the way by a few hundred lightyears.

Nothing special really, this kinda thing happens every day in some part of our universe.

#50 Posted by geirr (2536 posts) -

@Rappelsiini said:

@IBurningStar
Somewhat related, wet farts.

I'm scared.